PDA

View Full Version : Computers Bluetooth wonkiness

Baby Lee
04-19-2008, 07:40 PM
This isn't a pressing matter, as I presently have a working rig, but I've been having some wonkiness with my Rocketfish Keyboard/Mouse combo.

A little while back I had a problem where the software would say it found the mouse [and the mouse would simultaneously stop blinking, which it did when it was 'letting itself be found'], but when asked to 'click to pair' the mouse wouldn't control the cursor [or do anything]. Basically, it looked the mouse, the BT dongle and the software all THOUGHT they were communicating, but they weren't.

When I couldn't get it to work after a bit of phumphering on it, I took it back for an exchange. The exchange worked great right out of the box [though I was meticulous to follow every jot and tittle of the instruction manual to be sure].

Now, in the past week, I've had a couple of instances where the keyboard's not being recognized. You go into My Bluetooth Places, it says that the connection is good and working, then you go to the properties and there's no signal, not weak signal, not fuzzy, or missing, just grayed out signal properties.
You ask it to search for devices and it finds the keyboard, and in this case even lets me enter the # 'pairing code' and ENTER from said keyboard, then you go back and the keyboard does nothing and the signal is grayed again. Try again, it just might work.

Before you say batteries, it's not. They're new, it pairs, BT finds it, and like I said I'm using it right now.

The one thing I brainstormed was the device manager, and there's what appears to be a heckuva lot more HIDs [Human Interface Devices] than needed. Theres;

1 BT remote control
2 BT Virtual HID Devices
8 BT HID compliant consumer control devices
1 BT HID compliant device, and
2 USB Human Interface Device

Then under mouse and keyboard respectively;
2- HID compliant mouse
3 - HID Keyboard device

Thing is, I've experimented on the mouse side, as it's the one that never loses connection, and uninstalling either HID compliant mouse in device manager cuts the mouse off.

Like I said, not a big deal right this exact moment, but if anyone is an expert in this area with some insight, thanks in advance for taking the time.

Baby Lee
04-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh, and the only other things I have communicating with the BT dongle on my PC is my V3M Razr and my BT350 earpiece.