PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs on the Clock

ROYC75
04-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Was supposed to be on sportscenter today.

Did anybody catch and could tell me if it was on sportscenter so that I could catch it later tonight ?

BigVE
04-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes, I caught it. Yes it was part of sportscenter. Nothing new. Earlier in the show they were saying that they were pretty sure that the Ram's would take Ryan and then later in the show Ryan's name was in discussions between 'em all about whether KC should take him at 5 or go with a guy like J. Long or Clady. Same 'ol same 'ol. Kiper DID make some good points though, we have only 2 for sure starters on the O-line so that leaves 3 holes to fill and if you fill the LT spot with a rookie it won't matter if it's Croyle or Ryan at QB.

evolve27
04-15-2008, 06:20 PM
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3348668"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3348668" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

BigVE
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
^^ Or That. ^^

Mr. Kotter
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
My hunch is Clady.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
That was quite enlightening.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
My hunch is Clady.

:grr:

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2008, 06:32 PM
My hunch is Clady.

Yet watch us draft Dorsey/Ellis :rockon:, then all the "pundits" and talking heads will be shitting bricks because KC didn't pick their guy

Coogs
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Kiper DID make some good points though, we have only 2 for sure starters on the O-line so that leaves 3 holes to fill and if you fill the LT spot with a rookie it won't matter if it's Croyle or Ryan at QB.

Now granted the rest of Clevelands O-line is better than the Chiefs, but Thomas did a pretty fair job at the LT spot for the Browns.

But I really think it is going to take a year or so for the line to really gel. And if we thke Ryan in the first, we may have to add the finishing piece to the O-line next draft in Oher.

Mr. Laz
04-15-2008, 07:27 PM
i wonder about center .... who is gonna make the line calls? :shrug:

usually you want somebody experienced with defenses making the calls.

Mecca
04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
My hunch is Clady.

If that really happens we can chalk another pick up to simply "this is why the Chiefs are the Chiefs"

BigVE
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
If that really happens we can chalk another pick up to simply "this is why the Chiefs are the Chiefs"

Not right away. We didn't know Trezell was Trezell *sp* for a couple of years either. :) ;)

Mecca
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I guess according to Merril Hodge the Colts shouldn't have picked Peyton Manning......I really don't like guys who devalue QB's. And them saying line is the most important is still humerous because the entire team is bad.

BigVE
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I guess according to Merril Hodge the Colts shouldn't have picked Peyton Manning......I really don't like guys who devalue QB's. And them saying line is the most important is still humerous because the entire team is bad.
This is why the great debate on who we should take at the 5th spot is useless overall...we just have WAY too many holes to fill in one year, especially with us not being involved in FA signings thus far this year.

Mecca
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
This is gonna take a couple years, that's why if you think Ryan is a QB that can win championships you take him, he'll be coming into his own when the team is ready in roughly 3 years....

irishjayhawk
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Any idea how Hodge still has a job?

Chiefs Pantalones
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
If Ryan is there you have to take him. It's just time to take another chance on a possible franchise QB. We're going to suck this year no matter what, and if Ryan is any good the quality of the oline won't help or hurt his development as a QB, IMO. Just because an oline sucks doesn't mean the QB sucks, and we aren't looking to win this year anyway. Look at David Carr...sure his oline sucked, but he would've been a crappy QB even with a good oline. Like Parcells says, you are what you are. I don't know, it's just time to take that chance.

RustShack
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
I'd love to have a franchise QB or the franchise DT the Tampa Two needs... perferably the DT though.

CoMoChief
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL This place is gonna meltdown because the Chiefs are gonna piss all over themselves in this draft I just know it. I'm almost just gonna ****in prepare for it.