PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Now that Jake long is gone....

Frankie
04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Is it possible that the Rams and then Atlanta will select and sign THEIR first picks in the next couple of days and thus reduce this unhealthy suspense for us? The wait is becoming a bit stressful.

BigRock
04-23-2008, 11:07 AM
The Rams are being told they can't negotiate with anyone, because nothing's official until the Dolphins turn in Jake Long's name on their card on Saturday.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Is it possible that the Rams and then Atlanta will select and sign THEIR first picks in the next couple of days and thus reduce this unhealthy suspense for us? The wait is becoming a bit stressful.

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever read in the history of the intranet!!!

Coach
04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
The Rams are being told they can't negotiate with anyone, because nothing's official until the Dolphins turn in Jake Long's name on their card on Saturday.

What I'm gonna be annoyed is that they'll give the Dolphins what, 8 minutes of the draft time before announcing it.

Come the f**k on, just announce it right off the bat, and get it the f**k over it.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 11:22 AM

Yep, it's always been this way I believe. If somehow the Dolphins screwed the pooch and didn't get their card up in the allotted time, I believe the Rams could run up there and acquire the rights to Jake Long.

PhillyChiefFan
04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I thought he signed with the team, they announced how much and everything. That tells me he is off the board period. Is that the wrong assumption?

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I thought he signed with the team, they announced how much and everything. That tells me he is off the board period. Is that the wrong assumption?

I'd say so. You have to actually draft the guy. I'm looking for a link.

Coogs
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
What I'm gonna be annoyed is that they'll give the Dolphins what, 8 minutes of the draft time before announcing it.

Come the f**k on, just announce it right off the bat, and get it the f**k over it.

You know ESPN wants the full 10 minutes to slober all over Parcells.

blueballs
04-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Parcells will have a new hair color to show off

Frankie
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever read in the history of the intranet!!!

Except this is the Internet, which makes your post dumber.

Frankie
04-23-2008, 12:10 PM

That makes sense, I guess.

Dylan
04-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Something tells me that Parcells (with his new hair color), will be wheeling and dealing Jake Long. He'll never keep him. No siree :D

AustinChief
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Yep, it's always been this way I believe. If somehow the Dolphins screwed the pooch and didn't get their card up in the allotted time, I believe the Rams could run up there and acquire the rights to Jake Long.

No, this is incorrect. The official word is that the NFL has never had the first pick signed so early... so they didn't know what to do and decided to tell the RAMS to wait for now... they may change their position before the draft... BUT in either case Jake Long is a OFFICIALLY A DOLPHIN... the RAMS are OFFICIALLY on the clock