PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Midnight GTAIV stabbing!!

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190070.html

Midnight launches aren't always the gaming industry's proudest moments. The PlayStation 3 release in particular was riddled with launch-related crimes, including a mugging, a store robbery, a launch line hold-up, and a shooting.

Grand Theft Auto IV went on sale in stores around the world at 12:01 a.m. this morning, and already reports of criminal midnight launch madness are starting to filter in. BBC News is reporting on a pair of incidents, with news of a stabbing outside a Gamestation in Croydon and a mugging by another game store in Lancashire.

According to the news service, a 23-year-old man was attacked by a knife-wielding assailant as he passed a line outside the Gamestation. The victim was treated for several stab wounds and has since been released. The attacker, who police said appeared to be waiting in the line of about 50 to 100 people, was not apprehended.

In the mugging, an 18-year-old was robbed of his copy of the game and beaten as he walked home from the store with a friend. The victim was taken to the hospital with a broken jaw and a broken nose.

Police are asking for witnesses in both cases to step forward.

QuikSsurfer
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Anyone remember the Wii Midnight Launch?? Everyone passed out cookies and cupcakes.

oaklandhater
04-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Anyone remember the Wii Midnight Launch?? Everyone passed out cookies and cupcakes.

I was at the wii launch and the GTAIV midnight launch Last Night every thing was very calm.

The manger at Gamestop even let us play GTAIV on the xbox360 kiosk while we waited it was very nice.

chasedude
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FudP7meoCas&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FudP7meoCas&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I miss this show! LMAO

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I walked into Best Buy this morning around 10:30 and there were about four "thuggy" people in line with the game. I capped all their asses and ran over three old people on the way out of the lot.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
The only Midnight launch I ever went to was the Halo 2 one. There was a bunch of drunk 18 year olds hootin' and hollering in Lawrence. I rolled up at about 10 til midnight and cut in line and got out of there in 20 minutes.

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
The only Midnight launch I ever went to was the Halo 2 one. There was a bunch of drunk 18 year olds hootin' and hollering in Lawrence. I rolled up at about 10 til midnight and cut in line and got out of there in 20 minutes.

Gangsta man, straight up gangsta!

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Gangsta man, straight up gangsta!

why wait in line when you don't have to? :D

Taco John
04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
I like the ironic karmic justice of some innocent being stabbed at a midnight launch of GTA. I wonder who are the biggest losers - the folks that stand in line at a GTA launch, or the folks that dress up and stand in line for Star Wars.

I'm going to go with the GTA losers, just for the fact that they don't have to be creative in the least. They just have to be losers.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I like the ironic karmic justice of some innocent being stabbed at a midnight launch of GTA. I wonder who are the biggest losers - the folks that stand in line at a GTA launch, or the folks that dress up and stand in line for Star Wars.

I'm going to go with the GTA losers, just for the fact that they don't have to be creative in the least. They just have to be losers.

playing a game makes you a loser? It's karma that someone standing in line for this game got stabbed? huh? wtf?

Taco John
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
playing a game makes you a loser? It's karma that someone standing in line for this game got stabbed? huh? wtf?

I never said playing games makes you a loser. This isn't chemistry class here. No hard words, or things to memorize.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I never said playing games makes you a loser. This isn't chemistry class here. No hard words, or things to memorize.

OK, waiting in line for a CERTAIN game makes you a loser? that's what you implied, I would like to think you could have figured out what I meant.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2008, 06:07 PM

:spock:

JBucc
04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
My vote for biggest loser goes to the guys who have their own board then spend all of their time on a rival board. Double lame if they only post in that board's political forum. Now if we could just find someone like that.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Ali is The Biggest Loser.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
What a bunch of ****ing losers, kill them all....

i had no problem getting the game after work around 6pm earlier

Taco John
04-29-2008, 09:30 PM
My vote for biggest loser goes to the guys who have their own board then spend all of their time on a rival board. Double lame if they only post in that board's political forum. Now if we could just find someone like that.

I spend most of my time working. I spend my down time at work blowing off steam on this and a few other message boards, including the one that I founded 8 years ago. I post in the politics forum because there is some serious stuff going on in the US right now more important than the fun diversions. Some day I hope to be able to focus on the diversionary stuff more, instead of worrying about whether or not the dollar is going to fall through the floor, or more soldiers are going to die for people who hate us, or whether my son is even going to have an America to call his own considering how much debt we're heaping on him -- and how much of the country is being gobbled up by foriegn interests who are buying it up for pennies on the dollar.

But even when that "someday" comes, I won't be standing in line for a game that glorifies the stabbing of innocent people with a bunch of degenerates who can't comprehend the cultural concept, Garbage In - Garbage Out.

It's a damn shame what happened to that innocent kid.

Moobs
04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Well it didn't take long for one of the DC'ers to high jack this into a political thread.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Chavtastic.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 11:23 PM
bitching about our government on message boards isn't any more productive than playing video games.

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I tried to read that, but I got bored.

I'm off to shoot some pixilated hookers.

xbarretx
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
why wait in line when you don't have to? :D

i just went into the police station and grabbed a giant purple dildo and beat everyone to death with it! thats how we roll in San Andreas LMAO!

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
RON PAULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Funny thing is, the GTA games actually satirize the "**** y'all, I gots mine" attitude that Ron Paul and his followers personify.

dj56dt58
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
It was rough gettin my copy from Wal Mart..I walked in to get it but it was behind this ****ing glass case..which was locked. So I had to ask an employee to unlock it which he did. Then out of no where he yanks out a sharpie and marks all over my face before running off with my game with an evil laugh..It was all good though because I hadn't paid for it yet

El Jefe
04-30-2008, 10:07 AM
I tried to read that, but I got bored.

I'm off to shoot some pixilated hookers.

LMAO