PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Rams leaning towards Chris Long?

Coogs
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
This is from nfl.com from about an hour and a half ago.

Gil Brandt: After spending some quality time last night with the six draft prospects who are here in New York as guests of the NFL, I accompanied some of them to Wall Street this morning as they rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Even before that, I was on the phone with a team executive who said he believes the Rams will be taking Virginia DE Chris Long with the second overall pick.

If that is the case, Chris Long and Jake Long, who is already signed as Miami's pick with the No. 1 selection, will become the first pair of players with the same surname to be taken with the first two picks in the draft.

It would be the fourth time ever that players with the same last name have gone back-to-back at any point in the draft. The last time it happened was in 2006, when Leon Williams was drafted in the fourth round by Cleveland, followed by Demetrius Williams by the Ravens. -- Gil Brandt

Sully
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
That'd be sweet. It'd probably give us either Dorsey or Ryan... or a choice between both...

Sure-Oz
That'd be sweet. It'd probably give us either Dorsey or Ryan... or a choice between both...

The raiders wouldn't want Dorsey??

KCChiefsMan
you know they are either taking Dorsey or Long

Coogs

Yep!

Sully
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
The raiders wouldn't want Dorsey??

They might, but Mecca brought up something the other day that made a lot of sense. With their SC connections, they may pounce on Ellis instead. At this point, you take every hint of info and turn it into speculation, and that's my piece right there.

OnTheWarpath15
If the Rams took Long, you'd have to think that Atlanta would take Dorsey, and the Raiders would take either Gholston or McFadden.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Atlanta takes Dorsey or Ryan and Oakland takes McFadden or Gholston.

A worst-case-scenario of Dorsey, McFadden, Gholston, or Ryan is a pretty good case.

I'm just glad that the two "safe" picks went 1 and 2, and we've got a chance to land an explosive defender, whether it be one of the D-Tackles or Gholston.

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
If the Rams don't take Dorsey then Atlanta will, IMO. This could just be posturing for a trade down - I still see St. Louis taking Dorsey.

OnTheWarpath15
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
They might, but Mecca brought up something the other day that made a lot of sense. With their SC connections, they may pounce on Ellis instead. At this point, you take every hint of info and turn it into speculation, and that's my piece right there.

This is a great point as well.

One of the following will be there:

Gholston, Ryan or Ellis.

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2008, 01:00 PM
If the Rams took Long I could see it playing out like this:

1. Miami - Jake Long
2. St. Louis - Chris Long
3. Atlanta - Glenn Dorsey
4. Baltimore/NYJ - Matt Ryan

or if the Rams take Dorsey:

1. Miami - Jake Long
2. St. Louis - Glenn Dorsey
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4. Oakland - Gholston/McFadden/Long

Absolute best-case scenario that I don't see happening:

1. Miami - Jake Long
2. St. Louis - Chris Long
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4. Oakland - McFadden/Gholston
5. KC - Dorsey

CupidStunt
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
"League sources" "report" one thing to one guy, like Brandt, and one thing to another. I've been hearing that Dorsey is the choice from guys like Schefter.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Atlanta takes Dorsey or Ryan and Oakland takes McFadden or Gholston.

A worst-case-scenario of Dorsey, McFadden, Gholston, or Ryan is a pretty good case.

I'm just glad that the two "safe" picks went 1 and 2, and we've got a chance to land an explosive defender, whether it be one of the D-Tackles or Gholston.

What are the odds we **** up the pick and get an OT or trade down far?? I worry about that alot

Anyong Bluth
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, Gil, way to put that research department to use! 'uckin' waste of words / story filler.

Otherwise, that kinda sucks, I wanted Chris Long, and thought he'd be the same pedigree of non-stop motor guy like JA. Plus, his pops def. didn't raise him without giving him some instruction, and it'd be great to stick it to the Raidas

This is from nfl.com from about an hour and a half ago.

Gil Brandt: After spending some quality time last night with the six draft prospects who are here in New York as guests of the NFL, I accompanied some of them to Wall Street this morning as they rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Even before that, I was on the phone with a team executive who said he believes the Rams will be taking Virginia DE Chris Long with the second overall pick.

If that is the case, Chris Long and Jake Long, who is already signed as Miami's pick with the No. 1 selection, will become the first pair of players with the same surname to be taken with the first two picks in the draft.

It would be the fourth time ever that players with the same last name have gone back-to-back at any point in the draft. The last time it happened was in 2006, when Leon Williams was drafted in the fourth round by Cleveland, followed by Demetrius Williams by the Ravens. -- Gil Brandt

alanm
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
If the Rams took Long, you'd have to think that Atlanta would take Dorsey, and the Raiders would take either Gholston or McFadden.
I still expect Atlanta to take Ryan. I think it will be Blanks call so he can wash the Vick taste out of his mouth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2008, 01:27 PM
What are the odds we **** up the pick and get an OT or trade down far?? I worry about that alot

This is the one time of year I trust Herm, and I trust him not to trade down past the elite prospects to pick up a piece of shit like Clady or a project like Albert.

Anyong Bluth
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
This is the one time of year I trust Herm, and I trust him not to trade down past the elite prospects to pick up a piece of shit like Clady or a project like Albert.

:clap: Exactly, your 1st rounder shouldn't be a "project." I think the hair gel has finally seeped into Kiper's brain after years of endlessly slathering it on his mound of helmet hair.

I can see him exchanging text messages with Barry Melrose- chatting about their best hair tips, and giggling like little school girls.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/melrose_b.jpghttp://images.radcity.net/5176/936598.jpg