PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Not taking Doucet screws up the Chiefs draft

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
They had Early Doucet sitting there in the 3rd round and passed him over in favor of Jamal Charles and Brad Cottom. That wouldn't be so bad if the Chiefs didn't plan on picking up any wide receivers, but they went on to spend 2 picks on wide receivers who will probably never see the field (4th round and 5th rounder), basically throwing those picks away when they could've used those picks on quality offensive lineman. For one of those 2 early 3rd rounders you would've had yourself a starter but now you have nothing but a backup RB and blocking TE.

Typical Chiefs.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2008, 03:08 PM
They took Charles over Doucet, not over the TE. Doucet was gone by the time we picked again.

Maybe you should learn how to read before you type this shit.

Typical, B A - just looking for a reason to complain.

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 03:11 PM
They took Doucet over Charles, not over the TE.

Maybe you should learn how to read before you type this shit.

Typical, B A - just looking for a reason to complain.
ROFL
um actually they took charles over doucet

you could probably follow your own advice

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Negative Chester. Doucet was drafted with the 81st pick. Jamal Charles was drafted with the 73rd pick and Cottam the 76th pick. Arizona picked up Doucet one pick prior to our last 3rd rounder.

Chiefs passed over him not once but twice.

Mecca
04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think the Chiefs valued Doucet that much because he's short and not a speed guy...

Basileus777
04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Doucet is never going to be anything more than a slot guy. You're overrating him because he played for LSU.

The Bad Guy
ROFL
um actually they took charles over doucet

you could probably follow your own advice

It was a typo. Flip Charles and Doucet in that sentence.

Chiefmanwillcatch
Carl Peterson

J Diddy
I don't think the Chiefs valued Doucet that much because he's short and not a speed guy...

the short is why we didn't want him

J Diddy
It was a typo. Flip Charles and Doucet in that sentence.

I know i just found it ironic

HolmeZz
04-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Apparently not taking Doucet screwed up the drafts of 30 others teams too.

CosmicPal
Ohhhhh puhhhlleeezze.

For ONCE, the Chiefs drafted well, didn't reach, and picked up some solid football players to make this team a whole lot more competitive for years to come.

Deberg_1990
I love how the NFL draft makes millions of couch potatoes into instant NFL GM's and scouts.

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I love how the NFL draft makes millions of couch potatoes into instant NFL GM's and scouts.

I dunno about instant nfl gm and scout

but I couldn't possibly do worse than espn's adhd styled coverage

Sure-Oz
04-27-2008, 03:17 PM
we should forfeit the draft due to this HUGE error, people always find a reason to bitch about the littlest thing...

rtmike
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I think they could have got that TE with the last of their thirds and got Doucet with the second pick. That was the only pick I didn't like but was right that they were gonna spend a third on a TE. :D

Delano
04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Kevin Robinson sees the field next year.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh no! We didnt draft Doucet. There goes my Super Bowl hopes for 08......

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Apparently not taking Doucet screwed up the drafts of 30 others teams too.

It's not passing over him that screwed up the draft. It's passing over him and then using 2 picks on wide receivers who will probably be gone in 2 years. It shows that yes the Chiefs do acknowledge that getting a #2 receiver is a need, yes they do want to address it in the draft, and yes it is a priority. But too little too late.

irishjayhawk
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM

I think I could have drafted better than the Titans merely by watching ESPN/NFL NETWORK's coverage.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I think I could have drafted better than the Titans merely by watching ESPN/NFL NETWORK's coverage.

How do know its good or bad until you see these guys play??

All the grading does now is how a team drafted for team need. Every team has a different plan of attack. They may not have been theirs.

kcxiv
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
After drafting Dorsey, Albert and Flowers in 1 and 2, we somehow screwed it up because we didnt draft a WR in the 2nd day? YEAH OK!

If this is the case. I hope they draft and screw it up like they did this year, EVERY year.

DJ's left nut
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
It's not passing over him that screwed up the draft. It's passing over him and then using 2 picks on wide receivers who will probably be gone in 2 years. It shows that yes the Chiefs do acknowledge that getting a #2 receiver is a need, yes they do want to address it in the draft, and yes it is a priority. But too little too late.

Will Franklin will have a better NFL career than Doucet...and I'm only luke-warm at best on the Franklin pick.

Playing in the SEC does not automatically make one a good player. Doucet is too small, too slow and too limited to be anything more than a slot receiver.

banyon
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Playing in the SEC does not automatically make one a good player. Doucet is too small, too slow and too limited to be anything more than a slot receiver.

It doesn't hurt.

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Will Franklin will have a better NFL career than Doucet...and I'm only luke-warm at best on the Franklin pick.

Dude I know there are a lot of Missou homers around here but I imagine even many of them are rolling their eyes at that statement. We'll see.

Mecca
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Wait Wait Wait......that Doucet shit is skewed don't do that. He gets to be a slot WR with the 2 best starting WR's in the league.....he should get open when teams don't pay him any mind.

T-post Tom
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Ohhhhh puhhhlleeezze.

For ONCE, the Chiefs drafted well, didn't reach, and picked up some solid football players to make this team a whole lot more competitive for years to come.

:clap::clap::clap:

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Not saying they didn't have an overall good draft because they did, BUT, it could have easily been that much better. :)