PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting Allen read from Minnesota...

Coogs
04-18-2008, 07:57 AM
I got this from a Vikings BB. I would assume this is in a Minnesota newspaper, but there wasn't a link with the article. Sounds as if the compensation could get better than a 1st and a 3rd...

The Vikings made waves two years ago with the “poison-pill” offer sheet they executed with guard Steve Hutchinson, making him the highest paid guard in the league (at the time). This weekend, they may be willing to break the bank again with defensive end Jared Allen to avoid him visiting with Tampa Bay early next week.

The Vikings may make the most aggressive push for a player in their franchise’s history Friday when they entertain Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen for a visit and a physical.

The parameters of a trade continue to change and escalate, if indications from league sources are correct. One source said that the Vikings are expected to get Allen in for visit and make him an offer he can’t refuse – and more importantly one that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wouldn’t consider matching. Allen is tentatively scheduled to visit Tampa Bay early next week … if he refuses what is expected to be a huge offer from the Vikings.

The Vikings declined comment on the situation, but the Chiefs acknowledged that they are in trade talks with other teams about Allen.

"Jared is not an exclusive franchise player," Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson said in a statement. "Therefore, based on the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, he has the right to visit and negotiate with other teams. However, for any trade to be completed, the Chiefs would need to reach an agreement on compensation."

And the Chiefs are expected to use that leverage in an attempt to escalate the compensation they would receive for Allen. The Vikings originally offered first- and third-round draft choices, according to a source, and the Chiefs were looking for even more for the 2007 league leader in sacks. The Vikings were said to be considering an additional high-round pick in next year’s draft.

Now, according to a source, the Vikings don’t want to risk letting Allen leaving Minnesota and might be willing to pay a steep price to both the Chiefs and Allen. Speculation revolves around the Vikings offering first- and second-round picks this year and considering an exchange of high-round picks next year.

That begs the question why the Vikings wouldn’t simply sign Allen to an offer sheet that would require two first-round picks as compensation if the Chiefs declined to match the offer. The answer, according to a league source, is that they fear the Bucs would try to trump that offer or the Chiefs might simply match it and end any trade attempts. However, while the Bucs have more salary-cap space than the Vikings this year – Tampa Bay is believed to have more than $25 million in cap space while the Vikings have about $15 million – the Vikings can afford to part with more draft picks. They currently have nine picks for the 2008 draft – with extra picks in the third and sixth rounds – while the Bucs only have five. The Vikings also pick at No. 17 in the first round, three spots ahead of the Bucs in this year’s draft, making Minnesota’s first-round pick more valuable to the Chiefs. That would also be the case with a second-round pick this year.

So while both the Vikings and Bucs would both be able to make Allen the highest paid player in the league at his position – Dwight Freeney signed a six-year, $72 million contract in 2007 – the Vikings appear to have more to offer to the Chiefs in the form of draft picks.

It would be a high price to pay, but the Vikings want to avoid Allen leaving Minnesota and visiting the Bucs, who proved they are willing to pay (or overpay) for free agents with the six-year, $37.5 million deal they inked with center Jeff Faine in free agency.

With Allen, the Vikings would be getting a proven commodity that former teammates rave about.

“He did everything for us,” former Chiefs defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson, now with Tampa Bay, told the Kansas City Star. “Look at the numbers he put up in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles, percentage of playing time. All of that makes him a key player to that defense. Jared was the energy on the defensive line. He brought so much energy to the game that it motivated everybody else. If you lose him, that energy level isn’t the same.

“It will take a while for them to get somebody through the draft or through free-agency who can do the things for them that he can do. I guess they have a plan. Every team we played against was worried about Jared Allen. They knew what he could do.”

And yet while playing only 14 games (he served a two-game suspension), he led the NFL with 15½ sacks in 2007. According to a league source, Allen wants nothing to do with signing a long-term deal in Kansas City anymore after his wishes to do that for some time resulted in little effort by the Chiefs to work something out. He appears to be excited about his Friday meeting with the Vikings.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FoxSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

eazyb81
04-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Nice, good find.

StcChief
04-18-2008, 08:01 AM
This still stems from failed drafts. Damn it Carl :cuss:

BigRock
04-18-2008, 08:07 AM
I saw this on a Minnie board, so take it with a grain, but they thought the "exchange of high round picks next year" meant that the two teams would swap first-rounders in 2009. Which would make zero sense for the Chiefs since they'll probably be looking at another high pick next year, especially without Allen.

And if they add Allen, the Vikings are probably a lock to make the playoffs in that division, so it's even worse.

Bowser
04-18-2008, 08:08 AM
That's a different take on the problem of not having much cap room - just trade picks away to avoid having to play new players, even though they'll still have to pay Jared.

Hoover
04-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Thank God we have more than one team willing to give up picks for JA.

I believe that the Vikings will pony up, but I'm not willing to exchange picks next year, we need additional picks, as our will be high anyway.

First and Third this year and a Second in 2009

Or a First and 2nd this year.

Coogs
04-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I saw this on a Minnie board, so take it with a grain, but they thought the "exchange of high round picks next year" meant that the two teams would swap first-rounders in 2009. Which would make zero sense for the Chiefs since they'll probably be looking at another high pick next year, especially without Allen.

I thought of that as well. I wonder if it meant something like this. Their lower first rounder for our higher 2nd rounder type of deal.

StcChief
04-18-2008, 08:15 AM
trading picks next year would be stupid. There's will likely be in high 20s...
our 1-5...

Delano
04-18-2008, 08:18 AM

And if they add Allen, the Vikings are probably a lock to make the playoffs in that division, so it's even worse.

I was trying to interpret that comment as well and came to the conclusion that if it were anything other than the Chiefs 2nd for the Vikings 1st, this would be stupid. Along with a 1st and 2nd/3rd this year, the Vikings 1st next year for Allen and the Chiefs 2nd. I'm not in favor of this trade happening at all, but if it does, the Chiefs need to rape the Vikings.

The Chiefs 1st for the Vikings 1st would mean Carl thinks this team is going to compete in '08-'09.

keg in kc
04-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I would assume an exchange of high round picks next year could mean our third for their second, or something along those lines. In which case, theoretically, we'd be talking Jared Allen and our 2009 3rd for Minny's 2008 1st and 2nd as well as their 2009 2nd. It could even mean we swap our 2nd for their 1st.

BigRock
04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
I was trying to interpret that comment as well and came to the conclusion that if it were anything other than the Chiefs 2nd for the Vikings 1st, this would be stupid. Along with a 1st and 2nd/3rd this year, the Vikings 1st next year for Allen and the Chiefs 2nd. I'm not in favor of this trade happening at all, but if it does, the Chiefs need to rape the Vikings.

The Chiefs 1st for the Vikings 1st would mean Carl thinks this team is going to compete in '08-'09.
The first-rounder swap thing might just have been wishful thinking on their parts. I doubt anyone knows for sure at this point.

BTW, this article came from the Vikings' scout.com site. Wonder if their guy is any better than Erroneous Nick.

patteeu
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM

IMO, it's far more likely to mean something like swapping our 2nd or 3rd rounder for their 1st for the reasons you mention and because the text talks about swapping "high round picks" not "first round picks".

Hammock Parties
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
That's actually a premium article from the Vikings' scout.com site. Guess that BB has no qualms about that sort of stuff.

Brock
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
That's actually a premium article from the Vikings' scout.com site. Guess that BB has no qualms about that sort of stuff.

Yes, and they're not just re-reporting what everybody already knows.

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Wow, people actually pay for that stuff?

Hammock Parties
04-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow, people actually pay for that stuff?

We had nine people buy subscriptions yesterday. King Carl's Allen drama is good for business.

Bob Dole
04-18-2008, 09:10 AM
So what was the point of Carl tagging Allen if he's not going to demand the ****ing 2 first round picks associated with the damned tag?

What a ****ing idiot.

the Talking Can
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
me love the sound of that

for once could we get the better end of a deal?

anything more than a 1st and 2nd would rock..even more would rock even more...

Deberg_1990
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
We had nine people buy subscriptions yesterday. King Carl's Allen drama is good for business.

Well, good for you guys i guess.

the Talking Can
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM

no, we don't

now take your spam, WPI, your vagina, and go away....

StcChief
04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
We had nine people buy subscriptions yesterday. King Carl's Allen drama is good for business.sucker born every minute:shake:

Hammock Parties
04-18-2008, 09:32 AM
sucker born every minute:shake:

Suckers, huh? For what it's worth, Nick reported weeks ago that the Vikings and Bucs were two teams interested in Allen.

Kerberos
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes, and they're not just re-reporting what everybody already knows.

You forgot to mention the $99.99 a year price tag that goes with it as well.

Bob Dole
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
me love the sound of that

for once could we get the better end of a deal?

anything more than a 1st and 2nd would rock..even more would rock even more...

Anything less than 2 firsts is an ass ****ing.

Allen: If you tag me, I'm going to be pissed off and want to leave.
Carl: HAHAHAHA! Tag! You're it.
Allen: Okay. I'm going to talk to other teams.
Carl: Great. Be sure you tell them that I'm so ****ing clever that I'll take less than is outlined CLEARLY IN THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT.

nychief
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
no ****ing way we swap picks. We are going 0-16 next year. We are not giving up the no. 1 overall pick.

Kerberos
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Suckers, huh? For what it's worth, Nick reported weeks ago that the Vikings and Bucs were two teams interested in Allen.

Is it curved or straight and is he Circumcised?

the Talking Can
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM

Carl: Great. Be sure you tell them that I'm so ****ing clever that I'll take less than is outlined CLEARLY IN THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT.

we heard you the first time....you can wave your piece of paper around all you want, but you can't make anyone give you 2 firsts....

Brock
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
no ****ing way we swap picks. We are going 0-16 next year. We are not giving up the no. 1 overall pick.

I don't think that's what that means. That would be stupid.

KC kid
04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
However!!!!!!

I am really starting to wonder what in the world the Chiefs' plan is. I thought Herman Edwards was supposed to take more of a leading role in player decisions. This nasty dispute WREAKS of Carl Peterson. We have seen these issues before. How many times do draft picks hold out and it gets personal and nasty? How many vets have held out and it gets personal and nasty? We have a player that feels like he did everything he can do to get paid by the Chiefs and it seems Carl does not want this to happen. Obviously, I am not in favor of breaking the bank, but we are talking about a guy that is 26 and led the league in sacks in only 14 games. His play on the field is excellent and he deserves to be paid. We kept LJ, a thug that makes raps about "F Carl Peterson" and LJ got paid!!! (way too much money for a running back).

If the Chiefs do not pull, at least, a first and a second out of the 08 draft, I am going to question the integrity of carl peterson and wonder if he is trying to sabotage the organization and the city for the obvious disdain we have for him.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
as much as i like JA and hate mr.peterson i like this move.

penguinz
04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
So what was the point of Carl tagging Allen if he's not going to demand the ****ing 2 first round picks associated with the damned tag?

What a ****ing idiot.To guarantee we get something for him instead of just a compensation pick in the next draft?

Bob Dole
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
we heard you the first time....you can wave your piece of paper around all you want, but you can't make anyone give you 2 firsts....

Yeah. That never happens when someone signs someone else's franchised player. :rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2008, 10:38 AM
2008 1st and 3rd
2009 1st for our 2nd

That would suddenly become quite tolerable.

milkman
04-19-2008, 07:04 AM

It's a rare thing to get teams to give up two firsts for a player, and the times that it's happened, I'd be willing to bet that the teams that did have come to regret it.

However, in the draft value, next year's first is equal to this year's second.

If the Chiefs got an '08 1 and 2, and swapped their '09 second for the Vikings '09 first, that would actually be greater value than just the two firsts.

It'll never happen.

It's Carl, he'll **** it up somehow.

CupidStunt
04-19-2008, 07:40 AM
It's a rare thing to get teams to give up two firsts for a player, and the times that it's happened, I'd be willing to bet that the teams that did have come to regret it.

However, in the draft value, next year's first is equal to this year's second.

If the Chiefs got an '08 1 and 2, and swapped their '09 second for the Vikings '09 first, that would actually be greater value than just the two firsts.

It'll never happen.

It's Carl, he'll **** it up somehow.

Meh. You'd be talking about swapping pick 33 or 34 for pick 27 or 28. Not that significant.

milkman
04-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Meh. You'd be talking about swapping pick 33 or 34 for pick 27 or 28. Not that significant.

The point still stands.

chubychecker
04-19-2008, 08:14 AM
a 1st and a 2nd this year for someone who wants to break the bank with more than average risk is more than adequate compensation. Because the franchise tender is two firsts doesn't mean that's what the Chiefs need in compensation to make this a good Deal for Them. By letting him speak with other teams it was obvious we were open to trading him from the beginning. The tag kept him from leaving as a FA.

Last year was a remarkable year for JA but remember it was also a contract year. How will he play when he get's the cash????

BigChiefFan
04-19-2008, 08:18 AM
a 1st and a 2nd this year for someone who wants to break the bank with more than average risk is more than adequate compensation. Because the franchise tender is two firsts doesn't mean that's what the Chiefs need in compensation to make this a good Deal for Them. By letting him speak with other teams it was obvious we were open to trading him from the beginning. The tag kept him from leaving as a FA.

Last year was a remarkable year for JA but remember it was also a contract year. How will he play when he get's the cash????
So we should never re-sign any of our players, because of the "if" factor? Why even ****ing bother, then?

evolve27
04-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Jared Allen-DL-Chiefs Apr. 19 - 9:48 am et

If the Vikings are unable to work out a trade with Kansas City for Jared Allen, signing him to an offer sheet is not an option.

That route would give the Chiefs the option of matching and would cost the Vikings two first-round picks, a steep price. "We wouldn't do that," coach Brad Childress said. The teams will likely continue to hash it out over the weekend.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

milkman
04-19-2008, 08:30 AM

I don't think that Allen is the kind of player who will lose his on field motivation when he gets paid.

The concern with him has to be what he does off the field as soon as he get spaid.

Bwana
04-19-2008, 08:36 AM

What a ****ing idiot.

Exactly, Peterson needs a cowboy boot to the apple sack. :shake:

Valiant
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM

I wonder if they can sue you guys for not actually having anything premium.. I might spread the word about that...

Valiant
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I wonder if they can sue you guys for not actually having anything premium.. I might spread the word about that...

Or just tell them how to use firefox to look at all your articles for free.. Which by the way the JA is pure BS...

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Huh? We have plenty of premium going around. That idiot findthedr ripped some of it off and posted it on fatchatter.com today.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Huh? We have plenty of premium going around. That idiot findthedr ripped some of it off and posted it on fatchatter.com today.

And it wasn't anything that hadn't been reported elsewhere already.

That the Vikings, Bucs, Jags and Patriots were reportedly interested in Allen.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
And it wasn't anything that hadn't been reported elsewhere already.

Actually, no, when we posted it on our forum YESTERDAY it was fresh news.

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, no, when we posted it on our forum YESTERDAY it was fresh news.It was posted here yesterday, too.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
It was posted here yesterday, too.

Saw it on Warpaint first. And it wasn't exactly the same information, either.

OnTheWarpath15
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Actually, no, when we posted it on our forum YESTERDAY it was fresh news.

Interestingly enough, 610 reported it yesterday as well.

:hmmm:

J Diddy

wtf do you call what you do?

are you authorized to take those videos and compile your gay little films?

furthermore, he posted it and deleted it, the copy that remains is a quote from you?
All he's guilty of is quoting you--which in my opinion should be a capital offense.

Secondly, the freaking article's meat was 2 things--The owner would have to have to approve the trade and it would have to be for the good of the team.

If I paid $ for that I would be pissed, nucklehead.

Are the reason you're patrolling the sites for quote wpi articles is that you're afraid someone will see the shotty quality of work before you guys scam them out of their money.

keg in kc
Interestingly enough, 610 reported it yesterday as well.Funny how that works, isn't it.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:37 PM
All he's guilty of is quoting you--which in my opinion should be a capital offense.

It's cute that you defend him for violating our legal rights. The fact that he attempted to dance around the rules by posting the same thing in a screenshot doesn't impress me. Scout's legal department was contacted hours ago.

The Bad Guy
04-19-2008, 02:43 PM
It's cute that you defend him for violating our legal rights. The fact that he attempted to dance around the rules by posting the same thing in a screenshot doesn't impress me. Scout's legal department was contacted hours ago.

Maybe someone from NFL Films should be made alert of the copyright violations you take part in for your videos.

You are such a scumbag.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe someone from NFL Films should be made alert of the copyright violations you take part in for your videos.

The NFL is aware of my video work. They love it.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 02:50 PM

And I'm sure he's trembling, and how exactly is taking someone else's professional video editing it down and adding background music and calling it my own

The Bad Guy
04-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Just because you sent the movies to Gunther and the other cast of rejects the Chiefs employ, doesn't mean you have the blessing of the NFL to steal their material.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 02:51 PM

And I'm sure he's trembling, and how exactly is taking someone else's professional video editing it down and adding background music and calling it my own not trampling someone's elses legal rights?

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 02:53 PM

You sure do think that you're the shit don't you?

Truth is you're articles read like a madman with adhd, your thoughts are all over the place and when and if you make a point your point is obsolete

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:54 PM
And I'm sure he's trembling, and how exactly is taking someone else's professional video editing it down and adding background music and calling it my own not trampling someone's elses legal rights?

Uh, I don't make a dime off any of it, nor do I call anything my own. Hundreds of people do what I do all across the internet and no one cares. You're just looking for something to trash me over. Quite pathetic, really.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
You sure do think that you're the shit don't you?

Truth is you're articles read like a madman with adhd, your thoughts are all over the place and when and if you make a point your point is obsolete

Go back down the gutter to fatchatter.com from whence you came.

KC kid
04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Great discussion going on here and I would like to add some insight. I do not claim to have any inside knowledge of the situation, but I do have a few thoughts to offer up. Many of the ideas provided here are very well thought and articulated. However, I want to bring up a few points that are not emotionally based. All emotions/hard feelings with Jared Allen and the Chiefs aside.

From a business standpoint, I have seen it posted here that many of you think that the Vikings have the upper hand and that Carl would be an "idiot" to not take the 1st and third for JA. Supply and demand dictate that the Chiefs have all the cards. Let's look at some facts.

The Chiefs have Jared Allen.
There is only one Jared Allen.
Jared Allen is 26. Led the league in sacks in only 14 games. Is a top 3 defensive end. The Giants proved last year that pressuring the QB is the way ?o win. That is the trend in the NFL. What other top flight defensive end is available?

The Vikings have the cap space.
Many other teams have cap space.
The Vikings have picks.
Many other teams have picks.

The Chiefs have Jared Allen for two more years if they want him. Yes, I understand that JA would not be happy and all that, but the Chiefs are not making a superbowl run in the next two years and do not have the sense of urgency to win now. That would make the Chiefs more likely to take a hit and do what is best for the team long term. A team that thinks they ARE ready to make a superbowl run would be more willing to give away picks. Fact is, Jared Allen playing for ten million a year in KC is a lot better option for him than sitting out and missing out on his prime years and a NICE paycheck. This guy loves to play football. If the vikings or another team do not make the deal this year. . . someone else will next year.

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
If the vikings or another team do not make the deal this year. . . someone else will next year.The risk there is the same for Allen and the Chiefs. What if he gets injured? What if he doesn't perform at the same level again?

That's why they both need to strike while the proverbial iron is hot. His value is as high right now as it will ever get. Say they franchise him and he tears his ACL in October (assuming he playes). He's out tens of millions of dollars and the team's out multiple high-round picks.

KC kid
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
The risk there is the same for Allen and the Chiefs. What if he gets injured? What if he doesn't perform at the same level again?

That's why they both need to strike while the proverbial iron is hot. His value is as high right now as it will ever get. Say they franchise him and he tears his ACL in October (assuming he playes). He's out tens of millions of dollars and the team's out multiple high-round picks.

Yeah, but what if we draft JA's replacement and HE blows an ACL??

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Uh, I don't make a dime off any of it, nor do I call anything my own. Hundreds of people do what I do all across the internet and no one cares. You're just looking for something to trash me over. Quite pathetic, really.

Hundreds of people do what findthedr did on the internet and no one cares. You're just looking for something to trash me over. Quite pathetic really

Pssst. I've got some quality insider information about what carl peterson ate for lunch 2 weeks ago--I figured it's the kind of stuff you guys sell.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Bah gawd Kang, GC's lookin' like a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest!

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Go back down the gutter to fatchatter.com from whence you came.

I came from here, check your sources. Oh wait.

Forgot who I was talking to disregard the part about sources

beach tribe
04-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, but what if we draft JA's replacement and HE blows an ACL??

There are a billion different variables, which is why it's just time to accept that JA is gone. He is my favorite player.
You're a Chiefs fan. It's gonna be a long time before we feel anything that doesn't resemble a kick in the teeth.

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but what if we draft JA's replacement and HE blows an ACL??You can "what if" yourself until your head spins. You've got to deal with reality, and the point I was making in my last post is not about what might happen, but rather that his value right now is the highest that it will ever be. That's a fact, he knows that and the Chiefs know that. He will never get a higher contract than the one he can get this season, even if he comes out and repeats his performance again. Why do you think he's jockeying so hard to get himself traded? He doesn't have anything to gain by waiting; he can only lose. And it's exactly the same for the Chiefs.

It might be a different scenario if he was interested in staying in KC. Apparently he's not. This is his doing. He's the one making visits. He's the one who doesn't want to play under the tag. Which is understandable, because while 9+ million is a lot of money, it's maybe 20% of what he'll get in 2008 if he signs a new deal. He won't sign that deal with Kansas City. All that leaves is a trade.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Hundreds of people do what findthedr did on the internet and no one cares.

Actually, plenty of people care. Read the fine print on Scout.com. We have a legal department for a reason.

eazyb81
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
You know, if I were Minnesota, I would just wait until after the draft and then just sign Allen to an offer sheet. They know we won't match, and that way they won't have to give up any 2008 picks, just their 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010.

Assuming JA does well, those picks should be very late in the 1st round, so it won't hurt as bad as giving up the #17 this year.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 05:34 PM
You know, if I were Minnesota, I would just wait until after the draft and then just sign Allen to an offer sheet. They know we won't match, and that way they won't have to give up any 2008 picks, just their 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010.

Assuming JA does well, those picks should be very late in the 1st round, so it won't hurt as bad as giving up the #17 this year.

It doesn't work that way.

The free agency period ended April 18th.

Allen is no longer free to sign with another team.

eazyb81
04-19-2008, 05:41 PM

Isn't that just for restricted free agents?

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the info.

No prob :thumb:

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 07:43 PM

unrestricted ends july 22

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Actually, plenty of people care. Read the fine print on Scout.com. We have a legal department for a reason.

maybe they should spend their money on hiring quality reporters then maybe, just maybe people would want to pay for it

I, myself, got dumber just by reading it

04-19-2008, 07:49 PM
maybe they should spend their money on hiring quality reporters then maybe, just maybe people would want to pay for it

I, myself, got dumber just by reading it

And that is quite an achievement. :D

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 07:49 PM
maybe people would want to pay for it

People do. Your bitterness and bias is pointless and only makes you look childish. Especially when you defend someone like findthedr.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
People do. Your bitterness and bias is pointless and only makes you look childish. Especially when you defend someone like findthedr.

I, sir, am not bitter nor am I biased (you reach for those cards quite a bit I might add)

I look childish, does your mirror betray you? You want to dick with the guy over posting something he might have gotten from your "news" site?

I have no problem with findthedr, I don't know what he might have done over here, but there he posts in like 3 threads and they are all football related and insiteful (except the wpi bullshit)

You need to get over yourself, you're no Joe Po or Whitlock, I would throw my 16 year old daughter's writing up against yours

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
And that is quite an achievement. :D

well yes it is

wait, what do you mean?

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
You want to dick with the guy over posting something he might have gotten from your "news" site?

He ripped us off. I'm shocked you're actually ignorant of that fact.

And you're bitter and biased as hell. You hate me despite the fact I've never done a thing to you. You're a lovely individual.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:24 PM
He ripped us off. I'm shocked you're actually ignorant of that fact.

And you're bitter and biased as hell. You hate me despite the fact I've never done a thing to you. You're a lovely individual.

with all due respect I don't hate you at all
you are obviously proud of the stuff you spew, but I fail to see how what he did is any worse than what you've done

I don't agree with the shit you pull for the express purpose of getting under peoples skin, I think it's crappy

Thanks for the complement. It's the only nice thing you've said all day

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:27 PM
with all due respect I don't hate you at all

You are full of shit. Please leave me alone. I don't wish to converse with you in the future.

I fail to see how what he did is any worse than what you've done

You're also ignorant, then. I didn't steal anything from a pay site.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:28 PM
If Jared Allen isnt a Chief for the rest of his career, this organization is going to lose a lifetime devoted fan... It isn't worth it anymore. They won't be worth my time and effort anymore

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
You are full of shit. Please leave me alone. I don't wish to converse with you in the future.

:)
Pussy

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not amused. Go back to your gutter with your thief, findthedr.

Rausch

You never honored the founder or moderaters of this site when they said the same about you.

ON FIVE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS.

Why should any person give you that respect?

Maleable ethics are the foundation of a good journalist...

J Diddy
If Jared Allen isnt a Chief for the rest of his career, this organization is going to lose a lifetime devoted fan... It isn't worth it anymore. They won't be worth my time and effort anymore

Good meeting you, sorry it didn't work out

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Why should any person give you that respect?

Because I'm reformed. And I rule.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:34 PM

:shake:

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
:shake:

http://www.filmfashion.nl/stills/breakfastclub7.jpg

What're you gonna do about it?

You think anybody's gonna believe you?

You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine?

I'm a man of respect around here. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy...you're a lying sack of shit!

And everybody knows it.

Oh, you're a real tough guy...come on, come on...get on your feet, pal! Let's find out how tough you are! I wanna know right now, how tough you are! Come on! I'll give you the first punch, let's go! Come on, right here, just take the first shot! Please, I'm begging you, take a shot! Come on, just take one shot, that's all I need, just one swing...

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
What're you gonna do about it?

You think anybody's gonna believe you?

You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine?

I'm a man of respect around here. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy...you're a lying sack of shit!

And everybody knows it.

Oh, you're a real tough guy...come on, come on...get on your feet, pal! Let's find out how tough you are! I wanna know right now, how tough you are! Come on! I'll give you the first punch, let's go! Come on, right here, just take the first shot! Please, I'm begging you, take a shot! Come on, just take one shot, that's all I need, just one swing...

that films's copyrighted

thief

so is the 30 seconds from back to the future in d bowe video

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Are you now trying to mimic the way JWhit responds on forums as well as his indignance?

You have over and again displayed a complete lack of character and anything even resmbling a personality. You at least had the ability to laugh at yourself and express some humility before some dog$#it site decided to hire you on out of pity and GOOD WORD from others. Instead of showing gratitude you've take the opportunity to condescend and belittle people you feel are below you because your glorified posts are printed.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 08:42 PM

I honestly believe you think that.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Are you now trying to mimic the way JWhit responds on forums as well as his indignance?

You have over and again displayed a complete lack of character and anything even resmbling a personality. You at least had the ability to laugh at yourself and express some humility before some dog$#it site decided to hire you on out of pity and GOOD WORD from others. Instead of showing gratitude you've take the opportunity to condescend and belittle people you feel are below you because your glorified posts are printed.

:clap:

what he said

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 08:44 PM

I don't think you understand what's going on here, Rausch, good buddy. Yes, I'm completely arrogant at the moment. I have a right to be. Our intellectual property was ripped off this morning and posted on fatchatter.com. Presently, the situation has not been remedied.

I'm going to continue to be a dick about it until the matter is taken care of. I was nice at first, but when thieves give me lip, the kid gloves come off. I just hope Phil's site doesn't suffer because of findthedr's actions. That would be a damn shame.

I'll start laughing at myself again when the situation calls for it.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't think you understand what's going on here, Rausch, good buddy. Yes, I'm completely arrogant at the moment. I have a right to be. Our intellectual property was ripped off this morning and posted on fatchatter.com. Presently, the situation has not been remedied.

I'm going to continue to be a dick about it until the matter is taken care of. I was nice at first, but when thieves give me lip, the kid gloves come off. I just hope Phil's site doesn't suffer because of findthedr's actions. That would be a damn shame.

How do you feel that it is your intellectual property to ****ing quote common sense dumbass

No shit the chiefs are gonna do what's best for their franchise no shit the ultimate final ****ing decision is the owners

HOW IN THE ****ING HOLY HELL DO YOU FEEL THAT IS YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

If I were you I would distance myself from that retarded pile of shit as quickly as possible

keg in kc
04-19-2008, 08:51 PM
This has to be a joke, him of all people complaining about theft of intellectual property.

J Diddy
04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
This has to be a joke, him of all people complaining about theft of intellectual property.

Comparing his writing to intellectual property is an oxymoron

Valiant
04-20-2008, 01:49 AM

They can't afford to pay staff, what makes you think they can pay lawyers..

Everybody, it is easy to rip the shit off of that crap site.. Well if by shit I mean articles that are freely given elsewhere that they charge for..

If you want to go after gochiefs, just go to the NFL.com website, there is a security page that you can link his illegal videos to.. They care if a person is making money off of their copyrights.. You can also take down WPI and probably get Athan in trouble for knowing about it..

They actually do have lawyers..

Valiant
04-20-2008, 01:50 AM

He probably didn't steal anything either.. It is not our fault that firefox lets you see your worthless site pages without using a username or password on your insider page..

Valiant
04-20-2008, 01:53 AM

I hope the WPI does not suffer IF someone turns in all of your thieving of videos and torrents.. Man imagine if you brought down Athans whole empire.. Actually that would be funny as hell..

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
They can't afford to pay staff, what makes you think they can pay lawyers..

Seriously dude.

https://secure.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=5&c=20

The articles, photographs, data, and other content ("Content") appearing on or available through the websites operated by Scout Media, Inc. ("Scout") are protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. All such Content is protected by copyright and are owned or controlled by Scout or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any part of the websites operated by Scout. Copying, storing or redistributing any Content is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Scout or the identified copyright holder. Logos, graphics, sounds or images from any website operated by Scout may not be copied, stored or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Scout prior to use.

Scout permits the "fair use" of certain of the Content. Such use is subject to "fair use" guidelines, and must: (1) include "Scout.com" and the URL from which the Content originate; (2) not reflect a modification of the Content; (3) include a copyright notice in all copies; and (4) be for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media.

They care if a person is making money off of their copyrights..

I haven't made one thin dime off any of my video work. Furthermore, what I do is protected under the fair use act. The Chiefs know about it and don't have any issues with it.

You seriously need to get off this "F*CK GOCHIEFS IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE" trip. It's really nasty. I'm sure you're not this despicable in real life.

Valiant
04-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Seriously dude.

I haven't made one thin dime off any of my video work. Furthermore, what I do is protected under the fair use act. The Chiefs know about it and don't have any issues with it.

You seriously need to get off this "F*CK GOCHIEFS IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE" trip. It's really nasty. I'm sure you're not this despicable in real life.

Actually I am.. The more you post on here and act like a little bitch the more I will build up a profile to get you in deep shit with the NFL.. All you have to do is shut your ****ing mouth on here and quit spamming your worthless site.. We have had the conversation before, the NFL or the Chiefs DO NOT have a clue who you are.. When I talked to them they said they will prosecute anybody giving out their property to anyone else..

How about for fun, you play your cards and I will play mine and see who wins??

Or you can quit being a little troll on here and threatening everybody else with crap you do constantly.. Either deal with it or get burned..

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Actually I am.. The more you post on here and act like a little bitch the more I will build up a profile to get you in deep shit with the NFL.. All you have to do is shut your ****ing mouth on here and quit spamming your worthless site.. We have had the conversation before, the NFL or the Chiefs DO NOT have a clue who you are.. When I talked to them they said they will prosecute anybody giving out their property to anyone else..

How about for fun, you play your cards and I will play mine and see who wins??

Or you can quit being a little troll on here and threatening everybody else with crap you do constantly.. Either deal with it or get burned..

Seriously. Where is this coming from?

For one thing, you don't even know what you're talking about. I handed a stack of my videos to a Chiefs official last year. They know who I am.

It's really sad when someone takes a good thing that everyone enjoys and tries to turn it into a negative. Is that really your end goal here? I have a hobby that I enjoy, that entertains, and you want to make life miserable for me over it?

Threatening people? Where did I threaten anyone?

Why can't you make peace with me? There's no reason for us to be at odds.

If you really get upset about my "spam," I guess I can't blame you, but some people do enjoy reading Chiefs news and commentary, and this is a Chiefs site.

Come on...end this. I'm trying here.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
But U never asked for cash and have not delivered?

They do not ask if U make money but if U charged for it.

I can tell them u asked for money and I am still waiting for the product.

Guess that is a scam and not copy infringements until I inform the NFL and Bitch that I got ripped off for an NFL coverage and never got it?

I bet they never hate bad coverage cause they love me?
We will see.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:26 AM
I can tell them u asked for money and I am still waiting for the product.

You haven't contributed a dime to any project I've ever worked on.

Now, did I ask for donations a few months back in order to put together a Derrick Thomas video? Yes, but not for my own personal gain. In order to obtain the necessary source video, I had to find someone who sold old NFL games. The cost was prohibitive for me to fund it myself. The money I collected goes ENTIRELY to the seller. I don't see a cent of that money.

Now, the NFL could prosecute the seller I found, I'm sure. But then we wouldn't have a great video to enjoy. And that would just be a damn shame. I'm sure no one on here would want to RUIN fun for Chiefs fans.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Seriously dude.

I have asked for money but have not made a dime.

I have not delivered that film either.

But it cost me money to make it.

See post from last year- (upfront) just covers the cost to pirate the NFL.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:30 AM
I have not delivered that film either.

Why is it any of your business? Quite frankly, it's not, but for the benefit of those who did contribute, here's the skinny - my seller took a LONG time to round up all the games I requested. She's just getting done this weekend.

I don't conjure crap out of thin air. Sometimes these things take awhile.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:33 AM
You haven't contributed a dime to any project I've ever worked on.

Now, did I ask for donations a few months back in order to put together a Derrick Thomas video? Yes, but not for my own personal gain. In order to obtain the necessary source video, I had to find someone who sold old NFL games. The cost was prohibitive for me to fund it myself. The money I collected goes ENTIRELY to the seller. I don't see a cent of that money.

Now, the NFL could prosecute the seller I found, I'm sure. But then we wouldn't have a great video to enjoy. And that would just be a damn shame. I'm sure no one on here would want to RUIN fun for Chiefs fans.

Is this like U R leaving forever thread?

Or the breaking news for this year?

U left and this site was great W/O your BS IMO. lets make a poll and see if u need 2 leave.....ROFL

Like U care azz. U have been voted off more tham muslims.....And I listen to them.

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Is this like U R leaving forever thread?

Or the breaking news for this year?

U left and this site was great W/O your BS IMO. lets make a poll and see if u need 2 leave.....ROFL

Like U care azz. U have been voted off more tham muslims.....And I listen to them.

Smed, I don't even know what to say. Please don't destroy my life.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Why is it any of your business? Quite frankly, it's not, but for the benefit of those who did contribute, here's the skinny - my seller took a LONG time to round up all the games I requested. She's just getting done this weekend.

I don't conjure crap out of thin air. Sometimes these things take awhile.

So is this the film from the NFL U charged for?

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Ur life ?
LOL

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
So is this the film from the NFL U charged for?

I didn't charge anybody for anything.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
I ignored U but u started it. I am backing it. IMO

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:37 AM
U did me?

Hammock Parties
I ignored U but u started it. I am backing it. IMO

Alright Smed. Goodnight.

Smed1065
For a tribute.

Smed1065
* months ago?
I can pull it up azz

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Alright Smed. Goodnight.

Guess I am right

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Smed, where is the confusion here? When did you ever send me money? Did you do it under another username?

* months ago?
I can pull it up azz

Feel free to do so. The original Derrick Thomas video thread has a list of those who contributed. Your name is not on that list.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:39 AM
same see u when U leave here 4 ever.
LOL

azz
U lie but I have not so far so U leave-LOL
CP jr

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm waiting Smed. Produce some proof.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Smed, where is the confusion here? When did you ever send me money? Did you do it under another username?

Feel free to do so. The original Derrick Thomas video thread has a list of those who contributed. Your name is not on that list.

Yes I did and still waiting.

Beside U do not get paid for "other" films"
LOL

Bring it azz
I will see
U R ignorant, no stupid

We will see
I have a copy of all films and the dl link is to U
LOL
IP and all

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Bring my holier than U and we will see . My dad is a PA for the Gov. U get pissed about Nicks BS but u think U are great and better than the national. U R Stupid........
Hum

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Yes I did and still waiting.

Smed, I kept track of everyone who sent in a donation. I have all of the usernames. Your name is not on that list.

I would like to clear up this confusion, so perhaps you can reveal why you think you donated? Here is the list:

BigRedChief
Arrowhead Pride
TD4Valerio
pestilenceaf23
beach tribe
dtebbe
DTLB58
Hootie
cowboyChief
Die Hard to the Bone
Ari Chi3fs
nfl_chic
Chiefs58DT
gta0012
Wally

Original thread in which you did NOT post:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179434

Valiant
04-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Seriously. Where is this coming from?

For one thing, you don't even know what you're talking about. I handed a stack of my videos to a Chiefs official last year. They know who I am.

It's really sad when someone takes a good thing that everyone enjoys and tries to turn it into a negative. Is that really your end goal here? I have a hobby that I enjoy, that entertains, and you want to make life miserable for me over it?

Threatening people? Where did I threaten anyone?

Why can't you make peace with me? There's no reason for us to be at odds.

If you really get upset about my "spam," I guess I can't blame you, but some people do enjoy reading Chiefs news and commentary, and this is a Chiefs site.

Come on...end this. I'm trying here.

Gunter does not count as an NFL official. He could care less..

Why are you attacking Findthedr?? He is not making any money on anything nor is he claiming it as his own?? He found your so called premium source article and gave it freely to everyone else.. You do the exact same thing but somehow you think you are above it??

You threaten others for the exact same shit you do.. You are the pot calling the kettle black.. This is why so many disdain you..

You WANT TO END THIS?? How about quit attacking others for the same shit you do, I could actually care less about you stealing NFL movies and freely giving them out.. The only thing that irks people is your hypocrisy in it all..

You want people to read Chiefs news?? Then just post your article without a link, quit trying to draw people to WPI.. If all you care about is giving Chiefs news you can do this.. You post the link to draw hits and hopefully posters to a rival forum.. Guess what you guys are not an espn or cnnsi site, you are a rival site to Chiefsplanet..

Of course that would mean you would actually have to keep the truth of your word which we all know is very flimsy..

So what is it?? Quit attacking others for the same stuff you do?

and are you genuinely wanting people to read articles about the Chiefs or just draw hits to your site??

Hammock Parties
04-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Gunter does not count as an NFL official. He could care less..

I have never even met Gunther Cunningham.

Why are you attacking Findthedr??He violated our terms of service. There is precedent for going after those who post premium information from any site, whether it be ESPN, CNNSI or Scout.

You threaten others for the exact same shit you do.I most certainly do not.

I could actually care less about you stealing NFL movies and freely giving them out.I don't steal anything. I record games on my TIVO, the source for all of my video. That is completely legal.

You want people to read Chiefs news?? Then just post your article without a link, quit trying to draw people to WPI.I have no problem doing that, but it's forum policy to post a link. Surely you can understand that.

Smed1065
04-20-2008, 03:34 AM
If U want a war. I can post all "secret man" info. I know how to get it free FF is SWEET- AZZ.

Start it and I will bring it! Tell Nick 5.5 is short even sucking Chiefs dick. (send me $5.00 **** Nicki)

Raiderhater58
04-20-2008, 04:49 AM
I cant believe I read this whole thread