PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV karate kid remake with will smith

Demonpenz
04-23-2008, 07:05 PM
It looks like Will Smith is going to be all over the remake of the Karate Kid. Today we learn that he will not only be producing, but also directing the project. We get the scoop from our friends at moviesonline:

Will Smith is in fact going to direct the upcoming Karate Kid movie according to production notes. His son Jaden Smith will also star. There has been alot of past speculation on who would star, and who would direct but it would seem the speculation can now end. Overbook Entertainment have Will Smith listed as the director and Jaden Smith as its star.

Will Smith has had quite the journey. If you would have told me back in the day, that The Fresh Prince would be directing a remake of the Karate Kid in the future (as the Kung Fu Kid); I would of called you a liar and a prophet of questionable ability. But here we are, and it looks like Mr. Smith’s directorial debut on a feature film, will be alongside his son and Jackie Chan or Steven Chow.

Steven Chow has confirmed that he is in talks to play Mr. Miyagi and we get his words on the matter today via themoviehole:

Martial arts magnate Stephen Chow (“Kung Fu Hustle”) has confirmed online rumours that he’s in talks to play wise and wrinkly warrior Mr Myiagi in a ‘’Karate Kid’’ remake.

“I’m very fond of ‘The Karate Kid’ and would love to join in the remake project, no matter as a producer, director or actor”, says Chow. “But it depends on my schedule. As you know, next year I will work on two movies, ‘Dragon Ball’ and ‘Journey to the West.’”

So it is not yet confirmed that Chow will be Miyagi, but he is certainly still in the running. Chan is a high octane contender however and although both men are great choices, I think I would prefer the pastoral Chan for the role of Kung Fu Master. Lots of news out today regarding this project and we will have to hope that they walk with the wisdom of Macchio to create a film that pays tribute to the original.

Adept Havelock
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I usually enjoy his films, but I'll give this remake a pass.

Hammock Parties
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I was sure this was a demonpenz fakepost. Then I googled and the horror became reality.

Sure-Oz
04-23-2008, 08:33 PM
So his son will be karate kid??

88TG88
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Why are the sullying the sanctity of Karate Kid ?

Sure-Oz
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
No one can ever top ralph maccio being a weak bitch and miyagi's badassness

its like remaking chuck norris/gholston

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
This is for real??? Has to be some kind of joke.....right???

ChiefsFanatic
04-23-2008, 08:45 PM
It looks like Will Smith is going to be all over the remake of the Karate Kid. Today we learn that he will not only be producing, but also directing the project. We get the scoop from our friends at moviesonline:

Will Smith is in fact going to direct the upcoming Karate Kid movie according to production notes. His son Jaden Smith will also star. There has been alot of past speculation on who would star, and who would direct but it would seem the speculation can now end. Overbook Entertainment have Will Smith listed as the director and Jaden Smith as its star.

Will Smith has had quite the journey. If you would have told me back in the day, that The Fresh Prince would be directing a remake of the Karate Kid in the future (as the Kung Fu Kid); I would of called you a liar and a prophet of questionable ability. But here we are, and it looks like Mr. Smith’s directorial debut on a feature film, will be alongside his son and Jackie Chan or Steven Chow.

Steven Chow has confirmed that he is in talks to play Mr. Miyagi and we get his words on the matter today via themoviehole:

Martial arts magnate Stephen Chow (“Kung Fu Hustle”) has confirmed online rumours that he’s in talks to play wise and wrinkly warrior Mr Myiagi in a ‘’Karate Kid’’ remake.

“I’m very fond of ‘The Karate Kid’ and would love to join in the remake project, no matter as a producer, director or actor”, says Chow. “But it depends on my schedule. As you know, next year I will work on two movies, ‘Dragon Ball’ and ‘Journey to the West.’”

So it is not yet confirmed that Chow will be Miyagi, but he is certainly still in the running. Chan is a high octane contender however and although both men are great choices, I think I would prefer the pastoral Chan for the role of Kung Fu Master. Lots of news out today regarding this project and we will have to hope that they walk with the wisdom of Macchio to create a film that pays tribute to the original.

Except for Wild Wild West, Will Smith makes gold, so I will be open minded. Also, I can't wait to see Hancock.

ZootedGranny
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
#7,421 in my infinite part series, "WHO THE **** ASKED FOR THIS?"

88TG88
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Except for Wild Wild West, Will Smith makes gold, so I will be open minded. Also, I can't wait to see Hancock.

MIB 1 and 2 were pretty f'ing terrible.

Brock
04-23-2008, 08:59 PM
What a ****ing asshole.

Brock
04-23-2008, 09:00 PM

WTF, he's never made a good movie. Ever.

ChiefsFanatic
04-23-2008, 09:05 PM

Well, Six Degrees of Separation, Independence Day, Pursuit of Happyness, Ali, Bad Boys, Men in Black (not the sequel) are all pretty good in my opinion, and I am predicting Hancock will be amazing.

UteChief
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I really liked I, Robot. But I didn't read the book.

KCChiefsMan
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM

oh come on

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, Six Degrees of Separation, Independence Day, Pursuit of Happyness, Ali, Bad Boys, Men in Black (not the sequel) are all pretty good in my opinion, and I am predicting Hancock will be amazing.

No love for Made in America, Hitch, Enemy of the State, Legend of bagger Vance or I am Legend??

ChiefsFanatic
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM
No love for Made in America, Hitch, Enemy of the State, Legend of bagger Vance or I am Legend??

I forgot Hitch, that was really a pretty decent movie. Made in America was horrible, and Bagger Vance was just ruined by Matt Damon.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I wonder how many movies Will Smith has uttered the line: ??

Awwwwwww.....Hell NO!!

ChiefsFanatic
04-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I wonder how many movies Will Smith has uttered the line: ??

Awwwwwww.....Hell NO!!

Not Enough! :D

Baby Lee
04-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Sweep the leg!!!

BigRock
04-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Why can't Will play Mr. Myiagi? Remember those Fresh Prince episodes where he'd teach Ashley how to fight and have her act like she had a nervous tick and all that.

"MIND YO' BIDNESS. THAT'S ALL. JUST MIND YO' BIDNESS."

HypnotizedMonkey
04-24-2008, 05:11 AM
you can't replace Elizabeth Shue.

you got the number rolled yet Johnny???

04-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Why remake this movie. It is fine the way it is.

Baby Lee
04-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Why remake this movie. It is fine the way it is.

Big Willie's gon' infuse it wit' da new hotness.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Sweep the leg!!!

Which reminds me....Anyone see this video that was made a year or two ago by the band No More Kings. Sweep the Leg.

It stars several of the old stars of Karate Kid. Nice Nostalgia factor....

Dont forget to watch the very end for a "special guest star"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFlQNtL8F9s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFlQNtL8F9s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>