PDA

View Full Version : Football Help me choose a new favorite NFL team.

UteChief
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
This is just a question. So don't get your panties in a twist.

Assume you are a big fan of football and the NFL but don't have a favorite team. Who would you choose? Below are a few questions I want you to consider.

1. You don't live in an NFL market?
2. The team to be named needs to be in a location you could vacation at? (So you can attend games)
3. A playoff win within the past ten years would be a bonus.
4. You don't have a GM in year ? (above 10) in a four year plan.
5. You didn't just trade your best defensive player.

Okay the last three are because I'm bitter.

6. The team can not be in the AFC West.

Any other questions you feel would help assist in your choosing please add.

Who would it be?

Direckshun
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
The Giants seem to be rich in bandwagon friends.

Knock yourself out. Send us a postcard alerting us to which team you like the year after that.

sportsman1
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
My second favorite team, The Tennessee Titans.

Nashville: decent vacation spot.
Played in Super Bowl 34, one of the best Bowls.
Traded Pacman Jones but for good reason.
Isn't in rebuilding plan. Only getting better.

milkman
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
The Pack

banyon
You could catch the Browns on the way up. Oh wait you'd have to visit Cleveland (sorry, Cleveland Bronco).

KCChiefsMan
you don't really have criteria of how to become a fan of a team. It just kind of happens.

JBucc
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
If the Chiefs died, I'd go with the Titans. They're only a state over and seem like a well run organization for the most part, but not good enough that I'd be accused of being a bandwagoner.

noa
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Stick with the Chiefs because when we eventually win the Superbowl, it will be after many, many years of suffering, and will be that much sweeter.

Brianfo
04-23-2008, 09:00 PM
If you aren't a Chiefs fan get the hell of this board.

BigVE
04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
If you want a new team just wait till after this draft...there will be ALL SORTS of new players/faces to get aquainted with right here in KC.

banyon
04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
If you want a new team just wait till after this draft...there will be ALL SORTS of new players/faces to get aquainted with right here in KC.

But the same GM.

:sulk:

Smed1065
04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
The new LA team.

UteChief
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Ok, let me say I am a Chiefs fan. The reason I asked is because I was bitching to my friend and he asked me why I still liked the Chiefs. Then we were talking about how to pick favorite teams. I just wanted opinions.

Smed1065
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Ok, let me say I am a Chiefs fan. The reason I asked is because I was bitching to my friend and he asked me why I still liked the Chiefs. Then we were talking about how to pick favorite teams. I just wanted opinions.

Usually the one of the first teams you watch and had something about your background that you relate to.

TEX
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
The Cowboys. I like watching them play.

UteChief
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Usually the one of the first teams you watch and had something about your background that you relate to.

Yeah, I became a Chiefs fan because of Joe Montana. I thought it was cool we shared the same name and when he came over to the Chiefs was right around the time I started paying attention to football.

Molitoth
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Sux my second fav team is the Lions.

Tits McGee
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Bears, great defense and exciting special teams with a sub par offense, ring a bell?

banyon
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Sux my second fav team is the Lions.

Matt Millen AND Carl Peterson. :eek:

Delano
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
I watch a lot of Vikings football because I live in their television broadcast area.

I'll be able to watch Allen every game this year.

The Vikings are not my NFC favorite or anything, but I watch them frequently.

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Packers and Titans are my second favorites. Rams I just kind of follow bc we are in their area but I hate their fans.

keg in kc
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Back before I moved here, when I was a bandwagon fan, the Cowboys were my team.

Of course, at that time they were going 1-15. I just happened to live in an area where everybody loved the Redskins, and being contrarian...

Being an ass got me 3 superbowls, so it wasn't all bad. I'm not sure if that's made being a Chiefs fan easier, or harder. I know what it feels like for 'my' team to win the Superbowl. And since I went to college in Virginia, about 90 minutes south of DC, I was always the only Cowboy fan in a hostile room. Which can feel really, really great in January as you romp the Bills.

Once I moved here, to a town with a local team, I adopted them. And I'd expect that if I ever move, I'll stay a Chiefs fan. I've spent way too much time reading about them, listening to local radio and shooting this shit on this here int3rw3b to change my stripes now.

And the Cowboys? I couldn't even tell you who plays for them now.

KCwolf
04-23-2008, 10:00 PM
This is just a question. So don't get your panties in a twist.

Assume you are a big fan of football and the NFL but don't have a favorite team. Who would you choose? Below are a few questions I want you to consider.

1. You don't live in an NFL market?
2. The team to be named needs to be in a location you could vacation at? (So you can attend games)
3. A playoff win within the past ten years would be a bonus.
4. You don't have a GM in year ? (above 10) in a four year plan.
5. You didn't just trade your best defensive player.

Okay the last three are because I'm bitter.

6. The team can not be in the AFC West.

Any other questions you feel would help assist in your choosing please add.

Who would it be?

Die Hard Idiot Chiefs fan who will live and die regardless.......BUT....if I had a seperate heart and could give my soul to another......I could vision me being a JAX fan. Love the coach, Love the QB and really really think this team is on the way up quick.

ClevelandBronco
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
The Browns.

Spicy McHaggis
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
The Packers. It's kinda like KC up here but the team wins more often.

banyon
04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
The Browns.

That's out. Didn't you see my post. :p

Silock
04-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Count me in as a secondary Titans fan. I used to live in Nashville and got to know a few of the players while I was working out there. I always root for them unless they play the Chiefs.

Pablo
04-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I've always been a Packers fan as well of sorts. Probably because Favre was the sh*t my whole childhood. But based on those criteria, I'd probably go with the Buccaneers.

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
I think its funny that most of say the Packers and Titans. Packers with their fan support is very similar to the Chiefs, and the Titan/Oilers history they probally get screwed over as often as we do. Must be a curse of the original AFL put on Lamar and Bud Adams.

unothadeal
04-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I became a Chiefs fan because of Joe Montana. I thought it was cool we shared the same name and when he came over to the Chiefs was right around the time I started paying attention to football.

Your name's Joe Clifford Montana Jr. too?!

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Speaking of Salt Lake City, what is team that gets the most coverage there? I would assume its Dungver.

RealSNR
04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Gotta love an old-school team like the Packers. Town owns the team and will never ****ing sell them to another city. New stadium, and the fans are in the seats in below 0 degree temperatures in the winter. Gotta love a fanbase like that.

That, and they're a good team right now.

banyon
04-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Canton Bulldogs

04-23-2008, 11:38 PM
St. Louis is the only one close enough to me that qualifies and I refuse to be a fan of theirs.

I guess I could select Chicago but I don't see myself traveling there in the winter.

Dylan
04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
UteChief:

Pick the Giants. Our teams hardly ever play each other.

No Respect, No Stars, Exciting, Battle Tested :D

http://i31.tinypic.com/i750s4.jpg

B_Ambuehl
04-24-2008, 12:47 AM
I am a diehard fan of one team, the chiefs, but also have other teams I root far. As far as that goes I've found over the years I become a fan of coaches and systems moreso than teams. As long as a team is running things the way I see fit I'm a fan. As soon as I get disgruntled it's just too frustrating for me. For example, I've sort of been a Cowboys watcher the last few years and in '06 I was convinced Parcells was really holding that team back with his outdated playcalling on both sides of the ball. Sean Payton goes to N.O. and runs the #1 offense his first year there yet couldn't do shit in Dallas. Dallas had similar defensive talent to S.D. but their numbers were piss poor. So I was REAL interested last year in seeing what would happen when Wade Phillips came to town and installed that 3-4. I was particularly interested in seeing what type of player DeMarcus Ware would be in that system. I wasn't disappointed. Ware turns into a better player than Merriman and Cowboys dominate on both sides of the ball...improved schemes and play calling on both sides that I agree with. I also watch and root for San Diego because of the schemes and personnel they run.

The Chiefs have my heart but I find it becomes more difficult each year because I don't really agree with much of what they're doing and it's impossible for me to just "watch" a game and enjoy it and not think of what should've and could've been with regard to players, moves, play calling, or any number of other things.

ClevelandBronco
04-24-2008, 12:53 AM
The new LA team.

The Chiefs?

I don't think that makes much sense in this case.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm extremely dissapointed that this hasn't already been done.

RealSNR
04-24-2008, 01:56 AM
UteChief:

Pick the Giants. Our teams hardly ever play each other.

No Respect, No Stars, Exciting, Battle Tested :D

http://i31.tinypic.com/i750s4.jpgAre you embarassed by your QB or something?

Dylan
04-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Are you embarassed by your QB or something?

You don't think I made that signature, did you? I stole it... watch someone come running in here and hunt me down. the hell with them :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/2351308686_133b2a8113.jpg?v=0]

Discuss Thrower
04-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Houston Texans... Only because of the prior team with the same name. And I like the Cowhead.

Chief Pote
04-24-2008, 05:21 AM
1) Chiefs
2) Green Bay Packers
3) Bengals, only cuz I live in the state of Ohio

MTG#10
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
My second team has always been the 49ers. I dont know why, Ive never been to Cali, Im not a big fan of the homosexual lifestyle, I have just always rooted for them unless they're playing KC. It was probably their colors and Joe Montana that got me.

El Jefe
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
I would say the Cleveland Clowns are my second favorite team. Grew up watching the Browns every Sunday, have followed them throughout my lifetime, and live a few hours from the stadium.

El Jefe
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
My second team has always been the 49ers. I dont know why, Ive never been to Cali, Im not a big fan of the homosexual lifestyle, I have just always rooted for them unless they're playing KC. It was probably their colors and Joe Montana that got me.

LMAO

ChiefsFan4Life
04-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I dont know why, but I find that the Jags are my second favorite team

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Saints

StcChief
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
DaBears

Dartgod
04-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Stick with the Chiefs because when we eventually win the Superbowl, it will be after many, many years of suffering, and will be that much sweeter.
And then the nurse will come in a change your diaper.

blueballs
04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Just wear gray
and bend with the wind

UteChief
04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Speaking of Salt Lake City, what is team that gets the most coverage there? I would assume its Dungver.

Yeah, it's Denver and for some God awful reason we get a lot of Raiders coverage too.

UteChief
04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm extremely dissapointed that this hasn't already been done.

What the hell is that? Or Who?

Rain Man
04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd go with the Vikings, but that's just because my favorite player plays for them.

Skip Towne
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
you don't really have criteria of how to become a fan of a team. It just kind of happens.

Yep, in my case the Chiefs came to me. I was a Cowboy and Bear fan before the Chiefs moved in next door.