PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Wife and Kids almost hit by Lightning last night while driving

teedubya
04-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Man, my wife and kids were on 50 headed towards 470 when a blast of lightning hit RIGHT behind them on the highway. My wife estimates less than 10 feet away.

My two year old kept going, Daddy! Light! Boom! Light! Big Light!

My 6 year old son, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Im just thankful that my entire family is still alive and didn't get hit by a huge bolt of lightning.

Man, if she had left just a bit later... or was driving a bit slower... unreal.

Thank you God! :eek:

Mr. Plow
04-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Glad they are all safe. Close calls make you think.

'Hamas' Jenkins
It would have made no difference had the car gotten struck. Planes get struck all the time with no adverse effects.

ChiefsFan4Life
It would have made no difference had the car gotten struck. Planes get struck all the time with no adverse effects.

That's what I was thinking

For some reason I think Ari is picturing the entire car exploding and going up in flames

Frosty
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Glad they are okay but they weren't really in any kind of danger. The car body acts as a Faraday cage and directs the lightning around the occupants. It might have dicked up your car's electronics, though.

When I was a kid, we were on vacation and the Bug were riding in was hit by lightning. Didn't hurt anything but scared the crap out of my dad. :)

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Wow. Glad to hear the family is safe. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM

zactly

teedubya
04-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I envisioned Explosions and mass carnage. Shows how much I know about electricity. heh.

Dartgod
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I envisioned Explosions and mass carnage. Shows how much I know about electricity. heh.
Hollywood will do that to people.

Redrum_69
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Did they take any pictures?

siberian khatru
04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
That will teach you to post anti-MU threads.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 10:10 AM

ROFL

PhillyChiefFan
04-24-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm really glad you all are ok!

DeezNutz
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
From what I understand, a car is one of the safest places to be if one finds himself caught in a lightning storm. Glad your family is ok, though.

morphius
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Well, even if it wouldn't have caused an explosion I could see some panic and crashing the vehicle, so I'm glad your family is okay dude. Nothing worse than worrying about your kids.

MOhillbilly
04-24-2008, 10:26 AM
i got hit by lightning once, im all better now.

seclark
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM

yeah, but how'd the lightning come out of it mo?
sec

Adept Havelock
04-24-2008, 10:31 AM

LMAO Rep.

AC- They really were not at risk, but glad to hear they (and the Car's electronics) are OK.

StcChief
04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
yet another sign from God he hates the Chiefs, KU and their fans, beware :D

stlchiefs
04-24-2008, 10:45 AM

That explains a lot.

ROYC75
04-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Glad they are okay but they weren't really in any kind of danger. The car body acts as a Faraday cage and directs the lightning around the occupants. It might have dicked up your car's electronics, though.

When I was a kid, we were on vacation and the Bug were riding in was hit by lightning. Didn't hurt anything but scared the crap out of my dad. :)

Yep, plus the car had for rubber insulators on it. .....

ROYC75
04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I was on patrol one night,parked about 100 feet from a light pole with a transformer on it...... talking about lighting up the area. That was wild and scary at first until I seen what had happened.

teedubya
04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, even if it wouldn't have caused an explosion I could see some panic and crashing the vehicle, so I'm glad your family is okay dude. Nothing worse than worrying about your kids.

yeah, that is more of my line of thinking... I could see my wife taking her hands off the wheel, putting her hands on her face ala Macaluy Culkin - Home Alone and screaming, "Oh NoooooOOOooOOoes!!!!11"

So her wrecking seemed more plausible than the car exploding. she said it was in her rear view mirror like 5 feet away... she thinks that the car behind her did wreck... so who knows?

Simply Red
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM

ROFL

ChiefsFan4Life
04-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Best lightning story I have happened in high school

There was one kid who everyone hated on the tennis team and he always talked shit and thought he was the shit

Well, coach tells us to practice even though it looks like it is going to rain any minute

So we're out on the tennis court, next thing you know, a lighting bolt strikes the fencing around the court and someone got to JUST this one kid's tennis racket through the metal and he drops to the ground. We were sort of scared for him at first, but it turns out he was ok so it was the greatest thing that that douchebag is the one who got affected by it

Redrum_69
04-24-2008, 11:18 AM
"So we're out on the tennis court, next thing you know, a lighting bolt strikes the fencing around the court and someone got to JUST this one kid's tennis racket through the metal and he drops to the ground. We were sort of scared for him at first, but it turns out he was ok so it was the greatest thing that that douchebag is the one who got affected by it"

You should write for WPI

ChiefsFan4Life
04-24-2008, 11:19 AM
"So we're out on the tennis court, next thing you know, a lighting bolt strikes the fencing around the court and someone got to JUST this one kid's tennis racket through the metal and he drops to the ground. We were sort of scared for him at first, but it turns out he was ok so it was the greatest thing that that douchebag is the one who got affected by it"

You should write for WPI

You should die.

Dartgod
04-24-2008, 11:29 AM
You should write for WPI
I was thinking the same thing. What the hell does this part mean?
...and someone got to JUST this one kid's tennis racket through the metal...

ChiefsFan4Life
04-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing. What the hell does this part mean?

It's supposed to be somehow