PDA

View Full Version : Wow...im getting old...

Deberg_1990
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Just heard on "Dancing with the Stars" :

"Tommorow Night on Dancing with the Stars, Def Leppard!!!" WTF???

hahahaha...How the mighty have fallen.....

Braincase
04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
"Pour some Splenda on me!"

Mr. Plow
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
It's Shook up Ramen....get it right.

04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
makes me worried for what their new album is going to sound like. Coming out at the end of April.

Deberg_1990
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
makes me worried for what their new album is going to sound like. Coming out at the end of April.

Actually, believe it or not, i thought their last one "X" was pretty dang good.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Actually, believe it or not, i thought their last one "X" was pretty dang good.

had to have been better than the previous 2...

bowener
04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
the mighty?

chefsos
04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
All those guys will be dancing? How do you score that? What about the professional partner who has to make not one, but a gazillion dorks look coordinated? And what about the drummer, the guy with no arms or legs? Are they just going to roll him around?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
All those guys will be dancing? How do you score that? What about the professional partner who has to make not one, but a gazillion dorks look coordinated? And what about the drummer, the guy with no arms or legs? Are they just going to roll him around?

he has 2 legs and 1 arm.

chefsos
04-14-2008, 09:19 PM
he has 2 legs and 1 arm.

Well, then, he won't roll very well at all.

Psyko Tek
04-14-2008, 09:33 PM
See the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm
The drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm
But why's everbody always pickin' on me?

RJ
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
If you were really getting old you'd be like me and would never have seen that show.

KC2004
04-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Pour some Ben Gay on me! In the name of love!

is that old enough?

Third Eye
04-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, so last 4th of July I had the "honor" of seeing STYX and Def Leppard at Riverport, here in St. Louis. My god it was bad.

Boon
04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, so last 4th of July I had the "honor" of seeing STYX and Def Leppard at Riverport, here in St. Louis. My god it was bad.

How the hell do they decide who's going to headline a must-see such as that?

KC2004
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
How the hell do they decide who's going to headline a must-see such as that?

:clap: Well whoever lost the coin flip.

Deberg_1990
04-14-2008, 10:48 PM

nothing tops the double bill of Night Ranger and REO Speedwagon

BigMeatballDave
04-15-2008, 01:44 AM
makes me worried for what their new album is going to sound like. Coming out at the end of April.The 1st single, 9 lives, is pretty good. Tim McGraw sings on it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTHjnoiBH1Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTHjnoiBH1Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ClevelandBronco
04-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Daguerreotype.
I don't want your daguerreotype.
I don't need your daguerreotype.
All I've got is a daguerreotype.
It's not enough...

stumppy
04-15-2008, 03:12 AM

:eek:
STYX ? Still playing ? Still together ? Still continent ? Or were they wearing depends under their leather pants ?
STYX was the first band I ever seen in concert. Would have been about 1974. I was 12 or 13 yrs old. Coincidentally, the first time I ever got high was at that concert.:D
Damn, now that I think about it I was pretty young to be token on doobies with all those hippies in McDonald Arena.

ClevelandBronco
04-15-2008, 03:22 AM
:eek:
STYX ? Still playing ? Still together ? Still continent ? Or were they wearing depends under their leather pants ?
STYX was the first band I ever seen in concert. Would have been about 1974. I was 12 or 13 yrs old. Coincidentally, the first time I ever got high was at that concert.:D
Damn, now that I think about it I was pretty young to be token on doobies with all those hippies in McDonald Arena.

1. I'm older than you. Yes, you were too young to be toking on anything other than a glass of Ovaltine at that age.

2. The hippie movement was already done when Styx arrived on the scene. There were folks whose older siblings had been hippies and yippies, and some of them tried to resurrect the movement, but that's about as far as it went.

stumppy
04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
1. I'm older than you. Yes, you were too young to be toking on anything other than a glass of Ovaltine at that age.

2. The hippie movement was already done when Styx arrived on the scene. There were folks whose older siblings had been hippies and yippies, and some of them tried to resurrect the movement, but that's about as far as it went.

Oh, I grew up 2 blocks from the largest college in S.W. Missouri and 2 blocks from Phelps Grove, the "MacArthur Park" of Springfield, Mo. with three brothers and a sister who are all in their mid 50's to early 60's. ( I was an accident as you can tell by the age differences):D I recieved a first hand education on what hippies are.
I just usually use the term hippie (somewhat inaccurately) when refering to any of the college age kids from the 60's into the early 70's.
I'm sure most of the 'real' hippies would have had very little interest in seeing STYX.

Ahhhh, the good ole days.:)