PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Since Long is now predicted to go at #2...

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:19 AM
... could we possibly see the Chiefs trading up to #3 and picking up Dorsey ahead of Oakland?

That would be a safe trade for Atlanta as OAK won't be picking up another QB... at least not in the first.

If so... what will it cost us? a 1st (5th) and 3rd?

What about the possibility of ATL taking Ryan and OAK taking McFadden?

If this has been discussed... my apologies. I am not about to read through 15 pages of threads for this answer.

:D

Mecca
04-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Atlanta wants Dorsey so....what do you think?

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Atlanta wants Dorsey so....what do you think?

I think they will take Ryan ahead of Dorsey. They desperately need a QB and Ryan is the top QB available.

Who would they get next year.... Booty? *blech*

Mecca
04-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Their head coach was Jacksonvilles DC, once again, what do you think?

They have 3 2nd rounders which means they could likely move back into the late first for Brohm.

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:32 AM

They have 3 2nd rounders which means they could likely move back into the late first for Brohm.

Based on what I just heard on the NFL Network.... Atlanta has a bigger hard-on for Ryan than they do Dorsey. The talking heads at NFLNW had Dorsey falling to OAK which is what prompted my initial question.

The fact that their HC was a DC means nothing.

When Vermiel (an Offensive minded coach) came to KC his first pick was a DT (Downing).

The following year his first 2 picks were defensive players... DT (Sims) & DE (Freeman).

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Hell... Hermies first draft ( a D HC if there ever was one)

D. Bowe

I would think that a team would pick to fill the biggest need.... not whatever player is available that best suits the HC's experience.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Um drafting for need is how you have bad drafts, especially that high.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Hell... Hermies first draft ( a D HC if there ever was one)

D. Bowe

I would think that a team would pick to fill the biggest need.... not whatever player is available that best suits the HC's experience.

Then who choose Hali in the first round of 2006?

Or Bernard Pollard in the second round of 2006?

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Based on what I just heard on the NFL Network

Do you trust Oprah Winfrey for your news as well?

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:55 AM

Because Ryan would ruin their Franchise?

Its not like Ryan is a reach at #3.... much less at #5.

Shockley, D.J. 3 QB 6-0 214 24 2 Georgia
Redman, Chris 8 QB 6-3 223 29 5 Louisville
Harrington, Joey 13 QB 6-4 220 28 7 Oregon

Say what you will but their QB corps are horribly weak unlike at DT where they have 4 players all under 30, 2 of which were just signed this off season. Not to mention that they have some pretty damn good DE's, one being a 3 time pro-bowler and the other a first round pick last year.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 02:56 AM

Which, of course, is how the Chiefs will be judged Saturday night (and Monday morning) by all the idiots across the internet and 99% of all the newspapers in this country (minus Gosselin).

Need. Need. Need. And more need.

Cade McNown was once a "great" pick because Chicago needed a QB. So was Cedric Benson, because their running game was awful.

But, they got immediate "A's" by the all-knowing media.

Morons.

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Then who choose Hali in the first round of 2006?

Or Bernard Pollard in the second round of 2006?

Yeah.... I forgot he was around in 06. :p

Do you trust Oprah Winfrey for your news as well?

I am just making conversation based on what was being reported at the time.

Jesus Tits.... it is not like it is out of the realm of f*cking possibility.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 02:58 AM
That shit is really stupid, like the people that think the Chiefs have to take an OT.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 02:58 AM
Because Ryan would ruin their Franchise?

Its not like Ryan is a reach at #3.... much less at #5.

Shockley, D.J. 3 QB 6-0 214 24 2 Georgia
Redman, Chris 8 QB 6-3 223 29 5 Louisville
Harrington, Joey 13 QB 6-4 220 28 7 Oregon

Say what you will but their QB corps are horribly weak unlike at DT where they have 4 players all under 30, 2 of which were just signed this off season. Not to mention that they have some pretty damn good DE's, one being a 3 time pro-bowler and the other a first round pick last year.

Dude, no one's arguing the fact that Atlanta's in need of a quarterback.

But that doesn't automatically make Ryan the best value at #3.

I think he's somewhere between 8-12, at the highest.

04-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Why try to figure it out? Just wait and see what happens. Much simpler approach.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 03:00 AM
That shit is really stupid, like the people that think the Chiefs have to take an OT.

Well, they'd be wise to take one at some point.

But they don't HAVE to take one at #5 or even #17 if there's better value sitting there.

If it weren't for a couple of teams, Ryan would be there at 17, much like Quinn last year. But I doubt he drops like Quinn.

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 03:01 AM
But that doesn't automatically make Ryan the best value at #3.

I think he's somewhere between 8-12, at the highest.

I have yet to see a draft board (not that I would take that as gospel FWIW), that agrees with you. Not only that... but they would be taking him at #5, not #3 if KC WERE to trade up to take him ahead of OAK.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't care what the needs are if that draft breaks like some of the recent mocks show and the Chiefs could get Gholston and Rivers, **** need those guys would be defensive cornerstones.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 03:04 AM
I have yet to see a draft board (not that I would take that as gospel FWIW), that agrees with you. Not only that... but they would be taking him at #5, not #3 if KC WERE to trade up to take him ahead of OAK.

Well, I'd like to think that the Chiefs FO is smarter than 98% of the douchebags that create mock drafts in their basement and put them on the interwebs.

Of course, I could be wrong :doh!:

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 03:09 AM
I am not usually around this early in the morning.

Are you guys usually this hostile or do nerves from the impending draft have you on edge?

LMFAO

Could I at least get you to agree that my sleep deprived thought based on what a talking head on TV told me at 3 in the morning is at least POSSIBLE? :D :D :D

04-26-2008, 03:12 AM

Are you guys usually this hostile or do nerves from the impending draft have you on edge?

LMFAO

Could I at least get you to agree that my sleep deprived thought based on what a talking head on TV told me at 3 in the morning is at least POSSIBLE? :D :D :D

They were controlled by aliens. Couldn't you tell?

BigRock
04-26-2008, 03:25 AM
It's entirely possible that Atlanta passes on Dorsey. The same thing happens all the time... a team doesn't expect to have Player A available at their pick and they fall in love with Player B, who is less talented but more likely to be available.

And when Player A ends up being there after all, the team wavers on him because they've gotten all attached to Player B in the final days before the draft. Just to name one of many examples, it's the same thing that had Vermeil looking to trade down when his guy went a pick ahead of us in 2005, even though DJ was right there.

A few different outlets are saying the Falcons figured that Dorsey would be #2 as soon as they heard Jake Long was #1. And in the days since then, they've gotten all warm and fuzzy about the idea of bringing in a nice clean cut fellow to be their franchise QB.

Since this news about Long possibly being #2 is coming out ahead of time, the Falcons can probably spend tonight debating Dorsey vs. Ryan all over again. But if it hit them by surprise and they only had 10 minutes to make up their minds, the fact that they've spent the last few days getting excited about Ryan would probably weigh pretty heavily. He could easily still end up the pick.

All that said, though, I really doubt they'd trade down to our spot. The Jets have floated interest in Ryan too, and if the Falcons traded to #5, the Jets could always move up to #4.

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 03:28 AM
They were controlled by aliens. Couldn't you tell?

Hrm.... I will have to review their posts before I can say for certain.

What I do know, though, is that having a thought regarding the draft that does not follow the general thoughts of the board seems to be wildly unpopular.

:D

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 03:34 AM
It's entirely possible that Atlanta passes on Dorsey. The same thing happens all the time... a team doesn't expect to have Player A available at their pick and they fall in love with Player B, who is less talented but more likely to be available.

And when Player A ends up being there after all, the team wavers on him because they've gotten all attached to Player B in the final days before the draft. Just to name one of many examples, it's the same thing that had Vermeil looking to trade down when his guy went a pick ahead of us in 2005, even though DJ was right there.

A few different outlets are saying the Falcons figured that Dorsey would be #2 as soon as they heard Jake Long was #1. And in the days since then, they've gotten all warm and fuzzy about the idea of bringing in a nice clean cut fellow to be their franchise QB.

Since this news about Long possibly being #2 is coming out ahead of time, the Falcons can probably spend tonight debating Dorsey vs. Ryan all over again. But if it hit them by surprise and they only had 10 minutes to make up their minds, the fact that they've spent the last few days getting excited about Ryan would probably weigh pretty heavily. He could easily still end up the pick.

All that said, though, I really doubt they'd trade down to our spot. The Jets have floated interest in Ryan too, and if the Falcons traded to #5, the Jets could always move up to #4.

Ahh... too true.

How about this? LMFAO (Damn I need to go to bed)

#2 - Long - Rams
#3 - Ryan - Falcons
#4 - McFadden - Raiders
#5 - Dorsey - Chiefs

That might work out too... right? LOL

/hallucinating now

T-post Tom
04-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Atlanta will pick Ryan over Dorsey. Makes sense for their team.

Chiefs=Champions
04-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Jeez from what some people are saying in this thread, Dorsey isnt their number one choice. :shake:

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 04:00 AM

LMFAO

All I'm saying is that just as you wouldn't trust Oprah for your news (or Judge Judy), don't trust the talking-heads on television, regardless of the broadcaster.

Do you truly think that any NFL team in the top ten is going to broadcast and tell anyone who they plan to draft or what moves they plan to make?

To what end?

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Atlanta will pick Ryan over Dorsey. Makes sense for their team.

Atlanta picking Ryan will shows that Dimitroff doesn't have total control and Artie Blank is still calling the shot. That's a bad omen for the franchise.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

DenverChief
04-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Do you truly think that any NFL team in the top ten is going to broadcast and tell anyone who they plan to draft or what moves they plan to make?

To what end?

Yeah do you REALLY think I'm that stupid?

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kingcarl.jpg

Chief Chief
04-26-2008, 05:16 AM
According to the draft value chart, pick 3 is worth 2200 points and picks 5 (1700 points) and 34 (540 points) -- KC's 2nd round pick -- are worth a total of 2240 points.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Two Longs in a row? That is WACK!

pr_capone
04-26-2008, 05:25 AM
All I'm saying is that just as you wouldn't trust Oprah for your news (or Judge Judy), don't trust the talking-heads on television, regardless of the broadcaster.

To what end?

Dane.... I made this thread for conversational purposes. At no point did I say that the broadcaster quoted a source, his sisters cousins mothers brothers teacher back in the fifth grade who happens to play golf with the best friend of a guy who is the third cousin twice removed of the Falcon's GM, stating unequivacly that the Falcons were going to pick Ryan.

I stated my own opinion that the Falcons picking up Ryan simply made sense. You then stated that they could pick up a QB in the 2nd round... which is quite plausible. BUT... seeing that the Falcons are pretty much set at D-Line, IMHO, it only makes sense for the Falcons to pick Ryan. Despite where you might have him going on your draft board.

I am not trusting anyone but my own decision making skills (albeit I have not been to bed yet and probably wont until after the draft) in my thoughts that it is quite possible that we might either trade up... OR that Dorsey might simply fall to us in the 5th.

That is all. Not saying that my opinions, thoughts, or wishes are any more valid that yours because I heard something on NFLNW. You feel that the Falcons will pass on Ryan and that he belongs in the 8-12 range. GREAT. You may be right.

GDI man.... lemme have a bit of conversation, wishful thinking, and some even minded discussion about this.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2008, 11:45 AM

I think their owner wants Ryan. I think he's the boss. It's worth exploring. Dorsey is the 2nd best player in this draft IMO.

pr_capone
09-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Ahh... too true.

How about this? LMFAO (Damn I need to go to bed)

#2 - Long - Rams
#3 - Ryan - Falcons
#4 - McFadden - Raiders
#5 - Dorsey - Chiefs

That might work out too... right? LOL

/hallucinating now

I was searching for something else and came across this thread.

I am a mother fucking NOSTRADAMUS.

/that is all
//kicks that dirt off his shoulder
///feelin like a pimp

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Nice

doomy3
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
This thread is funny.

Nightfyre
09-26-2013, 09:16 PM
98% of us were nostradumbasses for wanting Dorsey over Ryan. Fucking Dorsey.

Bowser
09-26-2013, 09:23 PM
I was searching for something else and came across this thread.

I am a mother fucking NOSTRADAMUS.

/that is all
//kicks that dirt off his shoulder
///feelin like a pimp

Winning lottery numbers or GTFO.

That shit is really stupid, like the people that think the Chiefs have to take an OT.Ha. Hahahaha.

notorious
09-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't throw your shoulder out while patting yourself on the back, PR.

LMAO

pr_capone
09-26-2013, 09:24 PM

LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/8vsF0RR.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2013, 09:31 PM

LMAO

I would have advised him not to trip over the dog ramp but this works, too.

notorious
09-26-2013, 09:35 PM

I forgot about that.

Time to do a search and have a few laughs. :D

pr_capone
09-26-2013, 09:38 PM

LOL

Still standing after all these years though it is finally beginning to look a little haggard.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2013, 09:40 PM
LOL

Still standing after all these years though it is finally beginning to look a little haggard.

Beginning?

LMAO

BossChief
09-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Boy. Rams fans have to be pissed.

Passing on Matt Ryan and then trading away RG3.

That stadium would have been rocking if they had taken either player.

rico
09-26-2013, 09:54 PM
LOL

GDI man.... let Dane have a bit of conversation, wishful thinking and some even minded discussion about this.

ROFL

This thread was funny.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2013, 10:05 PM

The only thing that rocks that dump is fake crowd noise. STL doesn't give a shit about the rams.

Eleazar
09-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I don't care what the needs are if that draft breaks like some of the recent mocks show and the Chiefs could get Gholston and Rivers, **** need those guys would be defensive cornerstones.

lulz

notorious
09-26-2013, 10:18 PM

JFC, I had forgotten all about Brohm.....

Rams Fan
09-26-2013, 10:29 PM

Ryan would have been a bust by now due to a shit OL, terrible coaching staff under Linehan, an old roster and hardly any cap for the first 2 seasons of his career to be used to supplement him.

crazycoffey
09-27-2013, 01:25 AM
JFC, I had forgotten all about Brohm.....

And I've almost forgotten what an asshat Mecca was