PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Jenson71
04-29-2008, 01:10 AM
For all discussion on actually playing the game.

Cars are sort of tough to maneuver so far, with all the camera details you can get into.

Put the subtitles on. Then you understand what they're saying, and it will even translate the foreign language.

oaklandhater
04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
only been playing it for about 25 mins but so far it is the Greatest game ive ever played.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:20 AM
I need to hurry up and move so I can play this damn game!

oaklandhater
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I need to hurry up and move so I can play this damn game!

If you have any questions man just ask.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:28 AM
If you have any questions man just ask.

cool, will do. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best games of all time.

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I have about 14 hours before i can play :(

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 01:34 AM
I love how it retains a familiar feel, but at the same time it's so completely different.

- The acting and cutscenes are fan-****ing-tastic. Niko's already hilarious in a calm, bemused sort of way, and I'm only five missions in.
- Driving is INCREDIBLY fun, but at the same time a lot tougher than it used to be.
- Melee combat kind of resembles Bully, only a thousand times more varied and engaging. It's also a lot of fun.
- The filter is incredibly jarring at first, but after 15-20 minutes it feels more natural, and now with a couple of hours under my belt I'm fully appreciating the beauty of the game. The lighting really is everything it was cracked up to be.
- The density of everything (buildings, cars, people, radio stations) is absolutely awe-inspiring. The peds are awesome and the variety of cars I've seen so far (just in Broker, mind) is great and the traffic patterns seem to be a perfect balance between reality and playability.
- Stealing cars is a little more deliberate, or at least it feels that way. It's a nice improvement.
- Speaking of density, I haven't had any "turn around and the cars are gone" moments yet, thank God.
- "Goodbye Horses" is playing on the apartment radio right now. LMAO
- Radio Vladivostok is so ****ing catchy. Still not sure I luuuurv the radio as much as I did in Vice City, but I've probably only heard 4% of it so far. I did hear a very short but amusing interview with a certain extremely popular radio host from previous games, though.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 03:48 AM
So I knocked some guy's cup of coffee out of his hands, picked it up, and threw it at him. I missed and hit another guy in the head, knocking his sunglasses off. For some reason, they both wanted to kick my ass after that, so I went mano a mano (a mano?) with the guy until a cop showed up and promised us all the beating of a lifetime.

Not satisfied with this situation, one of the mother****ers PULLS OUT A GUN AND A GUNFIGHT BETWEEN COP AND PED ENSUES. Jesus, this game is amazing.

MVChiefFan
04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
So I knocked some guy's cup of coffee out of his hands, picked it up, and threw it at him. I missed and hit another guy in the head, knocking his sunglasses off. For some reason, they both wanted to kick my ass after that, so I went mano a mano (a mano?) with the guy until a cop showed up and promised us all the beating of a lifetime.

Not satisfied with this situation, one of the mother****ers PULLS OUT A GUN AND A GUNFIGHT BETWEEN COP AND PED ENSUES. Jesus, this game is amazing.

ROFL I was reading this to my buddy here at work and we were rollin'!!!

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Anyone on the 360 taken GTA online yet? How are the servers holding up?

Jenson71
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
So...just to get this straight. We can choose to not carry out missions (like choosing not to kill someone) but still get 100% completion, right?

Actually, Niko doesn't have to do everything that is asked of him. On several occasions as you play through his story, you'll be presented with decisions that afford you the option of doing what you think is right rather than blindly following instructions. You don't necessarily have to kill a target if he or she promises to disappear, but you have to weigh the risk of your employer finding out against the possibility that the person whose life you spare might prove useful later in the game, or even have work for you in the form of bonus missions.

- Gamespot.com

Jenson71
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Also, I find the text messages on my phone incredibly hard to read. Anyway to get that zoomed in or appear on a different screen? For example, the first text you get is from Roman, and I can only make out, "come here quick"

Swanman
04-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I love how it retains a familiar feel, but at the same time it's so completely different.

- The acting and cutscenes are fan-****ing-tastic. Niko's already hilarious in a calm, bemused sort of way, and I'm only five missions in.
- Driving is INCREDIBLY fun, but at the same time a lot tougher than it used to be.
- Melee combat kind of resembles Bully, only a thousand times more varied and engaging. It's also a lot of fun.
- The filter is incredibly jarring at first, but after 15-20 minutes it feels more natural, and now with a couple of hours under my belt I'm fully appreciating the beauty of the game. The lighting really is everything it was cracked up to be.
- The density of everything (buildings, cars, people, radio stations) is absolutely awe-inspiring. The peds are awesome and the variety of cars I've seen so far (just in Broker, mind) is great and the traffic patterns seem to be a perfect balance between reality and playability.
- Stealing cars is a little more deliberate, or at least it feels that way. It's a nice improvement.
- Speaking of density, I haven't had any "turn around and the cars are gone" moments yet, thank God.
- "Goodbye Horses" is playing on the apartment radio right now. LMAO
- Radio Vladivostok is so ****ing catchy. Still not sure I luuuurv the radio as much as I did in Vice City, but I've probably only heard 4% of it so far. I did hear a very short but amusing interview with a certain extremely popular radio host from previous games, though.

Are you playing it on the 360 or PS3? I'll probably get it today or tonight. I'm leaning toward the 360 version because I heard an interview with one of the developers and he said the 360 was the way to go, although IGN said the PS3 version might be a tiny bit better.

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
w00t! I'm heading over to BestBuy to get it right now. THough I'm heading into work and we have a big meeting tomorrow....

(two hours later...) Okay, so I splurged and bought SPECIAL EDITION. Comes in a steel safe deposit box with a ROckstar Duffel, KEychain and a CD with the music from the game and a book of art. PBJ

Kraus
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Are you playing it on the 360 or PS3? I'll probably get it today or tonight. I'm leaning toward the 360 version because I heard an interview with one of the developers and he said the 360 was the way to go, although IGN said the PS3 version might be a tiny bit better.

360 will have DLC later.

http://xbox360.qj.net/Microsoft-Grand-Theft-Auto-4-episodes-this-autumn/pg/49/aid/119144

The Franchise
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
w00t! I'm heading over to BestBuy to get it right now. THough I'm heading into work and we have a big meeting tomorrow....

(two hours later...) Okay, so I splurged and bought SPECIAL EDITION. Comes in a steel safe deposit box with a ROckstar Duffel, KEychain and a CD with the music from the game and a book of art. PBJ

How much was the special edition? And is the music worth it?

BigChiefFan
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
The AI is very good. So far, so cool.

dj56dt58
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
holy shit..anyone watched the TV yet? The Mens Room w/ Baas rutten is ****n awesome...and the commercials ROFL

xbarretx
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM

sorry the only soundtrack ever ... and i mean EVER worth getting was Vice City....

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Ill probably go to circuit city and try to get it for ps3 there and get a $10 gift card

xbarretx
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Ill probably go to circuit city and try to get it for ps3 there and get a $10 gift card

dude youve never logged into PSN .... were tired of your LIES Oz!!!! :cuss: j/k :grouphug:

BWillie
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
I just picked it up from Best Buy for ps3. And all my friends said that it was going to be sold out for at least a couple days. Once I learn how to play a bit if anybody wants to play online add me. BWillie007 is my name. I'm curious to see how online play will go on this game

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
holy shit..anyone watched the TV yet? The Mens Room w/ Baas rutten is ****n awesome...and the commercials ROFL

There was this really funny halo reality show spoof on one channel. Very cool

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I like how the online works like burnout paradise.. just hit up on the d-pad to open ur cell phone and go down to "multiplayer"

Did anyone else have trouble figuring out how to climb ladders?

xbarretx
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM
I just picked it up from Best Buy for ps3. And all my friends said that it was going to be sold out for at least a couple days. Once I learn how to play a bit if anybody wants to play online add me. BWillie007 is my name. I'm curious to see how online play will go on this game

i already have you on my psn right?

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, just got it, played for a bit, but now i need to eat first. I will be back on it after a while. 360 version though.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, just got it, played for a bit, but now i need to eat first. I will be back on it after a while. 360 version though.

I'll be on later tonight. Send me a invite in "Free Roam"

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Lots of threads popping up on messagboards about launch 60gig PS3's experiencing issues launching game after first cinematic... official word from R* is out. i'll find a link

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM

$89.99 ($30 more than the regular game only)

The music is good. Some goods russian hip-hop mashups. And good tunes.

Moobs
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Looking for some thoughts on Multiplayer. My Live account is currently inactive so I would probably only be using it for this and the occasional CoD4.

Who am I kidding, I'd splurge in the Arcade too.

Anyways, thoughts?

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Looking for some thoughts on Multiplayer. My Live account is currently inactive so I would probably only be using it for this and the occasional CoD4.

Who am I kidding, I'd splurge in the Arcade too.

Anyways, thoughts?

Yes?

The MP is great. GTAIV is bundled with a free month xbox live

Moobs
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes?

Fine you've convinced me. :doh!:

I'm not too far in, just have have contacts. I can't get Michelle to put out after two dates so I'm considering killing her or resorting to hookers.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Fine you've convinced me. :doh!:

I'm not too far in, just have have contacts. I can't get Michelle to put out after two dates so I'm considering killing her or resorting to hookers.

I accidentally threw a molotov at someone near Michelle and Michelle bolted off without saying a word. Hehe, women.

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, kind of slow moving so far. I wanna get to the gangsta criminal shiznit.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
the soundtrack is SOOOOOO good.. i'm amazed... i don't know how you do what you do..

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
the soundtrack is SOOOOOO good.. i'm amazed... i don't know how you do what you do..

Who?

Demonpenz
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
seriously just when you think it couldn't get better this has the best grafix with the best game play. It is crazy. You get launched through the windshield when you crash your car.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Who?

"i don't know how you do what you do, i'm so in love with you.. it just keeps getting beeeeeettttter" blah blah i'm amazed by you.
I know you know the hit.

Wa-Z
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
It won't let me get online...am I missing something?

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
dude youve never logged into PSN .... were tired of your LIES Oz!!!! :cuss: j/k :grouphug:

I know im pretty horrible...lol

I did however buy the game earlier at best buy (have yet to open) since Circuit City sucks and apparently didnt have any. Best Buy had plenty left, i got the regular edition, i just couldn't justify speding $30 for a cd, and a bag basically...

I saw Assasins Creed is $29.99 on amazon right now, is that a good game?

I probably will get online soon as i figure out the game.

My first game purchase, woohoo!

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
It won't let me get online...am I missing something?

PS3 users cannot connect to MP yet... all sorts of problems with the PS3 right now..
there have been some reports of 360's freezing up as well.. but not like the PS3 opening sequence lockup.

LINKY
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/29/gta-iv-online-is-down/

Buck
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
This damn install is taking forever.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
PS3 users cannot connect to MP yet... all sorts of problems with the PS3 right now..
there have been some reports of 360's freezing up as well.. but not like the PS3 opening sequence lockup.

LINKY
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/29/gta-iv-online-is-down/

Seems to be mostly 60gb ps3's

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
$89.99 ($30 more than the regular game only)
That's what I got too. Target was sold out of the normal ones.

I dig the lockbox.

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I agree that the cars are a little wonky. But then, I've been playin' Burnout all the time recently. At least now I can get out of my car. :D

Wa-Z
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Seems to be mostly 60gb ps3's

That makes no sense, are you able to?

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
holy shit..anyone watched the TV yet? The Mens Room w/ Baas rutten is ****n awesome...and the commercials ROFLWar El Guapo!!!

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Republican Space Rangers! Shoot first, ask questions NEVER!

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't know guys, I got really impatient with this game too quickly. Maybe because I've never played the first three, and I'm playing it in 10-minute clips in my office between meetings and getting ready for a big presentation.

Yeah, I think I need to carve out a good three-hour chunk and start over.

Simply Red
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't know guys, I got really impatient with this game too quickly. Maybe because I've never played the first three, and I'm playing it in 10-minute clips in my office between meetings and getting ready for a big presentation.

Yeah, I think I need to carve out a good three-hour chunk and start over.

Or mature a bit. J/K call me soon brother, lot of developments.

Kraus
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, I'm about 5-6 hours in and the game is starting to pick up a little bit. There is just so much to do and I'm only on the first island.

I've spent about an hour bowling, but can't get strikes for the life of me. Any tips?

Jenson71
04-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm collecting all the flying rats so far. It took me a bit to realize you had to shoot them with a gun.

BWillie
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
i already have you on my psn right?

I don't think so. On the main page of this thread it is on there wrong as bwillie07 but my name is actually bwillie007 on there.

So how far into the game do I have to go in order to have this Michelle chick sit on it?

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
When "Pony" started playing on the Vibe, I pooped a little.

I'm currently riding in a cab. It's a really great way of checking out the city. Bastion from WKTT sounds a lot like one of the guys on WMD KBOOM in Saints Row. "Al-Con Queso." LMAO

This is easily the most immersive game I've ever played.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/nq7aed.jpg

Kraus
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/nq7aed.jpg

Heh... maybe he'll actually enjoy the game instead of picking it apart through lawsuits.

Nah, not gonna happen.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Use your cell phone and hit "up" on the d-pad to manually key in "911" and send a officer out... mildly entertaining to see a cop show up seconds later and walk around trying to find something.

Kraus
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Use your cell phone and hit "up" on the d-pad to manually key in "911" and send a officer out... mildly entertaining to see a cop show up seconds later and walk around trying to find something.

I can't imagine how many easter eggs they've included by dialing certain numbers. I'm sure more things will come out like this.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/933037.html
a few cell phone cheats and achievement listings.
cool easter egg as well

Cell Phone Passwords

At any time during the game, pull out Niko's phone and dial these numbers for the desired effect.

Please note that cheats will affect missions and achievements.
Password Effect
468-555-0100 Change weather
486-555-0150 Get a different selection of weapons
486-555-0100 Get a selection of weapons
267-555-0150 Raise wanted level
267-555-0100 Remove wanted level
362-555-0100 Restore armour
482-555-0100 Restore health
227-555-0142 Spawn a Cognoscenti
227-555-0175 Spawn a Comet
938-555-0100 Spawn a Jetmax
625-555-0150 Spawn a Sanchez
227-555-0168 Spawn a SuperGT
227-555-0147 Spawn a Turismo
359-555-0100 Spawn an Annihiliator
227-555-0100 Spawn an FIB Buffalo
625-555-0100 Spawn an NRG-900

Easter Eggs
The Heart of Liberty City

First, you'll have to have access to Happiness Island. Once you're able to go there legally, find the Helicopter Tours (which is directly east of Happiness Island) and steal a helicopter. Fly to Happiness Island and over the Statue of Liberty, then jump out of the helicopter at the statue's feet. You should land on the topmost tier of the statue, which is basically a square platform with a door in the center of each side. Run around the platform until you see a door with a plaque on either side of it that reads, "No Hidden Content Here." It may seem like you cannot go through the door, but you can-- it doesn't open, you simply walk THROUGH the door. Inside, you'll find an empty room with a tall ladder. Climb it, and when you reach the top, look up; there is a gigantic beating heart, held in place by chains.

Contributed By: LEFBMIA
Secrets
Easy money

Go to an ATM, then cause a traffic jam to the area. Wait for someone to take money from the ATM, then kill him or her. Make sure to block any nearby roads so the ambulance cannot get to the murdered victim. Take the money they dropped on the ground. Then, run a short distance away, and go back. The money should have respawned on the ground. You can repeat this as many times as desired. You can also kill more people taking their money from the ATM to increase the amount of money that respawns.

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I hate cheat codes, they tempt me to use it. Wish they would just do away with that shit.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I hate cheat codes, they tempt me to use it. Wish they would just do away with that shit.

I wouldn't recommend using them - they'll disable achievements while in use. But if ur just popping in the game to mess around - it can be useful to spawn a RPG

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM
ooh, thats cool then. I like that achievements get disabled. I wont use it anyways, but they are tempting no doubt.

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Multi Player is a freaking blast. This is some good damned fun.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 12:43 AM
The "Crime and Punishment" cutscene is absolutely ****ing hilarious. This game is ace.

BWillie
04-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Is there anyway to totally disable cops? So that I can go around and kill people as much as I want. Steal cars, etc. It's hard to find a place to stop and put in the code to eliminate your wanted level by the time you blow a few guys heads off.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Is there anyway to totally disable cops? So that I can go around and kill people as much as I want. Steal cars, etc. It's hard to find a place to stop and put in the code to eliminate your wanted level by the time you blow a few guys heads off.I think you can control that in multiplayer. So just find a buddy, go into free mode, and do as you please.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't see nothin' wrong
Nothin' wrong
With a little bump 'n grind!!!!!!

Jenson71
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

I won't be able to play the game today, and probably not tomorrow either. :(:(

Skyy God
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
So how far into the game do I have to go in order to have this Michelle chick sit on it?

2 dates, make the 2nd at the restaurant.

Coach
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
So say if I want to recover my health, other than the obvious finding a "heart" shaped symbol, does f**king a hooker helps increase your strength, or is this way a little different than GTA games in the past?

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
You can buy food from restaurants and street vendors to restore your health.

xbarretx
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

i agee, some parts of the game are really dark. :huh:

i dont like the car controlls ...R2 L2 .... argh... does it ever get any easier to use?

mcan
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
So say if I want to recover my health, other than the obvious finding a "heart" shaped symbol, does f**king a hooker helps increase your strength, or is this way a little different than GTA games in the past?

You buy food from a street vendor or a resteraunt. No more crazy hearts and other symbols laying around the city for no reason. There are some weird things. I found a T-Shirt on Ellis Island, and there are pigeons hidden all over the city to kill.

The game is amazing. I'm a little curious how long you have to play the game before the other islands open up... I'm getting impatient, and I'm spending most of my time trying to find a way over there. I got there on a helicopter that I had to spawn with a code, but my 6 star rating wouldn't go away, even if I got outside the circle. Same thing when I got over there twice legitamately. I got there once by barreling through the blockade with a car and then trying to outrun the cops, and another time taking the underside of a subway bridge. I was able to run around the subway tunnels pretty much unscathed, but all the cops above ground were STILL following me, even though they couldn't see me at all.

mcan
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
i agee, some parts of the game are really dark. :huh:

i dont like the car controlls ...R2 L2 .... argh... does it ever get any easier to use?

You can get your car to be a bit more agile by using the handbrake (I think it's R1).

You can also go into controls and put it on "classic" although you don't quite get the same amount of control. The L2 and R2 triggers are nice because they give like a pedal does. It takes some getting used to though. I'm still hitting things when turning corners and scaring the hell out of my date.

The one thing I WISH I could do is reverse both axis. It makes more sense to me to be moving the camera to the left (to see the right).

xbarretx
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
You can get your car to be a bit more agile by using the handbrake (I think it's R1).

You can also go into controls and put it on "classic" although you don't quite get the same amount of control. The L2 and R2 triggers are nice because they give like a pedal does. It takes some getting used to though. I'm still hitting things when turning corners and scaring the hell out of my date.

The one thing I WISH I could do is reverse both axis. It makes more sense to me to be moving the camera to the left (to see the right).

im an inverse axis guy as well so i hear ya.

ok ill try to get use to the R controls for driving.

is the brightness always an issue?

Mizzou_8541
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
only been playing it for about 25 mins but so far it is the Greatest game ive ever played.

Does the game take different paths, with one being the correct path and the other incorrect?

For example...in one of the first few missions where vlad wants you to kill some dude, and he's hanging on the railing, you are given an option to either kill him, or help him.

What if you ignore romans calls while driving to pick up michelle or something?

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I still can't get over how much more visceral it is to shoot or run over someone now. And when you're up close and the blood splatters on the camera or the windshield, wow. Everything has so much more weight that it's almost kind of disturbing.

(And also incredibly fun.)

Jenson71
04-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Does the game take different paths, with one being the correct path and the other incorrect?

For example...in one of the first few missions where vlad wants you to kill some dude, and he's hanging on the railing, you are given an option to either kill him, or help him.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Ultra, any idea?

HC_Chief
04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
LCHC is the greatest radio station evar! I wish I could get that shit here.

HC_Chief
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM

I went ahead and picked up Michelle, rather than go off to save his dumb fat ass. After the date I got a call from the hospital :D When I picked him up he bitched a bit but was more interested in Michelle's titties. hehe

oaklandhater
04-30-2008, 12:31 PM

I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

The Franchise
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I think I'm going to pick it up tonight.

Mizzou_8541
04-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

Great, thank you sir.

BigChiefFan
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
It's too cool to take somebody's car and see them hold on to the door handle. I was blown away the first time I saw it. I would say the beginning of the game is a little slow, but necessary to get you acclimated to the game. The more you play the better it gets. The world is huge-I've played for close to 10 hours and there's only a few things that I even recognize. The GPS is off the hook. Very worth the purchase. 10 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface. Wow.

BWillie
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM

I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?

Jenson71
04-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

I have it all the way up, although one or two notches from the top would probably work too. I also messed around with the contrast. I think I moved it up two notches.

kcxiv
04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?
I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

oaklandhater
04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.

The Franchise
04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
You assholes are going to make me buy it right after I get out of work.

What the **** are you waiting for? Get out there and get it!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/28ksm77.gif

kcxiv
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.
i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 03:55 PM
i sideswiped a cop and had them on me. I crashed the car and had to leave Roman, i got to the ocean and dove into the water tried to swim across, by the time i got to the other side the coast guard shot me down in the water and i died. It was amazing. When i got out of the hospital, i called Roman, and he was pissed becuase i left him. lol

LOL
I think something similar happened to me while driving drunk but some how i fell off a 10+ story ledge and survived.. the cops couldn't reach me and Roman was left up there with the pigs. I got a message telling me that i should go back and meet with Roman. Not a second later, Roman comes crashing down the same way I did (maybe the cops pushed him off?).. he didn't make it. I took his money and got a call from him the next day. Had to pick him up from the hospital :)

Moobs
04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

I posted this in UP's GTA thread:

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

The Franchise
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM

Alright, I just got done with about 3 hours of Multiplayer. The single player alone is worth $60, but I have to say I haven't had this much fun playing a console game online in....ever?

I preferred Free-for-all, which allows up to 16 players in the city at a time to do whatever they please. We had a group of 4 or 5 people that were friends trying to roll together, but after bazooking their vehicles numerous times they decided to kick me. Argh. I prefer befriending other online players (You can talk to them privately using your cell) to tear the city up, then murdering them in cold blood in an epic heel turn (cue Jim Ross, "OH MY GAWWWWD").

I also got to ride passenger in the helicopter with some guy, but he got mad when I changed the radio station, jumped out of the 'copter and let me plunge to my death (The city view from above is AMAZING).

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.

ROFL Ok yeah....I'm definitely buying it tonight after work.

kcxiv
04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
we played death match lastnight and we had nothing but rocket launchers. So all you seen was rockets going everywhere, It was a blast. I would shoot the rocket into the wall if i had someone next to me trying to stab me and blow both of us up lol

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Sooooo many moments in online play that make you laugh your ass off at what is going on, and I've only played a couple different modes.I ran over someone in Deathmatch once, but while the jerk was RIDING MY ROOF he ended up reaching down and shooting me. We died simultaneously.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the cover mechanic in the middle of a seven-sided firefight. Running to a low wall, sliding, and positioning myself under it is so ****ing cool and so ****ing natural.

Speaking of "****ing cool," every time I die it looks so great I can't help but laugh. The death cam is brilliant. No matter whether I'm running someone over or getting run over, the game is hilarious and so engaging. I couldn't believe thirty minutes had passed the first time I played deathmatch.

Has anyone gotten as far to where they can purchase weapons?That comes shortly after "Crime and Punishment," in the mission line that results from it.

HC_Chief
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Drunk driving is effing crazy!! Even after the sick camera effect wears off you still drive like shit.

The damned cops kept coming after me every time I got close to the taxi station. I would have to go tearing ass thru town to ditch the piggies... each time leaving a wake of busted vehicles and splattered pedestrians. On the (what seems like) tenth try I finally dropped the fat bastard off w/o initiating a piggie chase. I had to switch cars at least four times. :D

TinyEvel
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

Wa-Z
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
okay. I'm gonna have to put like six late night hours into this game and catch up to you guys. It trips me out because Roman looks and sounds EXACTLY like this Croatian drug dealer MY FRIEND used to get his blow from

I know your friend.

http://www.g4g.it/phpnews/images/GTA4_Behind_Enemy_lines_trailer_01.jpg

Jenson71
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 11:53 PM
my shit has been freezing up online a lot lately.. on 360.
to the point that i'm not even attempting to find a match.

anyone else?

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 11:54 PM
So far my favorite radio station is JAR.

My favorite radio station of all GTAs is KJAH from III. "You are a no good, you are a no go-o-od. The things that you do in front of me."Liberty City, arise! Horace the Pacifier Walsh...

Sure-Oz
04-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Anyone having issues freezing up on ps3? Supposedly online doesn't work and it freezes alot on ps3, atleast mostly on the 60gig version. I guess this is pretty common and rockstar hasnt said anything about it yet. Makes me wonder if i should open mine and try it. I heard a few have played it and had it completely **** up their system and not run any games after. That was a 60gig owner though...

I have yet to open mine and have a reciept....i assume a ps3 update is soon to happen/patch

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2008, 12:02 AM
It's not freezing for me, but I can't connect to any games for shit right now.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2008, 04:39 AM
I found a street preacher! A real fire and brimstone type, too. He kind of sounded like DL Hughley.

I also tipped a saxaphone player, who proceeded to call me a Philistine. The only real response I could muster was to punch him in the face and push him down a hill. I think he won the argument, but I felt better in the end.

Then, a while later, I somehow managed to instigate a three-man fight on the tracks directly in front of a train that was about to depart. Ouch.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's quite possibly the greatest video game moment I've ever read about:

- Outside Burger Shot, I bumped into a bunch of Hells Angels who started chasing me because I bumped into them all. As I was running, I took a swipe with my knife at a pedestrian who was a very fat guy with a long white beard. As I stabbed him, I decided to quickly finish him off and I could hear one of the Angels yell "No! Santa!"

Anyways, here's a shot of my little friend (sounds like DL, looks like Robert Guillaume):

The Franchise
05-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I played this game last night for about 2 hours......and it's seriously the best game I've played in the last two years.

I was on the first date with Michelle.....and some cop tripped over my foot while we were walking. lol He instantly started shooting me. lol

Hootie
05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
what do you do playing live? Is there a point? Please answer =)

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
There are many, many different online game modes (crooks n' cops, deathmatch, race, free roam, etc). what's the point?? It's fun to roam around the giant open world with your buds...

Sure-Oz
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

So true...

kcxiv
05-01-2008, 03:59 PM

I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

**** the PS3 :)
I'm worried about the 360s multiplayer.

I might've seen the same hooker twice :)

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 05:01 PM
i've had no problems playing online until right now..says it cant connect..any one else having this problem?

kcxiv
05-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I expect servers to be crashing on both ps3 and 360 for the first week. Remember this game is supposed to sell about 9million copies this week. I could see 1.5-2 million people online playing. Something is bound to break.

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Michelle has split personalities..We come out of the restaurant and my truck is gone so i hijack a car but it was locked so i smash open the window..she goes around and kicks the window in on her side..later she gets pissed at me for hijacking a car and leaves..we later got in another fight after i shot her in the face

Jenson71
05-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Michelle has split personalities..We come out of the restaurant and my truck is gone so i hijack a car but it was locked so i smash open the window..she goes around and kicks the window in on her side..later she gets pissed at me for hijacking a car and leaves..we later got in another fight after i shot her in the face

LMAO

Moobs
05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Lately free for all has been a race to the helicopters. Which I love simply because I get my anti-aircraft bazookas. DIRKA DIRKA MOHAMMED JIHAD!

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
DIRKA DIRKA MOHAMMED JIHAD!

ROFL ROFL

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
does the amusement park ever open?

JBucc
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Finally I can stop avoiding GTAIV threads. I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Did the first few missions though they hardly qualify as such. I love it so far. The only thing that bugs me is the camera when walking. That ****er refuses to budge.

Also can anyone tell me how to whistle for a cab, and how to access the police car computer database thingy? Or is that stuff I have to learn later?

BigChiefFan
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Finally I can stop avoiding GTAIV threads. I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Did the first few missions though they hardly qualify as such. I love it so far. The only thing that bugs me is the camera when walking. That ****er refuses to budge.

Also can anyone tell me how to whistle for a cab, and how to access the police car computer database thingy? Or is that stuff I have to learn later?
You have to do a mission before you can get the ability to call for a cab.

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM

cab is L1 on ps3 but he when u go up to it and hit triangle he usually hijacks it instead of just getting it...

as for the police computer...didnt know u could **** with that..have to try it out

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
btw..I think Michelle needs some ****ing mydol

Kraus
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
cab is L1 on ps3 but he when u go up to it and hit triangle he usually hijacks it instead of just getting it...

as for the police computer...didnt know u could **** with that..have to try it out

You got to hold the button, not tap it.

Tap it = Hijack
Hold = Get in as passenger

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
You got to hold the button, not tap it.

Tap it = Hijack
Hold = Get in as passenger

oh..wasnt aware of that. Thanks

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Just got a "Disc Read Error" while in a mission.
Restarted it and got the same ****ing error.

edit: And now i'm back in... WTF!!!!

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
btw..I think Michelle needs some ****ing mydol

Treat her right you shit!
Take her to Cluckin' Bell ;)

dj56dt58
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Take her to Cluckin' Bell ;)

Im just tryin to get her drunk but her passenger seat driver bullshit is getting on my nerves

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Im just tryin to get her drunk but her passenger seat driver bullshit is getting on my nerves

haha.

well my shit just froze again.. i'm gonna try some other games to make sure it's a hardware issue... i'm sure it ****in is.

KcMizzou
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I was having fun with this game before tonight.

After tonight, it owns me. Holy hell, is this fun. (and well written) Just finished the Mikhael part.

Lil' Jacob is my homie. I was down to about 8% life.... boxed in by the cops... and he popped out the passenger side spraying his uzi over the roof of the car... saved my life.

It was a true "holy shit" moment.

KcMizzou
05-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Take her to Cluckin' Bell ;)I took her there, and she was kind pissy about it. "Oh, I guess I like simple places like this."

Wa-Z
05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
haha.

well my shit just froze again.. i'm gonna try some other games to make sure it's a hardware issue... i'm sure it ****in is.

Happened to my PS3 a couple weeks back...what system are you on?

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2008, 01:34 AM
"You always win those shitty singer competitions because you have passion. Well, I've got a convertible."

"Ow! Ow! Ow!"
"How do you like America NOW, mother****er?"

BWillie
05-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Some questions...

1. What is with the Fu*king camera angle in the car? I'd rather use the outside of the car camera's but they don't stay locked in front of the car so I have to use the one where it's actually in the car. It never moves, but it seems to work alright.

2. When you screw Michelle..don't they ever show you railing that OCD ho? I didn't get to see any arousing pixels of them going at it. Just got to hear it.

3. How do you pick shit up? I've managed to do it a few times, but I don't know how I did it. I can't really figure out how to throw right.

4. How do I get a prostitute and where do I go? I thought I went up to one and she was giving sexual advances but I pressed every button and I couldn't even get a hand job or anything. Bullshit

QuikSsurfer
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Happened to my PS3 a couple weeks back...what system are you on?

360. I cannot even load GTA anymore.. Disc Error after opening cinamatic

JBucc
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Mine had a disk read error too. Seems to be alright for now, hope it stays that way.

Demonpenz
05-02-2008, 10:12 AM
actually PC game is dying meanwhile consoles are 500 bucks and software is buggy and requires patches

dj56dt58
05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Some questions...

1. What is with the Fu*king camera angle in the car? I'd rather use the outside of the car camera's but they don't stay locked in front of the car so I have to use the one where it's actually in the car. It never moves, but it seems to work alright.

2. When you screw Michelle..don't they ever show you railing that OCD ho? I didn't get to see any arousing pixels of them going at it. Just got to hear it.

3. How do you pick shit up? I've managed to do it a few times, but I don't know how I did it. I can't really figure out how to throw right.

4. How do I get a prostitute and where do I go? I thought I went up to one and she was giving sexual advances but I pressed every button and I couldn't even get a hand job or anything. Bullshit

to pick shit up its L1(ps3) and to throw is R2..the longer you hold the further it goes. Not sure about #4. #1 pisses me off too

Did you have enough money for the hooker?? Maybe she's an arrogant bitch and thinks she's worth more than she is

QuikSsurfer
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Mine had a disk read error too. Seems to be alright for now, hope it stays that way.

Gave me the error about 10 straight times last night. I slept on it, thinking that I could wake up and God would've made things right in my xbox over night.

Same error!!!
My 360 is wrapped up in a towel, cooking like an oven.
Coffin is on the way!

TinyEvel
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM
XBOX360 problems?

PS3 Metal Gear Solid Bundle August 12: $499.

kcxiv
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
2nd straight 4am session lastnight and no problems on the 360.

Also, if you look hard enough you can get a 360 fairly cheap and you dont have to spend no 500 bucks on one. Hell, i got a ps3 almost brand new for 300.

QuikSsurfer
05-02-2008, 01:31 PM
XBOX360 problems?

PS3 Metal Gear Solid Bundle August 12: $499.

lol

****er.

how's the online running on GTA4?

Simply Red
05-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I found a street preacher! A real fire and brimstone type, too. He kind of sounded like DL Hughley.

I also tipped a saxaphone player, who proceeded to call me a Philistine. The only real response I could muster was to punch him in the face and push him down a hill. I think he won the argument, but I felt better in the end.

Then, a while later, I somehow managed to instigate a three-man fight on the tracks directly in front of a train that was about to depart. Ouch.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's quite possibly the greatest video game moment I've ever read about:

Anyways, here's a shot of my little friend (sounds like DL, looks like Robert Guillaume):

OMG'z that may have been the funniest nonsense I've ever read! ROFL

kcxiv
05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
So, i took LJ to the airport, i decided i wanted to look at some planes. Well you get a 4 star wanted. So i stole the swat truck and tried to outrun the police, after 20 min epic chase (OJ style) the chopper shot the swat truck with a rocket launcher. It was game over for me :(. I couldnt stop laughing when that happened. Good shit.

dj56dt58
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
So, i took LJ to the airport, i decided i wanted to look at some planes. Well you get a 4 star wanted. So i stole the swat truck and tried to outrun the police, after 20 min epic chase (OJ style) the chopper shot the swat truck with a rocket launcher. It was game over for me :(. I couldnt stop laughing when that happened. Good shit.

Same shit happened to me...I figured I'd jump in a chopper and get away but when I got to the choppers they were all in the air shooting at me :cuss:

Fairplay
05-02-2008, 07:38 PM
This thread is going to go on and on and make the ever ready battery look sick.

BigChiefFan
05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
For those having problems with the brightness-you don't have to adjust your T.V.

Press pause and go to DISPLAY, adjust the picture that way. Problem solved. I was having the same problem, now it's kicking ass.

kcxiv
05-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Damn, i am on 15 hours played and only like 15 percent in. I just love goofing off. Making some money by doing side quests, going here and there, just exploring. Its only just started. I can see me going easily into about 50 hours played before i decide to finish it. Game is worth 300 bucks.

POND_OF_RED
05-03-2008, 01:22 AM

Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

dj56dt58
05-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Just saw a Katt Williams standup on there. Also I love listening to the Journey while I run from the Cops. This game is the SHIT!!!!

lol..I gotta go watch some more Tv on there..beats anything on real TV

BWillie
05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

QuikSsurfer
05-03-2008, 02:47 PM
How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahh

Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 04:32 PM
How the hell do you beat the bikers that are screwing that crime boss guys ho? I go into the park and they gun me down everytime. I've failed the mission like 4 times in a row.. dahhYou do have the body armor on, right?

It took me a couple of tries with the body armor and the uzi.

BWillie
05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Can't you ditch the bike and get a car before you hit the park? Run over a few then get out and use the trees for cover.

I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know I'll try it. The game initially tells me I have to get on the bike. I don't have any body armour yet, and no oozy as far as I know. Just a shotgun and pistol. Where do you get body armour?One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.

BWillie
05-03-2008, 04:59 PM
One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.

I went into the weapons store and I've already bought stuff from there. But I didn't see any body armour. Almost everything there said display only except like one gun

kcxiv
05-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

JBucc
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I completed that mission in 3 tries I think. The first two times I crashed the bike and flipped out into the water and he got away. The 3rd time I took it slowly and got to the park. Then I ran to the other side of the park and took cover and a few of them chased after me so I took shots as them as they ran towards me. Then went back up and finished the others off.

TinyEvel
05-03-2008, 05:28 PM
wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.

kcxiv
05-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I been playing all morning and only 23 percent in now. 20 hours. Its just crazy how much enjoyment you can get out of this game. Most games are like 8 hours and its over and your 60 bucks are done. This game has so much shit you can do outside of the main storyline its a blast.

BWillie
05-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

Yeah what I did was instead of taking that stupid bike I just took a car and drove it over one of them. Then got out and ducked and covered behind the tree. The dbags were using the car as cover and I got out my machine gun and gunned up the car until it blew up. It was easy pickens from then on out.

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
I just started working for Player X.

The construction site mission to kill the union bosses is a blast.

Oddly enough, I'm a member of a union. (Teamsters, no less) I've always talked about how the only thing the union's done for me, is take $60 bucks a month out of my pay.... now I've had my revenge. :D

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.The story missions are a blast. Great writing and voice acting. I keep doing story missions rather than side quests, mainly because I enjoy the cut scenes so much. That's rare.

I do enjoy stealing cars for Brucie, though.

TinyEvel
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
w00t!

I just crashed through the bridge and made it to the other island by jumping out of the car. It took me six tries, but I got a screen capture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

JBucc
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm stuck on the Snow Storm mission. Which I think would be properly titled The Shit Storm. I've played three times and and taking a break. The first couple times I tried to stay and fight but that didn't work out so well. Then I tried to haul ass and get out of there but the first car you get to is a slow ass truck. So I make it out on to the main road but the game is doing the thing where all the cars disappear when you have a high wanted level and the only car that's around is the one you're in. So I can't find anything faster to switch into. Meanwhile I'm getting rammed from every direction and eventually the truck breaks down and won't start. I try to make a run for it but don't make it ten feet before I'm gunned down. GTAV must have mission checkpoints. Some of these are so tedious it would really take the sting off the grind factor.

dj56dt58
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
lets set up a CP deathmatch

xbarretx
05-03-2008, 09:34 PM
anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!Not I...

Are you on a PS3? And is it the first time you've played?

Because I heard the PS3 loads some stuff to the hard drive to reduce load times later... takes a while. (I'm playing on a 360)

xbarretx
05-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Not I.

well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:I've read several complaints online... but mine's running smooth... like butter.

Moobs
05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!

KcMizzou
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!Count in this 33 yr old white boy.

I only play single player so far, though.

kcxiv
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I am neither a black man or a 14/15 year old, and i love me some GTAIV lol.

Game is just very fun. It didnt break records. Hell shatter records for nothing.

TinyEvel
05-04-2008, 07:23 AM
anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

Yesterday I had my first snag on my PS3. I put it in and after the illustrated image montage, it goes to 'loading "bleed Out" (the current mission) and just kept that screen up for a LONG time (two minutes). I quit out and the system restarted when I did that, instead of going back to the XMB bar. It did it his three times in a row, and the next time it started up I chose user, then did NOT sign in (with password) before starting the game, and it worked.

HC_Chief
05-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't understand a f#^%#ing thing that Jamaican says! "'An me be ayn or I and I, Jah!"

umm, err, okay.....

ragedogg69
05-04-2008, 11:40 AM
this game is crack.

last night became one of those "just one more mission" nights.

first it was 11 then 2 30 then 4am. i havnt done that with a game in ages.

kcxiv
05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I can't understand a f#^%#ing thing that Jamaican says! "'An me be ayn or I and I, Jah!"

umm, err, okay.....
I turned on subtitles, but its still kind of difficult to understand what he says at times, but i get the overall idea. Little Jacob is a badass though. He always has your back. Well a least so far. lol

dj56dt58
05-04-2008, 02:51 PM
This is just ****ing retarted..Im on the level where u have to kill Ivan. I shot him a million ****ing times and he keeps on going and getting away. How many times u gotta ****in shoot him? Can we have a little bit of realism for christ sake?

xbarretx
05-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Yesterday I had my first snag on my PS3. I put it in and after the illustrated image montage, it goes to 'loading "bleed Out" (the current mission) and just kept that screen up for a LONG time (two minutes). I quit out and the system restarted when I did that, instead of going back to the XMB bar. It did it his three times in a row, and the next time it started up I chose user, then did NOT sign in (with password) before starting the game, and it worked.

so starting it while logged out of PSN helps?

and yes KcMizz .. im on PS3

ragedogg69
05-04-2008, 03:20 PM
This is just ****ing retarted..Im on the level where u have to kill Ivan. I shot him a million ****ing times and he keeps on going and getting away. How many times u gotta ****in shoot him? Can we have a little bit of realism for christ sake?

im pretty sure you just have to follow him until he bails in his car.

BigChiefFan
05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
so starting it while logged out of PSN helps?

and yes KcMizz .. im on PS3Yes. Just go to Network settings and disable internet connection so you can play the game. It's some kind of glitch, that they need a patch for. This is a temporary fix for those that are having the freezing problem.

BigChiefFan
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
This is just ****ing retarted..Im on the level where u have to kill Ivan. I shot him a million ****ing times and he keeps on going and getting away. How many times u gotta ****in shoot him? Can we have a little bit of realism for christ sake? You have to chase him through the building-you end up on the rooftop. Don't dick with taking out all the bodyguards-just follow him.

ZootedGranny
05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I dealt with the lack of mid-mission checkpoints until the last mission of the game, which managed to get me to throw my controller, something I haven't done since the Playstation 1 era. Not MDK2, not Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, not Call of Duty 4 on Veteran, not Earth Defense Force on Insanity, but GTA4.

Once more people beat the game, I'll tell the story, but it was as if the game was playing a sadistic joke on me. In 5 consecutive attempts, I died at the same spot, but in completely different ways. The first time I died and had to restart the entire mission, I was angry. By the 5th time? I spiked the controller into the ground, which sent the battery pack zipping into another room.

I have to give it up to MS though, because it still works perfectly despite it sounding like a child's rattle when you shake it.

Bowser
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I dealt with the lack of mid-mission checkpoints until the last mission of the game, which managed to get me to throw my controller, something I haven't done since the Playstation 1 era. Not MDK2, not Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, not Call of Duty 4 on Veteran, not Earth Defense Force on Insanity, but GTA4.

Once more people beat the game, I'll tell the story, but it was as if the game was playing a sadistic joke on me. In 5 consecutive attempts, I died at the same spot, but in completely different ways. The first time I died and had to restart the entire mission, I was angry. By the 5th time? I spiked the controller into the ground, which sent the battery pack zipping into another room.

I have to give it up to MS though, because it still works perfectly despite it sounding like a child's rattle when you shake it.

LMAO

Reaper16
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I wish Niko could just hang out with Little Jacob and Badman and build up a nice life together instead of dicking around with eastern Europeans. Those rasta dudes are ****ing awesome. Much respek fo dem righteous youths, seen, me breda?

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I've pretty much burnt myself out for the weekend. Been having a blast, though.

Liberty City's version of Times Square is awesome. I kept running into things because I was gawking.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I wish Niko could just hang out with Little Jacob and Badman and build up a nice life together instead of dicking around with eastern Europeans. Those rasta dudes are ****ing awesome. Much respek fo dem righteous youths, seen, me breda?Lil Jacob saved my butt on the last mission of the Mikhael Faustin story line. His cover fire from inside the car is awesome. I finished with no armor and like 1/16 of my life.

BWillie
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
This deconstruction of beginners is impossible. I keep getting my ass kicked. I think I could complete it with body armor. The first time I tried it, I bought some off of Lil Jacob but I was stupid and didn't go up on the roof to snipe anybody and now he won't sell me anymore.

xbarretx
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes. Just go to Network settings and disable internet connection so you can play the game. It's some kind of glitch, that they need a patch for. This is a temporary fix for those that are having the freezing problem.

sweet, rep to tiny, KC and bigred!

JBucc
05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I wish instead of the completely scripted missions they would have just given the bad guys some good AI to allow them to take different paths to their objectives. One time they would run, another they would stay and fight. I especially hate when you're chasing someone (which is usually what every mission comes down to), and the same cars crash and take the same turns every time, right in front of you while the AI car breezes away unscathed. Unpredictability is what makes games like this fun but there isn't much in the missions. It's really stupid when you have to get to a certain point before your bullets can even to damage to a car. I hoped they would have progressed past this.

Thig Lyfe
05-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I was playing on a friend's game and moltov'd a hospital waiting room... I felt pretty bad about it.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
This deconstruction of beginners is impossible. I keep getting my ass kicked. I think I could complete it with body armor. The first time I tried it, I bought some off of Lil Jacob but I was stupid and didn't go up on the roof to snipe anybody and now he won't sell me anymore. You still don't have a weapon shop? (Lil' Jacob isnt selling me weapons, though) They sell body armor. $500. That, combined with the cover system, and you should be fine.

I finished that one on the second try. The one that's got me stuck is the race with Brucie.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I wish instead of the completely scripted missions they would have just given the bad guys some good AI to allow them to take different paths to their objectives. One time they would run, another they would stay and fight. I especially hate when you're chasing someone (which is usually what every mission comes down to), and the same cars crash and take the same turns every time, right in front of you while the AI car breezes away unscathed. Unpredictability is what makes games like this fun but there isn't much in the missions. It's really stupid when you have to get to a certain point before your bullets can even to damage to a car. I hoped they would have progressed past this.Hmm... your experience with the game seems to have been very different than mine.

It helps to get creative. In the street sweeper mission... the first time, a couple gansters took off in a car while I fought their buddies... and I failed.

Before trying again, I used a couple of cars to block in the getaway car before I started. That made it a breeze. No chasing... fish in a barrel.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Just three more days til summer vacation and I'll be playing this non-stop.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 09:59 PM
How much does a sniper rifle cost, or can Little Jacob give you one? I've got three flying rats that I need to sniper, and then I've got them all for the first area.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Just three more days til summer vacation and I'll be playing this non-stop.I don't know how much you've played it up to this point, but I think you'll be very impressed with the story.

It's much more deep than the previous games. Niko has a conscience... and it's wearing on him.

BWillie
05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
You still don't have a weapon shop? (Lil' Jacob isnt selling me weapons, though) They sell body armor. $500. That, combined with the cover system, and you should be fine.

I finished that one on the second try. The one that's got me stuck is the race with Brucie.

Ha no kidding? I aced the race with Brucie on the first try. Maybe I need to go to other weapon shops. I searched at the weapons shops and I didn't see any body armor. Funny how different missions are harder for different people

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Ha no kidding? I aced the race with Brucie on the first try. Maybe I need to go to other weapon shops. I searched at the weapons shops and I didn't see any body armor. Funny how different missions are harder for different peopleHeheh, no doubt. I think the racing's got me all screwed up because I'm still trying to drive like I'm playing Burnout.

And, the first weapon shop has body armor. As you enter the shop, take a left, then a right, and it's right there to your right on the center table.

I've found two weapon shops, and they're exactly the same.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know how much you've played it up to this point, but I think you'll be very impressed with the story.

It's much more deep than the previous games. Niko has a conscience... and it's wearing on him.

SPOILERS

Yeah, I've gotten pretty far already. About 10% I think. I've killed Vlad, and have done a mission for the Faustio? guy.

Okay, here's another question:

I'm trying to find Brian (the side character), the second time. They say he's sort of by the safehome and Comrade's Bar, but I can't find him at all. Any idea?

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
How much does a sniper rifle cost, or can Little Jacob give you one? I've got three flying rats that I need to sniper, and then I've got them all for the first area.You get one from a story mission. The first Elizabeta mission, IIRC.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm trying to find Brian (the side character), the second time. They say he's sort of by the safehome and Comrade's Bar, but I can't find him at all. Any idea?Can't really help ya there. But if it's the guy I'm thinking about, he'll appear as a little green man on your mini map.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 10:10 PM
You get one from a story mission. The first Elizabeta mission, IIRC.

Cool, I can wait then. Thanks

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Who just has to get 100% and who just has fun doing whatever, not really caring?

Me - I have to get 100%.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Also, I have to kill all the flying rats and do the unique jumps and all the other stuff before finally winning the story mode.

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Who just has to get 100% and who just has fun doing whatever, not really caring?

Me - I have to get 100%.I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.

BWillie
05-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.

I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.
Roman gives you the ability to WORK for him and get paid driving cabs for him. He also gives you the ability to call cabs that will take you to places you've already been to-that's very helpful after drinking.

Michelle just gives you sex, but it's still a stat-successful dates.

All the friends give you perks-it's worth helping them out, IMO.

JBucc
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Also when I was walking along Algonquin some bum with a cardboard sign said something like "Watch out for them aliens!" or something about aliens. I wish I could remember the exact line.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm having a blast playing this game. Anybody think the magician and his assistant are George W. and Laura Bush? They sure look like them and the assistant's name is LAUREL.

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

Jenson71
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

When you're busted, you lose your pieces, mang. When you die, you still retain them. Never go down without a fight, mang. Never!

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

Reaper16
05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!

Buck
05-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!

QuikSsurfer
05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!Grats! :D

QuikSsurfer
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I've been playing the shit outta Cops n' Crooks.. LOVE IT

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 11:16 PM
It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!Bas Rutten's on The Men's Room. The real version is on MMA Weekly on HDNet. El Guapo's a lot funnier on real TV. :D

Fishpicker
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!

I was playing in free mode and was messing around in a chopper. some dude kept tailing me, trying to shoot me down. I hovered over a flat building, landed the chopper on there, spun around and dropped the chopper in one shot from the sniper rifle. fun stuff.

is it just me or is the bolt-action sniper easier to use than the semi-auto sniper?

Ultra Peanut
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
It's worth it to fail some missions just to hear the extra dialogue. This game is so ****ing perfect.

Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!Ridin' with my top down
With my jewwry on
Hey, I'm just gettin' my hood on

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
So yesterday a police helicpoter hovered of my apartment complex in real life. All I could think about is taking it down with an rpg and getting 5 stars hehe

JBucc
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Man I finished the story missions, and I'm just glad it's over. Outside of a handful of standouts I didn't care for most of the story missions at all. Too much repetition and scripting and frustration when stupid shit happened and I had to do it over again. Many times I just wanted to get to the next cutscene.

Kclee
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Also, I have to kill all the flying rats and do the unique jumps and all the other stuff before finally winning the story mode.

Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-gta-iv-easter-eggs-so-far/a-20080505122415601022/p-4

QuikSsurfer
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-7-gta-iv-easter-eggs-so-far/a-20080505122415601022/p-4

Very cool. thanks a lot!

HC_Chief
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Man, I HATE THAT F*CKING PORSCHE. I want to shoot the car physics developer in the face with a bazooka! :grr:

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Adam Sessler kicks ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frazod
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I just picked this up tonight. I've never played any of them before.

Jenson71
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Awesome. Enjoy! Keep us updated.

What caused you to get it? The good reviews?

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I just picked this up tonight. I've never played any of them before.Hmm.. Think "Goodfellas" where you start as a small time crook and work your way up the ladder.

The open world might seem a little daunting at first... it's vast.

Hope you enjoy it. I haven't played any other game since I bought it.

Frazod
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Awesome. Enjoy! Keep us updated.

What caused you to get it? The good reviews?

Yeah. When Gamespot gives the game a 10, well, I'm having a look. :thumb:

HypnotizedMonkey
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I love this game.

JBucc
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Finally got into the multiplayer. Played Cops n Crooks, GTA Race, Mafia Work, and some free roam. Cops n Crooks is great when you have a competent team. One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off. He was killed. Mafia work is alright. I played one game and when me and another guy won the first two things everyone else dropped out so it was just me and him for the rest of the time. GTA Race is lots of fun. Free Roam is what you'd expect. Oh and Turf War. Our team kicked the other team's ass.

I also tried to play hangman's noose but we couldn't get any other players. I did see the cutscene though. Its the airport scenario the only one?

Pretty much lag free as well.

dj56dt58
05-07-2008, 12:07 AM
One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off.

Sorry..those burritos went right through my guy and the driver wouldnt ****ing pull over

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM

I got it a couple of days ago, based on what I read in this thread. Haven't played the others, but I really enjoyed "The Godfather" on the 360 so I figured I'd give it a shot. Just looking at the map this version of NYC is a hell of a lot bigger.

I'll probably start it this weekend.

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Finally got into the multiplayer. Played Cops n Crooks, GTA Race, Mafia Work, and some free roam. Cops n Crooks is great when you have a competent team. One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off. He was killed. Mafia work is alright. I played one game and when me and another guy won the first two things everyone else dropped out so it was just me and him for the rest of the time. GTA Race is lots of fun. Free Roam is what you'd expect. Oh and Turf War. Our team kicked the other team's ass.

I also tried to play hangman's noose but we couldn't get any other players. I did see the cutscene though. Its the airport scenario the only one?

Pretty much lag free as well.

That's a coop mission.. lasts about 15 minutes.

The Franchise
05-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Adam Sessler kicks ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ROFL:clap:

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow, I had no idea how appropriate this song was (well, at least the part in the video with the rocket launcher):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kDbGdoDXE4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I just thought it was ****ing catchy.

Redrum_69
05-07-2008, 10:59 AM
The game was super easy on the 360. Bought it at Midnight on the 29th, and beat it within 4 days.

I'm still missing one jump though.

xbarretx
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
The game was super easy on the 360. Bought it at Midnight on the 29th, and beat it within 4 days.

I'm still missing one jump though.

did you jsut run through and do mission after mission? come one Red, half of the fun of the game is not doing missions and just stealing the viper-esk cars and seeing what you can find and do within the city. i mean had to visit the strip club a few times...i FINIALLY found a hooker...and then promptly killed her after to get my cash back....(like you said) doing jumps, avoiding cops..molotov(sp)-ing people and watching them BURN! sure you can powerlevel your self through the game you miss out.. its like all science and no philosophy :shake: ..... im just messin with ya bro LMAO ... hows life like at the "queen mary on the prarie" ?

Redrum_69
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh helll...

i may get all stunt jumps now...

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
That's awesome.

The internet is so well done. Nothing like going out with someone and then reading her blog about it.

Coach
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah. When Gamespot gives the game a 10, well, I'm having a look. :thumb:

I look forward to hearing your reviews/opinions on it. I'm going to get it, but I'm gonna have to wait until the PC version comes out, if it does......

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
ZiT has cost me $3 so far. "Ven Bailalo" (or as I've dubbed it, "Manny's Song"), "No Sex For Ben," and "Vagabond" are totally worth it.