PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft ****The REAL OFFICIAL 2008 NFL Draft Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Mr. Kotter
04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
NFL DRAFT Coverage this Weekend:
Coverage available for the entire weekend on ESPN/ESPN2 Television, and also on ESPN Radio Network.

*** If you want to follow the draft on the 'net, the two best free and easy access sites are ESPN and the NFL official site....though for access to "insider" info at ESPN, you have to be a "member:"

ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft?univLogin02=stateChanged

NFL: http://www.nfl.com/draft

If you are interested in another free "scouting" report site:
NFLdraftcountdown: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

Saturday April 26: Rounds 1-2 ***Format Revised this year
(1st Round, Teams get 10 minutes; 2nd Round, Teams get 7 minutes)

-- ESPN beginning at 2pm until 6pm (Central Standard Time)
-- ESPN2 beginning at 6pm until 9pm

Sunday April 27: Rounds 3-7
(Rounds 3-7, Teams get 5 minutes)
-- ESPN beginning at 9am until 5pm (Central Standard Time)

"My" Rounds 1-3 picks....
05. Chris Long (DE), or Vernon Gholston (DE)...will be available, IMHO. If not, Sedrick Ellis (DT).
17. Brandon Albert (OG-OT), or Chris Williams (OT).
35. Aqib Talib (CB), Kentwan Balmer (DT) or Brandon Flowers (CB).
66. Jordy Nelson (WR), Patrick Lee (CB), or Lawrence Jackson (DE).
73. Carl Nicks (OT), Xavier Adibi (LB), or Andre Caldwell (WR).
82. Mike Pollak (C), Jeremy Zuttah (C, OG) or Red Bryant (DT).

Nice job in attempt to save your ass, Carl.... time will tell if you succeeded....heh.

:)

Mr. Kotter
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Gholston will be the #5 pick.....the more I look at that mock drafts now (unless Dorsey or Ellis are still on the board--which is unlikely, IMHO.)

The question then becomes, which OLineman will be the highest rated on the board when the Chiefs pick at 17? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Okay, guys...

if I were the GM (and these players were available--and I've tried to be realistic, given projected player "values" and teams picking ahead of us:)

Day One picks....

05. Vernon Gholston, or Chris Long...will be available, IMHO.

17. Brandon Albert, or Chris Williams.

35. Aqib Talib, or Brandon Flowers

66. Pat Sims, or Reggie Smith.

73. Carl Nicks.

82. Mike Pollak.

cmh6476
04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Round 1, Pick 5 (5)
Round 1, Pick 17 (17) (From Vikings)
Round 2, Pick 4 (35)
Round 3, Pick 3 (66)
Round 3, Pick 10 (73) (From Broncos through Vikings)
Round 3, Pick 19 (82) (From Vikings)
Round 4, Pick 6 (105)
Round 5, Pick 1 (136) (From Dolphins)
Round 5, Pick 5 (140)
Round 6, Pick 4 (170)
Round 6, Pick 16 (182) (From Vikings)
Round 7, Pick 3 (210)
Round 7, Pick 32 (239) (From Giants)

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2008, 01:12 PM
I left out the "i" in official so technically this is it.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Round 1, Pick 5 (5)
Round 1, Pick 17 (17) (From Vikings)
Round 2, Pick 4 (35)
Round 3, Pick 3 (66)
Round 3, Pick 10 (73) (From Broncos through Vikings)
Round 3, Pick 19 (82) (From Vikings)
Round 4, Pick 6 (105)
Round 5, Pick 1 (136) (From Dolphins)
Round 5, Pick 5 (140)
Round 6, Pick 4 (170)
Round 6, Pick 16 (182) (From Vikings)
Round 7, Pick 3 (210)
Round 7, Pick 32 (239) (From Giants)

my my, that is a pretty sight to see!

Stinger
04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Might as well add this

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9339/copyofdraftvaluechartwl3.jpg

Sully
04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Ghoulston will be the #5 pick.....the more I look at that mock drafts now (unless Dorsey or Ellis are still on the board--which is unlikely, IMHO.)

The question then becomes, which OLineman will be the highest rated on the board when the Chiefs pick at 17? :hmmm:

I'm having trouble remembering, but don't you typically have a pretty detailed, well-thought-out draft list before the draft? Or is it an eval you do afterwards? I don't quite remember.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Kotter, it's Gholston.

Direckshun
04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I have my own thread on what I ideally want:

Round 1

5. DT Sedrick Ellis (USC)
17. OT Chris Williams (Vanderbilt)

Round 2

4. DE Lawrence Jackson (USC)

Round 3

3. DE Chris Ellis (Virginia Tech)
10. OG/OT Eric Young (Tennessee)
19. WR Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech)

Round 4

6. CB Trae Williams (USF)

Round 5

1. WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State)
5. TE Craig Davis (California)

Round 6

4. K Taylor Mehlhaff (Wisconsin)
21. CB Dwight Lowery (San Jose State)

Round 7

3. RB Dantrell Savage (Oklahoma State)
32. SS Caleb Campbell (Army)

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm having trouble remembering, but don't you typically have a pretty detailed, well-thought-out draft list before the draft? Or is it an eval you do afterwards? I don't quite remember.

I've done some evaluations in the past....don't know if I'll get time this year, but I may try. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Kotter, it's Gholston.

Sorry Hamas. I'll edit it.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Be sure to check our website throughout the day for live draft coverage from Arrowhead Stadium!

:D

J Diddy
04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Be sure to check our website throughout the day for live draft coverage from Arrowhead Stadium!

no thanks, I'll just read whatever findthedr copies

:evil:

stlchiefs
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Do you have a live mic in Carl's ass?

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Do you have a live mic in Carl's ass?

You'll know when the Chiefs are about to pick someone good because he will rip a huge fart.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry Hamas. I'll edit it.

It's no biggie at all, he's just not a halloween costume...well, then again he could be.

rad
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM

It's like, you're a pimp, and everyone knows your bitches have penises.

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 02:27 PM
It's no biggie at all, he's just not a halloween costume...well, then again he could be.

I admit...after I noticed it, I can see how some would see it as a vailpass passive aggressive racist sort of thing....so I'm glad you noticed. Heh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I admit...after I noticed it, I can see how some would see it as a vailpass passive aggressive racist sort of thing....so I'm glad you noticed. Heh.

So Gholston's middle names are "Welfare" "Government Cheese" and "Ghetto"? And he's a piece of shit?

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
So Gholston's middle names are "Welfare" "Government Cheese" and "Ghetto"? And he's a piece of shit?

I suspect any Bronco fan might say that....but, yeah, especially him from what I've seen. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I didn't see the Hurricanes play much this year. Anyone think this guy could be a decent pick in the 2nd....I don't see him dropping into the third round. OTOH, his 40 time is nothing to write home about....

:hmmm:

Calais Campbell
DE | (6'7", 290, 5.04) | MIAMI (FLA.)
Scouts Grade: 88

Flags: (S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | hell0NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Massive DE prospect; unusually tall with very good build, enormous arms (35.75 inches) and bigger-than-average hands (9.5 inches). Displays good initial quickness for his size, can beat blockers to the point of attack and can make plays in the backfield. Plays with decent leverage for a player his height, shows good lower body strength and is capable of holding his own when teams run at him. Has above-average upper body strength, extends arms once in position and flashes the ability to shed blocks quickly. Takes sound angles to the ball, plays with a good motor when fresh and makes plays in pursuit. Wraps up upon contact, shows good body control in space and is an adequate open field tackler that flashes the ability to jar the ball loose. Plays with a mean streak, takes the shortest path to the quarterback and flashes the ability to push tackles back into the quarterbacks' laps. Changes directions well for such a taller DE, runs line stunts well and flashes effective swim and rip move when he shoots inside. Shows adequate awareness and generally does a nice job of sniffing out screens. Doesn't always get hands up when isn't going to get to the quarterback but jumps fairly well and has very long arms so can make it difficult for the quarterback to find a passing window.

KcMizzou
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
If nothing else, the draft will be entertaining this season. Anyone happen to know what time it starts Saturday? I have to work, but I get off early in the day. I heard it was starting later this year.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Ichy trigger finger Kotter? ROFL

milkman
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
If nothing else, the draft will be entertaining this season. Anyone happen to know what time it starts Saturday? I have to work, but I get off early in the day. I heard it was starting later this year.

2 P.M. central

KcMizzou
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
2 P.M. centralThank you, sir.

Direckshun
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Mr. Kotter, Calais Campbell is a big slob -- but if you were interested in him, he'd be an awful fit in KC.

As you noticed, he's not terribly fast. His measurables are amazing, but he's the larger, powerful DE that plays in a 3-4, not the speed-laden 4-3 that the Chiefs Cover 2 employs.

He'll be taken in the 2nd by a team that thinks they can rejuvenate him, but he was 20 pounds overweight in Draft season, which is a gigantic red flag if you're looking to use a high round pick.

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Ichy trigger finger Kotter? ROFL

Yup. :p

Mr. Kotter, Calais Campbell is a big slob -- but if you were interested in him, he'd be an awful fit in KC.

As you noticed, he's not terribly fast. His measurables are amazing, but he's the larger, powerful DE that plays in a 3-4, not the speed-laden 4-3 that the Chiefs Cover 2 employs.

He'll be taken in the 2nd by a team that thinks they can rejuvenate him, but he was 20 pounds overweight in Draft season, which is a gigantic red flag if you're looking to use a high round pick.

Thank you, sir. I've only begun scouring the draft sites recently....as life is busy. Maybe a guy who could move inside to DT at some point, maybe? If so though, with what you are saying....I'd pass I guess.

I'll continue snoopin' around; my gut says we will go OT in the first....looks like we'll need to go DE too. Well, Herm seems to think....later rounds for CB is fine---although I had hoped maybe we'd nab one at 17. Looks like DE will be a bigger need, with more BAAs likely.

Direckshun
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I hear ya. Us folks over in the Draft forum have been tracking around 150 different players for months. We're happy to share our thoughts if you have any questions.

I don't think Herm is looking to completely rebuild an oversized DE into an undersized DT, though.

Direckshun
04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
That said, I will not be in this thread on Draft day. I will be in KC at the Chiefs' Draft party once again.

I'm sure I'll do something really gay and start my own thread with my thoughts the next day. Since I'm sure no one else will be doing that.

UteChief
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
How can you have an official draft thread when it's still a few days away. I feel and maybe I'm crazy but official threads should happen when something starts. It's bugged me since the official gameday threads that start on Friday or Thursday (unless the game is Thursday).

Who is with me???

Mr. Kotter
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
How can you have an official draft thread when it's still a few days away. I feel and maybe I'm crazy but official threads should happen when something starts. It's bugged me since the official gameday threads that start on Friday or Thursday (unless the game is Thursday).

Who is with me???

Knock yourself out, noob.... :thumb:

Make a poll if you want....that's the way this joint is run, in case you haven't noticed....

72 hours before the most important draft in recent Chief's history, warrants it IMHO.

;)

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 09:53 AM
What do you guys think of Carl Nicks? :hmmm:

I'm wondering if he could be a third round steal as an OLineman from Nebraska....the new Will Shields???

:hmmm:

Carl Nicks
OT | (6'4", 341, 5.219) | NEBRASKA
Scouts Grade: 75

Flags: (C: CHARACTER) Problems on and off the field
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: A massive ROT prospect with a thick build, long arms (34.6 inches) and big hands (10 inches). Displays adequate initial quickness when firing out of his stance as a run blocker. Can engulf smaller defenders at the point of attack in the run game. Works to finish his blocks and displays a mean streak at times. Will sustain his blocks when his hand-placement is sound. Can anchor versus the bull rush when he plays with leverage. Displays a quick set in pass pro for an OT his size. Also has very good upper body strength to jar defenders with his initial punch. Lots of upside to work with as a developmental project.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal athletic ability. Is quick on a straight line but struggles to move laterally. Will have trouble getting back inside in pass pro. Does not redirect quickly enough at times. Struggles to hit the moving target in space. Needs to play with more consistent leverage. When he comes out of stance too high he is vulnerable versus powerful bull rush. No excuse for him getting walked back into his own QB like he did versus Wake Forest DE Jeremy Thompson. His footwork and hand placement need a lot of polishing.

Overall: Nicks signed with New Mexico State out of high school (2003), switching from defensive tackle to the offensive line. In 2004, he transferred to Hartnell (Salinas, Calif.) CC, where he played two seasons (2004-'05). Nicks also threw shot put and discus for Hartnell's track team. He transferred to Nebraska in 2006, appearing in 11 games (two starts) at right tackle in his first season with the Cornhuskers. As a senior in 2007, he moved to left tackle and made 11 starts, appearing in all 12 games. He missed the first quarter of last season's Kansas State game because of disciplinary reasons. Nicks is a couple notches below elite-tackle prospects such as Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Chris Williams. He played left tackle as a senior at Nebraska but he is a far better fit on the right side. Nicks moves well enough for his size but he does not possesses ideal agility for the position, so his technique must improve considerably before he's ready to compete for playing time at the next level. If coached properly, though, Nicks has the massive size, short-area quickness and mean streak to develop into a quality starter in the NFL Nicks should come off the board late in the second round or early in the third round.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
T minus 46 hours and counting....

;)

My priority for the evening is setting the Saturday afternoon/evening menu....

Hammock Parties
04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I absolutely love Carl Nicks. I think he'd be a terrific right tackle.

Williams in the 1st, Nicks in the 2nd, Chilo Rachal in the 3rd...forget about the OL for a decade.

El Jefe
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
no thanks, I'll just read whatever findthedr copies

:evil:

LMAO.

El Jefe
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I absolutely love Carl Nicks. I think he'd be a terrific right tackle.

Williams in the 1st, Nicks in the 2nd, Chilo Rachal in the 3rd...forget about the OL for a decade.

What do you think about Gosder Cherilus? out of curiosity...

Hammock Parties
04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
What do you think about Gosder Cherilus? out of curiosity...

I think he's better than that sack of shit Otah.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I think he's better than that sack of shit Otah.

We'd almost have to take Cherilus in the 2nd round though....he won't be there in the third.

I doubt that Cherilus will last until the 35th pick though....

Imagine the transformation, potentially, of the OLine.....with the additions of Williams, Cherilus, and Nicks. :eek:

However, that might force Waters to Center....which is why I think Mike Pollak in the third is a more likely scenario.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
We'd almost have to take Cherilus in the 2nd round though....he won't be there in the third.

I doubt that Cherilus will last until the 35th pick though....

Imagine the transformation, potentially, of the OLine.....with the additions of Williams, Cherilus, and Nicks. :eek:

:thumb:

I think I'd rather spend a pick on a guard later in the draft and take Nicks in the 2nd. In a perfect world Nicks is available early in the 3rd.

DT Fan
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
I have my own thread on what I ideally want:

Round 1

5. DT Sedrick Ellis (USC)
17. OT Chris Williams (Vanderbilt)

Round 2

4. DE Lawrence Jackson (USC)

Round 3

3. DE Chris Ellis (Virginia Tech)
10. OG/OT Eric Young (Tennessee)
19. WR Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech)

Round 4

6. CB Trae Williams (USF)

Round 5

1. WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State)
5. TE Craig Davis (California)

Round 6

4. K Taylor Mehlhaff (Wisconsin)
21. CB Dwight Lowery (San Jose State)

Round 7

3. RB Dantrell Savage (Oklahoma State)
32. SS Caleb Campbell (Army)

Using three of the first four picks on D-Linemen seems a little excessive, when we already have a couple of young defensive linemen taken in the first two rounds the last two years.

I have to think that even if it's Sedrick Ellis and Chris Williams in the first, it wouldn't be two DEs with the next two. Maybe Jackson and a CB/OL or someone like James Hardy if he's there and then take the other Ellis still in the third.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
I think I'd rather spend a pick on a guard later in the draft and take Nicks in the 2nd. In a perfect world Nicks is available early in the 3rd.

Which of the centers do you like....anyone worth a fourth or fifth round pick if Pollak is gone? :shrug:

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Using three of the first four picks on D-Linemen seems a little excessive, when we already have a couple of young defensive linemen taken in the first two rounds the last two years.

I have to think that even if it's Sedrick Ellis and Chris Williams in the first, it wouldn't be two DEs with the next two. Maybe Jackson and a CB/OL or someone like James Hardy if he's there and then take the other Ellis still in the third.
Giants proved last year that you can beat anyone if you attack the passer.

Direckshun
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Which of the centers do you like....anyone worth a fourth or fifth round pick if Pollak is gone? :shrug:
Hell there are centers worth attention who are available later than that.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM

I don't know shit about the centers coming out this year. Tom Marino, Scout's draft expert, rated Kory Lichtensteiger behind Pollak though.

BigRock
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
F**K YOU, CARL

Sorry, I just wanted to be the first person in this thread to say it.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Who is with me???

Anything worth waiting for is worth having now.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Anything worth waiting for is worth having now.

LMAO

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
In perusing a variety of sites and scouting evals, this should be the order of priority....if the Chief's stay at number five:

1. Chris Long
2. Glenn Dorsey
3. Sedrick Ellis
4. Vern Gholston

I don't think we can really lose with anyone of those picks....I've moved Ellis in front of Gholston, mainly due to Ellis's "non-stop motor" versus Gholston's "inconsistency" that seems pretty much a consensus among scouts...

Am I wrong? :shrug:

Defensive Tackle | Senior |
USC Sedrick Ellis
Height: 6-01/2 | Weight: 309 | 40-Time: 5.23

Official Bio

Strengths:
Very quick with a great first step...Very strong and powerful...A terrific pass rusher with the burst to close...Athletic with good speed...Instinctive...Sheds blocks well and is able to beat the double team...Is technically sound when it comes to using his hands and understanding leverage...Has a non-stop motor...Tough and a very hard worker with top-notch intangibles...Has experience at both tackle positions.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the ideal height or bulk that you look for...Has some minor durability issues...Might have some trouble holding his ground at the point against massive blockers...Limited schematically and probably won't be a perfect fit for every team.

Notes:
Could be a prototypical three-technique at the pro level...Redshirted in 2003 after breaking his left ankle and missed some time in '06 with a knee injury..Productive, disruptive force in the middle..A better prospect than Mike Patterson was in 2005.

Sedrick Ellis
DT | (6'0", 309, 5.32) | USC
Scouts Grade: 97

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

Strengths: A disruptive, penetrating interior defensive lineman. At his best in a one-gap scheme but has some versatility due to experience as a nose tackle and three-technique. He is extremely disruptive versus the run. Displays outstanding initial burst and wins most of his battles with first-step quickness. Shows outstanding body control and stays on his feet. Uses long arms to keep separation and does an excellent job of disengaging from blocks and keeping on the move. Exceptional technique; uses his hands effectively and his feet never stop moving. Recognition skills are very good and he's athletic enough to change directions and pursue once he penetrates the backfield. He consistently generates pressure as a pass rusher. Shows upper-echelon closing burst for his position and also does a good job of batting down passes once he realizes he's not getting to the QB. Plays with a great motor and works very hard on and off the field. Never gives up on a play and his effort is infectious.

Weaknesses: Undersized; lacks ideal height. Not an ideal fit for two-gap schemes. Durability has been of an issue; redshirted in 2003 due to injury that required surgery and missed three games in 2006 (Nebraska, Arizona and Washington State) due to right knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery.

Overall: Ellis arrived at USC in 2003 but took a medical redshirt year after suffering a midseason left ankle fracture that required surgery. In his first three active seasons (2004-'06), he appeared in 34 games and made 86 tackles (16 for losses) and nine sacks. As a senior in 2007, he started all 13 games at nose guard and collected 58 tackles (12.5 for losses), 8.5 sacks and seven pass breakups on his way to first team All-America honors. Ellis missed three games in '06 after tearing cartilage in his right knee, which required arthroscopic surgery. He also had fluid drained from the knee in '07 and missed several practices but no games. Ellis did not time out well at the combine but he is a great football player, nonetheless. He has bulked up to 309 pounds and can play NT and/or DT at the next level. Thanks to an outstanding combination of quickness, power, technique and effort, Ellis proved in college to be nearly unblockable one-on-one  even versus top talent at the Senior Bowl. Ellis will be valued as a top-10 pick by teams in search of a playmaking one-gap interior lineman.

Hammock Parties
04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I wrote this yesterday about Ellis.

http://kan.scout.com/2/749188.html

Last week we looked at the potential pros and cons of Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden playing for the Chiefs this season. In the third part of our four-part Choose Your Destiny series, we look at USC defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis. How would he fit in Kansas City?

Note – due to the early signing of offensive tackle Jake Long (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3716226) by the Miami Dolphins, his segment in our Choose Your Destiny series will not appear. Hence, it becomes a four-part exercise.

Part III: DT Sedrick Ellis (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3286694), USC

2007 stats – 58 tackles, 8.5 sacks

Career stats – 144 tackles, 17.5 sacks

Ellis gets the nod over LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey in this edition simply because he’s more likely to be available when the Chiefs are on the clock at #5 this Saturday. The St. Louis Rams and Atlanta Falcons both need interior defensive line help, and pick before Kansas City.

How could Ellis help the Chiefs? When you consider KC’s defense ranked 28th against the run and garnered only 5.5 sacks from the defensive tackle position last season, Ellis might be just what Kansas City is looking for.

The Cover 2 defensive scheme employed by the Chiefs works best when a three-technique defensive tackle is penetrating up the field and putting pressure on the quarterback. Ellis has all the skills – lateral quickness, agility, acceleration, strength - to be that player. Some compare him to Warren Sapp (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=2980562) or LaRoi Glover.

With the trade of Jared Allen (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3716719), drafting a player like Ellis would help maximize the production of KC’s defensive ends. It’s tough for any quarterback to step up in the pocket and avoid outside rushers when a tackle is screaming right in your face.

Some of you are thinking of Ryan Sims (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3630577) right now, the last defensive tackle taken in the first round by the Chiefs, and a colossal bust. Don’t compare Sims to Ellis, however.

At North Carolina, Sims was overrated as a prospect because he played next to Julius Peppers on the defensive line. Peppers was the dominant force on that defense, not Sims (regardless of his production).

At USC, there was no such case of mistaken identity with Ellis. Yes, end Lawrence Jackson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3290170) led the Trojans in sacks last season and is coming out in the draft this year. But Jackson is rated as a second or third-round pick by most experts, and isn’t nearly as athletic or polished a player as Peppers was. There’s no question – Ellis was the engine driving USC’s defensive line.

Finally, consider Ellis’ total college production. Not just the sacks, but the complete package. He racked up a whopping 12.5 tackles for loss last season and even batted down seven passes. And then there’s his experience. Ellis played in 48 games at USC, with 36 starts. That’s a ton of playing time against top-notch competition in the PAC 10.

How could the Chiefs possibly pass on such a player? Well, it’s not such a stretch.

Just last year, Kansas City spent second and third-round picks on two interior linemen – Turk McBride (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698864) and Tank Tyler. Neither had a huge impact as rookies, but given the praise heaped upon them by defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham this offseason, you’d have to think the Chiefs want to see what they have in two players they’ve invested high picks in.

Drafting Ellis with McBride, Tyler, Alfonso Boone (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698847) and Ron Edwards (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698853) already on the roster might lead to something of a logjam at the defensive tackle position (though if McBride and Tyler pan out with Ellis, you’d have a hell of a rotation).

There’s also the question of Ellis’ frame. At 6-foot-1 and 305 pounds, he has a compact build, with relatively short arms. There’s not much room for Ellis to get bigger as a player without losing speed and quickness.

Lastly, there are some minor injury concerns. As a freshman in 2003, Ellis suffered a left ankle fracture, and in 2006 there were issues with torn cartilage in his knee.

The final word:

Scout.com’s Tom Marino rates Ellis as the second-best defensive tackle in this year’s draft. Below is his evaluation.

"Ellis has outstanding quickness, body control, range and balance. Plays with good leverage, has extremely quick strong hands and overall explosiveness. Can stack, but was more effective playing in the gap. Far better at nose then at a three-technique. Has short arms and does not appear to have long speed. Very disruptive player in a limited area but is not second coming of Tommie Harris. A top 10 selection in this year's player draft. Solid starter potential."

Last week:

Boston College QB Matt Ryan (http://kan.scout.com/2/744744.html)

Arkansas RB Darren McFadden (http://kan.scout.com/2/746155.html)

Tomorrow: Virginia DE Chris Long (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3200069)

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I wrote this yesterday about Ellis...

Very nice, article Clayton.

Really. :thumb:

Danush
04-25-2008, 06:45 AM
As long as our first round offensive lineman is not the second-coming of....Trazelle

NY CHIEF
04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
How about another LB to convert to fullback :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
How about another LB to convert to fullback :banghead:

Or how about a conveting a projected safety to an NFL corner? Those experiments usually go well.... :banghead:

eazyb81
04-25-2008, 08:13 AM
For the Ellis fans:

Does his size and short arms not concern you? I love what I see on tape from him, but that was against college guards and centers - not exactly the best competition.

How many great three-technique DTs are 6'1" or shorter and weigh less than 300 at their best playing weight?

I just am a bit concerned that he will get pushed around at the line of scrimmage and his arms are so short that he will never make first contact.

Thoughts?

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
For the Ellis fans:

Does his size and short arms not concern you? I love what I see on tape from him, but that was against college guards and centers - not exactly the best competition.

How many great three-technique DTs are 6'1" or shorter and weigh less than 300 at their best playing weight?

I just am a bit concerned that he will get pushed around at the line of scrimmage and his arms are so short that he will never make first contact.

Thoughts?

Whenever I've seen him, he reminds me of a young Warren Sapp....

If he didn't have the motor he has, I'd be more concerned I guess.

For me too, the tendency of scouts to over-analyze physical characteristics (eg, his arms are short--what 1-2" is gonna really make THAT much difference? I don't think so....)....and underestimate on field play. A player's heart and desire and drive and tenacity come across on film, and are much more important than his "arms are 1 inch shorter than Dorsey" sort of assessments.

Bottom-line is that he played at USC and faced very tough competition throughout his career....and shined. That says much more to me, than some comment like "his arms are shorter than ideal".....

JMHO

Delano
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Is it possible to put the television schedule in the OP please?

Sanka
04-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm really torn between Ellis and Gholston. If we take either I think I would be happy. For some reason I am not to high on Dorsey or C. Long, and Matt Ryan is out of the question. If we draft Matt Ryan some one is going to have to restrain me from body slamming every TV in my house.

eazyb81
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Here is a cool piece from NFLN on Ellis that breaks down his strengths and weaknesses during Senior Bowl practices. It starts with a brief interview with Ellis, and he really comes across as a bright and articulate young man.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80712617

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Is it possible to put the television schedule in the OP please?

Done. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Here is a cool piece from NFLN on Ellis that breaks down his strengths and weaknesses during Senior Bowl practices. It starts with a brief interview with Ellis, and he really comes across as a bright and articulate young man.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80712617

Thanks for that; good stuff. I think Ellis is the most likely to be available at 5, so he just could be the pick. He's not perfect, but I sure like him a lot.

If it's anyone other than Long, Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston though....at this point I'm likely to pull a frazod and blow a friggin' hole through the television. Heh.

xbarretx
04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
My picks??? :shrug:

First round? DE and LT
Second? CB
Third? OG, WR, and RT

After that, hopefully....BAA.... :shrug:

Should be a GOOD draft, IMHO. Nice job in attempt to save your ass, Carl.... time will tell if you succeeded....heh.

:)

based on position alone and not "who" the player will be i like it! :thumb: i might toss a QB in there somewhere though :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
based on position alone and not "who" the player will be i like it! :thumb: i might toss a QB in there somewhere though :shrug:

I understand the concern for QB, but I like Croyle....and am comfortable with Huard and Thigpen are adequate as backups, at least during the rebuild. I just see to many "other" needs....unless Brohms or another of the prospects really have Brady-like potential to develop....I'd be willing to wait on a FA or another year (although, apparently, next year's QB class isn't great.)

Walter
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
This weekend is gonna be AWESOME, Dude.

Coach
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
REACH!

Oh, I'm just getting some practice for Saturday, just in case.

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 02:49 PM
REACH!

Oh, I'm just getting some practice for Saturday, just in case.

You know what, Pollard was the only pick in the last couple of years that I, initially, thought that.....but afterward realized it wasn't. So let's give credit where credit is due....it's been "better" since Herm got here, IMHO.

:shrug:

Direckshun
04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
We're not reaching a lot, that's true.

Only major reach under Herm we've had was McBride last year.

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
anyone know of an rss feed we could embed in the header that would update the 1st round picks as the happen?

muddyjello
04-25-2008, 02:55 PM

I like your seventh round, and Ellis, but Chris Williams will be a bust.

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 02:55 PM
the verdict on pollard is definitely still out...

xbarretx
04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I understand the concern for QB, but I like Croyle....and am comfortable with Huard and Thigpen are adequate as backups, at least during the rebuild. I just see to many "other" needs....unless Brohms or another of the prospects really have Brady-like potential to develop....I'd be willing to wait on a FA or another year (although, apparently, next year's QB class isn't great.)

tru dat

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM

Weren't the concerns over McBride mostly "character" questions?

He still has a shot to make his selection worthwhile though....

Mecca
04-25-2008, 03:07 PM

You don't like OT's from good conferences that can actually pass block eh?

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
You don't like OT's from good conferences that can actually pass block eh?

I'm with you, but the concerns over his lack of intensity and his reliance on finesse, rather than power....particularly in the running game needed to have been addressed by our scouting staff if they pick him.

OnTheWarpath15
04-25-2008, 03:10 PM

I know not everyone is a fan of Scott Wright, but his final mock actually had Turk going to STL 2 slots ahead of us.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2007/mock.html

Mecca
04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm with you, but the concerns over his lack of intensity and his reliance on finesse, rather than power....particularly in the running game needed to have been addressed by our scouting staff if they pick him.

He's a LT you take the pass blocker there everytime.

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 03:12 PM
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47606bd521007408/481248b35baed16b/47606bd5181cf9ed/c28908c/widget.js"></script>

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, TC....that is cool. :thumb:

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks, TC....that is cool. :thumb:

sweet...

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 03:52 PM

I have concerns about Williams, too....but who doesn't? He seems to have put some of those to rest since the combine and process since. Guess we'll see.

What in particular is concerning to you?

DaFace
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
sweet...

I wish it weren't so tall - more like a ticker. I'd put it at the top of the Lounge for the weekend. :(

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I wish it weren't so tall - more like a ticker. I'd put it at the top of the Lounge for the weekend. :(

look around the web, there should be something...

DenverChief
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47606bd521007408/481259eab644287b/481248b35baed16b/f9bf7d9f" id="W47606bd521007408481259eab644287b" height="600" width="800"><param value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47606bd521007408/481259eab644287b/481248b35baed16b/f9bf7d9f" name="movie"/><param value="transparent" name="wmode"><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"></object>

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47606bd521007408/481259eab644287b/481248b35baed16b/f9bf7d9f" id="W47606bd521007408481259eab644287b" height="125" width="150"><param value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47606bd521007408/481259eab644287b/481248b35baed16b/f9bf7d9f" name="movie"/><param value="transparent" name="wmode"><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"></object>

Thanks for the effort, Jason.....but I don't know if that one is readable though. If folks would prefer I replace that on in the OP, I'll do it though.

A rectangular horizontal "ticker" across the top of the "Lounge" is what I think TC/DaFace had in mind....I think.

DaFace
04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the effort, Jason.....but I don't know if that one is readable though. If folks would prefer I replace that on in the OP, I'll do it though.

A rectangular horizontal "ticker" across the top of the "Lounge" is what I think TC/DaFace had in mind....I think.

Yeah, if there were something that was linked directly into ESPN or NFL or something (read: Not RSS based), it'd be cool. As it is, the one in the OP is probably fine. Good find though, TC.

DenverChief
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM

just playing around....seeing what is what......

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 04:45 PM

no, I had in mind just what is in your header now...something big enough to see picks and some graphics...i like it

DenverChief
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
no, I had in mind just what is in your header now...something big enough to see picks and some graphics...i like it

the lounge ticker would be nice to have back tho

the Talking Can
04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
if this is the official bar/chatter/curse/threat/cry/slander/die thread, could we get it stickied?

DenverChief
04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
if this is the official bar/chatter/curse/threat/cry/slander/die thread, could we get it stickied?

LMAO FAT CHANCE SUCKER!

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 06:04 PM

Works for me, though the banner/ticker on the top of the Lounge would be nice too. :thumb:

KCChiefsMan
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight! I have never been this excited for the draft! I better just get drunk

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight! I have never been this excited for the draft! I better just get drunk

That's my plan. ;)

Hope I didn't step on your toes by posting this after yours.....I honestly didn't see it. I put together a Opening Post I thought would be helpful for folks dropping in though.

Here's to the beginning of a very bright future..... :toast:

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM

I'll PM DaFace or Bob Dole or Morphius later tonight to see if they want to do that or not....I'll be in an out this evening....we have two of our four kids at a church "youth night" 'lock-up' until 1 am.....kinda wierd, but it sounded like fun for them.

DaFace
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll PM DaFace or Bob Dole or Morphius later tonight to see if they want to do that or not....I'll be in an out this evening....we have two of our four kids at a church "youth night" 'lock-up' until 1 am.....kinda wierd, but it sounded like fun for them.

Eh, we could, but what difference would it make? It's not like there will be any trouble keeping the thread at the top of the Lounge tomorrow. If it becomes an issue, I might. Otherwise, one of the other guys can do it if they feel the need.

In other news, every sports web site has "widgets" that can be added to your web site, but they're all relatively square. I wish I could find something like the one used at the top of Fox's Draft Tracker (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker), but I haven't found anything yet anyway.

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Eh, we could, but what difference would it make? It's not like there will be any trouble keeping the thread at the top of the Lounge tomorrow. If it becomes an issue, I might. Otherwise, one of the other guys can do it if they feel the need.

In other news, every sports web site has "widgets" that can be added to your web site, but they're all relatively square. I wish I could find something like the one used at the top of Fox's Draft Tracker (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker), but I haven't found anything yet anyway.

Is it possible to copy the code using "View" then "source" and then paste that here.....? :shrug:

DaFace
04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Is it possible to copy the code using "View" then "source" and then paste that here.....? :shrug:

I looked at the source, but it's all buried under a bunch of javascript and flash. It might be possible to dig it out of there, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I looked at the source, but it's all buried under a bunch of javascript and flash. It might be possible to dig it out of there, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

I tried to look at it too....but I'm not an IT person, so I was really confused.

DaFace
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I tried to look at it too....but I'm not an IT person, so I was really confused.

Don't worry...I just pretend to know what I'm doing.

DaFace
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh well. I tried. I can get the flash embedded, but it doesn't seem to be pulling data from either Fox or the NFL. :sulk:

KcMizzou
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Don't worry...I just pretend to know what I'm doing.Heheh. One of my old bosses used to tell me, "Even if you're not really sure... make it a point to sound confident."

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Oh well. I tried. I can get the flash embedded, but it doesn't seem to be pulling data from either Fox or the NFL. :sulk:Thanks for the effort.

The embedded link that TC found that is now in the thread starter will have to work....

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 05:06 AM
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L11076052.jpg

DenverChief
04-26-2008, 05:08 AM
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L11076052.jpg

LMAO

Cartman
04-26-2008, 06:21 AM
"Happy Birthday!"

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Well....I think I'm gonna watch the first round on my old TV.

In case they call Ryan or Clady at 5, that way I won't break a newer TV. :banghead:

DaFace
04-26-2008, 07:56 AM
I changed my mind, FWIW. There will undoubtedly be 30 threads about the same topic every time we make a pick, so it'll be nice to make sure this is easy to get to.

kstater
04-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I changed my mind, FWIW. There will undoubtedly be 30 threads about the same topic every time we make a pick, so it'll be nice to make sure this is easy to get to.

Here? You crazy.

Friendo
04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I miss seeing Ditka's head explode--wish somebody would bring up the Ricky Williams trade.

boogblaster
04-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Please Carl do something right this year ....

dirk digler
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Man I am just glad we are talking football again. This offseason has been freaking long

Coach
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Ouch.. ESPN showing the NFL draft in 1983.

Friendo
04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
lol--review of the 83 draft on ESPN--Zimmerman on Marino:"I don't know who the Dolphins great qb coach is who's going to work with him" LMAO!

DaFace
04-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Is the time in the countdown off for everyone else? It's showing 4.5 hours until the draft, and unless I'm crazy, it's only 2.5 hours away.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Not to toot my own horn, but after every Chiefs pick, we're going to have Tom Marino, a 30-year NFL scouting veteran, analyzing every new Chief on the website. It should be some good stuff. Tom's not just some idiot parroting Mel Kiper, he's lived the life of a scout, been on the road, watches tons of tape every year. He knows his stuff.

DTLB58
04-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Is the time in the countdown off for everyone else? It's showing 4.5 hours until the draft, and unless I'm crazy, it's only 2.5 hours away.

Yep, it's screwed up.....maybe it's the estimated time when the Chiefs will be on the clock :D

NUMBER7
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Clock management will be key today...take the reins out of Herm's hands.

NUMBER7
04-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Man I am just glad we are talking football again. This offseason has been freaking long

AMEN!!!

kcxiv
04-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Ravens trying to move up to get Ryan now. This is going to be interesting.

chiefbowe82
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
baltimore may move up to number 2

Tits McGee
04-26-2008, 11:59 AM
This should be very insightful.

kstater
04-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Not to toot my own horn, but after every Chiefs pick, we're going to have Tom Marino, a 30-year NFL scouting veteran, analyzing every new Chief on the website. It should be some good stuff. Tom's not just some idiot parroting Mel Kiper, he's lived the life of a scout, been on the road, watches tons of tape every year. He knows his stuff.

By definition, you are "tooting your own horn".

C-Mac
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
St Louis is picking Long

Mecca
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Have you guys noticed that Matt Ryan looks like the Shermanator from American Pie?

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Have you guys noticed that Matt Ryan looks like the Shermanator from American Pie?

I noticed that as well.

Tits McGee
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
McFadden looks really heavy.

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
ESPN reporting if Dorsey is available at 5, the Chiefs feels that he is the best player.

Really, if I was the Chiefs, I'd just disconnect my phone, and just stay at 5.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:09 PM
espn says Chiefs have Dorsey as #1 player in draft...but are still considering trading down...."for need"

yea....you heard that right...

Tits McGee
04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Mr. Goodell is footing his foot down on the Pac-Man deal.

kstater
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Ryan wearing sweater vest and a sports coat over it. WTF?

Coach
Goddammit, 40 more minutes to go....

Should had started this at 2ET/1CT instead.

Coach
Ryan wearing sweater vest and a sports coat over it. WTF?

A wine n' dine type of a person.

We need some guys who has a beard and wears a cut-off sleeve shirts instead.

nychief
04-26-2008, 12:25 PM
A wine n' dine type of a person.

We need some guys who has a beard and wears a cut-off sleeve shirts instead.

we just traded that moron....

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
so Jaws just said that Brohm needs to be in a west coast offense....

Mecca
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Brohm has a better arm than he was given credit for there, it's as good as Ryan's...

When Ryan started to talk I thought he was going to say...

"Suzy I'm just a futuristic quarterback sent back in time to change the fortunes for one lucky franchise"

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Howie Long is still bigger than his kid

DTLB58
04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
we just traded that moron....

ROFL

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Brohm has a better arm than he was given credit for there, it's as good as Ryan's...

When Ryan started to talk I thought he was going to say...

"Suzy I'm just a futuristic quarterback sent back in time to change the fortunes for one lucky franchise"

I'm just worried about that Brohm is a "system QB" like Chang, Ragone, etc.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm just worried about that Brohm is a "system QB" like Chang, Ragone, etc.

The offense Brohm ran before this year was a pro-style offense.

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Ravens turn down the Rans trade demands for the #2 pick, per Mort.

NUMBER7
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow! Raven's playing hard ball with the Rams.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Ravens turn down the Rans trade demands for the #2 pick, per Mort.

The Ravens should have taken that deal, I assumed the Rams asked for next year's 1 along with their 1 and 2 this year.

Rain Man
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM

I think he looks like singer Ben Folds.

It annoys me that Howie Long is sitting near Chris Long. That's a bad example.

FAX
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
May God, in all his Mercy, bless this draft.

Since we'll be living with these decisions for years to come (or until all the players get cut in camp or demand to be traded, whichever comes first).

FAX

Skip Towne
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I think he looks like singer Ben Folds.

It annoys me that Howie Long is sitting near Chris Long. That's a bad example.

Who showed up for your party?

MTG#10
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Its almost time. This is the most ecited Ive ever been before a draft. If Dorsey falls to us and we trade down or take someone else (especially Ryan) I will throw my beer through my tv.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:44 PM
McFadden's mom was a crackhead with 12 kids.

ESPN just wanted to share that.

NUMBER7
May God, in all his Mercy, bless this draft.

Since we'll be living with these decisions for years to come (or until all the players get cut in camp or demand to be traded, whichever comes first).

FAX

So right FAX...this is HUGE!!! Right now Chief's fans feel like expectant fathers....let's get the damn draft going!!!

Skip Towne
McFadden looks really heavy.

Except for those skinny legs.

alnorth
04-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Anyone notice that story on Caleb Campbell from Army? He's hoping to be picked in the 6th or 7th round to play special teams, and if he does get selected, the Army will let him out of his requirement to serve 2 years active duty. If someone picks him, I imagine they would get a highly motivated player.

Coach at training camp: Come on Campbell! Damn it, if you dont step up and really start to play, we'll cut you and have your ass shipped to Iraq!

Mecca
04-26-2008, 12:46 PM
McFadden's mom was a crackhead with 12 kids.

ESPN just wanted to share that.

I could careless about that or that he has kids, as long as he doesn't get suspended I don't care.

Coach
Goddamn, 13 more minutes of this non-sense blabbering and fake trades.....

Get this on!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Gholston's suit is badass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
God, I love Jets fans. Just booing the piss out of Long.

Tits McGee
04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Gholston's suit is badass.

I think it's bullet proof.

Mosbonian
15 minutes to the start of the Board meltdown.....I am going to watch with interest how this place reacts if Carl and Herm does something off the chart like trading down again.

If we have a shot at Dorsey and don't take him I predict that this board will shut down for 2 hours...

mmaddog

'Hamas' Jenkins
We want Sapp!! We want Sapp!! We want Sapp!!

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I think it's bullet proof.

no, but his skin is

HemiEd
04-26-2008, 12:50 PM
OK Herm, get it right please.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
God I haven't been this nervous for anything Chiefs-related since January of '04.

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:55 PM
5 minutes left.....

NUMBER7
Mr. Dorsey please!!!!

Coach
God I haven't been this nervous for anything Chiefs-related since January of '04.

You and me both. I just want them to do something RIGHT for a change....

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
matt ryan's ass is puckered tighter than goatse's vagina

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Come on ESPN. Show Long getting smoked by Gholston!

DaKCMan AP
04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
NFL Network is getting me ****ing excited as hell keep saying we're getting Dorsey!

Mecca
04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
The ESPN guys sucking off Parcells.....what a shocker.

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
NFL Network is getting me ****ing excited as hell keep saying we're getting Dorsey!

Let's hope they're right......

Coach
04-26-2008, 12:59 PM
The ESPN guys sucking off Parcells.....what a shocker.

I can see their reaction on the Chiefs picking Dorsey.

"Oh my god, what are they doing? They needed a O-line, they should had drafted Clady instead! The Chiefs are stupid!"

the Talking Can
LET'S

GET

IT

ON!!!

Coach
2:00

Let the f**king party begin, bitches!

Hammock Parties
04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
13 hall of famers

let's go

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
i will become genocide if we pass on dorsey for clady...

Dylan
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Show Time!

Will the Rams select Long?

Hammock Parties
DORSEY! DORSEY! DORSEY!!!

unothadeal
I hope Schefter doesn't ruin every pick again this year.

Skip Towne
This is almost as exciting as waiting for the Jayhawks championship game.

kregger
And with the #2 overall pick the Lambs select....

Chris Long

Frazod
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm really worried those cocksucking Raiders are going switch with Aints and cost us Dorsey. :banghead:

I still can't believe we got stuck picking behind those turds.

HemiEd
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
13 hall of famers

let's go
We can only hope. Heck, I will give Herm an A if he only gets 6. :D

redshirt32
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
No matter what the chiefs have to get it right today, this is the best chance we have to make a statment lets see if it can happen come on guys get it right

Dylan
wow... you guys must be freaking out.

unothadeal
Sweet. Rams on the clock

kstater
Goodell not wasting any time.

STL on the clock.

Coach
They made the Dolphins selection right off the bat.

Great start. No need to waste 10 minutes....

'Hamas' Jenkins
I almost expected a WWE moment there with the Dolphins picking Gholston.

Frazod
And we're off.....

dirk digler
So much for the rumor they were going to wait the full 10 minutes

Coach
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
LOL AND THEY GO TO COMMERICAL!

Mecca
The Raiders moving down depends though, if McFadden is who they want they can't move. The Jets will take him at 6 if they do.

recxjake
I love how they got right to the pick!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Come on St. Louis, get this c*nt on the road.

the Talking Can
we can cut our rebuilding time in half if we do this draft right...we could have a legendary draft class

DTLB58

That's why I'm watching the NFLN. Commercial free through the first 3 picks!

NUMBER7
I'm really worried those cocksucking Raiders are going switch with Aints and cost us Dorsey. :banghead:

I still can't believe we got stuck picking behind those turds.

We lose 2 coin tosses in a row...who would have thought...oh right we are the Chiefs!

unothadeal
23 years old, and a millionaire.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2008, 01:06 PM
My tummy hurts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Playing the Miami Vice theme for the selection ROFL

KCChiefsMan
were those Miami fans booing Jake Long?

Tits McGee
NFl network, less commercials

Basileus777
were those Miami fans booing Jake Long?

Jets fans.

kstater
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
We lose 2 coin tosses in a row...who would have thought...oh right we are the Chiefs!

Huh? The Chiefs' didn't lose any toss. Atl won their toss against Oakland and by default, Oakland got ahead of us.

Delano
That's why I'm watching the NFLN. Commercial free through the first 3 picks!

I think most of the TV's in the prospect room were on NFLN. ESPN had to change their camera angles to avoid getting NFLN.

LOL

Mr. Flopnuts
The server is humming. I love it.

kcxiv

No commercial on the NFLN

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
St. Louis must be fielding some trade offers right now.

Basileus777
04-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I wish I had NFLN, ESPN's coverage sucks.

the Talking Can
i wish they wouldn't try to show them getting calls, it kind of ruins the suspense

Delano
St. Louis must be fielding some trade offers right now.

Waiting for Ozzie Newsome to get antsy and pull the trigger.

DaKCMan AP
I wish I had NFLN, ESPN's coverage sucks.

nfl.com/live

Coach
Come on Rams. Quit jerking off on him, and draft the bastard already....

NUMBER7
No commercial on the NFLN

Time to switch...Thank you!

Mecca
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Go up and make your damn pick Rams.

Delano
10 minutes > 15 minutes

MTG#10
Time to switch...Thank you!

NFLN has a lot better and more professional coverage than ESPN.

Mr. Flopnuts
Go up and make your damn pick Rams.

They're waiting for someone to give up the sun, moon, and stars for the right.

VonneMarie
C'mon Lambs...

Mr. Flopnuts
Here we go.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Look at Mort "need based draft"

Drafting like that is retarded...

Basileus777
nfl.com/live

Thanks, I didn't think to check online for whatever reason.

the Talking Can
the count down clock is down!

kstater
With the 2nd selection of the NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Chris Long DE Virginia

The Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock.

Coach
St. Loser picks....

Chris Long!

Mr. Flopnuts
C. Long

milkman
NFLN has a lot better and more professional coverage than ESPN.

Happy as hell that Charlie Casserly isn't a part of the host team.

I couldn't watch him for 6 hours.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
There's the Chris Long pick.......and here we go.

Basileus777
Yes!

SCTrojan
One piece of the puzzle solved.

kcxiv
****, they did get Long. argh

Mecca
Happy as hell that Charlie Casserly isn't a part of the host team.

I couldn't watch him for 6 hours.

I like how they talk to him like an expert when he's a ****in retard.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Thank God. McFadden or Ryan with one of the next two picks :grovel:

Mr. Flopnuts
Dorsey, or Ryan? Shit gets interesting here.

KCFalcon59
Wow. Hopefully the ****ing faiders don't ruin it for us. Dorsey just might fall to us.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 01:13 PM
If the next 2 picks are Ryan and McFadden the Chiefs sit in a pretty spot.

The Franchise
Come Falcons.....take Ryan!!!!

DaKCMan AP
Take Matt Ryan Falcons!!

Mr. Flopnuts

Please God. For my birthday, give me Glenn Dorsey. Please. Please? PLEASE!!!!

Coach
04-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Say the scenerio happens, who you pick? Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston?

the Talking Can
the clock starts again as soon as the pick is announced...down 5min already

kstater
Say the scenerio happens, who you pick? Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston?

DORSEY

DaKCMan AP
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM

I hope so. We would get the best player in the draft.

Delano

Absolutely gorgeous spot...

for Carl to pick Harvey.

Let's hope not.

Basileus777
I'm loving the shorter clock.

Coach
the clock starts again as soon as the pick is announced...down 5min already

I noticed this as well. It's starting off very smoothly and faster than years past.

So far, it's been a positive.

MTG#10
Dorsey will be a better player in a couple years than Allen ever has/will be. If he falls to us and we pass I will I will cry.

Mecca
I hope so. We would get the best player in the draft.

And if they trade we will all go out to Arrowhead and set Carls car on fire.

kregger
The Falcons will trade down with NE hoping to get Ryan for a better value.

Coach
04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Come on Falcons.....take Ryan..

Ryan is on the phone! Could it be?

VonneMarie
You guys already know Oakland is going to screw us.

Dylan
Chris Long

(Fortune Teller) "He's the kind of guy you'll win Super Bowls with..." (Fortune Teller)