PDA

View Full Version : Rush, Arthur to announce draft status at 3:30

mikeyis4dcats.
04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8045164?MSNHPHMA

Where is smallcockchief? I need a relevance check.

Direckshun
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I actually think I'd draft Arthur first.

stlchiefs
04-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Can they play DE?

DJay23
04-17-2008, 12:19 PM
KUSports.com reports they will both announce they are entering the draft. Arthur's mother confirmed Darrell will at least go to tryouts and not hire an agent immediately, Rush has to make the commitment as it's the second time he's flirted with the NBA.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/apr/17/rush_arthur_hold_330_pm_press_conference_regarding/

Braincase
04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
I actually think I'd draft Arthur first.

Yep. DA led the team in scoring, but he may choose not to hire an agent. Brandon is gone, gone, gone - he's already declared for the draft a couple of times, and this time there's no turning back. I'll be more curious about Mario.

DJay23
04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow, I guess both articles same the exact same thing.

DJay23
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Yep. DA led the team in scoring, but he may choose not to hire an agent. Brandon is gone, gone, gone - he's already declared for the draft a couple of times, and this time there's no turning back. I'll be more curious about Mario.

I think in Mario's best interest he should declare, go to the workouts, see where he could land and decide from there. I don't think another year will help him any more than being on the cover of SI will.

Baby Lee
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Wow, I guess both articles same the exact same thing.

Same the same same same!!

PhillyChiefFan
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Well at least they got a championship in, good for them. I wish them the best of luck. Watching them play made me forget about Bucknell.

Skip Towne
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Bill Self is out reloading as we type.

Ultra Peanut
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Bill Self is out reloading as we type.That's the beauty of it, really. A rematch in Detroit is not at all out of the question.

Mr. Plow
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Sad to see them go, but they brought home the Championship. I couldn't ask for more. It was a foregone conclusion that Rush was gone. If KU is lucky, Arthur will not test well and come back.....but that's just me being selfish.

Hopefully Chalmers will be back as well.

Sure-Oz
04-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Rush would be a dumbass not to go, his stock may not get higher than what it is and i doubt he wants to risk injury

Reerun_KC
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the memories boys.... You brought the Championship home to KU... What more you could do now? nothing is left unfinished...

Would be nice to see Aurthur come back, but that is a pipe dream.. Rush needs to go now, never will his stock be higher...

Mr. Kotter
04-17-2008, 12:59 PM
That's the beauty of it, really. A rematch in Detroit is not at all out of the question.

I'd be happy to see that. :toast:

Spicy McHaggis
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I anticipated both of these guys as being as good as gone. Chalmers needs to stick around though.

DJay23
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/

Nice, they predict 5 Hawks going to the league, 3 in the first round.

Reerun_KC
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM

What Kaun a seconded rounder?

someone better watch CoMo very closely in the next few weeks!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the Championship guys!!! GO KU!!!

Chalmers should stay though. I think he'd be helping his dollar bills by staying for one more year. Plus, I think he has great potential to be a special pro and he'd be served best by staying one more year.

DJay23
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the Championship guys!!! GO KU!!!

Chalmers should stay though. I think he'd be helping his dollar bills by staying for one more year. Plus, I think he has great potential to be a special pro and he'd be served best by staying one more year.

I want him to stay as much as any KU fan, but let's be real, how much more exposure can you get for yourself than this? We know he has the ability, especially shooting the 3 and on defense. I'm not sure what he could improve with one more year.

I'm not sure he can improve his stock between this year and next, and the exposure he has now won't be nearly the same next year unless we repeat which isn't very likely with Rush and Arthur gone.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I want him to stay as much as any KU fan, but let's be real, how much more exposure can you get for yourself than this? We know he has the ability, especially shooting the 3 and on defense. I'm not sure what he could improve with one more year.

I'm not sure he can improve his stock between this year and next, and the exposure he has now won't be nearly the same next year unless we repeat which isn't very likely with Rush and Arthur gone.

Shut up.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, CHALMERS!!!! STAY!!!!

;)

DJay23
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
What Kaun a seconded rounder?

someone better watch CoMo very closely in the next few weeks!

He has gotten progressively better in his time at KU, and especially this year. Toward the end of hte year he showed hints of post up moves. More coaching and he could develop a nice low post game.

He is big, and strong, can get up for lobs and rebounds and can block shots on D. He could be great depth on an NBA team for a long time.

Oh yeah, AND he's a National Champion!!!

Mr. Laz
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

kaun and jackson going in round 2 ...... nice :clap:

Kaun is a good fit with san antonio

he can sit on the bench for a couple of years and learn while Duncan still going strong

cmh6476
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
shady just said without an agent, could it be? :)

Mr. Laz
04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
arthur is definitely sounding like he is open to coming back for another year.

cmh6476
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Collins
Chalmers
Releford
Aldrich
Shady

???

:)

Lzen
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
arthur is definitely sounding like he is open to coming back for another year.

Let's hope the workouts don't go so well. :)

Would love to see Chalmers and Arthur back next year.

hawkchief
04-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Collins
Chalmers
Releford
Aldrich
Shady

???

:)

Add Mario Little, Tyrone Appleton and the Morris twins to that lineup and it would be a very solid group - possibly Final Four caliber with all of the defections occuring in college hoops for next season. However, I don't expect Arthur back, and at this point simply getting Mario back for his senior season would be a coup.

Kudos to Bill Self for reloading with several interchangeable parts. Even without DA, the experience of the top-ranked juco's - Little and Appleton, combined with prep standouts in the Morris twins, gives Kansas a bit more experience than if they were true freshmen.

Will be interesting if Self can reel in Ater Majok or another unsigned stud yet for next season. He's stated he'd like another "big" for next year.

BigVE
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Couple of things here that I see. 1. As was mentioned Chalmers stock is probably as high as ever BUT he is still projected as LATE first rounder so there is a chance he could slide to round 2 which would NOT be good for him or his pocket book. Verdict? He stays. 2. D. Arthur is projected at number 14 right now. He could slide down a few spots OR he could very easily CLIMB a few spots and then be a lottery pick. Verdict? Sadly, i think he goes. Rush is gone for sure so I just wish him the best. Wish Shady Arthur would come back but I sure don't see it if the projections are close, MILLIONS of guaranteed reasons for him not to come back.

ArrowheadHawk
04-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I wish them all luck.

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I wish them all the best! Thanks for the championship guys! But I do hope Arthur and Mario stays

Sure-Oz
04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I wish them all the best! Thanks for the championship guys! But I do hope Arthur and Mario stays

they should go before jason sutherland blows out all their knees