PDA

View Full Version : MU Off to the Mizzou Black and Gold game.

CoMoChief
04-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Just a little FYI, I will tell you what I thought.

I may be completely hammered though when I post next. Just a fair warning to all.

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
It's on ESPNU, for anyone who's interested.

Starts at 1pm.

Sully
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
It's on ESPNU, for anyone who's interested.

Starts at 1pm.

The one channel I don't get on Comcast...

buh...

Frazod
04-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Friggin sucks this channel isn't in HD. :mad:

alanm
04-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Friggin sucks this channel isn't in HD. :mad:At least you get to watch yours. Huskers spring game is just starting. It's on the radio at least. I hear there's over 80,000 in the stands in Lincoln. What's the outlook like in Columbia?
BTW they love football so much in Lawrence that only 7500 showed up despite there being free tickets. :eek:

Archie Bunker
04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Damn Duke vs Army Lacrosse :cuss:

Archie Bunker
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
TD Daniel to Maclin

:D

Stewie
04-19-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm watching on ESPNU and I'm wondering if everything is in slo-mo. No effort at all.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2008, 12:35 PM
The game is great so far on ESPN U. What other schools get their spring game televised nationally? This has been a great advertisement for the program.

Archie Bunker
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Washington is going to be a beast.

alanm
04-19-2008, 02:04 PM
The game is great so far on ESPN U. What other schools get their spring game televised nationally? This has been a great advertisement for the program.
uh..Oklahoma, Florida, Nebraska. Taint no big thing.

kcchiefsus
04-19-2008, 02:05 PM
uh..Oklahoma, Florida, Nebraska. Taint no big thing.

And that's the point exactly. That's a pretty good group to be grouped with for teams' spring games being televised.

But what do taints have to do with this conversation?:hmmm:

alanm
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
And that's the point exactly. That's a pretty good group to be grouped with for teams' spring games being televised.

Nebraska declined to have theirs televised otherwise Missouri probably wouldn't be on. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2008, 02:15 PM
One of my friends went to this today. Picked up a set of washers at 9 am. Crazy f*cking bastard.

eazyb81
04-19-2008, 02:19 PM

I've seen just about every SEC spring game on tv down here in Tennessee. It seems like that's all the show on the CSS channel.

Still, great for the program that there's even interest in showing this game. Hopefully it becomes a regular occurance.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Nebraska declined to have theirs televised otherwise Missouri probably wouldn't be on. :)Yeah, Nebraska declined to finish the season resembling a football squad, so they took a Top 5 team instead.

eazyb81
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Nebraska declined to have theirs televised otherwise Missouri probably wouldn't be on. :)

Yeah, there's a strong demand for televising any game, let alone a spring game, for 5 win football teams.

kcchiefsus
04-19-2008, 02:26 PM

The only reason Nebraska would be televised over Missouri would be because of their history. We certainly know Missouri is much more deserving on the field. Nebraska football is a joke now.

alanm
04-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Congrats on Mizzou setting a spring game attendance record of 26,000.;)

alanm
04-19-2008, 02:29 PM
The only reason Nebraska would be televised over Missouri would be because of their history. We certainly know Missouri is much more deserving on the field. Nebraska football is a joke now.We will see.

alanm
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
The only reason Nebraska would be televised over Missouri would be because of their history. We certainly know Missouri is much more deserving on the field. Nebraska football is a joke now.
Missouri football. A Tradition of 1 Year. :D

CoMoChief
04-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Well I got back and they looked pretty good on offense. The defense will not be good however.

Great game analysis by me I think. I need to work for ESPN.

alanm
04-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Well I got back and they looked pretty good on offense. The defense will not be good however.

Trust me, You can't take anything away from spring games. :shake:

Skip Towne
04-19-2008, 04:40 PM

You need to work for WPI

Sam Hall
04-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Nathan Scheelhaase was in the house in Lincoln - not Columbia.

eazyb81
04-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Daniel: 8-9, 97 yards, TD

D-Wash: 42 rushing yards, TD

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Spring Game on ESPN U again tonight.

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Nathan Scheelhaase was in the house in Lincoln - not Columbia.I can't blame him; he'll have 2 Elite 11 QBs in front of him in Columbia (Gabbert & Dalton). He probably doesn't like competition.

DaKCMan AP
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM

The difference is that Florida's game was on ESPN, not ESPNU and College Gameday was broadcast live from the field before the game. :D

Spott
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I bet it must suck to live in f*cking Nebraska.

kcchiefsus
04-21-2008, 10:00 PM

I completely disagree about the defense, regardless of how the Spring Game went. The defense was one of the most underrated in the big 12 the second half of last season and they really haven't lost much. Lorenzo Williams, Pig Brown, and a corner are the only losses that i am aware of. But they get another year of experience from their current players and guys like Michael Keck ready to step up and contribute.

I think Missouri's defense will be one of the best in the big 12 this year. Add that to a great offense and we could have something special.

Frazod
04-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I completely disagree about the defense, regardless of how the Spring Game went. The defense was one of the most underrated in the big 12 the second half of last season and they really haven't lost much. Lorenzo Williams, Pig Brown, and a corner are the only losses that i am aware of. But they get another year of experience from their current players and guys like Michael Keck ready to step up and contribute.

I think Missouri's defense will be one of the best in the big 12 this year. Add that to a great offense and we could have something special.

We had something special last year - this year should be even better. And since those frauds from Lawrence have a real schedule this year, I'm thinking they will NOT be a factor.

Time to crush the Gooners and take the Big XII.

buddha
04-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Nebraska fans...will you ever be able to get over the fact that KANSAS hung 70 points on your blackshirts in one game? Are you kidding me? Now, Reesing is a nice little QB, but 70 points??? Holy shit!

What's even more amazing...Nebraska scheduled Mizzou to be its homecoming opponent this year. Hey Husker fans, have you ever heard of Iowa State? That's why we have them in the North. Didn't you get the memo? It's going to really suck getting stomped to death by Chase and boys this year...enjoy that homecoming celebration, Husker fans.

We'll be expecting a big round of applause by the Husker faithful when we leave the field after winning by 2+ TDs this year.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 05:34 AM

Mike Keck LMAO

Sam Hall
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I can't blame him; he'll have 2 Elite 11 QBs in front of him in Columbia (Gabbert & Dalton). He probably doesn't like competition.

Then why does he play for Rockhurst?

Sam Hall
04-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Nebraska fans...will you ever be able to get over the fact that KANSAS hung 70 points on your blackshirts in one game? Are you kidding me? Now, Reesing is a nice little QB, but 70 points??? Holy shit!

What's even more amazing...Nebraska scheduled Mizzou to be its homecoming opponent this year. Hey Husker fans, have you ever heard of Iowa State? That's why we have them in the North. Didn't you get the memo? It's going to really suck getting stomped to death by Chase and boys this year...enjoy that homecoming celebration, Husker fans.

We'll be expecting a big round of applause by the Husker faithful when we leave the field after winning by 2+ TDs this year.

Considering that everyone scored on Callahan, and thank God he's gone now, I'd say Nebraska fans have moved on and will give Bo time to build the program. I think Bo would tell you there's a long way to go.

The schedule is done a couple years in advance.

Enjoy your win against a team picked to finish third or fourth in the North.

beer bacon
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Mike Keck LMAO

How was Florida's defense last season?

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
How was Florida's defense last season?

Apparently you don't get the joke about the name 'Mike Keck'. n00b

Swanman
04-22-2008, 09:28 AM
It looks like the top matchup of opening weekend will be the Illinois / Mizzou game. Illinois is borderline top 15 in the preseason and Mizzou could be top 5. Should be a fun game.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 09:40 AM
It looks like the top matchup of opening weekend will be the Illinois / Mizzou game. Illinois is borderline top 15 in the preseason and Mizzou could be top 5. Should be a fun game.

I should look into getting tickets for that.

Swanman
04-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I should look into getting tickets for that.

I'll be getting tickets for it, but I'll be on the other side wearing orange. Last year tickets were real easy to get, as no one really knew how good the two teams were going to be (people knew Mizzou would be pretty good, Illinois not so much). This year both teams are coming off great seasons so it wouldn't surprise me if the EJ Dome sold out.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I'll be getting tickets for it, but I'll be on the other side wearing orange. Last year tickets were real easy to get, as no one really knew how good the two teams were going to be (people knew Mizzou would be pretty good, Illinois not so much). This year both teams are coming off great seasons so it wouldn't surprise me if the EJ Dome sold out.

Do they basically split the stadium in half like the did Arrowhead for the KU/MU game? I expected it to be split by sideline sides, but instead it was split by endzones (east half Missouri, west half Kansas).

As for the price, I figure if I get tickets early it shouldn't be too bad. If the Cards are in town, I could get baseball tickets for Sunday and make a weekend of it.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 09:54 AM

That's a nice opener. Other good opening week matchups are Tennessee/UCLA, Alabama/Clemson and USC/Virginia.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 10:03 AM
That's a nice opener. Other good opening week matchups are Tennessee/UCLA, Alabama/Clemson and USC/Virginia.

It was a helluva game last year. The defense played like crap. It took a saving interception at the goal line right at the end of the game to preserve the win for MU. I expect this year's defense to much better.

Swanman
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Do they basically split the stadium in half like the did Arrowhead for the KU/MU game? I expected it to be split by sideline sides, but instead it was split by endzones (east half Missouri, west half Kansas).

As for the price, I figure if I get tickets early it shouldn't be too bad. If the Cards are in town, I could get baseball tickets for Sunday and make a weekend of it.

If I remember right, it was by sideline sides, which makes more sense for a football game.

I donate to the Illinois Athletic Department, so I'll just get tickets through the University for face. It's a nice little perk.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
If I remember right, it was by sideline sides, which makes more sense for a football game.

I donate to the Illinois Athletic Department, so I'll just get tickets through the University for face. It's a nice little perk.

Well, I wish you guys the best of luck in every game but that one. :)

Swanman
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
It was a helluva game last year. The defense played like crap. It took a saving interception at the goal line right at the end of the game to preserve the win for MU. I expect this year's defense to much better.

This year Illinois' offense won't be quite as good after losing Mendenhall, although Juice Williams will have one more year of experience and we have a good group of receivers returning. The O-line is talented but pretty young.

The Illinois defense should be improved this year. We've got some beasts on the d-line and return both corners from last year. Zook's recruiting is really starting to pay dividends for our defense (Martez Wilson, Josh Brent, Vontae Davis among others). It's nice to finally have good talent 2-deep at every defensive position, where 3 years ago we didn't even have 1-deep talent.

Frazod
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
This year Illinois' offense won't be quite as good after losing Mendenhall, although Juice Williams will have one more year of experience and we have a good group of receivers returning. The O-line is talented but pretty young.

The Illinois defense should be improved this year. We've got some beasts on the d-line and return both corners from last year. Zook's recruiting is really starting to pay dividends for our defense (Martez Wilson, Josh Brent, Vontae Davis among others). It's nice to finally have good talent 2-deep at every defensive position, where 3 years ago we didn't even have 1-deep talent.

Sure would be nice to see you punk the Suckeyes again. LMAO

Swanman
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Sure would be nice to see you punk the Suckeyes again. LMAO

We have them at home this year in the 2nd to last game of the season. Many are saying it could be the game that decides the Big 10. Illinois has a tough road, though, with road games at Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan. This year we could very well have a better team than last year but a worse record.

Pitt Gorilla
04-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Game on ESPNU again. Enjoy!