PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft The Mizzou homer says...

Ralphy Boy
04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
why not Temple & Spieker? What have we got at center, that guy we just signed, Wade Smith, is it right? Forgot about Niswanger.

Temple looked better than McFadden or Felix Jones in the bowl game.

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm sure a couple MU and KU players will get picked up by us.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't think we have room for Temple, with Charles on board.

I'd give Spieker a good look, though.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I assume we'll at least bring Tempel in for a look. From what I read about Spieker, though, I don't think he's got much of a chance of making it to the next level.

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't see any place for Temple on this team. I don't think getting the center would be a bad move for depth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Pig Brown. The guy just makes plays. He's got a lot more long term ability than Jon f*ckin' McGraw.

siberian khatru
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Temple would be good in Denver with their running scheme.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Temple would be good in Denver with their running scheme.

:mad:

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't see any place for Temple on this team. I don't think getting the center would be a bad move for depth.I agree, mainly because Charles is a better RB who fills the same role.

You just don't like him because of your high school rivalry, though... right? :D

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Pig Brown. The guy just makes plays. He's got a lot more long term ability than Jon f*ckin' McGraw.Ooh, good call. The guy's got heart, too.

siberian khatru
:mad:

Yeah, I know. :(

Frazod
Pig Brown. The guy just makes plays. He's got a lot more long term ability than Jon f*ckin' McGraw.

Sucks he got hurt last year.

siberian khatru
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Pig Brown. The guy just makes plays. .

Except against OU. :grr:

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree, mainly because Charles is a better RB who fills the same role.

You just don't like him because of your high school rivalry, though... right? :D

Temple could be a change of pace back for a team. Possibly in mold of Betts in Washington.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Sucks he got hurt last year.

Yeah, but I think he can contribute to an NFL roster. He's also the kind of guy that herm would love.

For the hell of it:

Strengths:
Adequate size and bulk...A team leader and captain...Aggressive and has a great motor...Reliable tackler...Can deliver the big hit...Tough and physical...Does a nice job versus the run...Quick...Playmaker in the secondary...Hard worker..Productive.

Weaknesses:
Has serious health and durability concerns...Timed speed is just average...Lacks a burst to recover...Could stand to add some weight...Will have trouble matching up in man coverage...Just two years of DI experience...Only a starter for one season.

Notes:
First name is Cornelius...Transfer from Reedley (CA) Community College...Ruptured his ruptured his right Achilles tendon late in the '07 season and his availability for the start of '08 is in question..Would have gone a lot earlier if not for the injury so if he can fully recover some team just may get themselves a nice late round steal.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, but I think he can contribute to an NFL roster. He's also the kind of guy that herm would love.

For the hell of it:

Strengths:
Adequate size and bulk...A team leader and captain...Aggressive and has a great motor...Reliable tackler...Can deliver the big hit...Tough and physical...Does a nice job versus the run...Quick...Playmaker in the secondary...Hard worker..Productive.

Weaknesses:
Has serious health and durability concerns...Timed speed is just average...Lacks a burst to recover...Could stand to add some weight...Will have trouble matching up in man coverage...Just two years of DI experience...Only a starter for one season.

Notes:
First name is Cornelius...Transfer from Reedley (CA) Community College...Ruptured his ruptured his right Achilles tendon late in the '07 season and his availability for the start of '08 is in question..Would have gone a lot earlier if not for the injury so if he can fully recover some team just may get themselves a nice late round steal.

Hey, you had me at hello. :D

Demonpenz
04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
since nfl running backs have the life of a huey side gunner in vietnam temple will catch on somewhere

nychief
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Five Missouri players get NFL contracts; Temple signs with Cleveland
By MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star
Five football players from the University of Missouri have agreed to free-agent contracts, including running back Tony Temple and cornerback Darnell Terrell, who are set to join fourth-round draft pick Martin Rucker with the Cleveland Browns.

“It’s going to be the University of Missouri-Cleveland,” joked Shane Mecham, Temple's agent.

Others who, according to their agents, have agreed to free-agent invitations are: offensive lineman Tyler Luellen with San Diego; center Adam Spieker with Oakland; and defensive lineman Lorenzo Williams with Baltimore.

Tim Rogers, who represents Luellen, said he was working on free-agent interest in safety Pig Brown, who suffered a rupture of his right Achilles midway through MU’s 2007 season.

Throw in receiver Will Franklin, drafted Sunday in the fourth round by the Chiefs, and seven former Tigers will be in NFL mini-camps starting as early as this weekend.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Die Spieker, die.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Five Missouri players get NFL contracts; Temple signs with Cleveland
By MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star
Five football players from the University of Missouri have agreed to free-agent contracts, including running back Tony Temple and cornerback Darnell Terrell, who are set to join fourth-round draft pick Martin Rucker with the Cleveland Browns.

“It’s going to be the University of Missouri-Cleveland,” joked Shane Mecham, Temple's agent.

Others who, according to their agents, have agreed to free-agent invitations are: offensive lineman Tyler Luellen with San Diego; center Adam Spieker with Oakland; and defensive lineman Lorenzo Williams with Baltimore.

Tim Rogers, who represents Luellen, said he was working on free-agent interest in safety Pig Brown, who suffered a rupture of his right Achilles midway through MU’s 2007 season.

Throw in receiver Will Franklin, drafted Sunday in the fourth round by the Chiefs, and seven former Tigers will be in NFL mini-camps starting as early as this weekend.Awesome. Go guys.... best of luck to ya.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Die Spieker, die.LMAO

Mecca
04-27-2008, 07:43 PM

McGraw is Herm's boyfriend.