PDA

View Full Version : Players You're High On

Direckshun
04-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Day before the Draft, let's have fun.

Try to pick players from one round each that you're high on. Obviously we're all high on high rounders, but across the board, who are you higher on than most people are?

1st round -- I love James Hardy. The guy is powerful, measurables are off the charts, and he's got an incredible ceiling.

2nd round -- I'm high on Early Doucet, another WR who doesn't sport all the measurables but is a savvy underneathe receiver who's an immaculate route runner. I also like Erin Henderson as an OLB -- I think he'd be great on the weak side.

3rd round -- Tony Hills is my guy at left tackle. I believe he should be a 2nd rounder but people are putting him at third so there I go. In terms of sheer athleticism, he's one of the top two or three OTs in the entire Draft. Real nasty guy, too. I also think Josh Johnson has a chance to be something incredibly special with proper coaching.

4th round -- MLB Beau Bell is an underrated stud-in-the-making from UNLV. He's fast, he's tough, he's smart, and he plays bigger as the games get bigger.

5th round -- I splooged all over the mock draft over Mike Hart. Technically I think he's 4th round material, but I honestly don't know anybody else who feels that way. How could you know this guy, and watch his passion on the field, and not want him on your team?

6th round -- K Taylor Mehlhaff. Guy is accurate and has been accurate in the worst weather in the NFL. Nerves of steel, and has made a good percentage of kicks from beyond 45. I also like Kevin O'Connell from San Diego State.

7th round -- SS Caleb Campbell, who I've already talked about in another thread.

philfree
04-25-2008, 07:08 PM
@ pick #73 Jerome Simpson WR from East Carolina. He has the longest arms and the biggest hands of any WR in this draft. His hands 11" and that's incredible.

PhilFree:arrow:

eazyb81
04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
I really like the value a lot of the 2-4 round WRs offer. Guys like Earl Bennett and Early Doucett could be great if they are in the right system.

For RB, I think Steve Slaton has been knocked down too much, probably due to getting overshadowed a bit by Noel Devine this past season. But I have no doubt this guy can excel at the next level and I would absolutely love to see us take him with a mid-round pick.

For CB, my personal fave is Tracy Porter. He's not as refined as the top guys, but he's one hell of an athlete and I think that alone will help him match up well with NFL WRs. Once he learns better technique, he could be great.

That's all that comes to my mind right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Matt Forte, Tyvon Branch, Arman Shields, Bryan Johnston, Jalen Parmele, Kerry Brown, Kory Lichtensteiger, and Thomas DeCoud.

Frosty
04-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't really have one for each round but I would really like to pick up LaVelle Hawkins. I think he is supposed to go late 2nd, early 3rd.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 12:16 AM
The aforementioned Doucet, Forte, and Branch would definitely be on my list, and Kevin Smith still seems to be ridiculously undervalued.

Antwaun Molden and Josh Johnson are interesting I-AA guys, but I don't really know enough about them to be too "high" on them.

suds79
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm not quite sure where all these guys will go but I'm high on the following.

James Hardy - 6'6 217. Tall WR who can absolutely go up and get it. Good 40 time. Was pretty productive at Indiana. The typical NFL WR you look for.

Chad Henne - big strong QB. Good arm. Played in an NFL style offense. Has a lot of experience. And Michigan's former system tended to be good training for producing NFL quality QBs.

Jamal Charles - This guy simply looks a step quicker and a little faster than most other RBs IMO. I think a team could end up with a 2nd to mid round steal with this guy.

Anthony Collins - 6'5 317. Big dude. All big 12 1st team selection. Outland Trophy finalist.

Adarius Bowman - 6'4 220. I'm not letting one bad Senior Bowl change my opinion of a guy who got it done for 2 years straight. This guy is a physical beast.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I hope we can get our hands on Brian Brohm in the 2nd round.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Dwight Lowery, Xavier Omon, Lavelle Hawkins

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 02:33 AM
I hope we can get our hands on Brian Brohm in the 2nd round.I find it hard to believe he's going to fall, but it would be sweet to snag him at #35.

Zouk
04-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Brian Johnston, DeSean Jackson, Erik Ainge, Jonathan Stewart, Gosder Cherilus, Mike McGlynn, Jason Jones, Jonathan Goff, Brandon Flowers, Tyvon Branch

milkman
04-26-2008, 06:58 AM
I know he's jumped up the board, but I was really high on Brandon Albert, and was projecting him as an OT before anyone, anywhere.

I also really like Donnie Avery, WR, Houston.

Great speed and hands, just needs some work on route running.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 07:30 AM
i don't know, but I want a WR in the 3rd or 4th...

KevB
04-26-2008, 07:30 AM
I love Jordy Nelson. He would be a really nice #2, and a guy that does everything well (including special teams).

I'd really like to see Hardy at #35, big time potential.

As a later QB, I like Erik Ainge.

I like what Tyvon Branch brings to the table for the value assuming he's 3rd or 4th round.

Mike McGlynn brings a lot of versatility along the o-line, so he would be a nice fit.

Quentin Groves is a monster when he's right physically.

Ali Highsmith sure made a lot of plays at the highest level in spite of his measurables.

If they're bent on taking a fullback, you could do worse than Owen Schmitt.

Chris Johnson is really explosive, but I think his value has jumped up too high to be a value pick.

Kellen Davis fits the part at TE physically, and I saw him make quite a few plays in the games I saw of Michigan St.

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't the answer to "players you are high on be obvious?

It's Limas Sweed.

:shake:

Zouk
04-26-2008, 08:33 AM
I know he's jumped up the board, but I was really high on Brandon Albert, and was projecting him as an OT before anyone, anywhere.

I also really like Donnie Avery, WR, Houston.

Great speed and hands, just needs some work on route running.

You were right on Albert, and it loks like you're also right on Avery. Tony Pauline is reporting this morning that he's hearing Avery to the Bucs or Packers at the end of round 1. Speed kills.

http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=137

Chiefnj2
04-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Round 2 + guys = Connor, Hardy, Branch, Johnson, Lynch, Brown, Bierman, Hawkins, Stevens, Dizon, Bryant, Zuttah, Greco, Cousins, Rice.

Sfeihc
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
In no particular order; Lavelle Hawkins WR, CAL, Jalen Parmele RB, Toledo, K. Lichtenstiger C, BGSU, James Jones DE, EMU, S. Keglar LB, Purdue, E. Butler LB, Nevada, Trae Williams CB, USF, E. Bennett WR,, Vandy, C. Campbell SS, Army, Marcus Griffin S, Texas, D. Barber S, UM, B. Williams S Buthune-Cookman and Craig Stevens TE, CAL.

Stewie
04-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Anthony Collins - 6'5 317. Big dude. All big 12 1st team selection. Outland Trophy finalist.

If we could get him with a 3rd I'd be ecstatic.