PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Ok draft exoerts, who got the best values,

jjchieffan
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
and who made the biggest reaches. Who was the lowest rated player onyour board selected today. Who had the worst draft, and rate the top 5 drafts so far.

rad
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Chris Johnson- Titans @ 24....Drafted purely for his 40 time

Maybe Flacco to Baltimore @18

Delano
04-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the Jaguars gave up a whole hell of a lot to get Harvey.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Chris Johnson- Titans @ 24....Drafted purely for his 40 time

Which is pathetic considering they took Chris Henry last year for the exact same reason.

Mendenhall is going to be beastly in Pitt's offense.

Sam Baker at 21 - on a trade-up no less - is horrible for Atlanta.

Cherilus at 17 is dumb since he's a RT at best.

Merling at 32 is great value, but I think he's kind of a waste as a 34 end.

Hoover
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I think the Jaguars gave up a whole hell of a lot to get Harvey.

I agree then drafted Groves in the 2nd.

tk13
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Mendenhall would be right up there... he's probably going to thrive in Pittsburgh.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
The Titans and Lions are the worst.....

Pittsburgh and KC are the best....I'm not counting Carolina because of how much they traded away.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Felix Jones is going to be huge in that Dallas Offense.

rad
04-26-2008, 08:03 PM
How about the Jets trading up for that Purdue TE...I hadn't really heard of him

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Mendenhall would be right up there... he's probably going to thrive in Pittsburgh.

One of my favorite picks.

Steelers never lack for good RB's and Mendenhall will continue that tradition.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Even though taking Jones there made people do the uhhh, Jenkins and Bennett who is my favorite TE this year makes their draft very good in my eyes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 08:06 PM
That Dizon pick was god awful, as was the Cherilus selection. The Titans got horrible value for their selections, as they pretty much always do.

The panic trade ups that Atlanta and Baltimore made were just embarrassing, and given where Jax got Groves, mortaging that much for Harvey was pretty retarded.

You also have to wonder what the Hell the Bengals were thinking allowing themselves to get outmanuevered like that by the Saints and then reaching on Simpon based upon nothing but his measureables.

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:06 PM

The way they went about getting Jones and Jenkins really makes you wonder what they were thinking though.

Many think they could have gotten Jenkins at 22 and waited for Jones at 28.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
The way they went about getting Jones and Jenkins really makes you wonder what they were thinking though.

I think they thought if they did that Seattle might take Jones.

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
I think the Broncos had a TERRIBLE day one and I love that!

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
I think they thought if they did that Seattle might take Jones.

You never know, I guess. They got their guys so you gotta give them that.

Chiefnj2
04-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Best - KC, Pitt and Buffalo.

Deberg_1990
I love how we got 3 instant starters.

Id still love to have a franchise QB, but you cant get everything in one year.

Perhaps next year because i dont see this team winning more than 4 or 5 games if Brody continues to struggle. You cant win in the NFL without good QB play.

milkman
Gotta believe that Donnie Avery to the Rams early in the second was a pretty big reach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM

I'm sorry, but they could have drafted Mendenhall and made the same move for Jenkins. I don't think there is any way that you can say a guy who is smaller and slower, as Jones is, is a bigger homerun threat than Mendenhall. That was a pure :homer: pick, IMO

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Don't Jones and Mendenhall have about the same speed?

Honestly I think they valued Jones more because he's a dynamic returner.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Don't Jones and Mendenhall have about the same speed?

Honestly I think they valued Jones more because he's a dynamic returner.

What the hell is Pacman, then?

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
What the hell is Pacman, then?

If they really thought they could rely on him you think they'd have taken a CB that high?

I think they feel Pacman is a bonus if he comes through but they won't "count" on him.

boogblaster
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Dungver looked bad... thanks Ratface ....

Chiefnj2
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
The only nitpick I have with KC is maybe they should have grabbed Groves instead of Flowers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 08:25 PM
If they really thought they could rely on him you think they'd have taken a CB that high?

I think they feel Pacman is a bonus if he comes through but they won't "count" on him.

No, but here's the thing: You need multiple CBs. Jenkins wasn't a need pick (although he filled a need) he was the BPA by quite a large margin.

There are a lot of versatile RBs and WRs w/ return ability. Drafting Jones over Mendenhall based upon his ability to return kicks when you have a guy who is a better returner who you owe *nothing* to, is just dumb.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't really think they did the right thing either but we'll see.....Obviously Barber is their starter and Jones will be the spell guy who comes in and takes screens and all that I guess they just liked him more.

chiefbowe82
04-26-2008, 08:34 PM
well herm was having an interview along with carl and kuharich...instead of making a move for hooves. Things like that is why we aren't competitive

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't really think they did the right thing either but we'll see.....Obviously Barber is their starter and Jones will be the spell guy who comes in and takes screens and all that I guess they just liked him more.

Yeah, we will. The thing is you can get change of pace backs much later in the draft.

I have a hard time believing Felix Jones is much better than Jamaal Charles if at all.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, we will. The thing is you can get change of pace backs much later in the draft.

I have a hard time believing Felix Jones is much better than Jamaal Charles if at all.

Charles is a nice change of pace only issue I have with him is I don't think he's as good of a natural runner and he provides nothing on special teams.

Skip Towne
04-26-2008, 08:49 PM

I don't think they really liked Jones more. Jerry Jones hadn't drafted an Arkansas player since he owned the team and JJ played for Arkansas. This was just as close as they have ever come to being able to.

markk
04-26-2008, 09:37 PM
the biggest reach would seem to be Flacco.. I know they drafted him based on having a powerful arm but I read that he threw most of hte time from the shotgun in college and is really a project and not someone who would displace an existing QB if they weren't saddled with Boller. is Flacco another Boller?

seems pretty iffy to take the fourth best qb in the draft at 18. especially when you consider they gave up picks to do it.

Basileus777
04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
the biggest reach would seem to be Flacco.. I know they drafted him based on having a powerful arm but I read that he threw most of hte time from the shotgun in college and is really a project and not someone who would displace an existing QB if they weren't saddled with Boller. is Flacco another Boller?

seems pretty iffy to take the fourth best qb in the draft at 18. especially when you consider they gave up picks to do it.

They had to move up that high because the Jets were trying to trade back into the first to get him. Flacco wasn't the best value at 18, but he clearly wasn't the 4th highest rated qb. If the Ravens hadn't taken him there he still would have gone in the first round, many picks ahead of Brohm and Henne.