PDA

View Full Version : Money Any investors subscribe to motley fool's "hidden gems"?

B_Ambuehl
04-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Does anyone subscribe to this newsletter? I know most of these are way overhyped but I've always heard good things about Motley Fool. I got this email today and it sounds pretty intriguing.

SPECIAL REPORT

The trusted resource The Economist calls "an ethical oasis" invites you to meet oil's hidden millionaires and to discover...

Why the coming $5 gas can be the best news you hear this year...
In the time it took gas prices to shoot from $1.50 to $3, a group of forward- thinking investors got 1,291% richer. These are oil's hidden millionaires.
In the next few minutes, you'll see how you can join them for oil's next big run -- if you act now, while the threat of recession holds prices down...

Good Day Fellow Investor,

Imagine turning the tables so that soaring gas prices would make you a fortune, instead of costing you one...

Well, that's exactly what a group of savvy investors has done, and is about to do again...

I call them oil's hidden millionaires.

They aren't Saudi princes. They don't have names like Phillips or Rockefeller. And they didn't inherit oil-rich land in Texas or mineral rights in Oklahoma.

Yet by taking one simple action, they cut themselves in on a HUGE oil and gas fortune...

And in the time it took gas prices to double, every $10,000 they invested turned into $139,000.

How'd they do it? I'm going to show you. Along with how you can join them and claim your fair share of the "recession-proof" wealth that's about to be made as oil prices surge even higher.

But I must warn you... this opportunity won't knock twice. By the time you see this story on CNBC, the money train will be long gone.

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of thinking gas won't hit $5 a gallon...
It's already a fact of life in London, Paris, and Stockholm -- and has been for years.

When $5 gas hits our shores, it can either be the best news you've heard in a decade -- or the worst. And it's likely to happen sooner than you think...

The CEO of Total SA, one of the world's largest oil companies, recently confessed that the world can't increase oil output beyond current levels.
The Wall Street Journal reports that output from the world's existing oil fields is dropping about 4.5% per year and by up to 18% per year at some of the biggest oil fields in the North Sea, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico.
The New York Times reports that many of the world's top oil exporters may have to begin importing oil within a decade to keep up with rising energy demands inside their borders.
Of course, some people - like the OPEC ministers - claim that oil isn't running out. But can we really trust those jokers?

They've got a stranglehold on nearly half the world's oil supply, and are concerned only with maximizing profits and adding to their already obscene wealth.

Just last year they quietly raked in a cool $675 billion - up 10% from the previous year - while we sat back and watched soaring gas prices gobble up our hard-earned cash.

No wonder The Economist says, "OPEC is more likely to worsen a global slowdown by keeping prices high than it is to ease one by allowing them to fall."

And don't forget, a handful of OPEC member nations - including Iran and Venezuela - are openly hostile towards the United States, its economy, and its government.

In fact, as I write you, Venezuela's little big man, Hugo Chavez, is threatening to cut off oil shipments to the U.S. altogether. This from our fourth-largest supplier of oil!

If he does, $5 gas will be here even sooner.

This will end up costing all of us thousands, BUT it could make a few of us millions...
To understand how, let's step back for a minute and assess the current situation...

Demand for oil is soaring worldwide. And the fast-growing economies of China and India, in particular, are putting a huge strain on supply. Meanwhile, that supply is shrinking.

That, in turn, has oil and gas companies desperately scrambling for new oil and gas finds.

Merrill Lynch & Co. Vice President Thomas Petrie told The Wall Street Journal, "People are running hard to find new sources of oil, and that's just to keep even."

And right there is our opportunity!

You see, oil and gas companies can now afford to search for reserves in places that had been considered way too expensive before. And all across the U.S., once-marginal oil and gas fields are becoming virtual cash machines.

But only a handful of highly specialized companies have the state-of-the-art technology, the specialized skills, and the artful know-how needed to locate these profitable gushers.

"With no breaks on the price of oil, plus energy companies' insatiable appetite for exploration, times have seldom been better for service companies that find drillers' bread and butter."

- Investor's Business Daily

And one oil-services company stands head and shoulders above all the rest
When it comes to finding new oil and gas formations where others have failed or where drilling previously proved unprofitable - these are the GO-TO guys!

And now even the U.S. government is adding fuel to the fire.

The Economist confirms, "Opening up land for energy development has been a federal priority since 2001." In Colorado alone, the number of drilling permits granted on federal land has skyrocketed, from 79 in 2006 to nearly 800 in 2007.

That explains why shares of this tiny company shot all the way from $6 past $85 in just the time it took gas prices to double.

At that rate you could have turned $100,000 into $1.4 million in less than five years (or even $3,000 into $42,500). And that's exactly what oil's hidden millionaires did...

And now it's your turn. In just one moment, you can get the name and stock symbol of this company... but first, a couple of things you should know...

A 1,291% gain may be just the beginning for this no-frills business from America's heartland

That's no accident, either.

This company's visionary founder has been waiting for this perfect storm ever since he set up shop in a sleepy, windswept West Texas town back in 1952.

He's been at the helm ever since. Not to mention, he owns nearly $6 million worth of the company's shares.

And now his years of dedication and hard work are really paying off...

For the past three years, revenues have grown at a stunning 55% per-year clip, and I have every reason to believe that this fortune-building growth will continue well into the future...

At a recent oil and gas conference, the company's CEO confirmed that demand for this company's services are at "an all-time high" and that its crews are already fully booked well into 2008.

Intriguing? It's more than that...

But what if oil prices fall and companies slow their search for new onshore fields?

You may think that's a concern, considering some say we'll see $90 or even $80 a barrel in the near future.

But I wouldn't count on it. Even a worldwide recession couldn't drive oil prices that low again. Demand is just too strong. Oil supply peaked long ago. And supplies are shrinking.

What's more, OPEC and other producing nations will cut production before they let prices fall more than a few dollars. In fact, we're more likely to see $120 oil than $80 oil.

But even at $60 per barrel, this company's specialized services will be in high demand. In fact, oil prices would have to be cut nearly in half before this company's awesome revenue pipeline would even begin to slow down.

Why then is this company's stock selling at such a bargain? Ironically, it recently pulled back, along with the rest of the market, on recession worries, even though...

Its business is virtually "recession-proof"
Lots of folks wrongly assume that a recession will cause people to stop buying gas, and that will drive oil prices down.

But remember, billions of people around the world rely on their cars to get them to and from school, work, the grocery store, the doctor, and their kids' soccer practices. And they use oil's cousins, natural gas and heating oil, to heat their homes.

The fact is we are hopelessly addicted to oil and gas, and that addiction won't wane - even in a recession...

"Contrary to popular belief, Americans facing a looming recession should expect little relief in the form of lower gas prices."

- CNNMoney.com

In fact, according to experts cited in the CNNMoney article, even slowing consumer spending and rising unemployment "are unlikely to drastically reduce energy prices" - and the article confirmed, "For 2008, most analysts expect crude to keep rising."

John Kilduff, just one of the many well-respected energy analysts who seconded this opinion, expects oil prices to climb as high as $110 a barrel this year.

That almost seems conservative when you consider global energy demand is expected to rise 2.3% in 2008 as supply shrinks by nearly 5%.

This is the hard reality that so many people are missing - demand is still going up, yet supply is going down!
And that's the reason oil and gas expert Stephen Shorck says, "At this rate, we're going to see $4 a gallon." Probably within weeks. And then we'll see $5 a gallon and even higher.

All of which means energy companies are going to be even more desperate to find new sources of oil and gas.

Now you can see why I'm convinced this is one of the most intriguing investment opportunities today. But you may be wondering, is it too late to get invested in this company?

No. Not at all. In fact, your timing is excellent...

Based on the company's stellar past performance and outstanding future prospects, this stock should be trading through the roof. But the recent credit crisis and recession talk have investors across the board spooked.

Amazingly, this stock has retreated -- right along with all the rest -- handing investors like you an incredible gift.

You seldom find an opportunity like this, but when you do, the profits can be spectacular
In a few seconds, you can get the name and stock symbol of this fast-growing company, but first let me show you what happened to other companies whose share prices pulled back just as its businesses truly began to take off...

I first encountered it with Wal-Mart in the winter of 1987.

At that point, shares of the retail giant had climbed as much as 780% in just five short years.

Most investors thought it was too late to jump on board. But the second the stock pulled back, a handful of savvy investors bought in.

Of course, that was just before Wal-Mart became "America's Superstore" and the stock climbed another 1,774%!

It was the same story with Dell in 1993.

By 1993 personal computers were spreading like wildfire, and those who got in on this dorm-room PC maker's IPO had already grown their money as much as 650%.

But in early 1993 shares of Dell retreated. Most assumed it was the beginning of the end for college dropout Michael Dell's little "computer project."

Wrong. Those who took advantage of this drop in share price made over $1 million for every $10,000 they invested. And in just 5 short years -- as Dell appeared in almost every office and college computer lab across America!

And now, incredibly, we have a similar situation with a great little company in another one of the economy's most profitable and in-demand sectors...

Here's yet another reason this stock could soar higher than almost any other stock in the world's most profitable sector...
A key advantage to getting on board with this company right now is that... Most investors haven't even heard of it.

That probably sounds crazy. But bear with me... and take a look at these companies...

Hansen Natural
Asta Funding
Immucor
Celgene
Apple
Comtech Telecommunications
Daktronics
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Clean Harbors
Innodata Isogen
How many of these companies did you buy, or even know about, 10 years ago? One or two? None?

With the exception of Apple, those are some pretty obscure companies. But believe it or not, they are the 10 top-performing stocks of the last decade.

Over the past 10 years, they earned forward-thinking investors anywhere between a fortune-making 2,893% and an absolutely mind-blowing 19,949%.

Can you guess what they all have in common?

That's right... 10 years ago they were tiny companies very few investors had ever even heard of.

In fact, with the exception of Apple and Celgene, not one of them had a market cap over $75 million.

Asta Funding, a boring little debt collection business from New Jersey, weighed in at a paltry $3.1 million. But every $10,000 invested in it back in 1998 would now be worth $414,047.

And the same amount invested into little-known boutique beverage maker Hansen Natural would be worth an astounding $1,743,043!

Can you imagine? Investing $10,000 and getting back $1.7 million. In just ten years!

The point is: Investing in tiny, unknown companies with great potential can truly change your life. You've just got to know what the mega trend is... who's got the visionary management... and who's in the right place at the right time...

That's why I travel the globe to find companies just like the one I'm recommending today...
And if you've stuck with me this far, you know what I'm saying makes good sense.

So let me make a proper introduction, and show you what else I've got for you in addition to this great little company that just might make you a fortune...

I'm Motley Fool senior analyst Bill Mann, and I've dedicated years of my life to uncovering little-known companies that earn life-changing returns. I call them "Hidden Gems."

Believe me, finding companies like those you just saw is no easy task. My search has taken me everywhere from exploding metropolises like Shanghai and Sao Paulo to idyllic islands like Bermuda.

I've even ended up in all-American towns like Elgin, Illinois. That's where Motley Fool co-founder Tom Gardner found an obscure maker of commercial ovens back in 2003.

After weeks of research, late-night number crunching, and several verifying phone calls, we recommended this company to a tight-knit community of forward-thinking investors - namely, the members of our Motley Fool Hidden Gems service.

So, what happened?

Well, the stock is up 584%. And Hidden Gems members who followed our advice have already turned every $10,000 invested into $68,400 -- in less than five years.

It's the same story with the online jewelry retailer we recommended to these investors in September of 2005. After just two years, our Hidden Gems members were able to lock in a 207% gain.

There are many more: We recommended an obscure maker of nasal strips... an unknown funeral-services company ... and an under-the-radar developer of drugs for rare genetic diseases.

You guessed it... our Hidden Gems members were able to walk away with gains of 235%, 179%, and 207%, respectively.

Here's an idea: Why not join us and get our Hidden Gems recommendations yourself? Why not set yourself up to earn fortune-building returns like these:

Sadia -- Up 131%
Walter Industries -- Up 155%
Nuance Communications -- Up 176%
*Returns as of 3/24/2008
In each case, these Hidden Gems could've more than doubled your money in less than two years, whereas a like amount invested in the S&P 500 would have grown a measly 8%.

In fact, overall our average Hidden Gems pick is up 31% -- versus just 9% for a like amount invested in the S&P.

That's right -- 22% higher returns than the broad market!

So, what's our secret?
It's not what you might think.

We aren't gunslinging traders who chase hot stock tips. We don't rely on supercomputers or fancy algorithms. And we don't have a surefire system for timing the market (all good ways to lose money).

Instead, we just work harder to find tomorrow's biggest stock market winners - the Hidden Gems that will make tomorrow's millionaires.

We pride ourselves on traveling farther, digging deeper, and searching harder than any other analysts out there to find you the market's next blockbuster stock.

And as you can see from our results, our hard work is paying off.

Rather than following fads or flavor-of-the-week stocks, we just play it a lot smarter by seeking out well-managed, conservatively run small companies that are undervalued and unknown by most investors.

In fact, we help our members STEER CLEAR of the flashy, high-risk, low-quality stocks that other advisors recommend, because these almost always end up losing you money.

Let me show you what we look for, and what you can count on getting in the companies we recommend when you become a Motley Fool Hidden Gems member at no risk:

Experienced, shareholder-friendly management
Pristine balance sheets
Visionary founders with MEANINGFUL stakes
A competitive edge
Massive potential for growth
In other words, these are companies that you can buy with confidence and hold on to for years to come... companies that help you build your wealth faster than you ever thought possible... companies exactly like the cutting-edge oil-services firm I am writing you about today.

Companies that could build your investment fortune!

Possibly the most promising of all our Hidden Gems picks
We already recommended this amazing oil-services company to our Hidden Gems members back in December 2005.

Members who invested are already up 114% -- and that's after the recent broad market sell-off.

And now, with the pullback, we're strongly recommending it again. After all, things have never looked better for this company. Not only are they tops in their field but...

Revenue has been growing at a breathtaking 55% clip over the past three years.
Net income has tripled over the same period.
Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) has soared from 8.8% in 2004 to 19.8% last year.
It's just a fantastic company...
Here are a few more compelling reasons to get invested in this company right now...

Top management has been in place for 15 years, and has proven that it puts shareholder interests front and center.
Its visionary founder has been involved in day-to-day operations for the past 55 years and still owns a sizeable stake.
Demand for its services are at an all-time high as exploration companies search for desperately needed new oil and gas formations.
And profits should continue to soar right along with energy prices for many years to come.
By now, you can see why this tiny company has got me so excited ... why I think it has the potential to grow your wealth faster than you ever imagined... and why if you get invested right now, the coming $5 gas could be the best news you've heard in years.

Still, I wouldn't want you to make an investment decision solely on what I've told you here. And that's why I want you to have a complimentary copy of the premium- research report I just finished for Hidden Gems members, "Oil's Hidden Millionaires: How You Can Cash In on $5 Gas."

In this report, you'll get an in-depth look at this company's history, business, and financials, plus the company's name, ticker symbol, and everything you need to make a sound decision. And of course, all this valuable information is presented in plain, easy-to-understand English.

"If you plug in the growth estimates from the analysts who cover [it], the shares should be worth well over $100"
Even if you decide not to invest, you'll want to read this report cover to cover. It may well be the most intriguing opportunity you'll come across this year. But equally important, it will show you the kind of in-depth research we do for the members of our Motley Fool Hidden Gems service...

... The kind of research that can help you become one of the hidden millionaires I was talking about earlier.

This valuable report is yours FREE with my compliments. I'm happy to send it to you. And you can even download the entire report instantly if you like.

In return, all I ask is that you accept something else I think will prove extremely valuable to you in the coming months. It's an invitation to join us at Hidden Gems completely risk-free.

Why accept that?

Because you'll get the benefits of all our hard work, ferreting out tomorrow's biggest stock winners. And all our recommendations. In short, all the Hidden Gems that could build an investment fortune for you.

And again, it's completely risk-free. You can't lose one dime.

When you accept my private invitation today...
Here's what you'll receive...

You'll get prompt access to my brand-new premium report,"Oil's Hidden
Millionaires: How You Can Cash In on $5 Gas," filling you in on the amazing oil-services company we've been discussing today.

You'll also get full access to the Hidden Gems password-protected website, where you can check out our interactive scorecard, revealing the performance of every past and current Hidden Gems pick.

Then, every month you're a Hidden Gems member, you'll receive our Hidden Gems
advisory letter in the mail. I'll even alert you by email the moment it is available online, so you can access it instantly.

You've seen the impressive results we've been getting for our members. And...

Each valuable Hidden Gems issue reveals, not one but two TOP undiscovered, undervalued stocks my team and I believe are poised to CRUSH the S&P 500 over the next three years.

These are companies we believe will create a new generation of hidden millionaires...

Of course, all the important reasons for our recommendation will be included, so you'll get everything you need to make sound investment decisions.

You also get access to 1) the official Hidden Gems watch list, 2) our Tiny Gems picks --featuring higher-risk, higher-reward micro-cap stocks, and 3) a list of our top 10 recommendations for your new money right now...

Plus, when you join our Hidden Gems community without risk today, you'll also receive these features, benefits, and bonuses that are sure to make you a more successful investor:

FREE! Hidden Gems Weekly -- Get the latest news on our Hidden Gems recommendations straight from the research pit, so you'll always know exactly where our recommendations sit and where they're headed next.
FREE! All Back Issues -- Every back issue of the newsletter is archived on the site, so you can read every recommendation we've ever published. This will allow you to learn the ins and outs of our time-tested investment strategy so you can make future investments with 100% confidence.
FREE! Unlimited access to Your Password-Protected Website -- Where you'll get the all information and research needed to make you a more successful investor. Plus, full access to our discussion boards, where you can swap investment ideas with other top-notch individual investors.
Costs less per week than a single cup of good coffee
Okay, let's talk price, which really isn't much of an issue, considering the kind of fortune-building results we've been getting for our members...

Middleby -- Up 584%
Ctrip.com -- Up 262%
Rofin-Sinar -- Up 194%
Returns as of 3/24/2008
With results like these, you'd probably expect to pay thousands of dollars per year. Plenty of investors do... and get far less. But you can forget about that...

When you accept my private invitation today, your Hidden Gems one-year membership is just $149.

Surprised? Sure. That's just $3.82 per week. Less than you'd pay for a Starbucks Grande Latte - or what you'll soon have to pay for a single gallon of gasoline.

And of course my invitation includes the valuable report on the oil-services company we've been discussing today, everything promised above, and a 30-day 100% Money-Back Guarantee!

Yes, take a whole month to decide if Hidden Gems is right for you...
As my personal guest, I want you to take full advantage of everything Hidden Gems has to offer WITHOUT ANY RISK WHATSOEVER.

During your first 30 days, if you agree that Hidden Gems is making you money and helping you become a far more successful investor, simply do nothing. I'll send you a new issue each month for the year.

BUT... if for any reason, you decide Hidden Gems isn't right for you, I will gladly refund ALL your money, up to the last day of your first full month.

In fact, all you have to do is call Andy in our customer service department. He works right down the hall from me and will be happy to give you a PROMPT and COURTEOUS refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

That's right... you risk nothing, not one dime!

Of course, everything you find and use on the Motley Fool Hidden Gems members-only website is yours to keep - including all of our current and past stock recommendations. Plus the valuable report "Oil's Hidden Millionaires: How You Can Cash In on $5 Gas," detailing the oil-services company that could help you become one of oil's newest hidden millionaires - all this is YOURS TO KEEP.

That's our gift to you... just for taking a look at our Motley Fool Hidden Gems service to see if it might make you 5, 10, even 13 times richer as gas goes to $5 a gallon and beyond!

And here's more good news...

When you join us right now through this private invitation, I'll send you a second report -- also FREE!
You've already heard about the amazing oil-services company I think could grow your wealth faster than any other in the oil sector.

Now, let me tell you about another little company taking the dining world by storm.

We first recommended this up-and-coming casual dining chain in July 2004 (think McDonald's, Wendy's, or Starbucks, back in the day).

At the time, you could have bought it for $12.83. The very next month, we recommended the same stock again. This time, you would have paid $14.50.

Now, you'll pay almost twice that much. But it's still a bargain...

Recently I traveled to meet with the company's CEO. Suffice it to say that everything I learned on that trip affirmed our belief that the stock could easily double again.

In fact, this brash company shares many of the traits of Starbucks back in 1992 -- before it went on to earn investors 3,445% in 15 years, turning every $10,000 invested into $354,000.

And amazingly -- just like with Starbucks in 1992 -- there is no nationally branded competition to speak of. Only a handful of local mom-and-pop operators.

This is another of our most-promising Hidden Gems. And you'll get all the facts you need in our report "The ONE Stock You Can't Afford to Miss This Year."

In fact, you'll discover that our latest models predict that if this franchise hits its earnings growth targets, investors who get on board now could earn in excess of 42% annualized returns over the next five years -- that's nearly a five-bagger in just five years.

It's a great opportunity right now. And here's how we'll make certain you don't miss out...

Simply click the "Start Now" button below. And you'll get both "Oil's Hidden Millionaires: How You Can Cash In on $5 Gas" and a full write-up of our other "highest-rated" stock -- "The ONE Stock You Can't Afford to Miss This Year."

You can download both reports the instant you agree to give Hidden Gems a try - risk free. Of course, at just $3.82 per week, your membership could prove to be the most valuable investment you ever make...

Many of our Hidden Gems members think so... Like this longtime subscriber from Melrose Park, Illinois, who writes...

"I can't believe I shelled out so little to gain so much in such a short period of time. My investment in Hidden Gems has me at a '68-bagger' in relation to the cost to join!"

Or like J.M., from Santa Rosa, California, who recently re-upped for two years and declares... "I have made multiples of my sign-up fee."

And hundreds of Hidden Gems members recently paid hundreds of dollars up front to lock in their Hidden Gems membership for a 5-year commitment - that's how valuable they think the service is!

I can't promise you 68 times your investment. But when you think back on the examples we've discussed today and consider the potential profits that await you... well, you can see that NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT!

Especially when you consider that the risk is all mine.

All three valuable reports are yours the instant you accept this invitation to start profiting from Hidden Gems risk-free today. Simply enjoy, evaluate, and profit from Hidden Gems for a full month. Keep it coming if you love it. Cancel for a full refund if you don't!

BUT HURRY!

This may be your last chance to claim a share of the oil and gas bonanza
Oil's wealth-building power is truly incredible. Unfortunately, very few people will ever get a chance to take advantage of it.

But remember, a handful of investors -- very much like you -- have already watched their wealth soar 1,291%. They simply had the foresight to act on a mega trend...

And now you can join them before the oil and gas juggernaut takes off again.

But please remember, as with all life-changing investment opportunities, time is of the essence. Profit opportunities like this don't last!

You're just one click and mere seconds away from getting started.

All you have to do is click the big "Start Now" button to the right. Do it now. I look forward to hearing from you today!

Regards,

Bill Mann
Senior Investment Advisor, Motley Fool Hidden Gems

PS: The revolutionary oil-services stock we've just discussed has tremendous upside potential, but in order to maximize your gains, you must get invested before gas prices climb any further and before the Wall Street herd begins to catch on.

PPS: All gifts are yours to keep even if you cancel. Some of my colleagues thought I was crazy to offer so many bonuses even if people ask for their money back. But once they see the difference Motley Fool Hidden Gems can make, they don't know how they invested without it.

PPPS: Earlier, I promised you a prompt-action bonus. When you respond to this special invitation, I'll also rush you an electronic copy of the report, "Stocks 2008: The Investor's Guide to the Year Ahead," highlighting 11 top stocks handpicked by a team of the nation's top equity analysts. This premium research document sells online for $69, but is yours absolutely FREE when you join us at Hidden Gems through this limited-time invitation.

Stewie
04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
If they know how to make millions why do they bother telling you about it? Oh, yeah, $69 x 15,000 subscribers gets you pretty close.

jspchief
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Cliff notes please?

Reading all that is a little more than I'm willing to work for my millions.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I just signed up for the free trial of that issue yesterday - I know a couple of people who swear by it but it's a lot for a year's subscription

Bootlegged
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM
This weeks trades;

Buy,

MOO
V
ICO
MSFT (before Wed)

xbarretx
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
This weeks trades;

Buy,

MOO
V
ICO
MSFT (before Wed)

planning on shorting ICO on Thurs after the earning announcment?

Bootlegged
04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
planning on shorting ICO on Thurs after the earning announcment?

Nope - depends on how the run-up goes.....but probably good long play.

B_Ambuehl
04-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I just signed up for the free trial of that issue yesterday - I know a couple of people who swear by it but it's a lot for a year's subscription

Cool. Do you know what stock are they're referring to in that pitch?

ChiefsFan4Life
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Cool. Do you know what stock are they're referring to in that pitch?

They've got sells on:

Select Comfort (Nasdaq: SCSS)
Stanley Furniture (Nasdaq: STLY)
Neenah Paper (NYSE: NP)
Flamel Technologies (Nasdaq: FLML)

and buys on:

Best opportunity:
HURC

First team:
HTHR
MIDD
VLCM
BWLD
BBBB
ZUMZ

Second team:
SNHY
COLM
VTIV
ARP
HERO
LNDC
IIVI
CTRP
ATU

xbarretx
04-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Nope - depends on how the run-up goes.....but probably good long play.

considering the oil bubble has yet to burst and the beginning to clean coal emphasis as we begin to move off oil (in small amounts...not over night and not 100%) whats the 5 year estimate on it? given energy and its current price are you thinking its at least a 3 bagger? i only ask b/c i invest in stocks ususally below 10 bucks and then hold long term for my gains to come in. so i like its price so far, thanks regardless for the tip!

my tip for long term is Sprint (S) its dirt cheap at this price!

eazyb81
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't subscribe to this newletter, but I do like perusing Motley Fool to get their take on certain stocks I am considering. I enjoy their insight along with Smart Money and Seeking Alpha.

Anyone currently looking at some solar plays? I got in on SunPower a couple weeks ago and it has paid off well.

Bootlegged
04-22-2008, 09:44 AM
IPI is rocketing today - could be the next $150 ag play

OldRaidersFan
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Watson, the clues are useally always in those spamamails.

I went to Yahoo! and typed in:

>Oil and gas "West Texas" founded 1952 ticker

If you look at the second and third results, you have your answer.

Sometimes I like to do a little detective work, and nothing beats hitting the virtual pavement.

Sherlock Holmes
221B Baker Street

Fairplay
05-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Thats funny i bought FLML 4 years ago or so, it dogged around and i sold it a year later. I read where it had good products coming down the pipeline, pharmaceutical type products. It just stalled so i dumped it and moved on.

I don't keep up with that stock anymore.

Fairplay
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
IPI is rocketing today - could be the next $150 ag play

Possibly, i don't that much about the company. I have been watching a similar company POT

Check out its one year chart. 72 dollars to 203

Rain Man
05-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I owned Dell stock in 1992 when no one had ever heard of it. (I was living in Austin, and it was a local company.) I doubled my money in a year and sold it. Then I bought it again, and doubled my money again, and sold it. Made a cool $2,000 off of it.

Of course, if I had just kept it, it'd be worth a half million or so. I don't like to talk about it.

OldRaidersFan
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Anybody come up with the answer???? I am dissapointed if you don't have it.

B_Ambuehl
05-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Dawson Geophysical - DWSN