PDA

View Full Version : McShay's New Mock!!!!

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
This would be fantastic!

no.5 - Chris Long DE - Virginia
no.17 - Jeff Otah OT - Pittsburgh
no.35 - Brian Brohm QB - Lousiville
no.66 - Pat Sims DE - Auburn
no.73 - Jeremy Zuttah G - Rutgers
no.82 - Terrence Wheatley CB - Colorado

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0423&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26page%3dmcshaymock0423

http://a665.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_6863cbde87e22ecee586b065d1f39538.jpg

CupidStunt
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Not bad at all.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
****ing Otah.

markk
04-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes please

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 01:58 PM
****ing Otah.

I would rather have Ryan Clady as well, but Otah would be fine.

The Franchise
04-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I would rather have Ryan Clady as well, but Otah would be fine.

I'd rather have Chris Williams.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd rather have Chris Williams.

I think Clady could fall to 17... but I seriously doubt Chris Williams will.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Meh.

I'm up in the air on the Brohm pick.

Williams over Otah makes this a much better draft.

Isn't Pat Sims a DT?

Rather see Charles Godfrey @ 66 and someone like Jason Jones in Wheatley's place.

LOVE the Zuttah pick. Can play all three positions, but probably steps in day one as our RG.

noa
04-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, he has Chris Williams going #12, so Otah probably would be a good choice there, even though its a bit of a reach. Still, he'll be a good RT. I'd be happy with it. And Brohm falling to us in the second would be ideal.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Getting Long @ 5 alone puts a smile on my face.

noa
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
For the guys saying Chris Williams, seeing as how he isn't available in this scenario, who would you rather have than Otah? Just curious.

Brock
04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't think Clady goes to the Bears and in fact could end up being available at 17.

Sfeihc
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Getting Long @ 5 alone puts a smile on my face.

yessir:)

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
For the guys saying Chris Williams, seeing as how he isn't available in this scenario, who would you rather have than Otah? Just curious.

I'd have to see the 16 picks before our slot to honestly answer than question.

noa
04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
For some reason, I can't cut and paste it without it looking crazy, but if you click the link, you should be able to see the whole mock. I'm able to view it as a 'free preview' of insider material.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I'd rather have Chris Williams.Yup, put Williams in place of Otah and that would be a great draft.

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
For some reason, I can't cut and paste it without it looking crazy, but if you click the link, you should be able to see the whole mock. I'm able to view it as a 'free preview' of insider material.

Sorry, just assumed it was protected content.

And it took all of a nanosecond to realize who to pick.

Like many others, I devalue the CB position based on our Cover 2 scheme, but if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie falls to 17, you run to the podium and take him.

Use the Brohm pick on Sam Baker.

Long/DRC/Baker does more for this team IMO than Long/Otah/Brohm does.

noa
04-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Like many others, I devalue the CB position based on our Cover 2 scheme, but if Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie falls to 17, you run to the podium and take him.

Use the Brohm pick on Sam Baker.

Long/DRC/Baker does more for this team IMO than Long/Otah/Brohm does.

I like that a lot, too. Opinions seem to be all over the place on him. I've heard some people I trust say he is the best QB prospect and others say avoid at all costs. It just seems to me that if he falls to us in the 2nd, we should take a chance on him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
That would be about as poorly as we could draft with those picks, and it's still alright.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Most mocks have Chiefs taking corner in the 2nd.

interesting.

Still don't know where QB lines up in our decision making.

exciting!

Monty
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Meh.

Not me....would love to see this pan out. I'd take Brohm over Ryan any day of the week. :)

CupidStunt
04-23-2008, 03:20 PM
That would be about as poorly as we could draft with those picks, and it's still alright.

I doubt it. The Chiefs could do a lot worse. I'd take this draft right now simply because I know what the Chiefs could do.

DT Fan
04-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm in the camp that believes Brohm is a legit "Quarterback of the future" for whoever drafts him. But this scenario is not realistic -- there's no way he'll be around at 35. Someone (probably Atlanta) will trade up to get him.

I would be thrilled with Chris Long/Jeff Otah in the first round. I know some here don't like Otah, but I would rather draft a great run-blocking right tackle with a nasty attitude on the field than a potential boom/bust left tackle like Ryan Clady. I realize that first round O linemen are less likely to be busts than other positions, but if one of these guys doesn't pan out, it seems like Clady might be the one just based on his frame and relative inexperience.

I'd be happy with almost anyone talked about at 35 (Baker, one of the CBs, Jackson, even James Hardy) except Joe Flacco, who sounds like one of those typical QB busts that have all the tools but can't read a defense.

Two other things jumped out at me about McShay's mock:
1) Donnie Avery in the fourth round. That sounds like a major steal.
2) He's got us taking Zuttah over Chilo Rachal. That's unusual based on the rankings I've usually seen. I know almost nothing about Zuttah, but his name just sounds like one of those very successful offensive lineman who gets picked in the middle rounds and then by his 4th year in the league is part of a very strong offensive line. (how's that for a reason to pick a guy?)

OnTheWarpath15
04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm in the camp that believes Brohm is a legit "Quarterback of the future" for whoever drafts him. But this scenario is not realistic -- there's no way he'll be around at 35. Someone (probably Atlanta) will trade up to get him.

I would be thrilled with Chris Long/Jeff Otah in the first round. I know some here don't like Otah, but I would rather draft a great run-blocking right tackle with a nasty attitude on the field than a potential boom/bust left tackle like Ryan Clady. I realize that first round O linemen are less likely to be busts than other positions, but if one of these guys doesn't pan out, it seems like Clady might be the one just based on his frame and relative inexperience.

I'd be happy with almost anyone talked about at 35 (Baker, one of the CBs, Jackson, even James Hardy) except Joe Flacco, who sounds like one of those typical QB busts that have all the tools but can't read a defense.

2) He's got us taking Zuttah over Chilo Rachal. That's unusual based on the rankings I've usually seen. I know almost nothing about Zuttah, but his name just sounds like one of those very successful offensive lineman who gets picked in the middle rounds and then by his 4th year in the league is part of a very strong offensive line. (how's that for a reason to pick a guy?)

Good post, n00b. Welcome to the Planet.

Great point about Otah > Clady. I'm not a fan of either, but agree with your point 100%.

Avery would be a great pick in the 4th.

Zuttah is an intriguing pick because he has the ability to play all three positions on the OL.

He's athletic enough to play tackle, but will probably play center or guard in the pros.

milkman
04-23-2008, 03:29 PM

Zuttah is a fairly athletic kid who would probably fit in real well somewhere in Denver's zone blocking schem.

He lacks the strength you'd like to see in a power run scheme that the Chiefs will be running, but in a couple of years, with work, that could be corrected.

He's really kind of a poor man's Brandon Albert.

DT Fan
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Good post, n00b. Welcome to the Planet.

Thanks. Never visited this place before, but intrigue about all the Chiefs picks drew me here and I like the discussion.

Probably should have chosen the name JD fan, though, since I grew up a Cowboys fan (and still root for them), but during Joe Delaney's rookie year I chose the Chiefs as my AFC team because of him and have stuck with them ever since. But DT will always be THE MAN.

aturnis
04-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Why didn't we address WR?

I would like BAA for:

DLine
OT
Corner
WR
OG

With our first 5 picks...in no particular order, sixth probably defense.

Reaper16
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Good stuff. I especially agree re: Otah vs Clady.

Welcome to the Planet.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Why is everyone friggin' giving us Otah? God...he's the next coming of the last slow-footed bastard that gave up sacks by the dozen.

I'd rather have Cromartie, Sweed or what's wrong with Gosder Cherilus? At least he has the feet to play tackle.

BigRock
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Jordy Nelson with the 39th pick?! Come on.

Raiderh8ter77
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Jordy Nelson with the 39th pick?! Come on.

yeah, really dumbshit...he'll go 6th round

LiL stumppy
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I would be OK with this draft.

melbar
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Meh.

Williams over Otah makes this a much better draft.

Isn't Pat Sims a DT?

Rather see Charles Godfrey @ 66 and someone like Jason Jones in Wheatley's place.

LOVE the Zuttah pick. Can play all three positions, but probably steps in day one as our RG.

I agree. there are some better choices than Sims at that spot. Cousins, Caldwell and Nicks would be better choices at that spot in this scenario IMO.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Chris Long and Jeff Otah would be a huge start. I don't like the rest of his draft for us much.

Molitoth
04-24-2008, 07:46 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chris Meck
04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Sam Baker is going to be this year's Marcus Mcneal. The LT that's too this, too that, but played well in school and is a smart hard worker. and he'll slip into the 2nd, and someone will insert him into their lineup day one and not worry about LT for the next ten years.

DT Fan
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Sam Baker is going to be this year's Marcus Mcneal. The LT that's too this, too that, but played well in school and is a smart hard worker. and he'll slip into the 2nd, and someone will insert him into their lineup day one and not worry about LT for the next ten years.

Agreed. If you think about all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and lower picks succeeding in the NFL, especially on the O-Line, there's a reason they all weren't first round picks. Sometimes it's because the player was still learning the game and not ready to contribute yet (like Jared Allen), but usually it's because the player is too this or too that.

Baker will be productive for a lot of years, and I think his linemate Rachal, too. would love to reunite those guys for the next 10 years in Chiefs uniforms.

Chris Meck
04-24-2008, 01:00 PM
It's not bad, but we've got two young QB's in development already. I think I'd skip QB this year.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Baker reminds me alot of John Alt. Not a Hall of Famber, a couple of Pro Bowl seasons but somebody who will be a darn good LT for many years.