PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Countdown - Final Mock

Miles
04-26-2008, 03:53 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

DERRICK HARVEY
DE | Florida | Scouting Report
SURPRISE! The Chiefs are going to try and trade down from this pick a bit so they may target Harvey a little later in the Top 10 but based on the information I have gathered from sources he is a guy they are looking at. Jared Allen obviously needs to be replaced and Harvey is much more highly thought of in NFL / scouting circles than the general public realizes. This is probably the highest he could possibly go but I definitely think he will be a Top 10 pick when all is said and done. This is the type of projection that has the potential to either make me look real good or bad.

Alternate Option: Chris Long / Vernon Gholston
If they stay at #5 they might opt for one of the other top defensive ends that could be available here. Long & Gholston are also rated a little higher than Harvey on most team's boards around.

Alternate Option: Branden Albert
If they do still want to go offensive line in the Top 10 this is the guy that they would target.

Alternate Option: Matt Ryan
The Chiefs sent their general manager, head coach and offensive coordinator half way across the country to Matt Ryan's Pro Day workout. You don't just waste the time of three high-profile members of the organization on a smokescreen so they do have a legitimate interest in Ryan.

JEFF OTAH
OT | Pittsburgh | Scouting Report
If they don't get an offensive lineman with their first pick they definitely have to get one here. In fact, they have even looked into trading up to ensure they get the tackle they so desperately need. Kansas City's strength used to be their offensive line but it is now in absolute shambles and they probably need to bring in at least two blockers early on in this draft. For a lone time now there has been talk about how the Chiefs, and specifically Herm Edwards, really liked Jeff Otah so if he fell this far they would be elated. He is just the type of huge, mauling right tackle they want.

Alternate Option: Branden Albert / Ryan Clady
These two would be options if they traded up.

Alternate Option: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie / Aqib Talib
Corner is also a major need but the only way this happens is if they get a offensive tackle earlier.

Alternate Option: Phillip Merling
If they don't replace Jared Allen with their first pick they could grab a defensive end here.

Miles
04-26-2008, 03:55 AM
From an interview on ESPN radio I heard driving back from work much earlier this evening, Kiper also has us with Harvey at #5 and described it as a big reach.

Miles
04-26-2008, 03:56 AM
Seriously Harvey at #5? I have hardly purchased enough beer for tomorrow if that happens.

Nightfyre
04-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Seriously Harvey at #5? I have hardly purchased enough beer for tomorrow if that happens.

Hell, if we take harvey at 5 I'll skip straight to the crown.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 05:12 AM
I had a nightmare that I just woke up from, where we selected a DT whose name I didn't even know at #1.

If we draft Otah with Williams on the board, I will f*cking puke.

God, I've gotta go jerk off to Erin Andrews so I don't kill myself.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2008, 07:11 AM
if we seriously pick Harvey when Chris Long is still on the board then im done

Don417
04-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey, Carl may actually make a logical choice at 5 or even 17. But after that...I guarantee this draft will be full of players you've never heard of. It's what he does.

Messier
04-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I love how people here get preemptively mad over a pretend draft by people who have no idea what the Chiefs are going to do.

KevB
04-26-2008, 07:32 AM

+1

KevB
04-26-2008, 07:32 AM

ROFL

PHOG
04-26-2008, 07:35 AM

I don't think I have enough beer AND Crown if this happens. :eek:

JBucc
04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
That is the worst draft in the history of civilization.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:49 AM
I had a nightmare that I just woke up from, where we selected a DT whose name I didn't even know at #1.

Don't worry, I had a dream that Gholston slipped to our 2nd round pick because of steroid rumors. Hopefully that balances out your pick.

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
In this mock, Scott Wright has the Chiefs taking Brian Brohm at 35.

The third rounders include Orlando Scandrick, Jeremy Zuttah, and Will Franklin.

What an epic shit-fest.

Delano
04-26-2008, 09:30 AM
A line consisting of Otah and Zuttah. Can we get an Umpah and a Lumpah to go with 'em?

****.. if you told me we'd trade Jared Allen for Otah, Zuttah, and Franklin I'd be all over that. :rolleyes:

:cuss: I hope this is unfounded speculation.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
The Brohm and Zuttah picks are good especially the Brohm one.....