PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow.

Ebolapox
04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
alright. after playing WAY too much madden (wait... a lot of sh*tty threads are started like this)--errr... after watching florida a few times at the behest of a few cousins in florida (fuggin' gater fans), tim tebow looks like a great nfl prospect should we be picking high next year. he's built like a prototypical nfl QB, set a lot of passing records in high school, can run, etc. as much as I hate john elway (with every fiber of my being), he was and still is the prototype nfl qb.

so, the question. is tebow more elway, or more akili smith? have I lost my mind by listening to florida fans?

and yes, part of this stems from all of the matt ryan talk. I've been craving a legit qbotf for FOREVER (unfortunately, we're ignoring croyle as a glass vag in this scenario).

Demonpenz
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I want to see tebow throw more NFL style passes and take less hits. No doubt he is a great athlete

beach tribe
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I ****in hate the guy. With that said, I think he's going to be an absolute STUD.

More Elway.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
We'll know after this year. Florida will be running more of a pro-style offense. Still some spread-option, quick-hit passes, etc. But he will not be running nearly as much this year. The receivers (Percy Harvin-Deonte Thompson-Riley Cooper-Carl Moore-Louis Murphy-Cornelius Ingram) are absolutely sick and Tebow will be able to pick defenses apart.

Answer: wait and see

beach tribe
04-15-2008, 03:50 PM
We'll know after this year. Florida will be running more of a pro-style offense. Still some spread-option, quick-hit passes, etc. But he will not be running nearly as much this year. The receivers (Percy Harvin-Deonte Thompson-Riley Cooper-Carl Moore-Louis Murphy-Cornelius Ingram) are absolutely sick and Tebow will be able to pick defenses apart.

Answer: wait and see

According to Mecca, we already know what next year's QBs will look like.

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Jeff George with anorexic.

HolmeZz
04-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Tebow's a pretty bad NFL prospect right now. His accuracy is brutal and he consistently throws up ducks. He needs to be taught how to throw the football correctly.

eazyb81
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Where's the Heath Schuler option?

beach tribe
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Yea, a horrible prospect. A sophomore who throws 350 attempts at 67% 32tds and 6 picks. Lotsa ducks, and brutal accuracy? You didn't watch many florida games in CT did you?

EDIT: (With all do respect)

Ebolapox
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Where's the Heath Schuler option?

it goes under 'david klingler'...oh wait.... yeah, it could also go under akili smith.

JBucc
04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
He's got some weird mechanics that need to be fixed. I think he'll be a big project and wouldn't touch him in the first unless I had some QB guru on my team. I'm not so sure he'll come out next year either. He seems like the kind of guy who would stay four years.

CupidStunt
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Tebow's a pretty bad NFL prospect right now. His accuracy is brutal and he consistently throws up ducks. He needs to be taught how to throw the football correctly.

Clearly you did not watch much of the almighty Gators last season.

/DahomerAP.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Under the normal rules of ChiefsPlanet, if KC drafts him, he's Ryan Leaf, whereas if any other NFL team drafts him, he's John Elway.

HolmeZz
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Yea, a horrible prospect. A sophomore who throws 350 attempts at 67% 32tds and 6 picks. Lotsa ducks, and brutal accuracy? You didn't watch many florida games in CT did you?

EDIT: (With all do respect)

Judging a college quarterback by stats is about the most retarded thing you can do.

I watched plenty of Gator games. Tebow's arm is nowhere near NFL quality right now. His accuracy is a very big concern and it has a lot to do with the fact he doesn't throw the ball correctly. That leads to a lot of wobbly passes. You can get away with it in college, you can't in the NFL.

leviw
04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
He can't continue to run the ball 20 times a game, or his body will be gone.

SBK
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
He's Michael Vick without the dog fighting.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
He's Michael Vick without the dog fighting.

ROFL They're not similar at all.

SCTrojan
04-15-2008, 04:53 PM
If I had to make a comparison to someone of recent vintage, I'd say Doug Flutie. Not in size, obviously, but in skill set and the way they play the game. Flutie wasn't the best mechanically, but he could play the position and did what he had to do to win games.

But I think Tebow is still growing into the position and we'll see what develops in time.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
But I think Tebow is still growing into the position and we'll see what develops in time.

Exactly. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks right now. It matters what people think come January. For now, as long as he's productive and wins games I could care less if he's a #1 overall draft pick or a UDFA.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Klingler.

KCChiefsMan
04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I really don't know. Some think he will be a great NFL QB and some think he will be a complete bust. Some think he will be a top pick and some think he will be a 2nd day pick. I don't really know much about him to speculate.

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Judging a college quarterback by stats is about the most retarded thing you can do.Tell that to Jason White and Ryan Dinwiddie, bitch!

I really don't know. Some think he will be a great NFL QB and some think he will be a complete bust. Some think he will be a top pick and some think he will be a 2nd day pick. I don't really know much about him to speculate.All you need is a reference to Dave Concepcion.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2wqr69x.jpg