PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Jared gets traded, then Tony deserves too as well

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
It pains me to say it. I hoped to see the man play his entire career in a Chiefs jersey. However, if we're willing to get rid of our 26 yr old whiner, then we need to give someone with the class, and dignity that 88 has always had an opportunity to get the one thing his career is missing. A ring. I don't care about compensation, as much as possible, but trade him to the Patriots. He deserves it.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 05:57 PM
If he was more about winning than money he should have left last offseason when he had the chance...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2008, 05:58 PM
If he was more about winning than money he should have left last offseason when he had the chance...

Seriously? He couldn't have gotten more money? Of course he could. He WANTED to be here. He ALWAYS has.

Mecca
04-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The Chiefs gave Gonzalez more money then a contending team would have on the open market, a TE no matter how good is not a core position...

He chose staying here and taking the huge payday he could have gone to a really good team they wouldn't have paid him as much money though.

chiefs1111
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
even if the chiefs wanted to trade him,it would be difficult with the contract he has now.

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
It pains me to say it. I hoped to see the man play his entire career in a Chiefs jersey. However, if we're willing to get rid of our 26 yr old whiner, then we need to give someone with the class, and dignity that 88 has always had an opportunity to get the one thing his career is missing. A ring. I don't care about compensation, as much as possible, but trade him to the Patriots. He deserves it.

I said the same thing on the Donx BB a few days ago.

I figure he'd be a perfect fit for the Packers.

And it mght give me a reason to bother watching the super bowl this year if Gonzo is up there next to Brady...:grr:

Rausch
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
even if the chiefs wanted to trade him,it would be difficult with the contract he has now.

Impossible.

It's exactly why he's kept his mouth shut. You know that gutting this team and starting from 0 has to kill the guy. All he's ever wanted was to win. Every now and again he'll let out some grumbling once he's sure the boat is sinking...

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Can we PLEASE stop this BS?

Gonzo and LJ are UNTRADEABLE. STOP posting it.

Bowser
04-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I wonder if Tony advised Jared to get the **** out while he can?

blueballs
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Staying in one place may be a big deal to him
you know he and Donnie Edwards have talked about it

ChiefaRoo
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM

"Deserving ain't got nothing to do with it"

Rausch
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
I wonder if Tony advised Jared to get the **** out while he can?

I'd bet on it.

I don't have any inside info or sources but every time I go to some signing or appearance the former players ****ing hate Peterson with a passion. And every time they have a story behind it they can't wait to tell.

Dan Saleamua shot off and Okoye sat quitely. Dan didn't have a comment, he unloaded on me for a smartass comment (shocker) and emptied like 20 years of Carl hate. Then he smiled and pimped Okoye's supplements. He wasn't being mean you could just tell it was something he wanted to say.

I hate Neil Smith (and anything he says is wasted on me) but he and a recent DL were at a bar and even that douche hated Carl.

I've met many people (who's word I question) who all have the same type of story with different names.

Carl is horrible with people. He's manipulative and is willing to do what he thinks he needs to for his job. In short, he's a 20 year old college guy milking the 18 year old high school girl who doens't know any better, and that's what he likes dealing with.

Twisted as it is it's exactly why I belive this rebuild will get a solid footing. I just hope that after this Carl/Herm contract is up there's a new regime...

88TG88
04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Seeing TG in a pats uni is sacrilege.

Hammock Parties
04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd bet on it.

I don't have any inside info or sources but every time I go to some signing or appearance the former players ****ing hate Peterson with a passion. And every time they have a story behind it they can't wait to tell.

Dan Saleamua shot off and Okoye sat quitely. Dan didn't have a comment, he unloaded on me for a smartass comment (shocker) and emptied like 20 years of Carl hate. Then he smiled and pimped Okoye's supplements. He wasn't being mean you could just tell it was something he wanted to say.

I hate Neil Smith (and anything he says is wasted on me) but he and a recent DL were at a bar and even that douche hated Carl.

I've met many people (who's word I question) who all have the same type of story with different names.

Carl is horrible with people. He's manipulative and is willing to do what he thinks he needs to for his job. In short, he's a 20 year old college guy milking the 18 year old high school girl who doens't know any better, and that's what he likes dealing with.

Twisted as it is it's exactly why I belive this rebuild will get a solid footing. I just hope that after this Carl/Herm contract is up there's a new regime...

Of course 20 years of the Hunt's money reinforcing his behavior doesn't help...

What's weird is Carl was nice as hell to me.

blueballs
04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Did he ask you
If you've seen a grown man nakked

Rausch
04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Of course 20 years of the Hunt's money reinforcing his behavior doesn't help...

What's weird is Carl was nice as hell to me.

Perhaps it takes a twisted manipulative **** to know one...and like him.

MadMax
04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Did he ask you
If you've seen a grown man nakked

Maybe he was already nakked and left a bad taste in his mouth?:shrug:

Delano
04-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Heh. IIRC Carl manipulated PRESIDENT BUSH to do some bullshit on Hard Knocks.

ChiefaRoo
04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Heh. IIRC Carl manipulated PRESIDENT BUSH to do some bullshit on Hard Knocks.

Bush should have Carl liquidated. Make it look like a heart attack. It's the least he can do before leaving office.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Like the Vietnamese whore said to Eight Ball, "Too beaucoup."

KcMizzou
04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Heh. IIRC Carl manipulated PRESIDENT BUSH to do some bullshit on Hard Knocks.By all accounts, it's not that tough to outsmart that guy.

milkman
04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Flop, Flop, Flop.

Even if the Chiefs wanted to trade TG, his bonus would accelerate to the cap.

Didn't you learn anything from me when you were growing up?

BigRedChief
04-19-2008, 10:48 PM

Don't you ralize that Tony G knew he would never play for another team when he signed the new contract? Why? The cap hit. All SB money becomes immediately due if he's traded. Hence he will never be traded.

I love Tony G but he made his bed and now he must lie in it. The Chiefs don't have to mortgage our future cap because Tony G has been a good player and a good community pardner. That we owe him a chance at a title. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1162125--><!-- THE POST -->

BIG K
04-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Flop, Flop, Flop.

Even if the Chiefs wanted to trade TG, his bonus would accelerate to the cap.

Didn't you learn anything from me when you were growing up?

You as a father introduced him to the Chief's knowing full well the pain and heartache that he would endure, then you chastise him for attempting to make things better? I too entertained the idea of trading TG for several years now, cept for the latest deal that would indeed pound the Chiefs on cap.

If not for that, I say trade every ******* player that would garner us multiple picks. Why not? EVEN if, the front office hits on every single player on the draft, we are a couple of years away...

I believe Mr. Flopnuts had a great idea in principal. Back off old man!:)

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I didn't even ponder the contract. I'M UPSET DAMMIT!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :cuss: