chasedude
04-17-2008, 08:29 AM
lol a Cockroach!!! :eek:

Demonpenz
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Welcome to joe's apartment!

SLAG
04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
ive never had them before, i was not sure thats what it was, I found just one on the wall and one on the floor, how do I get rid of them?

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
If you see one you've got a thousand.

KCFalcon59
04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Toss them in a salad.

Radar Chief
04-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I think that’s typically referred to as a “thumb” and a table saw seems to be a quick way of getting rid of them. ;)

SLAG
04-17-2008, 08:40 AM

So whats the best and fast way to get rid of them for good

I need them gone

like yesterday

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 08:45 AM
So whats the best and fast way to get rid of them for good

I need them gone

like yesterday

Go to Wal-Mart, bug spray section. You will find several kinds of fogger bombs. Set them off in your house following the directions. You may have to do this more than once depending on how many roaches you have.

chasedude
04-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Skip's right, they multiply worse than rabbits and they hide in some crazy spaces.

Mr. Plow
04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Antifreeze.

REDHOTGTO
04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
move

Bill Lundberg
04-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Crack his back and smoke him.

Abba-Dabba
04-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Boric acid poured into the walls, or just call a damn exterminator. You will probaly spend as much monety over the course of time that it takes you to eliminate them, as you would an exterminator for a couple visits and a annual spraying. Whatever you do, act fast. As a matter of a fact, you should already be at Wal-Mart or on the phone with Bug-B-Gone.

chasedude
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Hurry SLAG before this happens to you!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKx3zr1wK7s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKx3zr1wK7s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SLAG
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
ive been on the phone getting quotes, one company is very helpful and suggests I pour bleach down the drain to try that first since she says it dosent sound real bad, their price for a one time treatment is 125 not too bad i dont think

I sent her the pic she is checking her book now

BigOlChiefsfan
04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
That looks like a 'waterbug', a specific kind of roach. They won't multiply like the common 'german roach' but they're still bad news. When you buy the fogger, buy a big bottle of Boric Acid too - usually marketed as something like 'Roach Away'. Spread this stuff around under the fridge, along the walls in the basement, in cracks. On top of boxes, etc...anyplace that a roach might walk into the powder. It works by having la cucuracha step in the boric acid powder then later he'll clean himself...and the powder gets him. Boric acid keeps working as long as it stays dry, it's cheap and it'll help keep them away. I'd use it with the foggers as a 'get out and stay out' combination. If that won't get 'em, call for a pro. Boric Acid is safe to use around kids and pets (assuming they don't decide to eat the whole bottle or something). It doesn't kill every bug, but it's pretty good for roaches and if you mix it with some sugar it's good to kill ants. I put that mix in old jar-lids and set them (use more than 1) anywhere I see ants. They take some time to do the job...but they do the job.

SLAG
04-17-2008, 09:14 AM
That looks like a 'waterbug', a specific kind of roach. They won't multiply like the common 'german roach' but they're still bad news. When you buy the fogger, buy a big bottle of Boric Acid too - usually marketed as something like 'Roach Away'. Spread this stuff around under the fridge, along the walls in the basement, in cracks. On top of boxes, etc...anyplace that a roach might walk into the powder. It works by having la cucuracha step in the boric acid powder then later he'll clean himself...and the powder gets him. Boric acid keeps working as long as it stays dry, it's cheap and it'll help keep them away. I'd use it with the foggers as a 'get out and stay out' combination. If that won't get 'em, call for a pro. Boric Acid is safe to use around kids and pets (assuming they don't decide to eat the whole bottle or something). It doesn't kill every bug, but it's pretty good for roaches and if you mix it with some sugar it's good to kill ants. I put that mix in old jar-lids and set them (use more than 1) anywhere I see ants. They take some time to do the job...but they do the job.

Thanks thats very much what the lady told me, she said it is a "Oriental" Cockroach and most people call them water bugs or water beatles because they are near the drain, So she told me to put bleach down the drain as thats mostly where they come from. we will get some boric acid later today too

Thanks for everyones help

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Those are the Asian Water roaches. They live and breed in the sewer lines. They are hard as hell to get rid of. I have several rental houses with those. They come up through your drain lines via the sinks and bathtubs. Call an exterminator for advice.

jjchieffan
04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I have had roaches in the past. I have tried all the walmart. It does not work. Call my uncle, Gary Shore. He owns Shore pest control. He will do a good job for you and not charge you an arm and a leg.816-419-6164

Bob Dole
04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
If your location was really Olathe, you wouldn't have any bugs.

Rain Man
04-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks thats very much what the lady told me, she said it is a "Oriental" Cockroach and most people call them water bugs or water beatles because they are near the drain, So she told me to put bleach down the drain as thats mostly where they come from. we will get some boric acid later today too

Thanks for everyones help

Should this be merged with the Asian Hotties thread?

Jilly
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd call an exterminator, you don't want to mess with those nasty things.

Smed1065
04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
See PM Slag.

DenverChief
04-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Should this be merged with the Asian Hotties thread?

LMAO

blueballs
04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
With cock-roaches in the house
the wife won't feel like toking on yours

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
You'll never have trouble with cockroaches if you do what I do. Just burn your house down every couple of years.

Adept Havelock
04-17-2008, 01:51 PM

Roaches, Mr. Rico! Millions of 'em!

Delano
04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I know just the guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/kiyone/dale-gribble-dales-dead-bug.jpg

bowener
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
You have crabs. Get a special shampoo and a tiny comb.

SLAG
04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I know just the guy:

Dales Dead Bug wont drive from Arlen to Olathe

I already Called

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I know just the guy:

Rusty Shackleford?