PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to play this game now. Draft day trade scenario

milkman
04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Let's say the draft plays out like this.

1.Dolphins-Jake Long
2.Rams-Glen dorsey
3.Falcons-Matt Ryan

Now while the Raiders are trying to decide between Darren McFadden, the Jets call and make a deal to move up to #4 to take McFadden, and the Raiders, of course, move down to #6.

The Chiefs are on the clock now with Long, Vernon Gholston, and Sedrick Ellis to pick from.

The Patriots, wanting Gholston, call and offer to swap picks, and offer the #69 overall (6th pick, third round).

You're the Chiefs, you know that the Raiders will be picking between Long and Ellis, so you also know that one of them will be ther at #7.

Do you make the deal?

Or did I just confuse the hell out of you?

noa
04-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I get what you're saying. Its an interesting scenario. But if we really like one of those guys more than the others (whispers of Herm loving Gholston), then we shouldn't give that player up just for yet another 3rd rounder. Another body is good, but at some point, you have to take the talent you want. Plus, we're going to have to worry about signing 13 rookies as it is.
Also, out of interest for screwing our AFC West rivals, it might be better for us to be in the driver's seat rather than letting the Faiders determine who we draft in that scenario.

Brock
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
If you're guaranteed to end up with Long, Ellis, or Gholston, which is how it appears, it's a deal. Although I guess it depends on which value chart you use.

Coogs
04-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Tough call. I wuold probably make the trade if you know for a fact that Gohlston is going to be the pick for the Pats. he is the one guy I really am not enamored by out of the top 7 or so.

milkman
04-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I get what you're saying. Its an interesting scenario. But if we really like one of those guys more than the others (whispers of Herm loving Gholston), then we shouldn't give that player up just for yet another 3rd rounder. Another body is good, but at some point, you have to take the talent you want. Plus, we're going to have to worry about signing 13 rookies as it is.
Also, out of interest for screwing our AFC West rivals, it might be better for us to be in the driver's seat rather than letting the Faiders determine who we draft in that scenario.

I think that Herman ****ing Edwards is also pretty enamored with Ellis.

I believe that, in this scenario, the Raiders would take Long.

And, right now, we need bodies, and with 8 picks in the first 101, we could come away with the 7 new starters that Herman ****ing Edwards says we need to come away with this offseason.

PhillyChiefFan
04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Choosing between C. Long and S. Ellis is a dream come true for me, either one would have an immediate impact on the DL. plus adding a 3rd?? take it and run. Extra pick and a top 10 pick in ellis, plus another top flite at 17.

noa
04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
If we really have no preference between Ellis and Gholston, then yeah, its a pretty good scenario.

The Franchise
04-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd make that trade for an extra 3rd round pick yes. That would enable us to get either Long or Ellis. We could also use one of those extra 3rds and a lower round pick to move back up into the 2nd if we see somebody we really like.

SBK
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
No, you take Gholston and keep that freak away from the Pats. That way we can watch him perform ocular penetration on Brady in week 1.