PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Star/Sports Network -> A-

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/594784.html

Kansas City
1 - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU (6-2, 297); 1 - Branden Albert, OL, Virginia (6-6, 309); 2 - Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech (5-10, 189); 3 - Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas (5-11, 200); 3 - Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee (6-7, 270); 3 - DaJuan Morgan, S, North Carolina State (6-0, 205); 4 - Will Franklin, WR, Missouri (6-0, 214); 5 - Brandon Carr, CB, Grand Valley State (6-0, 207); 6 - Barry Richardson, T, Clemson (6-7, 319); 6 - Kevin Robinson, WR, Utah State (5-11, 202); 7 - Brian Johnston, DE, Gardner-Webb (6-5, 271); 7 - Mike Merritt, TE, Central Florida (6-3, 270)
Analysis: Kansas City announced its intention to locate several starters in this Draft, and didn't disappoint in that regard. Dorsey could be the next Warren Sapp if his health cooperates, Albert will be a starter from day one at either tackle or guard, and Flowers was viewed by some as possessing first- round talent. There were impact players on the second day, as well. Charles projects as a Michael Turner-in-San Diego type, keeping the pressure off Larry Johnson. Morgan was judged by most to be the best pure free safety in the Draft, and could start immediately. Elsewhere, the Chiefs drafted a pair of receivers and a pair of tight ends, but there are no sure things among that quartet. Richardson's stock fell during his senior year but he'll have a good chance to make this roster. Carr was the biggest cornerback reach in the entire Draft. The major need area that went unadressed until the final round was pass rusher. There's no natural heir apparent to Jared Allen on the left side.
Bottom Line: A few reaches, and there are still a few holes, but the Chiefs are a better team after a very busy week for the organization.

Grade: A-

Basileus777
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
A-?

Bullshit. If this draft doesn't deserve an A, I don't know what does.

Hootie
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
they are calling Carr a reach...but Herm has a good history with DB's so he had to see something...no? I trust Herm when it comes to DB's...and really, he seems to be pretty money so far come draft time during his tenure in KC...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
It's obvious to me that the Star/Sports Network just doesn't understand what the draft is all about.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
they are calling Carr a reach...but Herm has a good history with DB's so he had to see something...no? I trust Herm when it comes to DB's...and really, he seems to be pretty money so far come draft time during his tenure in KC...That was my reaction as well. You can be pretty sure that this was Herm's pick.

jjchieffan
04-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Analysis: Kansas City announced its intention to locate several starters in this Draft, and didn't disappoint in that regard. Dorsey could be the next Warren Sapp if his health cooperates, Albert will be a starter from day one at either tackle or guard, and Flowers was viewed by some as possessing first- round talent. There were impact players on the second day, as well. Charles projects as a Michael Turner-in-San Diego type, keeping the pressure off Larry Johnson. Morgan was judged by most to be the best pure free safety in the Draft, and could start immediately. Elsewhere, the Chiefs drafted a pair of receivers and a pair of tight ends, but there are no sure things among that quartet. Richardson's stock fell during his senior year but he'll have a good chance to make this roster. Carr was the biggest cornerback reach in the entire Draft. The major need area that went unadressed until the final round was pass rusher. There's no natural heir apparent to Jared Allen on the left side.

Bottom Line: A few reaches, and there are still a few holes, but the Chiefs are a better team after a very busy week for the organization.

wazu
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
A-/B+ sounds pretty fair to me. Breaking down the first few picks:

Dorsey: A
Albert: B+
Flowers: A
All of Day 2: B-

Sounds pretty fair to me.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
There's no natural heir apparent to Jared Allen on the left side.

LMAO, if they only knew