PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mayock on Flowers

CupidStunt
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM
"If that 4.55 is a 4.45, he's a top-10 pick."

Guys, this dude is a f'ing STUD and will be a BEAST in our cover-two.

What did we all get sick of the most? That pussy Ty Law or Nap Harris whiffing on tackles. Flowers tackles better than every LINEBACKER on our team, nevermind DBs!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

JBucc
04-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I cannot BELIEVE this draft.

ChiefsFire
When does training camp start?

Cant frickn wait.

evolve27
Incredible.

blueballs
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Peterson has gone AWOL

CupidStunt
04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
This is how you PLAY FOOTBALL:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

milkman
04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
3 picks.

3 game one starters.

These guys should be the foundation for the Chiefs for the next 10 years.

Can't do much better than that.

booger
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Mayock:

Best run support CB in last 5 years

Coach
And best of all, we didn't reach for anybody.

Amazing....

El Jefe
:rockon:Flowers, Dorsey, and Albert FTW

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
And yet... we still have a crap load of picks. LMAO

PBJ

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2008, 04:59 PM
We should trade back into the 2nd round. Realistically all 13 picks won't be starters, duh, and we should keep wheeling and dealing while the talent is still heavy this early in the draft.

Fairplay
04-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Let's see what moron around here disagrees with that pick. :$2500:

Bowser

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

F*ck yeah. Give me that all day long.

KcMizzou
We should trade back into the 2nd round. Realistically all 13 picks won't be starters, duh, and we should keep wheeling and dealing while the talent is still heavy this early in the draft.Amen. I'd be all for it.

beach tribe
04-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Our team got a lot better today.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Kansas City Chiefs: 2008 Super Bowl Draft World Champions

BigVE
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
We should trade back into the 2nd round. Realistically all 13 picks won't be starters, duh, and we should keep wheeling and dealing while the talent is still heavy this early in the draft.

Darn right. We need as many starters as possible and the probability of that happening goes down with every round.

CupidStunt
04-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to waiting another 10 picks or so and then trading a couple threes and another garbage pick or two for a mid-late two ... depending on who's there.

Quentin Groves would be fantastic value to get after the passer with Hali and Dorsey.

KCJohnny
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Wow. This guy looks like he'll be starting on opening day. Great tackler.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Kansas City Chiefs: 2008 Super Bowl Draft World Champions

Point taken. It's up to the coaches (sadly) to put this all together on the field.

JohnnyV13
04-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I can't believe the Chiefs passed on Colt Brennan.:whip:

banyon
04-26-2008, 05:14 PM

That makes me feel better. What a highlight reel.

buddha
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I just keep pinching myself. I can't believe that this draft is coming from the Chiefs. Is it safe to assume that Carl is tied up in a closet with duct tape across his mouth?

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:20 PM
The thing this year, with the Dorsey and Flowers pick, is that they took two of the top players off of a couple of good defenses, rather than backup linemen or LBs who happened to be on the team with them. Part of that is the draft position, of course, but it's a nice change from the early '00s...

Bowser
04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I just keep pinching myself. I can't believe that this draft is coming from the Chiefs. Is it safe to assume that Carl is tied up in a closet with duct tape across his mouth?

Let's hope. The lack of UCLA players drafted by us thus far bodes well.

KCChiefsMan
04-26-2008, 05:27 PM
man if we can get 1 draft steal in the next few rounds or 1 sleeper that turns out to be a stud. BEST DRAFT EVAH!!

Chief Faithful
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
The last two drafts have been very good, but this is turning out to be the best in decades. I am so pleased to see the team stocking up on so much young talent. Herm is doing a great job.

melbar
04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Dorsey is arguably the #1 talent in the entire draft. Albert is a top 10 rated player by most. Flowers was considered top ten talent till he ran his 40 and just ran 1/10th slower than what scouts wanted.

3 top ten talent players in our first 3 picks!! This is a great day Chiefs fans!!

melbar
04-26-2008, 05:47 PM
We're drafting players not just athletes who test well.

mikey23545
04-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Something tells mw this kid is not afraid of contact....

WhitiE
04-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Something tells mw this kid is not afraid of contact....

ahahaha im thinkin your right..... :D

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Flowers reminds me alot of Sean Taylor.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2008, 06:12 PM
This draft gets me soooo hard

Wilson8
04-26-2008, 06:17 PM

KC could do it but they are going to have to give up some draft picks. For example the NFL trade value charts show the Chiefs would have to give up their top 3rd (73 slot) worth 225 points, their 4th worth 84 points, plus their top 6th round pick worth 23 points, (total of 332 points) to get Miami's 2nd round pick 330 points. I know they don't always go by this chart, but they follow it pretty close.

Wilson8
04-26-2008, 06:20 PM
That is the 2nd Miami pick (26th in 2nd round) so maybe they would be willing to trade for 3 picks, 3rd, 4th, and 6th. It's just not cheap coming back into the second round.

Miles
04-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Amen. I'd be all for it.

Still have some hope that it happens.

cdcox
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Flowers reminds me alot of Sean Taylor.

Or Kevin Ross.

buddha
04-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Great point! All three of these guys are players...not prospects. Not a Siavii in site.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Or Kevin Ross.

chills

buddha
04-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Kevin Ross is a much better comparison than Sean Taylor. Taylor was full of measurables (size, speed, etc.) Flowers isn't that guy. Ross, on the other hand, was never fast enough, big enough...all he did was hit the crap out of people and make plays.

whoman69
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm usually very critical of our draft picks. No dissent thus far. The film shows he is a talker after the play, but I think we have been missing some emotional fire on defense and he might be able to provide some of that. Part of the game today is swagger.
Before anyone starts annointing us champions, let's be reminded that neither of the free agents we got on our piss poor offensive line are going to be real difference makers. Anthony Alibi has never started and he's coming from Miami? Pretty much the same with Wade Smith from that powerhouse Jets line. We still have some giant holes to fill and relying on rookies for all those holes is going to be painful to watch at times.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm usually very critical of our draft picks. No dissent thus far. The film shows he is a talker after the play, but I think we have been missing some emotional fire on defense and he might be able to provide some of that. Part of the game today is swagger.
Before anyone starts annointing us champions, let's be reminded that neither of the free agents we got on our piss poor offensive line are going to be real difference makers. Anthony Alibi has never started and he's coming from Miami? Pretty much the same with Wade Smith from that powerhouse Jets line. We still have some giant holes to fill and relying on rookies for all those holes is going to be painful to watch at times.It sure is, but it's a heck of a good start. I think that's all most of us are really saying.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Kevin Ross is a much better comparison than Sean Taylor. Taylor was full of measurables (size, speed, etc.) Flowers isn't that guy. Ross, on the other hand, was never fast enough, big enough...all he did was hit the crap out of people and make plays.

yeah after looking it up Taylor had 4in and 22 pounds on Flowers but hes just got that "look" like you know hes gonna do something if a play comes his way.

buddha
04-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Before anyone starts annointing us champions, let's be reminded that neither of the free agents we got on our piss poor offensive line are going to be real difference makers. Anthony Alibi has never started and he's coming from Miami? Pretty much the same with Wade Smith from that powerhouse Jets line. We still have some giant holes to fill and relying on rookies for all those holes is going to be painful to watch at times.

Agreed. But all in good time. For today, there is a lot to like about this draft. Something positive for the Chiefs fans to savor...a nice change.

Ugly Duck
04-26-2008, 06:35 PM
What the Raiders fan has said is true, our customs are different. What Al Davis has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words.

May an outcry be heard from their houses, when You suddenly bring RAIDERS upon them. Jer 18:22

Coach
04-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Jon got caught and is trouble.

KCJohnny
04-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Best CB drafted by us since Dale Carter who also started in his rookie year and made an immediate impact.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 06:45 PM
The thing this year, with the Dorsey and Flowers pick, is that they took two of the top players off of a couple of good defenses, rather than backup linemen or LBs who happened to be on the team with them. Part of that is the draft position, of course, but it's a nice change from the early '00s...That's a great point. It's kind of the difference between drafting "Julius Peppers' teammate" and "Julius Peppers."

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
That's a great point. It's kind of the difference between drafting "Julius Peppers' teammate" and "Julius Peppers.":clap:

F that guy.

morphius
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
IWe still have some giant holes to fill and relying on rookies for all those holes is going to be painful to watch at times.

Well, after watching 10 year veterans make rookie mistakes, I'll be happy to watch rookies try it...

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Best CB drafted by us since Dale Carter who also started in his rookie year and made an immediate impact.Dale Carter was amazing... for a while. He was my favorite player.

milkman
04-26-2008, 07:02 PM

The thing is, we picked some players with real potential to be stars in the NFL, and we have some young guys already starting, with, potentially, a couple more players from tomorrow who will be big contrutors.

These guys will struggle early, but we'll get the chance to watch them grow and mature as the season progresses.

We could be really competitive by '09, and real contenders in a couple of years.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Dale Carter was amazing... for a while. He was my favorite player.
ya he was awesome at chasing guys down.

Don417
04-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Okay, a little something I noticed on your video. Looks like he likes hitting more than wrapping up. Which works in college. But if he trys that in the NFL guys are just gonna bounce off and race for the endzone. Hopefully, they can teach how to actually make a tackle.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 07:13 PM
ya he was awesome at chasing guys down.Nah, Carter was a top-notch corner for a couple of years. One of the best in the league. IIRC, the first time he touched the ball, he ran a punt back for a TD.

I was a kid, and I loved the guy. Unfortunately, he had off the field "issues".

Baby Lee
04-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Dale Carter was amazing... for a while. He was my favorite player.

Loved those years where the play-by-play was "Carter and Hasty have people blanket-. . and there's Thomas with another coverage sack. . . "

Oh Snap
04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
this guy hits like Pollard. Damn, can you imagine pairing those two up on the same side of the field? WR are going to be shitting themselves.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Amazing pick.

Amazing first day.

I feel like I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up and see Junior Siavii and Eddie Freeman picks.

Bowser
04-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Amazing pick.

Amazing first day.

I feel like I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up and see Junior Siavii and Eddie Freeman picks.

Those picks are just figments of our collective imaginations.

Uncle_Ted
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM

That's who I was thinking of when I saw his film. Now if Dorsey ends up being Neil Smith and Albert ends up being like Roaf ... :D:D:D

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Kevin Ross is a much better comparison than Sean Taylor..
agreed

at the very least i expect Flowers to becomes a quality safety

Hammock Parties
04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Actually he reminds me a bit of Benny Sapp.

Rain Man
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Did we keep Benny Sapp? I like him.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Did we keep Benny Sapp? I like him.

He's a Viking.

MTG#10
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
What was the knock on Flowers before the draft? I remember reading a few people here saying they hope we dont reach for him because of something...maybe off the field issues?

boogblaster
04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Flowers is a quality pick ...

milkman
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
What was the knock on Flowers before the draft? I remember reading a few people here saying they hope we dont reach for him because of something...maybe off the field issues?

Some My Space or Face Book thing.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
He's a Viking.So yeah, Rainman, from your perspective "We" kept him.

:p

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:25 PM

Ok I'll show you what I believe you are referring to..

Off-the-field concerns emerged when he posted a picture featuring a large amount of cash and a small baggie of what appears to be drugs along with a disturbing caption on his Facebook page, although it bears pointing out that sources close to him vouch for his character and maintain that he did not take the photo, post the image or write the words...

Here's the story and picture and caption in question..

http://thebiglead.com/?p=4061

I don't think it's a huge deal.

MTG#10
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Off-the-field concerns emerged when he posted a picture featuring a large amount of cash and a small baggie of what appears to be drugs along with a disturbing caption on his Facebook page, although it bears pointing out that sources close to him vouch for his character and maintain that he did not take the photo, post the image or write the words...

I read that he was arrested for gun possession in '05 but charges were dropped because it turned out to be a pellet gun. Hopefully Herm's sermons will keep him in line.

AJKCFAN
04-26-2008, 09:53 PM
More Flowers on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRH7bCT-SM&feature=related

Ironic is the music is set to some rap where the chorus starts with "KC MO is with me!"

Chiefs got one helluva playa in Flowers :)

Molitoth
04-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, after watching 10 year veterans make rookie mistakes, I'll be happy to watch rookies try it...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
More Flowers on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRH7bCT-SM&feature=related

Ironic is the music is set to some rap where the chorus starts with "KC MO is with me!"

Chiefs got one helluva playa in Flowers :)

The Techa Nina song is bad ass.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Personally I think he is comparable to Al Harris, Antoine Winfield, or a poor man's Charles Woodson. He's the most physical corner in this draft and is not afraid to throw his body around when needed.

He doesn't have elite timed speed but he doesn't really need it to be a big playmaker in our Tampa 2 scheme. Not the best pure cover skills but has elite instincts to make up for it - just has a habit of being in the right place at the right time and is great in run support.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2008, 11:00 PM
</P>
Wow. This guy looks like he'll be starting on opening day. Great tackler.

Wow. If that film is any indication....opponents only prayer will be going DEEP against us. Seriously.

Paige, Pollard, and Flowers all are HITTERS....holy crap!

Flowers reminds me of a YOUNG Ty Law....heh. :thumb:

stlchiefs
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM

As long as this is the extent of any such problems, Flowers was a steal of a pick at this spot. Hopefully his fascination with money doesn't lead him to the strip clubs to make it rain with the likes of Pacman. I'd love to see him become a stellar DB for the Chiefs.

jjchieffan
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
One thing comes to mind when talking about hard hits. The movie The Longest Yard, when the inmate hits the guard, and afterward says, "I think he shit himself" I wanted to imbed the clip, but could not find it on you tube and too late at night to F with it now.

BigRedChief
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4v9AE5tM1A&feature=related
Monster hit by Flowers

Dayze
04-26-2008, 11:15 PM

I realize it's a highlight film, but WOW. :eek:
Guy isn't afraid to come up and pop someone.

Something about the defensive guys we took that I like; not only the phyical skills to play, but some 'swagger'; I think this team (offense and defense) could use an injection of such.

Just what you want with a cover 2 cb; gotta make the tackles. nice. Good play on the ball while it's in the air too.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM

This kid is going to be something in our defense.

Dayze
04-26-2008, 11:20 PM

:clap:
Amen.

DJ's left nut
04-26-2008, 11:26 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOt3Ttjcrbg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOt3Ttjcrbg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mayock's review of Flowers before Flowers ran the 40. Said he was the best corner in the draft, a top 10 pick. Mayock loves this guy and gives you a very good analysis of it.

Perfect fit for the cover 2.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOt3Ttjcrbg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOt3Ttjcrbg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mayock's review of Flowers before Flowers ran the 40. Said he was the best corner in the draft, a top 10 pick. Mayock loves this guy and gives you a very good analysis of it.

He reminds me of Ty Law in his younger years....and Mike Brown of the Bears.

:D

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Flowers could be the steal of the draft. We really lucked out.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Ifdoesn'tstart, I see the guy being sent on blitzs on occasion...

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Q: How did you pile up 18 tackles for loss as a cornerback?

FLOWERS: “When I blitz I love to make plays. I’m the type of corner that loves to get physical. If I’m on the line with no receivers and just playing the tight end, I love to play off the tight end blocking and go hit a running back in the mouth and make a play.”

:rockon:

BigRock
04-27-2008, 05:27 AM
<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOt3Ttjcrbg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>

BONER

KCinNY
04-27-2008, 06:42 AM
He's like Benny Sapp except he can actually cover someone.