PDA

View Full Version : The possibilities with Gholston at 5.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Honestly. If we have to chuck Allen's ass, so be it. If we can get three picks for the sorry cocksucker, then we conceivably get Gholston or Sed Ellis at 5, and possibly Chris Williams at 17. That's a gat damn good first round. Then, if a guy like Groves, Balmer, or even Cherilus was there at our second rounder, we would have done a hell of a job upgrading both lines.

A pass-rushing line of Gholston, Groves, Hali and McBride would be sick on third downs. Sick.

Getting a guy like Chris Williams at 17 could solidify the LT position for a long, long time, and with two third rounders, the Chiefs could conceivably get two CBs in rounds 3 and take care of that "need".

Provided we move Allen for a 1st, 3rd, and another 2nd in '09, here's what I think could be a great draft for us.

1a--Ellis/Gholston
1b.--Williams
2.Groves/Cherilus/Balmer/Hardy
3a. Godfrey/Nicks
3b. Flowers/Manningham
4. Pollack/Zuttah
5a. Tyvon Branch
5b. Kerry Brown
6a. Wesley Woodyard
6b. Brian Johnston
7a. Jalen Parmele
7b. Lance Leggett

KCUnited
04-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd personally take Ellis. I think 3-4 teams are going to get the most value for Gholston. Definitely love Williams at 17 though.

The Franchise
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd rather go with Ellis over Gholston.

the Talking Can
04-21-2008, 01:59 PM
love Williams at 17 a lot more than Clady at 5

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
love Williams at 17 a lot more than Clady at 5

Hell, I love Williams at FIVE at lot more than Clady at five.

SBK
04-21-2008, 02:02 PM

LMAO

eazyb81
04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Gholston is very intriguing, but I don't think Gunther is creative enough to use him the right way.

I think a team like San Diego or New England would just make him beastly like Merriman, but we'll just stubbornly glue him in at RDE and not let him move around.

eazyb81
04-21-2008, 02:04 PM

Yeah, I'm almost more excited about getting Williams at 17 then any of the picks at 5.

I think we're guaranteed to get a stud at 5 if we don't screw up, but getting a left tackle like Williams at 17 will be gold for this franchise.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Gholston is very intriguing, but I don't think Gunther is creative enough to use him the right way.

I think a team like San Diego or New England would just make him beastly like Merriman, but we'll just stubbornly glue him in at RDE and not let him move around.

I'm glad that its at least being mentioned that Herm really likes Gholston.

I could see the Patriots jumping ahead of the Jets to stick it to Mangini the Snitch if he's there and McFadden is gone.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Gholston in a cover 2 would resemble John Abraham with the Jets...

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Gholston in a cover 2 would resemble John Abraham with the Jets...

Boy, that would really suck.

Mecca
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
You're gonna see how this team thinks because there is 100% chance of them choosing between a legit good #5 value pick and reaching on an OT....

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 04:10 PM
You're gonna see how this team thinks because there is 100% chance of them choosing between a legit good #5 value pick and reaching on an OT....

I told a buddy of mine while playing golf yesterday that we're gonna pass on Gholston and Ellis and take Ryan.

I know it sounds naive, but I really doubt that they reach.

They're going to end up with one of the following:

J. Long
C. Long
Dorsey
Ellis
Ryan
Gholston

Mecca
04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Everyone sure seems convinced the Chiefs will reach on a OT, we'll see, I'm still not that confident with their past.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Everyone sure seems convinced the Chiefs will reach on a OT, we'll see, I'm still not that confident with their past.

Normally, I'd say wait and see what Gosselin's final mock looks like, but last year he was WAY off for us, thinking Amobi Okoye would fall to 23.

He had Bowe going to Tennessee.

the Talking Can
04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
drafting Clady is the only way we can f this up....which means we're in trouble

eazyb81
04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
drafting Clady is the only way we can f this up....which means we're in trouble

I'd say drafting Albert would be worse. He would be the highest paid OG in the league before playing one down.

CupidStunt
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
The Chiefs aren't going to reach. They'll take their best available player. That much is CLEAR if you follow the team.

The question is how much their board differs from an internet tool like "Mecca."

the Talking Can
04-21-2008, 05:34 PM
I'd say drafting Albert would be worse. He would be the highest paid OG in the league before playing one down.

well him too....but honestly, if we're going to f it up, I'd rather have Albert than Clady...at least Albert was truly dominating at his position in a BCS conference...

gta0012
04-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Edwards DOESN'T Reach!!! And he won't this draft

melbar
04-21-2008, 08:23 PM

Seeing the contracts that have been dished out this offseason, I highly doubt that.

OnTheWarpath15
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Seeing the contracts that have been dished out this offseason, I highly doubt that.

If the Chiefs WERE to pick Albert at 5, I guarantee - it wouldn't be to play guard.

noa
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I think its pretty obvious that the Chiefs are trying hard to send out the message that we are seriously considering Albert or Clady. Even Gosselin is falling for it. So I think it is a real, unified effort by management.
But I don't buy it at all.
If you think Herm isn't salivating over getting an elite defensive player, or that Carl doesn't want to finally nab that franchise QB or OLinemen, then that's crazy.
We are guaranteed to have a high ranking, immediate impact player if we stick to those top 5 or 6 players.
I don't think Herm or Carl are willing to risk reaching for a player on a hunch that he might be better than the people commonly acknowledged to be the best in the draft. It would be a move they could ill afford to make with the team in this state.

Plus, before we got this close to the draft, you remember how much the organization was saying that we could get a quality OL guy in the 2nd round? And now all of the sudden, the draft approaches, and we somehow forgot that? I think its just a ploy so other teams don't know who we really want.

melbar
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE='Hamas' Jenkins;4698269]Honestly. If we have to chuck Allen's ass, so be it. If we can get three picks for the sorry cocksucker, then we conceivably get Gholston or Sed Ellis at 5, and possibly Chris Williams at 17. That's a gat damn good first round. Then, if a guy like Groves, Balmer, or even Cherilus was there at our second rounder, we would have done a hell of a job upgrading both lines.

A pass-rushing line of Gholston, Groves, Hali and McBride would be sick on third downs. Sick.

Who needs to stop the run or have players show up every game?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE='Hamas' Jenkins;4698269]Honestly. If we have to chuck Allen's ass, so be it. If we can get three picks for the sorry one who sucks the penis, then we conceivably get Gholston or Sed Ellis at 5, and possibly Chris Williams at 17. That's a gat damn good first round. Then, if a guy like Groves, Balmer, or even Cherilus was there at our second rounder, we would have done a hell of a job upgrading both lines.

Who needs to stop the run or have players show up every game?

It's a multi-year rebuild. Gholston, Hali, McBride, and Tyler wouldn't be appreciably worse against the run than would Boone, Allen, Hali, and Tyler/McBride.

melbar
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
If the Chiefs WERE to pick Albert at 5, I guarantee - it wouldn't be to play guard.

True that.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I think its pretty obvious that the Chiefs are trying hard to send out the message that we are seriously considering Albert or Clady. Even Gosselin is falling for it. So I think it is a real, unified effort by management.
But I don't buy it at all.
If you think Herm isn't salivating over getting an elite defensive player, or that Carl doesn't want to finally nab that franchise QB or OLinemen, then that's crazy.
We are guaranteed to have a high ranking, immediate impact player if we stick to those top 5 or 6 players.
I don't think Herm or Carl are willing to risk reaching for a player on a hunch that he might be better than the people commonly acknowledged to be the best in the draft. It would be a move they could ill afford to make with the team in this state.

Plus, before we got this close to the draft, you remember how much the organization was saying that we could get a quality OL guy in the 2nd round? And now all of the sudden, the draft approaches, and we somehow forgot that? I think its just a ploy so other teams don't know who we really want.SSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhh.:D Don't let the word out.

I absolutely agree with you.

melbar
04-21-2008, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=melbar;4698995]

It's a multi-year rebuild. Gholston, Hali, McBride, and Tyler wouldn't be appreciably worse against the run than would Boone, Allen, Hali, and Tyler/McBride.

Allen gives it every play every game. He also plays the run well. Gholston is better suited for the 3-4 and disappears in games he should dominate. He wont be nearly as effective as an end in the 4-3 against NFL competition.