PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dr Z weighs in on Chiefs' draft

Ugly Duck
04-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Why aren't I cheering?

Kansas City Chiefs: Stars of the war room, stars of the TV studios and the draft, that's K.C., with its cast of thousands. And yes, the names are impressive, but how about the two that are missing? Jared Allen, their right DE who led the league in sacks last year, and ... well, the name escapes me, but it was the guy I was sure the Chiefs would bring in to give Brodie Croyle a run for the QB job. Sorry, no one to push Croyle, no Allen to line up at his usual spot. It's what I call a "yes, but..." draft.

Drafts that I like
Oakland Raiders: Mainly because I called this one right in my mock draft, and I needed wins real bad. Al Davis has a mob of runners, but none of them like McFadden. He runs a 4.33, and in the old days, the typical Raider running back, Mark Van Eeghen, Marv Hubbard, that bunch, couldn't cover 20 yards in that time. So everyone's keeping fingers crossed that the bright lights of Oakland don't ensnare the young man. Ghosts of Teddy Hendricks and John Matuszak are everywhere. I also like Oakland's third-round choice, fourth rounder Bryan Shields, the tall wideout who broke the bank at the combine workouts.

Final thoughts

Denver Broncos: Mike Shanahan feels that establishing the run (tackle Ryan Clady drafted first) is more important than stopping it, which the Broncos couldn't do last year, and far be it from me to second guess him. How about first guess?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html

kcxiv
04-29-2008, 04:27 AM
So many needs for all teams, that you just cant fix them in 1 draft. Especially if your teams arent good to begin with. Chiefs/Raiders/Broncos all have massive holes to fill. It just wasnt going to happen in 1 draft.

SPchief
04-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Why aren't I cheering?

Kansas City Chiefs: Stars of the war room, stars of the TV studios and the draft, that's K.C., with its cast of thousands. And yes, the names are impressive, but how about the two that are missing? Jared Allen, their right DE who led the league in sacks last year, and ... well, the name escapes me, but it was the guy I was sure the Chiefs would bring in to give Brodie Croyle a run for the QB job. Sorry, no one to push Croyle, no Allen to line up at his usual spot. It's what I call a "yes, but..." draft.

Drafts that I like
Oakland Raiders: Mainly because I called this one right in my mock draft, and I needed wins real bad. Al Davis has a mob of runners, but none of them like McFadden. He runs a 4.33, and in the old days, the typical Raider running back, Mark Van Eeghen, Marv Hubbard, that bunch, couldn't cover 20 yards in that time. So everyone's keeping fingers crossed that the bright lights of Oakland don't ensnare the young man. Ghosts of Teddy Hendricks and John Matuszak are everywhere. I also like Oakland's third-round choice, fourth rounder Bryan Shields, the tall wideout who broke the bank at the combine workouts.

Final thoughts

Denver Broncos: Mike Shanahan feels that establishing the run (tackle Ryan Clady drafted first) is more important than stopping it, which the Broncos couldn't do last year, and far be it from me to second guess him. How about first guess?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html

ie... I suck at draft predictions, I've been scooped by Gochiefs and I have nothing else to add

Chief Chief
04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Apparently none of the draft experts know that Tyler Thigpen, aka Super Stealth, is on KC's player roster.

jidar
04-29-2008, 07:25 AM
If only we had 2 other first round picks to get a franchise QB and another DE, then we could have made Dr. Z. happy.

Spicy McHaggis
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
The Oakland Raiders will employ a five RB formation, lateraling the ball rugby style to each other until finally being tackled for a loss of 17.

Frazod
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
ie... I suck at draft predictions, I've been scooped by Gochiefs and I have nothing else to add

LMAO

Dr. Z does seem a bit butthurt that he missed out on the heaps-o-praise bandwagon.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm beginning to suspect the kid on the porch in Deliverance grew up to become Dr. Z.

Uncle_Ted
04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
That article was nearly unreadable ... I think Dr. Z is starting to lose it.

Bowser
04-29-2008, 08:37 AM
That article was nearly unreadable ... I think Dr. Z is starting to lose it.

"Starting to"?

Fish
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Drafts that I like
Oakland Raiders: Mainly because I called this one right in my mock draft, and I needed wins real bad.

Translation: I'm selfishly grading drafts as they pertain to my guesses, and not how they will translate to the future of the team in question. I'm a egotistic self-absorbed idiot.

HypnotizedMonkey
04-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Dr. Z has a "yes... butt" life. f@g

PastorMikH
04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I've been thinking since saturday about Mcfadden to the Raiders. Here's a kid that has had trouble with the Law in his past and wants to keep his nose clean getting thrown into a bunch of thugs. That's kinda like a recovered alchoholic going to work for Jack Daniels.

Poor kid.:shake:

veist
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
About the only thing I agree with Dr. Z about is that Ray Guy doesn't deserve to be in the hall.

Messier
04-29-2008, 09:05 AM
It was funny, during the draft when they showed footage of the 1983 draft and Zimmerman was their draft analysis guy. First he said Tony Eason would be the best QB of the class, but I also noticed the man looked sixty back then!

acesn8s
04-29-2008, 09:08 AM
I've been thinking since saturday about Mcfadden to the Raiders. Here's a kid that has had trouble with the Law in his past and wants to keep his nose clean getting thrown into a bunch of thugs. That's kinda like a recovered alchoholic going to work for Jack Daniels.

Poor kid.:shake:Jack Daniels is located in a dry county in Tennessee

PastorMikH
04-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Jack Daniels is located in a dry county in Tennessee

it was a figure of speech

:banghead:

Subtle humor has no place on the Planet anymore.

Valiant
04-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Jack Daniels is located in a dry county in Tennessee

Its funny I bought alcohol there..

The consolidated city-county government of Lynchburg and Moore County, Tennessee, is a dry county, notwithstanding that it is home to the Jack Daniel's distillery. (A special state law allows the distillery to sell small, commemorative bottles of Jack Daniel's whiskey to tourists, but not on Sundays.)

boogblaster
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Im not drivin to Tennessee for a half-jigger bottle ... Damn revenewers ....

blueballs
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Raiders cut Rhodes
Dr Z forgot about a june cut from the Jets