PDA

View Full Version : Beasley to enter draft???

Old Dog
04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3346643

Not a shock to anyone if he does (news conference this afternoon) but I know that the kid has had a heck of a time making a decision.

Old Dog
04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
DOH!!!!! Meant to put ???? after the title.............nuthooks to me.

Bowser
04-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I really thought he'd be back for another year of classwork, and for Manhattan, Kansas.

MIAdragon
04-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I would too If i was a lock in one of the top three pics

markk
04-14-2008, 01:23 PM
its too bad he went to K state, he could have gone to ucla or memphis or some other bigtime school and won a title probably

Old Dog
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I really thought he'd be back for another year of classwork, and for Manhattan, Kansas.

A lot of people seem to believe (not saying that's what you're insinuating) that he didn't take any "real" classes. That's actually quite a far reach from the truth.

KurtCobain
04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
He's gonna make some money in the nba.

DaKCMan AP
Whitlock said it all:

If Beasley goes, Kansas State shouldnt act jilted

I hope Michael Beasley shocks us all today and announces he’s returning for a second season at Kansas State.

I’m selfish. Beasley makes my job easier. He’s the most wonderfully gifted college player I’ve seen since Glenn Robinson at Purdue in the mid-1990s.

I also have an ulterior motive. I don’t want to see Kansas State fans embarrassed again. They’ve spent the last three weeks convincing themselves that Beasley is agonizing over his decision to turn pro. If you believe the e-mailers, the bloggers and the message-board posters, the only reason Beasley might leave Manhattan is because of his desire to take care of his family.

Other than that, Beasley had such a good time in Aggieville, learned so much playing for Frank Martin and so thoroughly enjoyed K-State’s unforgettable, 21-12 season that he’d really prefer to build a home in Manhattan and work on his master’s degree.
You see, Beasley is just like Bob Huggins, another one-and-done phenom who had to be dragged from Manhattan kicking and screaming.

You remember the fallout when Huggy Bear left Kansas State. Jon Wefald and then-athletics director Tim Weiser cried like jilted lovers.

What worries me today is the thought of Beasley being forced to let K-State down easy in front of an audience. Seriously, breaking up is very difficult to do, especially when you’re trying to break up with someone who loves you far more than you love them.

“It’s not you. It’s me. You’re everything I want, everything any man would want, but I’m just not ready for a serious relationship.”

If Beasley is indeed bouncing to the NBA, there’s no need for a press conference. A short, simple press release would do the job. Heck, people are now breaking up with a couple of quick text messages.

“It’s just nt wrkng. C U latr.”

A departure press conference — even though K-State administrators may have insisted on one — will only serve to embarrass Kansas State. Yes, hardcore K-State fans might enjoy the emotional drama. They’d love to see Beasley shed a few tears, talk about how much fun he had in Aggieville, call Bramlage Coliseum the best-kept secret in college basketball.

I’m sure the hope is that some potential recruit will see the press conference, consider K-State and view Frank Martin as an up-and-coming coaching superstar.

It’s not going to happen. The story on one-and-done superstars has been told. Beasley and O.J. Mayo chose to attend nontraditional basketball powers and their decisions don’t look all that attractive in the rearview mirror.

Beasley and the Wildcats barely slipped into the NCAA Tournament. They had two signature moments — a home victory over Kansas and a first-round triumph over Southern California in the NCAA Tournament.

Had Beasley signed on to play at a traditional power, he probably would’ve won the player-of-the-year awards that Tyler Hansbrough won and Beasley certainly would’ve enjoyed an extended tournament run.

Send Beasley to UCLA instead of Kevin Love, and the Bruins likely win the national championship and Beasley is hailed as the greatest freshman in the history of college basketball. Beasley could’ve stayed closer to home and attended Georgetown, and the Hoyas would’ve won the national title.

I don’t think we’ll see anymore sure-fire lottery picks headed off to obscure basketball schools. Not unless their mentor/AAU coach lands an assistant-coaching job.

It’s probably not in the best interest of the player or the school long term.

Right now K-State fans think they’ll never forget Michael Beasley. That’s what they’re saying right now because Beasley hasn’t broken up with them yet. They’re still holding on to the desperate belief that the relationship isn’t over.

That’s all likely to change around 5 p.m. today. I hope I’m wrong. I’m a fan of dysfunctional relationships. They’re pretty much all I’ve ever known.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/574640.html

Demonpenz
you don't even have to pass any classes even if you get a 0 gpa you get put on probation time to smoke weed and bang ho's beasley you made it !

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Whitlock said it all:

He did? ROFL

I'm not sure he said anything, really. He speculates on shit he has no idea about and gets paid to do it. That's a great gig, but he's still a know nothing, fat, piece of crap, hack journalist - IMO.

the Talking Can
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3346643

Not a shock to anyone if he does (news conference this afternoon) but I know that the kid has had a heck of a time making a decision.

it's the easiest decision he'll ever make....

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I love how everyone is hating on the kid now...gimme a break.

No proof he didn't attend classes or do well...in fact the fact that he completed his coursework early says something about his academic character.

And once again Fatlock proves what a complete asshat he is. Just keep making shit up you obese hack.

Mecca
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
He should be going pro, unlike a guy like Hansbrough he has a legit NBA future.

xbarretx
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
DOH!!!!! Meant to put ???? after the title.............nuthooks to me.

and antifreeze? LMAO

Bowser
04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I love how everyone is hating on the kid now...gimme a break.

No proof he didn't attend classes or do well...in fact the fact that he completed his coursework early says something about his academic character.

And once again Fatlock proves what a complete asshat he is. Just keep making shit up you obese hack.

No, I think it's the right thing for him to go pro.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
No, I think it's the right thing for him to go pro.

oh, I totally agree. As much as I would have loved for him to stay, it's a huge risk financially for him. I just find it asinine that Shortcock is deriding him for having a press conference. EVERY player that goes early has one, and many that stay have them too. He's probably mad he didn't get a press pass.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Whitlock said it all:

Yeah, after listening to B-Easy's presser, Whitlock nailed it.:rolleyes:

What a shit-for-brains.

Direckshun
04-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Does Beasily have any outside game, though?

I don't know if he can create his own opportunities as much in the lane in the NBA.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 04:40 PM

I don't know if he can create his own opportunities as much in the lane in the NBA.

Yes.

He's the total package.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM

never watched him play did you?

Direckshun
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
never watched him play did you?
Not really.

Just during the tourney, and he was a beast in the lane. I didn't see a lot of evidence of an outside game.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Not really.

Just during the tourney, and he was a beast in the lane. I didn't see a lot of evidence of an outside game.

did Durant have an outside game?

http://accuscore.com/articles/ncaab-articles/michael-beasley-is-better-than-kevin-durant/

Direckshun
04-14-2008, 04:49 PM

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Listen, smartass, I'm asking a fucking question because I don't know the fucking answer. Stop being a shithead and answer my question.

I saw Durant play a lot and I see him play a lot in the NBA now, and he can hit a shot from anywhere on the floor, but he's worthless inside because he's built like a beanstalk.

Jesus Christ you don't see me pissing on draft newbies in the Draft forum.

That's going to draw you a ban. tsk, tsk............

Direckshun
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Aw, really?

Alright, I'll start editing...

alanm
04-14-2008, 04:52 PM
He declared just a little while ago.

Direckshun
04-14-2008, 04:53 PM
That said, please try to edit out my quote please.

04-14-2008, 04:57 PM

That is one of the problems with this board. People ask a question and get useless answers because everyone thinks they are a genius.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 04:57 PM
That said, please try to edit out my quote please.

This one............

Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Listen, smartass, I'm asking a ****ing question because I don't know the ****ing answer. Stop being a shithead and answer my question.

I saw Durant play a lot and I see him play a lot in the NBA now, and he can hit a shot from anywhere on the floor, but he's worthless inside because he's built like a beanstalk.

Jesus Christ you don't see me pissing on draft newbies in the Draft forum.

:D

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM

I'm not being a smart ass....I just answered your question with some wit.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
That is one of the problems with this board. People ask a question and get useless answers because everyone thinks they are a genius.

I wasn't being an ass to him, I just pointed out a point of reference. People all year have bagged on Beaz as a selfish player who only drove to the basket, when in reality he dumped off the ball a lot and had a decent game from outside the paint as well.

People know Durant has a reputation as an outside shooter, I was just using him as a point of reference.

Whats wrong with this board is all the homerism and rampant snide remarks that aren't based on any sort of reality.

hawkchief
04-14-2008, 05:05 PM
oh, I totally agree. As much as I would have loved for him to stay, it's a huge risk financially for him. I just find it asinine that Shortcock is deriding him for having a press conference. EVERY player that goes early has one, and many that stay have them too. He's probably mad he didn't get a press pass.

Not every player going pro has a presser. Plenty declare without one. The presser was done for KSU in it's never-ending attempt to seem relevant, far moreso than for Beasley personally. Beasley was kind enough to say a couple of things about the school Hill decided he'd play for and also let the country see their admins without tears in their eyes, ala when THuggins jilted them after his 6 month sentence in Manhattan.

KSUck's 15 minutes of fame just slammed closed upon them, and it would be in their best interests for "Dirty" Bill Walker to move on so the program's image doesn't take any more hits than it already has. That said, a "fresh" start under Frank Martin doesn't have much of a ring to it, does it?

KSU just keeps stepping in it, and under Martin will continue it's spiral right back to the bottom of the Big XII, where it feels at home. The gamble to hire Thuggins, illicitly hire Delonte Hill away from Charlotte so Beasley would come to KSU, the unwillingness to let Beasley out of his LOI when Thugs left, their turning their heads the other way with Walker's technical fouls and pissing on the court, ended up doing very little for a program that is at the top of the list for recruits that have either grade issues or legal problems - or both.

Sneaking into the tournament while looking like a bunch of fools doing and being viewed as one of the most desperate programs in the country isn't much of a reward.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Not every player going pro has a presser. Plenty declare without one. The presser was done for KSU in it's never-ending attempt to seem relevant, far moreso than for Beasley personally. Beasley was kind enough to say a couple of things about the school Hill decided he'd play for and also let the country see their admins without tears in their eyes, ala when THuggins jilted them after his 6 month sentence in Manhattan.

KSUck's 15 minutes of fame just slammed closed upon them, and it would be in their best interests for "Dirty" Bill Walker to move on so the program's image doesn't take any more hits than it already has. That said, a "fresh" start under Frank Martin doesn't have much of a ring to it, does it?

KSU just keeps stepping in it, and under Martin will continue it's spiral right back to the bottom of the Big XII, where it feels at home. The gamble to hire Thuggins, illicitly hire Delonte Hill away from Charlotte so Beasley would come to KSU, the unwillingness to let Beasley out of his LOI when Thugs left, their turning their heads the other way with Walker's technical fouls and pissing on the court ended up doing very little for a program that is at the top of the list for recruits that have either grade issues or legal problems - or both.

Sneaking into the tournament while looking like a bunch of fools doing and being viewed as one of the most desperate programs in the country isn't much of a reward.

find me a Top 5 lottery pick who didn't have a presser when he went early.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 05:18 PM

KSU just keeps stepping in it, and under Martin will continue it's spiral right back to the bottom of the Big XII, where it feels at home. The gamble to hire Thuggins, illicitly hire Delonte Hill away from Charlotte so Beasley would come to KSU, the unwillingness to let Beasley out of his LOI when Thugs left, their turning their heads the other way with Walker's technical fouls and pissing on the court ended up doing very little for a program that is at the top of the list for recruits that have either grade issues or legal problems - or both.

some of what you just said has validity, but very little. lots of typical bullshit from smallcockchief.

Beasley was NEVER refused release from his LOI. Beasley never ASKED for release. No one at KSU EVER said that he would NOT be released from his LOI. But then again je never ASKED to be released. See a pattern?

What proof do you have that Dalonte Hill was illicitly hired away from Charlotte?

Pot meet kettle? KU never recruits players with legal issues? hell, your FB team just gladly signed a kld with a record of statutory rape. KSU dismissed a player from the team immediately when a similar charge was brought forth. KSU on multiple occasions has passed on players with troubled pasts.

And aside from KU Rump Rangers with crimson and blue glasses, not many people in the world view KSU as such a joke. Many aren't even familiar enough to care, but those with real untainted views think we've done a decent job at our programs rebuilding attempt.

lastly, **** you you little bitch. you come into EVERY KSU thread whining and squawking. you're an embarrasment to the reasonable and sane KU following.

04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I wasn't being an ass to him, I just pointed out a point of reference. People all year have bagged on Beaz as a selfish player who only drove to the basket, when in reality he dumped off the ball a lot and had a decent game from outside the paint as well.

People know Durant has a reputation as an outside shooter, I was just using him as a point of reference.

Whats wrong with this board is all the homerism and rampant snide remarks that aren't based on any sort of reality.
Sorry dude. Wasn't meaning to aim that directly at you. It was just an observation of how a lot of people on this board tend to do things though.

It just seems pointless to even have an opinion on this board though.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry dude. Wasn't meaning to aim that directly at you. It was just an observation of how a lot of people on this board tend to do things though.

It just seems pointless to even have an opinion on this board though.

no problem...I will listen to constructive opinions from anyone, but like you said, so many people around here have such polarized views that half the shit that dribbles out of their mouths is complete fabrication and fantasy.

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Good luck Beaz. It was great.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 05:32 PM

KSU just keeps stepping in it, and under Martin will continue it's spiral right back to the bottom of the Big XII, where it feels at home. The gamble to hire Thuggins, illicitly hire Delonte Hill away from Charlotte so Beasley would come to KSU, the unwillingness to let Beasley out of his LOI when Thugs left, their turning their heads the other way with Walker's technical fouls and pissing on the court, ended up doing very little for a program that is at the top of the list for recruits that have either grade issues or legal problems - or both.

and being on Probation while winning a National Championship seems to be the standard at uk. Congrat's, cheaters!

hawkchief
04-14-2008, 05:33 PM
some of what you just said has validity, but very little. lots of typical bullshit from smallcockchief.

Beasley was NEVER refused release from his LOI. Beasley never ASKED for release. No one at KSU EVER said that he would NOT be released from his LOI. But then again je never ASKED to be released. See a pattern?

What proof do you have that Dalonte Hill was illicitly hired away from Charlotte?

Pot meet kettle? KU never recruits players with legal issues? hell, your FB team just gladly signed a kld with a record of statutory rape. KSU dismissed a player from the team immediately when a similar charge was brought forth. KSU on multiple occasions has passed on players with troubled pasts.

And aside from KU Rump Rangers with crimson and blue glasses, not many people in the world view KSU as such a joke. Many aren't even familiar enough to care, but those with real untainted views think we've done a decent job at our programs rebuilding attempt.

lastly, **** you you little bitch. you come into EVERY KSU thread whining and squawking. you're an embarrasment to the reasonable and sane KU following.

Plenty of people see KSU in the light I've set forth (among them, see Whitlock's volume of articles that spell out how KSU sold its' soul for a couple minutes of fame). Hate the people that dare expose your desperate Presdent, former AD and a portion of your fanbase for what they are.

So many grapes have tried to live off the "holier than thou" Bill Snyder days, and have taken pot shots at KU any time they wanted. Now reality is setting in - KSU is no better than a UNLV in its' heyday. Some KU fans like myself find it deliciously ironic that your little foray into big-time college athletics exploded in your faces, while completely undermanned with pussies leading the way i.e. a jock-sniffing "President" leading his milk-toast former AD around by his short-hairs.

You can't have it both ways - if your school is going to play dirty, you're going to have to live with the consequences, especially if much of your fanbase still wants to pretend the reason they suck at sports is because they do it "the right way".

The days of KSU doing it the right way are over - the days of sucking aren't.

By the way - LOVING the National Championship!!!!!!!! GO Hawks!!!

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Plenty of people see KSU in the light I've set forth (among them, see Whitlock's volume of articles that spell out how KSU sold its' soul for a couple minutes of fame). Hate the people that dare expose your desperate Presdent, former AD and a portion of your fanbase for what they are.

So many grapes have tried to live off the "holier than thou" Bill Snyder days, and have taken pot shots at KU any time they wanted. Now reality is setting in - KSU is no better than a UNLV in its' heyday. Some KU fans like myself find it deliciously ironic that your little foray into big-time college athletics exploded in your faces, while completely undermanned with pussies leading the way i.e. a jock-sniffing "President" leading his milk-toast former AD around by his short-hairs.

You can't have it both ways - if your school is going to play dirty, you're going to have to live with the consequences, especially if much of your fanbase still wants to pretend the reason they suck at sports is because they do it "the right way".

Wow, you are a bitter little cheater, aren't you. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2008, 05:41 PM

You should love a NC. But it doesn't make any of that science fiction you posted true. Using JW to "expose" KSU is great stuff. I'm glad it inspires you to post similar fluff.
And it's milquetoast, dumb****. You and RR have a tenuous grasp on the language. You really should try a basic english course.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 05:43 PM

and how exactly did it explode in our faces? we made the tourney for the first time in 12 years, and won a game. we had a better Big 12 record than any recent season. We haver some great kids playing for us, and one of the best all around players and person who is sadly leaving us for an NBA career and multi-multi-millions of dollars.

I'm sorry, where is the horrible thing that happened to us? Sorry to disappoint you smallcockchief.

oh, and only a fool would use Fatlock as source material and sustantiation. he'll write whatever gets tongues wagging, no matter who it's about or how true or false it is. he's a joke.

Brock
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't get the point of acting like a dick toward one of our fellow state colleges. I get it during game week, but right after KU just won a championship? You guys are douches.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't get the point of acting like a dick toward one of our fellow state colleges. I get it during game week, but right after KU just won a championship? You guys are douches.

Agreed, Hawchief is, and always has been, a douche

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
and how exactly did it explode in our faces? we made the tourney for the first time in 12 years, and won a game. we had a better Big 12 record than any recent season. We haver some great kids playing for us, and one of the best all around players and person who is sadly leaving us for an NBA career and multi-multi-millions of dollars.

I'm sorry, where is the horrible thing that happened to us? Sorry to disappoint you smallcockchief.

oh, and only a fool would use Fatlock as source material and sustantiation. he'll write whatever gets tongues wagging, no matter who it's about or how true or false it is. he's a joke.

It's the phognet groupthink. You can tell the most astute, perceptive hawk fans follow it religiously. ReeRun and hawkchief. It doesn't get any more "milk toast" than that.

Braincase
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
A critical indictment of Manhattan poon.

kstater
04-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Yeah, wherever you are, not just Manhattan, is tough to compare to the poon in Miami.

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2008, 06:02 PM

75 million in indictments from Nike alone.

ChiefsFanatic
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I am a diehard Jayhawk fan. During game week, I effing hate the Wildcats. I hate every team come game week, and I hate MU most of the time.

Having said that, I would love for KSU and MU to return to a higher level when it comes to basketball. I believe it would make our league so much better, and therefore better for us. As a Jayhawk fan, I think that no matter how those programs better themselves, we will always be able to win.

Unfortunately, I believe that Frank Martin is a joke as a headcoach. Maybe he will prove me wrong. I believe that he only got the job because of Walker and Beasley, and now that those guys will probably be gone, KSU is going to pay the price for hiring him.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, I believe that Frank Martin is a joke as a headcoach. Maybe he will prove me wrong. I believe that he only got the job because of Walker and Beasley, and now that those guys will probably be gone, KSU is going to pay the price for hiring him.

ROFL

good stuff...........

Pay the price? MF'r, we'd been away from the NCAA Tourney for 12 years. If that ain't paying the price, then I don't know what is..............

KevB
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I am a diehard Jayhawk fan. During game week, I effing hate the Wildcats. I hate every team come game week, and I hate MU most of the time.

Having said that, I would love for KSU and MU to return to a higher level when it comes to basketball. I believe it would make our league so much better, and therefore better for us. As a Jayhawk fan, I think that no matter how those programs better themselves, we will always be able to win.

If I'm not mistaken, this "joke" of a coach clearly outcoached one of the better ones out there in the USC game. He was lauded for the job he did in that game, which was the biggest game of his life.

Clearly he still has work to do. Can he consistently recruit? Can he build a program? These are answers that will come in time. But I think the guy did a very nice job with what he had to work with, and until proven otherwise, I'll support him.

hawkchief
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Martin is a joke, pure and simple. It will be hilarious to watch him without Beaz to carry the team next year. No question it would be nice if KSU and MU got better - but it doesn't happen. The past year for KSUck was a mirage, pure and simple. Their future is bleak at best, and Mizzou can't get out of it's own way - hasn't been able to for almost as long as KSU now.

Both programs need to hire better coaches, yet continue to work on the fringes hiring people like THuggins, Martin, Quin Snyder. Obviously they aren't going to land a big name coach, but if you are going to go on the fringe, at least get somebody that knows what they are doing, can discipline their team and not embarass their university. Neither program has done that for several years now.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Martin is a joke, pure and simple. It will be hilarious to watch him without Beaz to carry the team next year. No question it would be nice if KSU and MU got better - but it doesn't happen. The past year for KSUck was a mirage, pure and simple. Their future is bleak at best, and Mizzou can't get out of it's own way - hasn't been able to for almost as long as KSU now.

Both programs need to hire better coaches, yet continue to work on the fringes hiring people like THuggins, Martin, Quin Snyder. Obviously they aren't going to land a big name coach, but if you are going to go on the fringe, at least get somebody that knows what they are doing, can discipline their team and not embarass their university. Neither program has done that for several years now.

oh...I get it! You constantly have to post drivel and bash KSU in an attempt to be relevant. Each post is like your own mini-presser.

Your momma must be proud...did you call her and tell her to check out your post?

alanm
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I sure don't get the animosity. Must be a Kansas thing. All the Huskers have is Creighton instate and that's only Basketball and Baseball. Football would be Oklahoma and that's every 2 years and has always been respectful.:shrug:

hawkchief
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
oh...I get it! You constantly have to post drivel and bash KSU in an attempt to be relevant. Each post is like your own mini-presser.

Your momma must be proud...did you call her and tell her to check out your post?

No, I post to dispell the BS you grapes continually try and push about your "storied" atheltic programs and how pure everyting KSU is. What a crock.

Excuse me, i have to go watch the rerun of the NCAA Championship game again - seems like it was a great night for KU - a program with football and basketball programs that are quite relevant.

Ceej
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
So, any word on Billy Walker?

If he bolts also, which really wouldn't surprise me, who does KSU return? Who do you guys have coming in?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
No, I post to dispell the BS you grapes continually try and push about your "storied" atheltic programs and how pure everyting KSU is. What a crock.

Excuse me, i have to go watch the rerun of the NCAA Championship game again - seems like it was a great night for KU - a program with football and basketball programs that are quite relevant.

I don't know who you're talking about, but I've never seen anyone here posting about how pure we are.

But we were the #22 basketball team of all time according to Street and Smith, so don't act like we are UMKC.

Oh, and wipe up the cum this time after the final buzzer....your mom was complaining about the stained carpet in the basement...

hawkchief
04-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't know who you're talking about, but I've never seen anyone here posting about how pure we are.

But we were the #22 basketball team of all time according to Street and Smith, so don't act like we are UMKC.

Oh, and wipe up the cum this time after the final buzzer....your mom was complaining about the stained carpet in the basement...

Don't be so upset lil' mikey, you've still got Women's hoops to cheer for. KSU seems to always be able to pull the biggest porkers from Western Kansas and suit 'em up on the hardwoods. That's got to count for something, huh?

I still can't decide whether to watch a replay of the Orange Bowl or the NCAA Championship game tonight. Decisions, decisions.

I guess you'll probably watch your 2-DVD-set of KSU's uber-rare victory over KU this year - that's a no-brainer. Don't forget to put on your jammies with the feet on them before you hit "Play"..

KevB
04-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Don't be so upset lil' mikey, you've still got Women's hoops to cheer for. KSU seems to always be able to pull the biggest porkers from Western Kansas and suit 'em up on the hardwoods. That's got to count for something, huh?

I still can't decide whether to watch a replay of the Orange Bowl or the NCAA Championship game tonight. Decisions, decisions.

I guess you'll probably watch your 2-DVD-set of KSU's uber-rare victory over KU this year - that's a no-brainer. Don't forget to put on your jammies with the feet on them before you hit "Play"..

For somebody whose team is so "relevant", you sure do spend a lot of time posting about KState. Do you just enjoy being bitter? This is sports we're talking about, yet you seem to really value the time you spend attempting to rip a school you consider to be irrelevant. I'm a KSU grad and fan, and don't particularly like KU. But when KU's football program was struggling, I don't recall spending a lot of time on their threads doing my very best to belittle them. It's to a point you don't upset me in the least....I actually feel sorry for you.

ChiTown
04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
For somebody whose team is so "relevant", you sure do spend a lot of time posting about KState. Do you just enjoy being bitter? This is sports we're talking about, yet you seem to really value the time you spend attempting to rip a school you consider to be irrelevant. I'm a KSU grad and fan, and don't particularly like KU. But when KU's football program was struggling, I don't recall spending a lot of time on their threads doing my very best to belittle them. It's to a point you don't upset me in the least....I actually feel sorry for you.

I'm actually upset that I feel sorry for him. It's confusing.........

Lzen
04-15-2008, 09:59 AM
hawkchief,
please stop. You're an embarrassment to the rest of us KU fans. You sound like a bitter MU fan on the KC Star website (no offense to some of the respectful MU fans we have here). Your take on KSU doesn't even sound rational. It just sounds arrogant and bitter. :shake:

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I just want to say that it was great watching Beasley play. I think it was good for their program. But I also believe that Martin is not the long term answer for them at coach.

Lzen
04-15-2008, 10:06 AM
As for Beasley....

I'm a little disappointed. Now we will never get that game in Africa. :(
Seriously, it was a no brainer. The guy should be the top pick in the NBA draft. He was a Helluva player.

I also think that Walker is doing the smart thing. Don't hire an agent until you know for sure whether you will be drafted. If it doesn't look like, go back to college and improve your stock.

I hope KSU continues to bring in good talent and continues to challenge in the league. I think having teams like KSU and Texas this year really helped KU to prepare for and be tougher for the NCAA Tournament.

I think Frank Martin is a good coach. I said as much the week leading up to KU vs KSU in Manhattan. I still feel the same way. The way he subbed Beasley in the game in Lawrence when Beasley was in early foul trouble was superb. The guy can flat out coach. Now the big question, in my mind, is whether or not he can continue to recruit quality talent. I'm not saying he can or or can't do this. I'm saying that I don't know either way. Time will tell.

kstater
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
As for Beasley....

I'm a little disappointed. Now we will never get that game in Africa. :(
Seriously, it was a no brainer. The guy should be the top pick in the NBA draft. He was a Helluva player.

I also think that Walker is doing the smart thing. Don't hire an agent until you know for sure whether you will be drafted. If it doesn't look like, go back to college and improve your stock.

I hope KSU continues to bring in good talent and continues to challenge in the league. I think having teams like KSU and Texas this year really helped KU to prepare for and be tougher for the NCAA Tournament.

I think Frank Martin is a good coach. I said as much the week leading up to KU vs KSU in Manhattan. I still feel the same way. The way he subbed Beasley in the game in Lawrence when Beasley was in early foul trouble was superb. The guy can flat out coach. Now the big question, in my mind, is whether or not he can continue to recruit quality talent. I'm not saying he can or or can't do this. I'm saying that I don't know either way. Time will tell.

I think you just posted what a large majority of KSU fans think as well.

StcChief
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
he should have to pay back at least 3 times scholorship value of classes taken passed or dropped like any student.

Old Dog
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
he should have to pay back at least 3 times scholorship value of classes taken passed or dropped like any student.

He completed the classes in the fall semester, and from my understanding he will complete the ones in which he's currently enrolled.
So how would he possibly have to pay the school anything more?

Lzen
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM

Well, I'm not a blind homer. I love my KU teams but I can see through the homerism to recognize other good programs.

That being said, I think our football programs are going in opposite directions. :D

PhillyChiefFan
04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Too bad though, it was fun to watch K-State surprise a lot of people, after being the punching bag for the years I was there.

Hopefully, it will attract some better recruits for a few years.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
hawkchief,
please stop. You're an embarrassment to the rest of us KU fans. You sound like a bitter MU fan on the KC Star website (no offense to some of the respectful MU fans we have here). Your take on KSU doesn't even sound rational. It just sounds arrogant and bitter. :shake:

I actually almost suspect he's a sock. He's almost such an irrational KU fan, could he be a Tigger or someone trying to make KU fans look stupid?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-15-2008, 02:12 PM

agreed...in fact you will find that many many KSU fans are a bit pessimistic rather than pumping sunshine. Not to say it's doom and gloom, but we know where we stand.

I think Martin is a good coach, maybe not a great coach, but a decent one. I think he will improve, but I don't expect he will be a high-level talent. But I'm okay with that for now.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
He completed the classes in the fall semester, and from my understanding he will complete the ones in which he's currently enrolled.
So how would he possibly have to pay the school anything more?

Beasley actually was enrolled in mainly online courses, and he has either tested out or completed his coursework in all classes already. Not that difficult to do if a person is motivated.

Old Dog
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
There are a couple of classes (not online) he's still in that he has NOT tested out of and I know this to be a fact.

I won't say that he hasn't made arrangements to test out of those two though.....maybe he will.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Senior Beasley,

Bienvenidos a Miami