PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Even Broncos think we had a great draft

banyon
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68067

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68029

You cannot deny that the Chiefs killed this draft. Dorsey and Albert gave me chest pains. Jamaal Charles is the one pick where I thought they blew it. I think he's a Tatum type RB. Other than that though, there isn't a team in the league that improved more than the Chiefs. They made the most of trading their best player, but they did trade their best player. We'll see if it pays off. On paper, it's the best draft in the league. Overall: A LMAO

the chiefs had an outstanding day............much better than ours........

Is that a serious question? A good DT is more valuable. By far. Hell, Allen was a 4th round pick. So was Dumervil. You can find good DEs. How many top DTs are there in the league? If they were easy to come by, we wouldn't keep signing and trading for castoffs in the hopes of finding one.

Dorsey is an absolute freak. I hoped like hell the Falcons would take him, because I didn't want him anywhere near the AFC West.

KC had the best draft in the league, cannot deny it.

I hate to admit it but I think that the Chefs won out. They did good on their selections. Those Bastards! Welcome to my world, Utah State ranked #117 out of 119 D-1 schools. Our only bright spot, Kevin Robinson, who just got drafted by the Chefs, this really hurt. Oh well one day we celebrate K-Rob, now we just hate him

TEX
04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Who cares what they think? We certainly don't need them to justify anything. If anyone doubts it, they're misinformed.

banyon
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Who cares what they think? We certainly don't need them to justify anything. If anyone doubts it, they're misinformed.

for amusement purposes only.

Rasputin
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM

I care and I'm loving it :D

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Who cares what they think? We certainly don't need them to justify anything. If anyone doubts it, they're misinformed.Nobody, really... but respect from even your biggest rival says a little something.

KC did a good job. An excellent job... for once.

xbarretx
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
:clap:

teedubya
04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
this weekend will likely be the Chiefs only highlight this year.

beach tribe
04-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Rusty Shackelford?

Is Rust shack trolling them? Heh.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I said it yesterday and I say it again now: the Allen trade was the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years. That trade made this draft possible.

And if Glenn Dorsey is what everybody seems to think he is, if he's a dominant tackle a la Warren Sapp in his prime, he's worth about ten Jared Allens. Because while edge rushers are certainly valueable, they sure as hell ain't rare, and I still think we have one left on the roster right now who's capable of at least as much as Allen did last year. And this Johnston kid, a year or two from now with some seasoning, has the measurables to be the kind of strong side end we haven't seen here in a long time, someone along the lines of Trevor Pryce to steal a Donkey player (Neil Smith's a little too optimismistic, even for me).

'course, he could also be Terdell Sands at LDE.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 08:39 PM
this weekend will likely be the Chiefs only highlight this year.Thanks, Debbie Downer.

Yeah, the Chiefs probably wont be great next season. That said, I'm ready for training camp. It's gonna be fun.

For the record, I'm really, really happy that a guy like you is a beaker, and not a Mizzou fan. With your general attitude, I'd find it really hard to defend you.

Mile High Mania
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done. Nice weekend overall...

I think Denver did well and Oakland has some interesting new players - via FA as well. I'm very curious to see how OAK performs this year... they got a lot of new weapons, it's just a matter of time.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done.If there's any team that could do it, it would be us...

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done. Nice weekend overall...

I think Denver did well and Oakland has some interesting new players - via FA as well. I'm very curious to see how OAK performs this year... they got a lot of new weapons, it's just a matter of time.Thanks man.

You have to understand... this draft, for Chiefs fans, was like winning the lottery. We all hoped for the best... with so many picks... but damn, it just all went so well.

Hopefully we'll be right back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Mile High Mania
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I completely understand the excitement... the team has been in need of repair and they needed a few homeruns.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Debbie Downer.

Yeah, the Chiefs probably wont be great next season. That said, I'm ready for training camp. It's gonna be fun.

For the record, I'm really, really happy that a guy like you is a beaker, and not a Mizzou fan. With your general attitude, I'd find it really hard to defend you.

im glad to be a KU fan also. Championships are rare here in the midwest.

Yeah. This weekend WILL be the highlight. You have to remember, Herm is a good evaluator of talent... but a horrible coach. And Carl is still the GM.

We will win at most 6 games.

That being said, I enjoyed our superbowl draft weekend.

Coach
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I completely understand the excitement... the team has been in need of repair and they needed a few homeruns.

I take it the Clady pick wasn't well received over there?

RealSNR
04-27-2008, 09:06 PM

I think Denver did well and Oakland has some interesting new players - via FA as well. I'm very curious to see how OAK performs this year... they got a lot of new weapons, it's just a matter of time.Dunno about that. That team isn't going anywhere until Greasy Al relinquishes total control. Either that or he dies.

Ugly Duck
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
That team isn't going anywhere until Greasy Al relinquishes total control.

Why not? He's brought home three (3) Lombardis & was back to the Bowl just 5 years ago. Feast & famine, up & down. No reason to believe that won't continue as usual.

Of course you guys had a great draft! You decided to rebuild through the draft.... taking advantage of your high picks & trading your best player for more picks. It was by design & it worked great. Al Davis did just the opposite... trading his picks for NFL players instead. You had a voluminous draft, we had a truncated one. You definately won the 2008 draft.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Yeah. This weekend WILL be the highlight. You have to remember, Herm is a good evaluator of talent... but a horrible coach. And Carl is still the GM.

That being said, I enjoyed our superbowl draft weekend.Nobody who knows anything is concerned about next season's record.

You've made it a point to be the biggest asshole of a beaker you could be at every turn. Then, when the the Chiefs have one of the best drafts anyone anyone can remember, you go ahead and piss all over that too.

You've become a hateful, spiteful, cynical prick, Ari.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I think we're gonna shock the world and win 7.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM

mwha ha haah ahah a

I prefer evil genious. ROFL

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Holy shit.

Sometimes, these donkos can be out of control

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68074 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
mwha ha haah ahah a

I prefer evil genious. ROFLI think "evil moron" suits you better.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I think "evil moron" suits you better.

Ok, crybaby.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Ok, crybaby.If calling you out for being a complete douchenozzle makes me a crybaby, pass the ****in' tissues.

LMAO

Logical
04-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Why not? He's brought home three (3) Lombardis & was back to the Bowl just 5 years ago. Feast & famine, up & down. No reason to believe that won't continue as usual.

Of course you guys had a great draft! You decided to rebuild through the draft.... taking advantage of your high picks & trading your best player for more picks. It was by design & it worked great. Al Davis did just the opposite... trading his picks for NFL players instead. You had a voluminous draft, we had a truncated one. You definately won the 2008 draft.

For Oakland it is more a win now situation cept at QB and RB so all the free agent moves might payoff. I cept your dogs to be in the Wildcard hunt if Jamarcus is on point.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:37 PM
heh, championship envy is started to gain traction. Spite and anger abound!

The Chiefs have ruined most of the hope and happiness that I have for their team. We had a great draft... but seriously, are the Chiefs going to see a Superbowl with Carl and Herm at the helm? No.

but... this is a good starting point. But we are still going to suck.

Rock Chalk KCMuron.

You are starting to remind me of this guy. http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/moxiepix/b2_2694.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 09:38 PM

That being said, I enjoyed our superbowl draft weekend.

Yeah, you're pretty much a c*nt.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey if I make you MUron's mad. Then I am serving my country proudly. Long live America.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
heh, championship envy is started to gain traction. Spite and anger abound!

The Chiefs have ruined most of the hope and happiness that I have for their team. We had a great draft... but seriously, are the Chiefs going to see a Superbowl with Carl and Herm at the helm? No.

but... this is a good starting point. But we are still going to suck.

Rock Chalk KCMuron.

You are starting to remind me of this guy. http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/moxiepix/b2_2694.jpgThanks for proving my point, as if anyone needed more material to work with.

Everyone here knows (hopefully) that I give respect where it's due. Many of your beaker brethren deserve it.... you, sir... do not.

Adept Havelock
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
What's that I feel reading the ramblings of bronco fans?

It's a glimmer, deeo in my heart. It's a gleam. It's a gleam, men...

It's SCHADENFRUNDE!!!!

Thank you banyon, your post provided a sweet moment communing with my inner Kraut... :D

Yeah, you're pretty much a c*nt.

Nah, a c*nt can be highly desirable if affixed to the right individual.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/fit,400by400/Crybaby2web-00cdea49c29aabbd2a4c2c69a46b17e3.jpg

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Nobody who knows anything is concerned about next season's record.

You've made it a point to be the biggest asshole of a beaker you could be at every turn. Then, when the the Chiefs have one of the best drafts anyone anyone can remember, you go ahead and piss all over that too.

That seems a little harsh. Just because he doesn't think they'll do well next season? And he seems to be giving credit where its due regarding the draft, contrary to what you're saying here. Granted, his next few posts are a little worse.. but you got the ball rolling with this post.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
That seems a little harsh. Just because he doesn't think they'll do well next season? And he seems to be giving credit where its due regarding the draft, contrary to what you're saying here. Granted, his next few posts are a little worse.. but you got the ball rolling with this post.You have no idea...

Almost every Jayhawk fan has been cool. Sure, there's the occasional jab, but that's to be expected. Honestly... it takes a LOT to get me riled up. I'm not one to get into this internet fighting bullshit.

This guy's been posting daily threads on why and how Mizzou sucks ass. Ask him, I'm sure he's proud of all of them.

Then, when we're feeling really good about this draft, and our future.... he's running his yap about how KC's the draft Super Bowl winners, and wont amount to shit anyway.

I'll be honest... I just really dislike the guy. I could run down a long list of KU fans who post here that I do like... Ari's just not one of them.

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
You have no idea...

Almost every Jayhawk fan has been cool. Sure, there's the occasional jab, but that's to be expected. Honestly... it takes a LOT to get me riled up. I'm not one to get into this internet fighting bullshit.

This guy's been posting daily threads on why and how Mizzou sucks ass. Ask him, I'm sure he's proud of all of them.

Then, when we're feeling really good about this draft, and our future.... he's running his yap about how KC's the draft Super Bowl winners, and wont amount to shit anyway.

I'll be honest... I just really dislike the guy. I could run down a long list of KU fans who post here that I do like... Ari's just not one of them.

Well, fair enough I suppose. I'm fairly pessimistic myself, so I don't mind it too much, but I can see how it could wear on you after awhile.

Ugly Duck
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Aw c'mon now, ChiefsFanz! You just had the best freakin draft you could have hoped for! Stockpiled more picks than anyone else & the players just fell right into place for you. Rather ungracious of you to actually complain about getting such a windfall of talent. Every fan in the country wishes their draft worked out like yours.... Lighten up! Celebrate!

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, fair enough I suppose. I'm fairly pessimistic myself, so I don't mind it too much, but I can see how it could wear on you after awhile.You might be right...

It's just that in the MU/KU rivalry... he's that one guy. Always runnin' his yap. Always trash talking. I'm sure he'll be very proud to be that guy.

Props Ari, you got me. I can't stand ya.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Aw c'mon now, ChiefsFanz! You just had the best freakin draft you could have hoped for! Stockpiled more picks than anyone else & the players just fell right into place for you. Rather ungracious of you to actually complain about getting such a windfall of talent. Every fan in the country wishes their draft worked out like yours.... Lighten up! Celebrate!Thanks UD. For the record, I'm tickled shitless about the draft. :D

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
You have no idea...

You'd be so much happier if you just ignored the pathetic little KUnt.

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Aw c'mon now, ChiefsFanz! You just had the best freakin draft you could have hoped for! Stockpiled more picks than anyone else & the players just fell right into place for you. Rather ungracious of you to actually complain about getting such a windfall of talent. Every fan in the country wishes their draft worked out like yours.... Lighten up! Celebrate!

Man, if only we drafted more like the raiders. :shake:

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, fair enough I suppose. I'm fairly pessimistic myself, so I don't mind it too much, but I can see how it could wear on you after awhile.

I know KcMizzou personally - he's one of the mildest, most laid back people I've ever met. It takes a SERIOUS ASSHOLE to get on such a person's nerves.

SPchief
04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Holy shit.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68074 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Asshole

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I know KcMizzou personally - he's one of the mildest, most laid back people I've ever met. It takes a SERIOUS ASSHOLE to get on such a person's nerves.

Well I just keep thinking that I liked Ari for some reason. I don't know why, maybe I'm just confusing him with some other poster. Dang first impressions! :)

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I just keep thinking that I liked Ari for some reason. I don't know why, maybe I'm just confusing him with some other poster. Dang first impressions! :)You're not wrong...

He wasn't always like this. I don't know WTF happened, honestly.

It wasn't the basketball championship.... it started before that.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Come to think of it... Ari started this leading up to the MU-KU game at Arrowhead.

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Well then, come back Ari! It doesn't have to be this way!

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I just keep thinking that I liked Ari for some reason. I don't know why, maybe I'm just confusing him with some other poster. Dang first impressions! :)

I was thinking perhaps he'd quit being such a complete cocksucker once one of his teams actually won something - but it only made him worse. When the Cardinals won the World Series, I didn't jam it up everybody's ass on a daily basis - I was just happy. Apparently he can't do that.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
I was thinking perhaps he'd quit being such a complete cocksucker once one of his teams actually won something - but it only made him worse. When the Cardinals won the World Series, I didn't jam it up everybody's ass on a daily basis - I was just happy. Apparently he can't do that.You'd think so, wouldn't ya?

I don't see any other KU fans running around making it a point to make an ass of themselves.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Making MUrons miserable has been one of my hobbies since birth. I can't help it. Its ingrained in my being. I grew up around too many of you MUron ****ers. I was the only KU fan in my grade...

Sniff. Please don't hate me because I win at teh intrawebs.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
besides, KCMUron, you didnt start getting mad at me, until I posted this video a couple places... heh.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHceOvR464s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHceOvR464s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
You'd think so, wouldn't ya?

I don't see any other KU fans running around making it a point to make an ass of themselves.

He's an embarrassment to many of them; even the ones who won't admit it.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Making MUrons miserable has been one of my hobbies since birth. I can't help it. Its ingrained in my being. I grew up around too many of you MUron ****ers. I was the only KU fan in my grade...

Sniff. Please don't hate me because I win at teh intrawebs.I'm still in awe of your "super powerful neg rep".

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:35 PM
heh. I thought that would lighten you up with a bit of laughter... apparently not. You are wound pretty tight lately. Must be all the KU championship shirts around town that you have been seeing lately.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
besides, KCMUron, you didnt start getting mad at me, until I posted this video a couple places... heh.
Nah. I've seen that many times. I started getting pissed when you started behaving like a classless asshole.

Mr Luzcious
I'm still in awe of your "super powerful neg rep".

Its influenced by post count? yes? no? Or by your own rep count?

Tribal Warfare
BWahaahah

Excellent :fire:

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Eh, I guess I've said everything I wanted to say.

I'm done with this.

Stinger
04-27-2008, 10:39 PM

Wasn't this the same guy who said he was leaving for a month if KU loses to MU at arrowhead this years only to sign on under a psudo name for a month or so????????????

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Wasn't this the same guy who said he was leaving for a month if KU loses to MU at arrowhead this years only to sign on under a psudo name for a month or so????????????

That's the one.

KcMizzou
Wasn't this the same guy who said he was leaving for a month if KU loses to MU at arrowhead this years only to sign on under a psudo name for a month or so????????????Damnit! I said I was done with this... now you're tempting me...lol

BigChiefFan
I think we're gonna shock the world and win 7.
Don't even go there, please. I dream of drafting in the top 5 again next year.:D

Rausch
04-27-2008, 10:41 PM

Indeed.

I'm sure Al Gore is mailing you a golden keyboard as we speak...

Kaylore
04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey guys! I thought I'd weigh in on your draft. I think even the most bitter Broncos fan can't deny you guys had a great draft. You gave up a lot to get them and it will take a few years for them to make a regular impact, but for a rebuilding year you guys did well. Here's my take:

Dorsey: Best player in the draft. I'm kind of glad you took him because we needed Clady to fall but good pick. I am quietly hoping he'll bust, and many defensive tackles do, but I really think at worst he'll be a solid starter for many years. A+

Albert: Great pick. I really wanted him for us at right tackle. The guy is a beast. I hope you guys try him at left tackle - he will not succeed there. He doesn't have the lateral movement to make it there. Then again, he might have to because of how crappy your line is. A+

Brandon Flowers: Another stellar pick. The best cover 2 corner in the draft. Some think best overall (he's not). For where you took him, an exceptional pick. A+

Jamaal Charles: Ah now good ol' Carl is showing his ugly head again. Congratulations: You just drafted Tatum Bell. He's a speedster and probably was brought in to help offer a one-two compliment to Larry Johnson. Problem is I think Johnson's done (400+ carries always followed by injury the following year and then career over two years after that) which would leave Charles as a one dimensional back with no other dimension. Best player available though, so C +

Brad Cottam: A measurables guy with no skill. I didn't like this pick either. He can't play football. He doesn't block well, he drops balls and his size helped little in any of these things. This is your first "bust" pick. D

DaJuan Morgan: Great pick. I think he'll be one of the best safeties in the draft. He's raw but athletic and plays with a lot of aggression. He has the range to go deep and likes to play run support. A redeeming pick after the prior two blunders. A

Will Franklin: A pretty good pick. I like his compliment to Bowe and his hands are good. It's a bit of a reach, but there was a run on receivers and you guys probably had to take one. He doesn't have much production and didn't play special teams. Boom or Bust type of guy. B -

Brandon Carr: Another measurables guy with marginal skill. He looked raw playing in Division two. A total project played marginal teams. He has good ball skills, but lacks several fundamentals. Many didn't even have him on their board. D

Barry Richardson: Excellent pick. Big, athletic guy who is strong with great feet. He's a project and will take a few years to learn the game, but he could end up being one of the gems of the draft. He fills a huge need too. A

Kevin Robinson: A solid special teams guy. He'll never be more than that, but if he can catch up to the speed of the NFL, he should be able to have a good career as a return man. He sucks at route running and sometimes gets the dropsies. B

Brian Johnston: Great value here. Some had him as high as a fourth round selection. Is a tough, hard nosed player. Works very hard. He'll have a rough time making it in the NFL, but for a 7th round selection is a great choice. A

Mike Merritt: I don't know anything about him. A blocking tight end I guess. I'll just go C

Overall you guys did very well. Your first three picks are your crowning glory. Everything else is just gravy which makes the middle round failures acceptable and the late round value choices pretty good. Surprised you still think Croyle is the answer (he isn't) and surprised that you guys didn't take any linebackers (it was a weak class, though). Half of all picks don't work out, so for a team that will be competing for last in the division next season, you guys gave yourselves something to look forward to.

Overall grade: B+

Frazod
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm still in awe of your "super powerful neg rep".

The pathetic little cumstain just nailed me too. LMAO

Couldn't even knock me down from Kyle status, though. I guess his neg rep is as dickless as he is.

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Making MUrons miserable has been one of my hobbies since birth.

Maybe you deal with things differently than most?

That has to be one of the strangest posts ever.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Nice review Kaylore.

The goal was to get 5-6 starters from the draft... and I can see that happening by 2009. This next year for KC is going to be tough... but, Carl's contract is almost done, so there is hope after that.

Rausch
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
The pathetic little cumstain just nailed me too. LMAO

Couldn't even knock me down from Kyle status, though. I guess his neg rep is as dickless as he is.

I doubt you took any noticable hit at all. :)

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Suddenly, Ari wants to get back on topic. LMAO

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Nah. I've seen that many times. I started getting pissed when you started behaving like a classless asshole.

Hm, I should have read more of the thread before I made the last post.

I guess all you can is chuckle at someone who believes he goes around and makes people miserable about stuff like this. I think it says a lot more about him than MU fans.

Oh well, its hard to be a fan. ROFL

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:48 PM
I can't believe some of you guys are being so hateful... especially after I brought you all this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183723 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

DaFace
04-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Holy shit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Bastard.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.k5kj.net/Ltng02.jpg

Basileus777
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Damn....there's some real melodrama going on in here.

BigRock
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
I was hoping this thread was going to have quotes from actual Broncos.

Champ: "Man, you see what the Chiefs did this weekend? Screw you, ratface."

Cutler: "Whoa, the Chiefs had an awesome draft. Wait, no, I'm just stoned. WAIT, no, they really DID have an awesome draft. What is this we're smoking? I'M FREAKIN' OUT, MAN."

Parker & Wiegmann: :deevee:

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
mwha ha haah ahah a

I prefer evil genious. ROFL

I think he's more the ambigiously gay KU frat boy with a size 9 poop chute type. :)

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Bastard.You know what's ****ed up? I actually enjoy a good rickroll now and then. :D

Mr Luzcious
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM

Cutler: "Whoa, the Chiefs had an awesome draft. Wait, no, I'm just stoned. WAIT, no, they really DID have an awesome draft. What is this we're smoking? I'M FREAKIN' OUT, MAN."

Wait, Wiegmann is a bronco now? :cuss:

teedubya
04-27-2008, 10:55 PM

I know, right? For the record... at least we can all unite in our hatred for Denver and Oakland. Ah...

DaFace
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
You know what's ****ed up? I actually enjoy a good rickroll now and then. :D

I've got one hiding out there, but it's not related to a thread so I never know if it gets anyone or not.

Stinger
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
You know what's ****ed up? I actually enjoy a good rickroll now and then.

NTTAWWT

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I know, right? For the record... at least we can all unite in our hatred for Denver and Oakland. Ah...Ari, you're not all bad. I used to like ya a lot. Stop being a dick, would ya?

Dayze
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey guys! I thought I'd weigh in on your draft. I think even the most bitter Broncos fan can't deny you guys had a great draft. You gave up a lot to get them and it will take a few years for them to make a regular impact, but for a rebuilding year you guys did well. Here's my take:

Dorsey: Best player in the draft. I'm kind of glad you took him because we needed Clady to fall but good pick. I am quietly hoping he'll bust, and many defensive tackles do, but I really think at worst he'll be a solid starter for many years. A+

Albert: Great pick. I really wanted him for us at right tackle. The guy is a beast. I hope you guys try him at left tackle - he will not succeed there. He doesn't have the lateral movement to make it there. Then again, he might have to because of how crappy your line is. A+

Brandon Flowers: Another stellar pick. The best cover 2 corner in the draft. Some think best overall (he's not). For where you took him, an exceptional pick. A+

Jamaal Charles: Ah now good ol' Carl is showing his ugly head again. Congratulations: You just drafted Tatum Bell. He's a speedster and probably was brought in to help offer a one-two compliment to Larry Johnson. Problem is I think Johnson's done (400+ carries always followed by injury the following year and then career over two years after that) which would leave Charles as a one dimensional back with no other dimension. Best player available though, so C +

Brad Cottam: A measurables guy with no skill. I didn't like this pick either. He can't play football. He doesn't block well, he drops balls and his size helped little in any of these things. This is your first "bust" pick. D

DaJuan Morgan: Great pick. I think he'll be one of the best safeties in the draft. He's raw but athletic and plays with a lot of aggression. He has the range to go deep and likes to play run support. A redeeming pick after the prior two blunders. A

Will Franklin: A pretty good pick. I like his compliment to Bowe and his hands are good. It's a bit of a reach, but there was a run on receivers and you guys probably had to take one. He doesn't have much production and didn't play special teams. Boom or Bust type of guy. B -

Brandon Carr: Another measurables guy with marginal skill. He looked raw playing in Division two. A total project played marginal teams. He has good ball skills, but lacks several fundamentals. Many didn't even have him on their board. D

Barry Richardson: Excellent pick. Big, athletic guy who is strong with great feet. He's a project and will take a few years to learn the game, but he could end up being one of the gems of the draft. He fills a huge need too. A

Kevin Robinson: A solid special teams guy. He'll never be more than that, but if he can catch up to the speed of the NFL, he should be able to have a good career as a return man. He sucks at route running and sometimes gets the dropsies. B

Brian Johnston: Great value here. Some had him as high as a fourth round selection. Is a tough, hard nosed player. Works very hard. He'll have a rough time making it in the NFL, but for a 7th round selection is a great choice. A

Mike Merritt: I don't know anything about him. A blocking tight end I guess. I'll just go C

Overall you guys did very well. Your first three picks are your crowning glory. Everything else is just gravy which makes the middle round failures acceptable and the late round value choices pretty good. Surprised you still think Croyle is the answer (he isn't) and surprised that you guys didn't take any linebackers (it was a weak class, though). Half of all picks don't work out, so for a team that will be competing for last in the division next season, you guys gave yourselves something to look forward to.

Overall grade: B+

Good post; respectful and though-out (unlike most Donk fans).
the only points i would disagree with here ins Jamaal Charles; I think he will, if anyting, generate good competition to spell LJ; if not a CYA if LJ goes down again / lingering injury. Brad Cottam I think will be used as a psueo-tackle in situations/formations to replace Dunn; I think he hass more receiving skills than Dunn and think he can be coached to improve blocking.

otherise, I agree with most of you post.

:thumb

KcMizzou
NTTAWWTIndeed.

Frazod
And we can all unite behind our newest wide receiver, Will Franklin. :thumb:

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
And we can all unite behind our newest wide receiver, Will Franklin. :thumb:Amen. He's got the speed, the size... I'm sure even Ari's thrilled to have him.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
You know what's ****ed up? I actually enjoy a good rickroll now and then. :D

Its all good bro. You are one of my favorite MUrons. I am sorry if you have sandgina, man.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Amen. He's got the speed, the size... I'm sure even Ari's thrilled to have him.

We should all pitch in and buy him a Franklin jersey.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
And we can all unite behind our newest wide receiver, Will Franklin. :thumb:

Yes. Part of my personal sandgina. Would have rather had Marcus Henry. But, yes... now that he is a Chief I am behind him.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Its all good bro. You are one of my favorite MUrons. I am sorry if you have sandgina, man.You've gotta admit... you've been pouring it on a bit thick. It's bound to get under people's skin eventually.

(By people I mean me) I'd still have a beer with ya, but damn dude!

Stinger
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
We should all pitch in and buy him a Franklin jersey.

LMAO :thumb:

Frazod
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes. Part of my personal sandgina. Would have rather had Marcus Henry. But, yes... now that he is a Chief I am behind him.

I'm glad you're pulling for your MISSOURI teams.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I have to say the funniest thing about this thread... is the tag...

ari cries sperm. That is funny. I would guess this to be Hamas.

And the other tag

Hamas eats Ari tears....

Good job people. How could people want the tags to go away? Comedy gold on every thread.

teedubya
04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Ari, you're not all bad. I used to like ya a lot. Stop being a dick, would ya?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mkqTufpbjqZ8DM:http://deadasadoornail.com/deadpeople/1d578da49e38936bc3fa5ce5ca6Warren-Oates.jpg

Lighten up, Francis. ROFL

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mkqTufpbjqZ8DM:http://deadasadoornail.com/deadpeople/1d578da49e38936bc3fa5ce5ca6Warren-Oates.jpg

Lighten up, Francis. ROFLHeh. I don't suppose my opinion should matter all that much.

In any case, I'm done. I got a little wound up... said what I wanted to say... and now I'm done.

You're an alright guy, Ari. You just become obnoxious now and then. I'm sure you plan it that way. I just don't dig it.

CosmicPal
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I just returned a bit ago from my neighbors'. As most of you already know, I currently reside in Castle Rock, CO, and everyone in attendance was a Broncos fan with the exception of one of my neighbors being a Skins fan.

Anyways, every one of them said they couldn't believe the "luck" we had in this draft and that we'll be a great team in a couple of years because of this. It was pretty cool actually...considering they rip on me during the football season they all felt like the Chiefs had finally "turned the corner" when it comes to drafting and the bottom line is, they all were just shaking their heads in awe over our draft. It was a pretty good feeling.

Valiant
04-27-2008, 11:43 PM
I am just hoping next year goes as good as this year in drafting, I am really wanting a repeat of 88 and 89 in terms of talent.. I hope to hell we play all of guys to get experience(thankfully most of the team is young now) and we are able to draft some stud in the top 5 next year and hopefully be superbowl bound after that..

teedubya
04-27-2008, 11:43 PM
CosmicPal. Dude, that is cool. Plus, that is what I meant. This weekend was the KC Chiefs 2008 Superbowl Party.

Next year or 2 years down the road... huge. But now... that was realistically, probably the best we will feel about them, THIS YEAR.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Next year or 2 years down the road... huge. But now... that was realistically, probably the best we will feel about them, THIS YEAR.They'll upset somebody, at least once. There's going to be some high point during the season. Always is. Unless we're the first team ever to go 0-16.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Anybody that can call Carr a "measurables guy" just doesn't know him.

I know that because I didn't know him. I then started to learn about him, and what do you know, it turns out he's one of the most productive CBs from Division II in the last decade or so, and he possesses the size and speed that CBs must have to hang in the NotForLong.

Let's face it: Herm outscouted virtually everybody in this Draft. Carr proves it, Robinson proves it, Johnston proves it, Merritt might even prove it. But Carr exemplifies it. There's no doubt in my mind that Carr can contribute -- hell, he may even be a starter in 2009.

You really have to credit the Chiefs here. If they put forth the effort and depth the next few years like they did this year, this is a dynamic team waiting to emerge.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 12:23 AM
for amusement purposes only.

Absolutely. These are some of the best threads on this site. Listening to the rivals cry. It's been too Goddamned long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I have to say the funniest thing about this thread... is the tag...

ari cries sperm. That is funny. I would guess this to be Hamas.

And the other tag

Hamas eats Ari tears....

Good job people. How could people want the tags to go away? Comedy gold on every thread.

Nope, not me.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I can't believe some of you guys are being so hateful... especially after I brought you all this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183723 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

LMAO I got Rick Rolled not once but twice!