PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Offensive line anyone?

KC kid
04-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Anyone wish we had gone for more line help by now?

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Croyle isn't going to be throwing to anyone from flat on his back because our O-l still has holes.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I do, but this draft is deep with linemen. There will be great talent available as undrafted free agents.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
DON'T REACH FOR NEED - F**K THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

Albert - LT
Waters - LG
McIntosh - RT

Develop our own center and guard. CLEARLY the Chiefs like a couple guys already on the roster. Nevermind the fact that we can get a decent center (the second-best center in the draft is still available) in five or six.

blueballs
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Will Stivteck was a 7th rounder

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 10:24 AM
what u people arent understanding is that we can go 3 and out each time and win. . dorsey will get a sack cause a fumble, then scoop it up. . then rumble and stumble down field and do a front flip into the endzone. . i expect he'll do this like 3 times a game. . we should win each game 21-4

dude that's arena league

noa
04-27-2008, 10:25 AM
What you guys don't understand is that NY58 is a freaking genius and the Chiefs should have listened to him. They could have fixed their entire OL, drafted a starting WR, two CBs, a QB, a TE, a DT, DE, and LB all in one draft. This team can turn it around in one offseason, and NY58 knows how!

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I do, but this draft is deep with linemen. There will be great talent available as undrafted free agents.Don't confuse them with facts...

Fish
04-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Ya know... some people here have been saying since well before the draft that we shouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs don't draft 5 OLinemen.

And plenty of guards and centers are still there.....

milkman
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
DON'T REACH FOR NEED - F**K THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

Albert - LT
Waters - LG
McIntosh - RT

Develop our own center and guard. CLEARLY the Chiefs like a couple guys already on the roster. Nevermind the fact that we can get a decent center (the second-best center in the draft is still available) in five or six.

I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

ceebz
04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I really would've liked Zuttah over Morgan.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

He's not a guy that keeps Albert on the bench, either, and I'd rather have him at RT protecting Croyle than any interior OL position getting buried and bulldozed.

Regardless, we've got SOME talent on the OL. People overstate how bad it is. It's guys like Terry and Turley that caused most of the problems, and let's not forget how awful Wiegmann was.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 10:39 AM
i wouldve liked to see them trade down for 2 picks and took clady over dorsey ..OMG Monumentally dumb!

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.No, he's not. He'll do for now.

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

not a great lt

can't do worse then what we had for rt last year

beach tribe
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

No, but, he can pass block over there for one season.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Regardless, we've got SOME talent on the OL. People overstate how bad it is. It's guys like Terry and Turley that caused most of the problems, and let's not forget how awful Wiegmann was.

If they were so bad what does that say about their backups that they couldn't replace them?

tomahawk kid
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

You think we could get away with moving him to RG?

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
If they were so bad what does that say about their backups that they couldn't replace them?

That's fools logic.

Dwayne Bowe wasn't the opening day starter at WR. Because he "couldn't replace them," do we really want Kennison and Parker starting?

We'll see what we have next year with a young line, hopefully added to in the next couple of picks. That's where you get VALUE for interior OL.

kstater
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
:banghead:

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
That's fools logic.

Dwayne Bowe wasn't the opening day starter at WR. Because he "couldn't replace them," do we really want Kennison and Parker starting?

We'll see what we have next year with a young line, hopefully added to in the next couple of picks. That's where you get VALUE for interior OL.

I disagree about Bowe. Everyone knew at some point last season Bowe was going to start it wasn't a question of if it was a question of when. He just got "lucky" that Eddie got hurt in Game 1.

I am hoping that in the 5 picks in the last 3 rounds they can add a couple of players on the O-Line.

StcChief
04-27-2008, 11:36 AM
McIntosh at RT? worth a shot. we get another G, Waters wont be around forever

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Reality check:

KC allowed 55 sacks last year (T-last)
KC rushed for 78 YPG last year (last).

I'm all excited about the DT, CBs, WR, RB, etc... but this was supposed to be the draft that addressed the OL.

Right now we are looking at Albert, Waters, MacIntosh and Niswanger. No telling who will play what and there ain't crap there for depth.

Remember, Gailey will run a lot of 2-TE sets with downhill rushing plays. I'm not seeing the kind of top tier OL that can that done here.

Brock
04-27-2008, 12:44 PM
The Chiefs are doing exactly what they should. Taking the best players they can get on this horrible team, regardless of position. I don't care about Brodie Croyle, and I don't care about Larry getting his yards. I don't care if they finish dead last in offense. This is year one of a multiyear rebuilding project.

Braincase
04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking that we've already targeted some good UFA's to bring in at OL right after the draft. Rudy Niswanger is going to be our center this year, another LSU guy, former team captain, 4.0 GPA and he's been accepted to LSU Med School. We all know rebuilding this team is going to be a multi-year project, and if we can find another Niswanger/Szott player (Szott was a 7th rounder).

There's going to be alot of smart undrafted OL's out there, and right now, I think we can still nab some serviceable guys that will go undrafted.

Frankie
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
He's not a guy that keeps Albert on the bench, either, and I'd rather have him at RT protecting Croyle than any interior OL position getting buried and bulldozed.

3 Fs, 1 A-, and 1 B- .

(3x0)+3.75+2.75= 6.5

6.5/5= 1.3

That's a D+ quality Offensive line. And it underachieved on that too. Yikes!

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Sorry, I can't get excited about building a SB grade OL on the cheap. Especially since there is no franchise QB on this roster.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-27-2008, 12:55 PM
didn't Svitek show a little bit at RT towards the end of the year? Herb Taylor is still a decent guard prospect. Just adding Albert is already a tremendous improvement to the line. Wiegmann and Welbourne were terrible last season

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
what u people arent understanding is that we can go 3 and out each time and win. . dorsey will get a sack cause a fumble, then scoop it up. . then rumble and stumble down field and do a front flip into the endzone. . i expect he'll do this like 3 times a game. . we should win each game 21-4

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skepticism.jpg

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Whole thread = LOL

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Its pretty sad the way some of you regulars treat noobs.

:shake:

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone wish we had gone for more line help by now?

You are asking questions that aren't allowed here.

Glen Dorsey will play LT

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry, I can't get excited about building a SB grade OL on the cheap. Especially since there is no franchise QB on this roster.

since this is the last draft ever in the NFL, i see your point....

Frankie
04-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Its pretty sad the way some of you regulars treat noobs.

:shake:

I agree. But some n00bs ask for it by mouthing off to vested veterans.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I can't say this enough.

McGinatosh is not a RT.

you guys are forgetting Herb Taylor and his ability to play RG/RT

Extra Point
04-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm thinking that we've already targeted some good UFA's to bring in at OL right after the draft. Rudy Niswanger is going to be our center this year, another LSU guy, former team captain, 4.0 GPA and he's been accepted to LSU Med School. We all know rebuilding this team is going to be a multi-year project, and if we can find another Niswanger/Szott player (Szott was a 7th rounder).

There's going to be alot of smart undrafted OL's out there, and right now, I think we can still nab some serviceable guys that will go undrafted.

I like your optomism.

Extra Point
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
you guys are forgetting Herb Taylor and his ability to play RG/RT

I hope this guy doesn't acquire the nickname "Herbs" or "Peaches."

Frankie
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM

That would be Rich Scanlon territory. You are expecting too much of Dorsey.

boogblaster
04-28-2008, 08:57 AM
OL is a hard spot to refill .. that said, there should be some quality players out there somewhere ....

tomahawk kid
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Heard this morning that it sounds like they're going to start Richardson at RT, meaning that (I'm assuming) McIntosh would move to RG?