PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Question

Buck
04-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Poll to Follow...Regarding No Hitters

If you were the announcer (play by play or color), and your pitcher was throwing a no hitter, would you let it be known to the fans?

JBucc
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM

Buck
04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
By the way, the reason I ask is because w/ 2 outs in the 7th, the play by play guy said, "Don't go anywhere folks, this is going to get interesting!"

And literally 2 seconds later, we gave up our 1st hit.

I totally blame the guy.

L.A. Chieffan
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Randy Wolf can die of gonerrhea and rot in hell. Cookie?

KCChiefsMan
04-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I thought just the people on the field aren't supposed to say anything

Buck
04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Randy Wolf can die of gonerrhea and rot in hell. Cookie?

OOOHHHH, somebody is jealous that their old and busted pitcher is now proving something in SD

L.A. Chieffan
04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
OOOHHHH, somebody is jealous that their old and busted pitcher is now proving something in SD

Whats ur point? Couldnt you have take Odalis Perez or Tomko?

Buck
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Whats ur point? Couldnt you have take Odalis Perez or Tomko?

We did take Tomko and he performed great for us down the stretch last year.

L.A. Chieffan
04-15-2008, 10:59 PM

Of course. Everybody that leaves the dodgers turns into MVP.

alanm
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
By the way, the reason I ask is because w/ 2 outs in the 7th, the play by play guy said, "Don't go anywhere folks, this is going to get interesting!"

I totally blame the guy.
I was watching the Rockies side of the game. Their announcers were talking about no hits since the 4th inning.
Why would you care if the announcers were talking about it. The only ones who shouldn't be talking about it is your teammates if you're the pitcher. You don't mention it to the guy in the dugout that he's got a no-no going. Bad Ju-ju. :shake: Even if he knows he's got a no hitter going.

Buck
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I was watching the Rockies side of the game. Their announcers were talking about no hits since the 4th inning.
Why would you care if the announcers were talking about it. The only ones who shouldn't be talking about it is your teammates if you're the pitcher. You don't mention it to the guy in the dugout that he's got a no-no going. Bad Ju-ju. :shake: Even if he knows he's got a no hitter going.

The way I see it is that the players, coaches, announcers, and fans shouldn't talk about it at all.

I am very superstitious though.

I wore the same pair of underwear, the same jersey, and put on my deodorant the same way (7 strokes up and down per side) every week when the Chargers went on their winning streak last year.

I bought a new jersey and wore it for the AFC Championship game, we lost.

alanm
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
The way I see it is that the players, coaches, announcers, and fans shouldn't talk about it at all.

I am very superstitious though.

I wore the same pair of underwear, the same jersey, and put on my deodorant the same way (7 strokes up and down per side) every week when the Chargers went on their winning streak last year.

I bought a new jersey and wore it for the AFC Championship game, we lost.
I don't think the no hitter superstition includes fans or broadcasts. In fact producers would be screaming in the announcers head sets about mentioning a pitcher with a no hitter going.
They probably tell them to let it be known every half inning to keep people tuned in. I hear announcers mention it all the time if a pitcher has one going.

Miles
04-16-2008, 04:19 AM

Its 3 f*cking starts. Wolf wasn't that bad last year and one would hope that his numbers would improve in SD's park. He is a somewhat decent pitcher for a middle to end of the rotation but hardly worth talking shit about. Enjoy 3rd place in the west.

Miles
04-16-2008, 04:29 AM

If great has the same meaning as somewhat not too terrible then I agree.

cookster50
04-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Radio or tv announcer? Sure. Stadium announcer, heck no.

seclark
04-16-2008, 06:38 AM
fans = ok
broadcasters = after start of 8th inning
sec

Demonpenz
04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
If they had the power to control baseball games I am pretty sure they would be working in vegas not doing play by play for the sandy vagina's

StcChief
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM

I totally blame the guy.so when did the 'play by play guy' start pitching?

SCTrojan
04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
No way - maybe in the last inning like sec says - but even that is messing with karma.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
just another stupid superstition...it doesn't matter if they say it or not. it doesn't impact the game either way.

xbarretx
04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Matt, fans can see theres no hits so theres no need to tell them. if its on the radio they would mention something about no hits however it could be bad to say..were looking at a no hitter... who knows..

Sure-Oz
04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Of course. Everybody that leaves the dodgers turns into MVP.

Shawn Green was such a stud after leaving LA