PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Text messaging service?

ChiefsFan4Life
04-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Anyone know of a service that will send a text telling me who the Chiefs drafted in every round? I will be unable to watch but still want to follow in a way.

DenverChief
04-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Anyone know of a service that will send a text telling me who the Chiefs drafted in every round? I will be unable to watch but still want to follow in a way.

I take it you don't have internet on your phone?

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 06:22 AM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080421103929AAKmu3j

ChiefsFan4Life
04-22-2008, 06:22 AM
I take it you don't have internet on your phone?

I do, but I'm trying to avoid a situation in which I am continuously logging in and checking on status because I won't be able to (I will be driving) and don't want to get charged for all the times I check and it's not on their pick.

A text message would be so much easier

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 06:26 AM
I do, but I'm trying to avoid a situation in which I am continuously logging in and checking on status because I won't be able to (I will be driving) and don't want to get charged for all the times I check and it's not on their pick.

A text message would be so much easier

If you're going to be driving you should be able to find sports radio on AM.

DenverChief
04-22-2008, 06:28 AM

or he could post his phone number and we could all text him at the same time that way he could experience the planet meltdown on his phone

ChiefsFan4Life
04-22-2008, 06:29 AM

Oh, I had no idea it would be on the radio, I'll have to see if I can find the station

ohiochiefs@browns
04-22-2008, 06:32 AM
If you're going to be driving you should be able to find sports radio on AM.espn radio will be covering the draft .not sure wat the station is where your at, 1410 here in ohio,espn.com ESPNRadio.com (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/index)

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Oh, I had no idea it would be on the radio, I'll have to see if I can find the station

See if there's ESPN radio in your area, otherwise try to find a local sports radio station.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/map

DenverChief
04-22-2008, 06:37 AM
It was supposed to be funny people....jeesh get some coffee will ya?

Mr. Plow
04-22-2008, 07:51 AM
or he could post his phone number and we could all text him at the same time that way he could experience the planet meltdown on his phone

Imagine that text messaging bill at the end of the month.

Mile High Mania
04-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I would imagine that you could be nearly anywhere on draft day and somehwere on the AM dial... you'll find draft coverage.

xbarretx
04-22-2008, 08:18 AM

if you have Sprint get NFL Mobile. I have it and like it

Sprint to Provide Mobile Broadcast of NFL Draft

Football fans eager to watch the annual NFL Draft next weekend but unable to be near a TV are in luck, as Sprint subscribers will be able to follow the entire draft through the NFL Mobile service. This is the second year the league and Sprint have teamed up on the service.

With the service, which is available free to Vision and Power Vision subscribers, users will be able to watch the NFL Network’s coverage of the draft, as well as view a tracker of all the picks. They will also be able to view interviewers with players and coaches.

The draft will be held April 28 and 29, but subscribers can also follow preview content up until then.

The two-day, all-day NFL Draft event is traditionally held on the last weekend of April, and has become a major, high-rated phenomenon in recent years. Last year, when ESPN took a poll of its viewers asking if they were most excited about the baseball regular season, hockey playoffs, basketball playoffs, or NFL draft; the draft won with over 60 percent of the vote.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
if you have Sprint get NFL Mobile. I have it and like it

Sprint to Provide Mobile Broadcast of NFL Draft

Football fans eager to watch the annual NFL Draft next weekend but unable to be near a TV are in luck, as Sprint subscribers will be able to follow the entire draft through the NFL Mobile service. This is the second year the league and Sprint have teamed up on the service.

With the service, which is available free to Vision and Power Vision subscribers, users will be able to watch the NFL Network’s coverage of the draft, as well as view a tracker of all the picks. They will also be able to view interviewers with players and coaches.

The draft will be held April 28 and 29, but subscribers can also follow preview content up until then.

The two-day, all-day NFL Draft event is traditionally held on the last weekend of April, and has become a major, high-rated phenomenon in recent years. Last year, when ESPN took a poll of its viewers asking if they were most excited about the baseball regular season, hockey playoffs, basketball playoffs, or NFL draft; the draft won with over 60 percent of the vote.

I actually have Verizon, but thanks for the heads up

xbarretx
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I actually have Verizon, but thanks for the heads up

n/p i guess i wont suggest NFL live for free on Sprint either :huh:

i'll keep my employee bias to myself ;)