PDA

View Full Version : Football Chiefs Secondary Question

Devin
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Hello again :)

Question for you guys on your secondary. As I posted before I am in a sim football league and was discussing teams with a buddy of mine.

He managed to get, over the past 2 seasons, both your safeties (Page and Pollard) on his roster and is not sure if he should keep both.

Both are relativley cheap as far as the game salary cap goes, but I am curious with this draft and your current roster how you see either panning out in 08.

While I have a generalized feel for both I admittedly dont know what thier potential is. Page, 2 years ago, i really thought was coming on and might have a strong 07, many places predicted him to have a break out year but it didnt really materialize. Like I said I dont know much about them but Page has shown flashes in the past I thought.

BTW for those of you who saw my Dorsey thread I did manage to draft him! :clap: Heres hoping he dominates in 08!

-Dev

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Both are average although Page has made a few great INT's.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Pollard will be converted to LB IMO

Devin
04-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Both are relativley young though right? I would think an improved pass rush, and an upgrade at CB like Flowers would likely help?

I mean looking at it on paper while of course there are holes the chiefs D, at least from an outsider point of view, isnt to shabby. A lot of youngsters mixed in there.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Page has been pretty good. He will still be a starter next year IMO. He hasn't been flashy except for some clutch interceptions but he has been pretty good in coverage considering he has had to cover for a lack of speed at our cornerback position. He isn't the greatest tackler which I hope improves but as far as coverage goes he is more than adequate.

Rausch
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
If you start him at S do special teams plays count (punt/fg blocks, forced fumbles, etc?)

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Well one of them will get replaced by DaJuan Morgan, I don't think it will take long either.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Well one of them will get replaced by DaJuan Morgan, I don't think it will take long either.

Pollard

I really don't see a whole lot to complain about with Jarrad Page. Like I said earlier, he hasn't been the greatest tackler but he has been more than adequate in coverage. For one thing, the Chiefs have been one of the best in the NFL the last couple of years at covering tight ends. With improved play at corner I think you will see our safeties' play improve as well.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Pollard has a role just not as a starter...

Personally I think he should be a tweener and used that way. A safety in obvious running plays and goaline, a nickel LB, and a special teamer.

mrbiggz
04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
It will be interesting to see Patterson, Brackenridge and Barksdale vs Flowers and Carr in training camp.

Porter is going to push Pollard and Page to be that much better. Wesley hopefully will be traded for a pick

kepp
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
It will be interesting to see Patterson, Brackenridge and Barksdale vs Flowers and Carr in training camp.

Porter is going to push Pollard and Page to be that much better. Wesley hopefully will be traded for a pick

I can see Brackenridge and Flowers getting good playing time this year and hopefully Carr will work out.

recxjake
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
CB
1. Surtain
2. Flowers
3. Brackenridge
4. Patterson
5. Barksdale
6. Carr (PS)

S
1. Page
2. Pollard
3. Morgan
4. McGraw
5. Wesley- Cut

Buehler445
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Page is good IMO. People knock on his tackling, but I haven't seen him whiff but on a couple. I'm hoping he stays.

KCrockaholic
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
CB
1. Surtain
2. Flowers
3. Brackenridge
4. Patterson
5. Barksdale
6. Carr (PS)

S
1. Page
2. Pollard
3. Morgan
4. McGraw
5. Wesley- Cut

your saftey depth chart looks right....i think the corners will end up looking like this though...

CB
1.Surtain
2.Flowers
3.Brackenridge
4.Carr
5.Patterson
6.Barksdale (possibly cut)

Mecca
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
There is no way bums like Patterson and Barksdale make the team over Carr....

recxjake
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
There is no way bums like Patterson and Barksdale make the team over Carr....

I hope your right, but we have to wait on that... ex. Marcus Maxey

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Also Morgan will be starting before long, it will probably take him all of a week of camp to show he's better than the safeties we have now.

recxjake
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Also Morgan will be starting before long, it will probably take him all of a week of camp to show he's better than the safeties we have now.

SS or FS?

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
SS or FS?

Depends they can mix and match I guess......Page and Pollard are both bigger than him...He's capable of both honestly.

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Page didnt play well the last few games while Pollard started to play alot better. Not saying either are great or even good safties right now, but this is year 3, this is where they either shine or stay as is.

bdeg
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I think Morgan will start next to Pollard game 1. Page fills in perfect as the nickel back. Flowers and Surtain start CB, Page NB, Pollard SS, Morgan FS.

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I think Morgan will start next to Pollard game 1. Page fills in perfect as the nickel back. Flowers and Surtain start CB, Page NB, Pollard SS, Morgan FS.
The only thing that worries me with Page is he is NOT a good 1 on 1 tackler. He wiffs alot.

DenverChief
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Everything I have read is indicating Surtain moving to Nickel

recxjake
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Everything I have read is indicating Surtain moving to Nickel

Really?

Who would start at CB?

DenverChief
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Really?

Who would start at CB?

well .....Flowers/Brackenridge/Patterson/Carr/Barksdale??

I'm assuming that would only happen if one of the younger guys step up...I sure would hate to see Surtain look like Law last year...wasn't It Brackenridge that played thru a torn bicep muscle last year?