PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KU Star McClinton to Try Out for Chiefs

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
KU defensive tackle to try out with Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/595687.html)

By J. BRADY MCCOLOUGH

The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE | Kansas defensive tackle James McClinton will try out with the Chiefs this weekend at their rookie minicamp.
“I’m going there looking for a contract, and we’re going to get it,” said McClinton, who was not selected in last weekend’s NFL Draft. “I’m trusting God.”
McClinton was the Big 12 defensive lineman of the year and a second-team All-American last year for the Jayhawks.

(mods please delete if this is a repost...)

Pic
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/thumbs.jpg

BigRock
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
If he doesn't get a contract, does that mean God double-crossed him?

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM

No, it means young Mr. McClinton is the victim of some faulty theology. I think this is agreat human interest story. McClinton is such a good fella. I hope he makes it.

Spicy McHaggis
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
“I’m going there looking for a contract, and we’re going to get it,” said McClinton

Is he using the royal we?

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Is he using the royal we?
He's using the Gollum "we."

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
McClinton vs Tebow (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8c4XFxHr7zw)

POND_OF_RED
04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
McClinton vs Tebow (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8c4XFxHr7zw)

You aren't being serious are you? :doh!:

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:50 PM
You aren't being serious are you? :doh!:

About what?

boogblaster
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Maybe he's the "chosen-one" ....

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Infidels.
:shake:

POND_OF_RED
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
About what?

Well that isn't McClinton. That is UK meaning the University of Kentucky, not to be confused with KU meaning Kansas University.

Brock
04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
LOL. That's freaking hilarious.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Well that isn't McClinton. That is UK meaning the University of Kentucky, not to be confused with KU meaning Kansas University.

DOH! :doh!:

LOL! Never use initials on youtube!

I'm stupid!!! ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
I can't even give Johnny shit anymore...

Phobia
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm stupid!!! ROFL

I knew you'd finally come around and I accept all your apologies.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
OK, at 3:55 in this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuOWg8BvGoI)is a pretty impressive highlight of McClinton (#93).
Hopefully I have the right McClinton....
:shrug:

Thig Lyfe
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
“I’m going there looking for a contract, and we’re going to get it,” said McClinton, who was not selected in last weekend’s NFL Draft. “I’m trusting God.”

Yeah, good luck with that.

I think you'd be better off trusting your talent. You know, something that actually exists.

Phobia
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
OK, at 3:55 in this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuOWg8BvGoI)is a pretty impressive highlight of McClinton (#93).
Hopefully I have the right McClinton....
:shrug:

Here's a better clip, dude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7xQJrqUQ8&feature=related)

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Here's a better clip, dude. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7xQJrqUQ8&feature=related)

Thanks. I always wondered how you spent your Saturdays. Keep up the good work, Kloster!
:thumb:

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Bump for the Day shift.

afchiefs
04-29-2008, 07:38 AM
McClinton was the Big 12 defensive lineman of the year and a second-team All-American last year for the Jayhawks.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I think you'd be better off trusting your talent. You know, something that actually exists.

WOW!!! :eek: You gonna burn

Lzen
04-29-2008, 07:46 AM

In all seriousness, I would think that it means that God has a different plan for him. Or if you like, that God does not get involved in these kinds of things and lets mankind do these things on his own.

Lzen
04-29-2008, 07:50 AM
James McClinton is a guy that works his tail off always. He never takes a play off. The only thing that he lacks is size. That is why he wasn't drafted.

Demonpenz
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
a star that didn't get drafted

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
James McClinton is a guy that works his tail off always. He never takes a play off. The only thing that he lacks is size. That is why he wasn't drafted.

I thought he was like 6' 290. He seems to have tremendous lateral speed, burst and strength. I'm sure locals can provide some more detail on his attributes. I'm not a big college football fan but I did read an article in the KC Star about McClinton and he seems very similar in attitude and aptitude to Mr. Dorsey.

Braincase
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
I think he's got a legitimate shot. He is a hard worker, and Kansas players aren't going to just be "given" accolades, I do believe they have to earn them. I'm gonna go back and watch the Orange Bowl and pay attention to McClinton to see how he does against the vaunted speed of VTech.

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I think he's got a legitimate shot. He is a hard worker, and Kansas players aren't going to just be "given" accolades, I do believe they have to earn them. I'm gonna go back and watch the Orange Bowl and pay attention to McClinton to see how he does against the vaunted speed of VTech.

Brain, will you look up this thread afterwards and give us a scouting report? I think McClinton making the squad would be fantastic for the regional fans.

Lzen
04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
I thought he was like 6' 290. He seems to have tremendous lateral speed, burst and strength. I'm sure locals can provide some more detail on his attributes. I'm not a big college football fan but I did read an article in the KC Star about McClinton and he seems very similar in attitude and aptitude to Mr. Dorsey.

Well, the KU site lists him at 6'1" and 285 lbs. I think he is actually shorter than that. That weight is kind of small for an NFL DT. I think he may be able to catch on with some NFL team as a backup. Perhaps the Chiefs will be that team.

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, the KU site lists him at 6'1" and 285 lbs. I think he is actually shorter than that. That weight is kind of small for an NFL DT. I think he may be able to catch on with some NFL team as a backup. Perhaps the Chiefs will be that team.

I'm no expert on NFL DTs, but it seems to me that 285 is plenty of beef if you have the strength, quickness and nastiness required. Not to mention lining up beside Dorsey is sure to help any DT.

Skip Towne
04-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Is he related to Curtis McClinton?

Que Card QB
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought he would be a draft pick until the VT game. I thought he was decent but looked pretty out matched. When VT decided to run, they ran. The one drive VT marched down the field (running the ball), if I remember right, McClinton kind of looked like pickup truck trying to stop a semi head on.

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I thought he would be a draft pick until the VT game. I thought he was decent but looked pretty out matched. When VT decided to run, they ran. The one drive VT marched down the field (running the ball), if I remember right, McClinton kind of looked like pickup truck trying to stop a semi head on.

Ouch.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Maybe he's the "chosen-one" ....

MUAD'DIB!!!

Ya Hya Defensive Line!

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
MUAD'DIB!!!

Ya Hya Defensive Line!

:spock:

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
:spock:

Not up on your Dune references?

Mecca
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
He's the 25th and last listed DT on NFLDC...report says...

Strengths:
Real quick...A good tackler...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has a terrific motor...Uses good leverage...Nice instincts and awareness...Good range down the line...A hard worker and team leader with top intangibles...Has a lot of experience..Productive.

Weaknesses:
Undersized and lacks both the height and bulk that you look for....Has poor timed speed...Isn't stout at the point of attack...Has to get stronger...Doesn't offer much as a pass rusher...Has short arms...Isn't a great athlete...Has some health issues.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter....Suffered a seizure at the East-West Shrine Game, his second in the last year...A solid college player who just doesn't have the physical tools needed to play at the next level...Even if he checks out medically he will face an uphill battle to even compete for a roster spot....Is the type of kid you root for.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 04:48 PM

He measured in at the combine at 6'0" 293.

Spicy McHaggis
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
I think McClinton's upside is that of a Jonathan Babineaux, although Babineaux was obviously superior natural talent-wise coming out of college.

I'll root for the guy and hope he sticks with a squad.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Not up on your Dune references?

Probably not. After all, the Fedaykin are Zensunni who kicked the Sardaukar's collective asses, thus they are teh debbil. LMAO

That, and Frank Herbert converted from Catholicism to Zen Buddhism.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
DOH! :doh!:

LOL! Never use initials on youtube!

I'm stupid!!! ROFLLMAO Dyslexic, much?

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Apparently he is a system guy and had good guys around him, camp fodder

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Even if he checks out medically he will face an uphill battle to even compete for a roster spot....Is the type of kid you root for.

http://www.collegenowlive.com/IMAGES/ImagesPEARL/RUDY.jpg

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
LMAO Dyslexic, much?

:doh!::banghead:

Ohhh, I walked into that one....