PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2009 mocks Next Years Draft.

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 03:38 AM
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/2009_nfl_mock_draft.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a very early look at a 2009 NFL Mock Draft.

As we have seen in recent years, underclassmen will likely dominate the 2009 NFL Draft. If you see (JR) it means the prospects will be juniors for the 2009 NFL Draft. Don't kill me Lion fans, at least they get a special quarterback.

1. Detroit Mathew Stafford (JR) QB Georgia
If 2007 NFL Draft pick Drew Stanton doesn't work out the Lions might take another QB. If Stafford keeps improving he could be the next franchise QB, he definitely has the arm for it.

2. Atlanta James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
The Falcons will probably select a franchise quarterback in the 2008 NFL Draft so they could use a linebacker. I was shocked Laurinaitis didn't enter the 2008 NFL Draft.

3. Miami Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Bill Parcells wants defensive ends and linebackers, but Jenkins is to good to pass up. He might have been the first corner selected in the 2008 NFL Draft if he would have declared early.

4. Oakland Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
Oher almost declared for the 2008 NFL Draft where he would have been a late first/early second round pick. he plays with a mean streak and has nice size at 6' 6" 325 pounds.

5. St. Louis Rey Maualuga LB USC
A massive (6' 3" 250 lbs) run plugging inside linebacker with supreme speed and the Rams need some attitude on defense. Rey might have been a top ten pick if he would have entered the 2008 NFL Draft.

6. Baltimore C.J. Spiller (JR) RB Clemson
Blazing speed, Spiller can also return punts and kicks.

7. San Francisco Percy Harvin (JR) WR Florida
Not huge at 5' 11" 184 pounds, but Harvin is a super talent and should put up huge numbers in 2008. A big play threat for the 49ers.

8. Denver Brandon Spikes (JR) LB Florida
Hits like a ton of bricks and has nice size at 6' 3" 240 lbs. Spikes recorded 16 tackles for loss and 7 pass break-ups in 2007.

9. Chicago Curtis Painter QB Purdue
If they don't address the QB situation in the 2008 NFL Draft, they will almost certainly do it in 2009. Painter is an unknown, but the 6' 3" 224 pound quarterback has legitimate NFL potential.

10. Kansas City George (Duke) Robinson OG Oklahoma
The Duke is huge at 6' 4" 330 pounds and could be a pro bowl guard for the Chiefs for years to come.

11. Cincinnati Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
Not huge at 6' 6" 255 pounds, but he is very explosive coming off the edge. Almost entered the 2008 NFL Draft where he was graded as a 3rd rounder despite missing most of the season with injuries.

12. NY Jets Chase Coffman TE Missouri
Coffman has been incredible productive for a number of years for the Tigers and should put up lofty numbers in 200.

13. Philadelphia Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
The Eagles get a potential pro bowl tight end with nice size (6' 5" 260 lbs).

14. New Orleans George Selvie (JR) DE South Florida
Selvie is a pass rushing terror, in 2007 Selvie led the nation in tackles for loss with 31.5 and 14.5 sacks.

15. Carolina Greg Middleton (JR) DE Indiana
Middleton at 6' 3" 270 lbs led the nation in sacks in 2007 with 16. He also recorded 17 tackles for loss and 50 tackles. He is a playmaker.

16. Arizona Greg Hardy (JR) DE Ole Miss
Very athletic football/basketball player with nice size, (6' 5" 255 lbs). Exploded onto the scene in 2007 as a sophomore, where he finished with an amazing 10 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss.

17. Washington Derrius Heyward-Bey (JR) WR Maryland
The Skins have needed a large receiver for years and Bey is 6' 3" 200 lbs. Being from Maryland Bey won't have far to go playing for the Skins.

18. Minnesota Myron Rolle (JR) S Florida State
Rolle is a jumbo safety at 6' 2" 218 pounds, but he is a ball hawk with excellent closing speed.

19. Green Bay Alex Boone OT Ohio State
Many thought Boone and Laurinaitis would enter the 2008 NFL Draft.

20. Houston Andre Smith (JR) OT Alabama
Smith has emerged as an elite offensive tackle and has started at left tackle since he was a freshman. He is huge at 6' 4" 345 pounds and very mobile.

21. Buffalo William Moore FS Missouri
Moore is the epitome of a ball hawk recording 8 interceptions in 2007 which was tops in the country. he is also a big time hitter with nice size at 6' 1" 215 lbs.

22. Pittsburgh Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State
The Steelers could use some more youth at receiver and Robiskie should be one of the top senior receivers available for the 2009 NFL Draft.

23. Cleveland Chris Wells (JR) RB Ohio State
Wells has all the talent in the world and will be the starter again for the Buckeyes in 2008. Wells is 6' 1" 225 pounds with 4.46 speed.

24. Tampa Bay Jarrett Dillard WR Rice
A nice fit for the Bucs, a little undersized but very quick. Dillard reminds me of the Colts' WR Marvin Harrison.

25. New England Maurice Evans (JR) DE/OLB Penn State
Maurice Evans might not have the perfect size at 6' 2" 270 pounds, but he knows how to play the game. In 2007 as a sophomore, he finished with an impressive 12.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for loss.

26. Tennessee Vontae Davis (JR) CB Illinois
The younger brother of 49er TE Vernon Davis. he has as much talent as any DB in the nation

27. NY Giants Brian Cushing LB USC
Cushing couldn't stay healthy last year as a junior or he likely would have been a first round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

28. Seattle Jermaine Gresham (JR) TE Oklahoma
2009 might be considered the year of the tight end if Gresham comes out early. At 6' 5" 255 pounds he doesn't have any weakness; he caught 11 TDs in 2007.

29. Jacksonville Aaron Kelly WR Clemson
The Jags get an elite receiver, tall and thin (6' 4" 190 lbs), but tough as nails. Kelly caught 88 passes and 11 TDs as a junior.

30. San Diego Jeremy Perry OG Oregon State
A powerful offensive lineman (6' 2" 315 lbs) that sustains his blocks very well. Injured in 2007, but if healthy he could be a top ten pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

31. Indianapolis Tyson Jackson DE LSU
Jackson was not impressive in 2007, but he has the size (6' 4" 290 lbs) and athletic ability to rebound in 2008. He finished 2007 with only 3.5 sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss. He was smart to return for his senior year.

32. Dallas Herman Johnson OG LSU
A complete monster at 6' 6" 350 pounds, but he is not fat. Johnson has great feet and balance, he just needs to play with a mean streak. A replacement for struggling Kyle Kosier.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

1.Kansas City Chiefs: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Even if the Chiefs selected Jake Long with the fifth pick in the 2008 Draft, they still take Michael Oher here and move Jake Long over to the right side. Oher just presents way too much value as an elite left tackle prospect. Oher committed to the 2008 Draft, then de-committed. Check out my blog - The Matt Draft Blog - for my thoughts on that decision. To learn more about Oher the person, I suggest you pick up "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis. Great read.

2. Detroit Lions: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Tyson Jackson presents the best value here, maybe Ikaika Alama-Francis works out, but if the Lions are picking No. 2 then I doubt that would happen. The Lions look for their pass rush and draft a huge, powerful defensive end.

3.Oakland Raiders: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
Michael Johnson has great length and athletic ability. He could be a high pick, he could be a low first-round pick. I have to go with the upside of his game and the value of the right defensive end position in this league.

4.Miami Dolphins: Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Yeremiah Bell is getting up there in years and the Dolphins could really use a hard-hitting rangy safety on their defense, which they won't draft in 2008. Look out for Myron Rolle to really come along in his junior year.

5.Chicago Bears: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
If the Bears don't find their franchise back in the 2008 Draft, it would be smart to make a value pick here with Chris Wells. He's a very big back with breakaway speed and outstanding production so far at Ohio State.

6.Arizona Cardinals: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
Knowshon Moreno runs with anger ... he just hates to go down. He's such a fun back to watch, but that love for contact could wear down on his frame. It did for Cadillac Williams (an extremely similar player). Moreno will succeed Edge who has seen his career decline ever since he left Peyton Manning and that outstanding offensive line in Indy.

7.St. Louis Rams: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
Tye Hill has yet to develop into a consistent playmaker at corner and Jonathan Wade left much to be desired last year. Malcolm Jenkins surprised a lot of people by returning for his senior season, and I'd be shocked if he wasn't the first corner drafted when all is said and done.

8.New York Jets: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
Laveranues Coles will be 31 next year, and this offense will eventually need another deep threat. Before the 2007 season, I questioned if Percy Harvin was a complete receiver, but he proved me wrong, displaying solid hands and being a natural receiver.

9.Atlanta Falcons: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Michael Crabtree goes here until Laurent Robinson or Roddy White can prove they can be consistent for this football team. I don't deny that they have the upside, but until they show it they aren't proven.

10.Carolina Panthers: Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
Vince Oghobaase is simply flying under the radar, but I think he is a big-time talent who is going to produce monster numbers as a junior. He is huge at 6-6 310 and he has great first step quickness. He can play in a lot of schemes, but I think he will find a niche as a five technique in this league. He can also play in the Panthers' scheme because they love big defensive tackles. Oghobaase had 49 tackles (12 TFL) and 4.5 sacks as a sophomore ... I say he is primed for a huge jump in his junior season at Duke.

11.Denver Broncos: Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia
Jeff Owens can bring a lot of heat as a pass rusher, as he has a great motor. I think his tenacity can get him the upside to be a first-round pick.

12.Cincinnati Bengals: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
So why Rey Maualuga ahead of James Laurinaitis? Maualuga is slightly more athletic and has a stronger body. If he can do better with diagnosing plays as a senior, we are going to have one sick ILB battle.

13.San Francisco 49ers: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
"DHB" had a very disappointing year as a sophomore. Many excuses can be made (bad quarterbacking, bad offensive scheme), but the fact remains that he needs to produce. Bey could be the next Braylon Edwards or the next Troy Williamson. It's up to him because the talent is simply there.

14.Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Moore, DE, USC
I was pretty shy about being a fan of Kyle Moore's last season, but when I put on some USC tape recently to review Terrell Thomas and Lawrence Jackson, I saw Moore make a ton of plays. He's got prototypical size at 6-6 270 and he's got some quick-twitch athletic ability to burst off the snap. Moore will likely make my 2008 All-Underrated team representing the DE position.

15.Washington Redskins: Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson
Michael Hamlin has great range and he can play both SS and FS, so he has that versatility that Gregg Williams loves at safety. I just don't see Reed Doughty as a starter in this league.

16.Houston Texans: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
My jaw dropped when Vontae Davis easily tracked down All-Universe recruit USC running back Joe McKnight in the Rose Bowl earlier this year. Davis' speed is insane and he figures to be one of the first corners off the board in the 2009 Draft. Jacques Reeves could work out in Houston, but he could also bust. Kind of hard to predict exactly what the Texans' needs will be a year in advance, but corner could be on that list. Also factor in this is more of a value pick than anything.

17.Tennessee Titans: Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky
How do you win games? What is the one statistic that seems to be consistent year in and year out in both college and pros? It's all about the turnovers. Trevard Lindley creates a lot of turnovers and any player that does that in my book is a flat-out play-maker. Also keep in mind going into the 2008 season there is no doubt in my mind that Lindley will have been the best cover corner in the best conference in the country for one season ... going into his redshirt junior year.

18.Minnesota Vikings: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
If the Vikings don't trade or select a quarterback on Draft Day, they'll take one here. I don't think Tarvaris Jackson will be in a Vikings uniform much longer. Sam Bradford seems like a longshot to come out just after his redshirt sophomore year, but I see too much value in him to stay for his junior year and pass up first-round money. He's going to be a very solid pro prospect because he has a good arm, nice touch, smarts, and the complete understanding of a pro offense. He's the most polished quarterback in the country and he's only started 14 games.

19.Baltimore Ravens: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
The Ravens draft Ray Lewis' successor here. James Laurinaitis is a very similar player from a leadership, energy and passion standpoint.

20.New Orleans Saints: Alex Mack, C, California
Alex Mack is one of the best center prospects in an extremely long time. He's got great size (6-4, 305) and he's nasty on the inside. I like that he stayed back for his senior year because I think it shows maturity. The Saints lost Jeff Faine in free agency, so I think they would like to replace him in the 2009 Draft.

21.Buffalo Bills: Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
The Bills could really use a dominating force on the interior line; this team is going to have nearly all of their needs filled defensively (or they should) after the 2008 Draft, so I think they switch their focus back to the offense in 2009.

22.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ciron Black, OT, LSU
Luke Petitgout is an injury waiting to happen and Donald Penn is solid, but he will never be elite. Penn has the potential to be a consistent starter, but he needs to find the weight room before that is going to happen. Ciron Black has top five potential in this draft. Reminds me of a more athletic Levi Brown.

23.Jacksonville Jaguars: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
Greg Hardy is a very long, athletic end who has the natural instincts and feel to get to the quarterback (10 sacks, 18.5 TFL). Think Jarvis Moss.

24.Pittsburgh Steelers: Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
I don't see much talent for the Steelers now and I don't see them going corner in the 2008 Draft. Victor Harris fits either the Tampa-2 or man-press scheme, whichever Mike Tomlin decides to use. Some think Harris is a better pro prospect than Brandon Flowers... I am among them.

25.Seattle Seahawks: Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
Eventually, Walter Jones (the first-ballot HOFer) will retire and the Seahawks will need a replacement.

26.Clevleand Browns: George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida
George Selvie falls here because it seems like most 3-4 teams are starting to load up at the rush linebacker position, and like the offensive skill positions, the hybrid DE/OLB could see a drop in demand in 2009.

27.New England Patriots: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
Brian Cushing is the kind of versatile linebacker Bill Belichick looks for, so I think he would be a good fit in New England's defense.

28.Indianapolis Colts: Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
I don't think the only reason why LSU has produced so many talented prospects over the years (Early Doucet, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson) is just because of physical ability. These players are all extremely well coached in blocking, focus, and an overall feel for the game. Demetrius Byrd looks like the next Tiger wideout in line. Very clutch for LSU last year, he can make some noise. One question: Who is going to throw him the ball? Nothing at quarterback for LSU. Jarrett Lee and Andrew Hatch don't count. Shame Ryan Perilloux suffers from Pac Man Jones Syndrome.

29.Green Bay Packers: DeMarcus Granger, DT, Oklahoma
The red flag is certainly there for DeMarcus Granger as he was caught shoplifting the week before the Fiesta Bowl. That said, he is still a great talent and if he stays out of trouble in his junior year, he could be a top 10 pick.

30.Dallas Cowboys: Phillip Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
Phillip Loadholt needs to work on getting set quicker and being more smooth with his footwork, but even so, he can be an elite right tackle. Reminds me of Marcus McNeill (who dropped in 2006 because of a spinal condition that worried team doctors).

31.New York Giants: Anthony Heygood, OLB, Purdue
Anthony Heygood is a speedy weakside linebacker, but I want him to become more of a leader in his senior year for the Boilermakers.

32.San Diego Chargers: Arian Foster, RB, Tennessee
LaDanian Tomlinson will be 30 years old going into the 2009 season, and the Chargers need to find some extremely talented depth behind him ... we all know most backs' production goes down on the other side of the big 3-0. Arian Foster is a very physical back who isn't getting a lot of respect, but I think he deserves it. I think he can be a 25-30 carry-type in the NFL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The QB battle will be interesting, but Louisville QB Hunter Cantwell is an early favorite of those who are 2009 prospects, while Florida QB Tim Tebow will be in the mix if he leaves school early. As per Draft King policy, this is put together under the presumption that all underclassmen will declare early.

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2009/mockdraft.shtml

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida *
2. Atlanta Falcons - George Selvie, DE, USF *
3. Miami Dolphins - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
4. Oakland Raiders - Fili Moala, DT, USC
5. San Francisco 49ers - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland *
6. Baltimore Ravens - Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
7. New York Jets - James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
8. Buffalo Bills - Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma
9. Detroit Lions - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
10. St. Louis Rams - Max Unger, OT, Oregon
11. Carolina Panthers - Hunter Cantwell, QB, Louisville
12. Houston Texans - Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State *
13. Arizona Cardinals - Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
14. Cincinnati Bengals - Eben Britton, OT, Arizona *
15. Washington Redskins - Sean Lee, OLB, Penn State
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson *
17. Cleveland Browns - P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin *
18. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida *
19. New Orleans Saints - Gerald McRath, OLB, Southern Miss *
20. Minnesota Vikings - Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU
21. Chicago Bears - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois *
22. Denver Broncos - Nic Harris, FS, Oklahoma
23. Seattle Seahawks - Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
24. Philadelphia Eagles - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida *
25. New York Giants - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama *
26. Pittsburgh Steelers - Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech
27. Green Bay Packers - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia *
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
29. San Diego Chargers - Arian Foster, RB, Tennessee
30. Indianapolis Colts - Demonte' Bolden, DT, Tennessee
31. Dallas Cowboys - Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU
32. New England Patriots - Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7999670

1. Dolphins James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
The Dolphins made modest strides in 2008, but are continuing on the course of improving the defensive unit with the latest in a long line of top inside backers produced by the Buckeyes.
2. Chiefs Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Passing on a corner in the opening round proved to be the Chiefs' undoing. With Marty Schottenheimer back in town and wearing both hats (coach and GM), this aspect of the game will be taken care of very quickly.
3. Ravens Andre Smith OT Alabama
With the retirement of the great Jonathan Ogden, second-year coach John Harbaugh knows all to well the importance of a strong presence on the left side.
4. Raiders Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
After a two-year absence, Denny Green returns to the Bay Area as the first major change in the new managing general partner Carl Peterson era.
5. Falcons Gerald McRath LB Southern Miss.
With the signing of QB J.P. Losman via free agency and with the declining Keith Brookings entering his 12th season, the Falcons felt it was imperative to improve at this critical position.
6. Jets Nic Harris S Oklahoma
New coach Rex Ryan's defensive scheme requires the right type of player on the back end to key the defense. Harris is just what the doctor ordered in this system.
7. Rams Percy Harvin WR Florida
With Torry Holt entering his 11th season as the only viable receiver threat, Al Saunders (who took over as head coach during the bye week along with new OC Wes Chandler) now looks to find offensive playmakers to compliment Jackson, Holt and Bulger.
8. Bears Max Unger OT Oregon
Just two years removed from the Super Bowl, the Bears continue to fade and begin the rebuilding process with the drafting of a player they consider the top interior defensive lineman in the country.
9. Steelers Michael Oher OT Mississippi
The Steelers' trademark has always been a strong running game. With Mike Tomlin beginning his third season and now very much on the hot seat, it is now time to upgrade this area.
10. Bills Sean Lee LB Penn State
The drafting of Lee gives the Bills a player they hope will quickly become the centerpiece of their already improving defensive unit.
11. 49ers Curtis Painter QB Purdue
The 49ers showed noticeable improvement on both sides of the football, but for the fourth straight season, quarterback Alex Smith struggled to make plays. After failing in their quest to sign Losman via free agency, new coach Jim Haslett selects a quarterback the scouts considered the best prospect in the draft.
12. Panthers Alex Boone OT Ohio State
After losing tackle Jordan Gross to the Broncos, the Panthers immediately began the search for a replacement. New coach Mike Martz surprisingly selects an offensive tackle over a home-run receiver in his first draft as the Panthers head coach. Acquiring Charlie Whitehurst from the Chargers could pay huge dividends.
13. Browns Mike Johnson DE Georgia Tech
A club can never have enough good people to rush the QB. In Johnson, the ACC sack leader, the Browns finally have a chance to truly upgrade a unit that has struggled in recent years.
14. Redskins Demetrius Byrd WR LSU
A true vertical threat to compliment Randle El, Cooley, and the up-and-down Moss should make life much easier for developing QB Jason Campbell. Byrd should contribute from the get-go and make life easier for second-year coach Jim Zorn.
15. Cardinals James Davis RB Clemson
Entering his 10th professional season, it's become clear that star RB Edgerrin James can not be expected to carry the full load. James Davis gives the Cardinals a change-of-pace back with special running skills.
16. Eagles William Moore S Missouri
Moore is a big man with a lot of athletic ability and position skills. With the great Brian Dawkins entering his 13th pro season, the time is right to find his replacement.
17. Saints Derry Beckwith LB LSU
All signs pointed to the Saints drafting local receiving star via the University of Kentucky, Dickie Lyons, but they do an about-face with top prospect Beckwith still available at the 17th pick of the first round.
18. Vikings Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin
Brian Billick returns to Minnesota and sees in Travis Beckum the type of inside receiving threat that is necessary in today's spread offensive systems.
19. Buccaneers Greg Carr WR Florida St.
The need for young blood at the position became apparent during the 2008 season. Both veteran starters Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard will not return for the '09 season, setting up the drafting of Biletnikoff Award winner Greg Carr.
20. Lions Antwain Robinson DE Arkansas
The Lions, under first-year GM Floyd Reece, hope to seriously upgrade the DE position with the selection of play-making defensive end Antwain Robinson.
21. Texans Alex Mack C California
The Texans, without hesitation, ran Mack's name up to the podium. The club believes that barring injury, this player has a chance to play for a dozen seasons at a championship level.
22. Bengals Fili Moala DT USC
Defensively, the Bengals showed a great deal of improvement in '08, but a young run-stopper must be found to replace an aging John Thornton on the inside.
23. Broncos Derek Pegues S Mississippi St.
John Lynch has had a long and productive career, but age, speed and injuries have taken their toll on this seasoned veteran. Derek Pegues give them another downhill player with young legs, excellent playing range and ball skills.
24. Giants Brian Cushing LB USC
The Giants have always had an affinity for big, fast backers. The home-grown Cushing is the kind of player the Giants hope can lead them back to the promised land. Team speed and the secondary play are other concerns.
25. Titans Brandon Spikes LB Florida
The middle linebacker position proved to be the Titans' undoing in '08. Spikes provides them with a developing player who should factor early on special teams and develop into a starter at some time in his rookie season.
26. Seahawks Graham Harrell QB Texas Tech
The time has come to develop a young quarterback prospect for the future. Although considered a system quarterback, the Seahawks like his throwing release, accuracy, arm strength and poise.
27. Packers P.J. Hill RB Wisconsin
A big, ball-control back is essential to take some of the pressure off the Packers' young QB prospect Aaron Rodgers. The Packers like Hill's catching skills along with his single-back running potential.
28. Colts Jeremy Perry OG Oregon St.
It's always been about protecting Peyton Manning, and in Jeremy Perry the Colts have a smart, athletic, experienced big man with unlimited playing potential. The Colts would have considered drafting either of the QBs selected in the round with the thought that nothing lasts forever.
29. Jaguars Jeff Owens DT Georgia
Grady Jackson finally ran out of gas and Jimmy Kennedy once again proved he does not have either the quickness or play strength to win with at the pro level. The Jaguars felt very fortunate to be able to draft Owens this deep in the round.
30. Patriots Ciron Black OT LSU
For the second year in a row, the Patriots' offensive line proved to be its undoing. The Patriots hope that in Black they have found a player who can and will develop into a top left tackle for many years to come.
31. Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC
The play of inside backers Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm for the Super Bowl runner-up Chargers has been nothing short of outstanding, but the talented Chargers felt that the two-time All-American selection from just up the road, USC's Rey Maualuga was just too good to pass up in the 31st selection.
32. Cowboys Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma
Oklahoma's Robinson is just another in a long line of wide bodies who have become a hallmark of the Super Bowl-champion Cowboys' offensive success.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Seems like every mock has us picking in the top 10 I hope if Croyle drops the ball next year we go after a Franchise QB.

SPchief
04-27-2008, 03:51 AM
What's the point? We're in the middle of THIS YEARS draft.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 03:54 AM
Branden Albert is a left tackle, and possibly the most talented in this draft. He's going to be our LT in 2008. I'm not ready to even think about going balls out for a LT next year unless Albert is awful, which I can't see being the case.

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 04:05 AM
What's the point? We're in the middle of THIS YEARS draft.

I'm still excited for tomorrow's Draft I just thought it would be fun to speculate on what the Chiefs would be thinking about drafting in 09.

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Branden Albert is a left tackle, and possibly the most talented in this draft. He's going to be our LT in 2008. I'm not ready to even think about going balls out for a LT next year unless Albert is awful, which I can't see being the case.

If we do take oher would we move Albert back to guard grooming him to take Waters Spot when he leaves?

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 04:58 AM
JESUS CHRIST WE STILL HAVE FIVE ROUNDS OF THIS ONE LEFT

sparkky
04-27-2008, 05:01 AM
"2. Chiefs Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Passing on a corner in the opening round proved to be the Chiefs' undoing. With Marty Schottenheimer back in town and wearing both hats (coach and GM), this aspect of the game will be taken care of very quickly."

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 05:19 AM
JESUS CHRIST WE STILL HAVE FIVE ROUNDS OF THIS ONE LEFT

Its not like I posted this while we were on the clock I was just looking to past some time bye before the draft starts.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 05:51 AM
If we do take oher would we move Albert back to guard grooming him to take Waters Spot when he leaves?

I would hope that we don't take Oher if Albert shows Pro Bowl LT ability and instead focus on a monster DE or perhaps a top QB if one grades out high enough.

DenverChief
04-27-2008, 05:53 AM
hey has anyone seen the 2010 mocks? I interested in what freshmen/sophomores I should watch this upcoming year

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 05:58 AM
I would hope that we don't take Oher if Albert shows Pro Bowl LT ability and instead focus on a monster DE or perhaps a top QB if one grades out high enough.

Alot of Mocks dont show tomany DE going in the 1st wonder if its a weak year for passrushers next year.

milkman
04-27-2008, 06:01 AM

Agreed.

And after watching Herb Taylor in his short time last year, I think he will play RT from day one in '08, and they will form a hell of a LT/RT combo for years to come.

If we can land Jeremy Zuttah or Eric Young, or both, today, our O-Line would be well on the way back to elite status.

milkman
04-27-2008, 06:05 AM

Or how about LBs like James James Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga.

royr17
04-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Yea five rounds left not to mention that we have 9 picks today.

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Am I the only one drooling at the thought of George Selvie and Glenn Dorsey on the same defensive line?

milkman
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Am I the only one drooling at the thought of George Selvie and Glenn Dorsey on the same defensive line?

No.