PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Albert

Hoover
04-26-2008, 05:23 PM
As one of the Albert homers on the board I'm thrilled that we got him. After watching all the film of him pulling I have to wonder if we will not just play him at Guard if we can find a RT? Either way I'm thrilled that we got the kid at 15.

I still can't believe we got Dorsey at 5. WOW.

cdcox
04-26-2008, 05:27 PM
There is a 50% chance it pans out at one of the tackle positions, and if he doesn't, we can always move him back to guard. All upside on this pick.

milkman
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
No.

I think Albert will be making the transition to LT as the very first mini camp.

I didn't like moving up to get him, but that was when I initially thought it was at the cost of a 3rd rounder, along with a 5th rounder.

This team won't be doing nearly as much pulling as they've done in the past.

cmh6476
04-26-2008, 05:32 PM
let's just grab a guy like Rachal or Eric Young, then we won't have to worry about who's gonna play Guard :)

Miles
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
No.

I think Albert will be making the transition to LT as the very first mini camp.

I didn't like moving up to get him, but that was when I initially thought it was at the cost of a 3rd rounder, along with a 5th rounder.

This team won't be doing nearly as much pulling as they've done in the past.

I am pretty with the move up to get him when it turned out Philly was also making a play for him. Probably also a good sign when a team that typically drafts well maneuvering for the same player.

Really like the pick. I am optimistic that your take as well as other about him moving over to LT without much problems. If it doesn't work out it still sounds like he will be a dominate G.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I wasn't big on it when he name started popping up a couple weeks ago, but after I started to read up on him and heard scouts whispering about how he might be the best o-linemen out of this draft (including Long, who I'm a big fan of) when all is said and done I started to rethink that...

I wasn't big on drafting a DT, but you just can't pass on Dorsey and Flowers is an unbelievable steal there for us. I think we might have hit a home run today.

Hoover
04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
We are set up pretty well to grab another top interior linemen in the 3rd round. I just love this kids ability.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
rachal to 49ers.

milkman
04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I keep banging my own drum (if I don't, who will?), but I was talking about Albert transitioning to tackle over a month ago.

I love his athleticism, and think he is going to be an outstanding OT.

Now that I know that we essentially only gave up a 5th rounder to move up to ensure we got him, I love this pick.

He will anchor the line on the left side for the next 10 years or more.

nychief
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
i posted this in the draft thread. but the washingtonpost.com had a interview on its site... Albert said he is playing LT and the chiefs told him that.

buddha
04-26-2008, 05:47 PM
He moves extremely well. He has a lot to learn about playing LT, but I think he is worth the wait. BA moves like a power forward.