PDA

View Full Version : May I Make a Request?

CosmicPal
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
This is a great board with some great topics and people, and I particularly enjoy the articles people post.

And, I don't know about anyone else, but I find it rather disruptive or annoying when the original post of the article includes boldface type where the original poster wants you to see what they think is a significant sentence in the article.

Let me read the entire article first, and if you like a sentence in the article that you believe everyone should see, then copy and paste it in a reply to the thread.

But, your bold-face type is gettin' in da way. :D

Keep this sh*t up, and I'm filing a class action suit fuggers.

StcChief
04-30-2008, 10:30 AM
yeah..... get use to the self proclaimed experts

seclark
04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
for a free sample, go to www.kotex.com
sec

MTG#10
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
for a free sample, go to www.kotex.com (http://www.kotex.com)
sec
Thanks. Been looking for a pad designed to hug the curves of my body.

crazycoffey
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
for a free sample, go to www.kotex.com (http://www.kotex.com)
sec

ROFL

siberian khatru
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
While I can appreciate your concern for the readability of this distinguished Internet message board, why don't you go **** yourself?

:p:p:p

KCJohnny
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not one of the people you are referring to, but I understand your problem. Whenever I quote a source, I leave the reader to his own conclusions about the text provided. I find it annoying and counterproductive that so many Chiefs Planet members editorialize about NFL football. After all, this is no place to express your opinions or analysis, is it?
KCJ
:arrow:

ROYC75
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
This is a great board with some great topics and people, and I particularly enjoy the articles people post.

And, I don't know about anyone else, but I find it rather disruptive or annoying when the original post of the article includes boldface type where the original poster wants you to see what they think is a significant sentence in the article.

Let me read the entire article first, and if you like a sentence in the article that you believe everyone should see, then copy and paste it in a reply to the thread.

WHAT DID HE SAY ?

ChiefsFire
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Its always about "me" isn't it.....

Lzen
04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Eh, I like the bold parts. Sometimes when somebody posts a long thread starter, I only read the bold parts to get the basics.

Fish
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Request denied!

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Where are the crotch photos of the chic from Harry Potter?

ChiefsFire
04-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a penis.

bogey
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Eh, I like the bold parts. Sometimes when somebody posts a long thread starter, I only read the bold parts to get the basics.

QFT

morphius
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, in long stories someone inevitably asks for the cliff notes, so they are just doing a preemptive strike against them.

penguinz
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I have a penis.That is very debatable.

ChiefsFire
04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
That is very debatable.

You weren't complaining about it last night.

penguinz
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
You weren't complaining about it last night.Very clever. I guess I walked right in on that one. Oh well.

Chief Wiggum
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM

I'm down with Lzen on this one.

badgirl
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a penis.

now you just need a vagina and you could go "f***" yourself:D

Don't get mad just joking:evil:

ChiefsFire
04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
now you just need a vagina and you could go "f***" yourself:D

Don't get mad just joking:evil:

Now if YOU just had a va...oh wait...still wouldnt happen...:)

badgirl
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Now if YOU just had a va...oh wait...still wouldnt happen...:)

true, so you have no vagina and I have no penis soooo......hmmmmm. :D

Molitoth
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
People can bitch about anything.

J Diddy
04-30-2008, 12:30 PM

yes they can

stlchiefs
04-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Summarized for CosmicPal

El Jefe
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM

I agree with you, sometimes you just want a quick synopsis.

stlchiefs
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
If you come here solely for your source of news you're going to have some problems. As people stated it's done to provide a synopsis for those that don't want to read the entire article. I think that benefit outweighs one persons desire not to read bolded text. This is a message board, not a news agency if you don't want opinions/editorials you're visiting the wrong place.

CosmicPal
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
If you come here solely for your source of news you're going to have some problems. As people stated it's done to provide a synopsis for those that don't want to read the entire article. I think that benefit outweighs one persons desire not to read bolded text. This is a message board, not a news agency if you don't want opinions/editorials you're visiting the wrong place.

Lighten up Francis. :rolleyes:

I was fuggen around when I posted this- thought it would be funny, but I can see how some people just seem to take things too seriously around here.

I actually do like the bold text in some of the articles as Lzen pointed out. They're nice to read in the long, drawn out articles.

But, at the same time, it does sometimes detract from reading the entire article.

I was just trying to be silly about it....boredom robbed me of my senses. It's a wasted thread, the mods can delete this if they want.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
ari masturbates squirrels

jAZ
04-30-2008, 01:47 PM

You are wrong.

Whoever starts the tread is trying to make a point and spotlighting that point. You might as well demand that they post the entire article and not just selected quotes because it follows the same reasoning, that you prefer the draw your own conclusions.

Maybe a middle ground is to ask (expect, require?) that posters provide a source link at the very top of the quoted material. Among other benefits, that will allow you to click the link easily and read the original full article.

badgirl
04-30-2008, 02:02 PM

I was fuggen around when I posted this- thought it would be funny, but I can see how some people just seem to take things too seriously around here.

I actually do like the bold text in some of the articles as Lzen pointed out. They're nice to read in the long, drawn out articles.

But, at the same time, it does sometimes detract from reading the entire article.

I was just trying to be silly about it....boredom robbed me of my senses. It's a wasted thread, the mods can delete this if they want.

Ok, CosmicPal, I will admit the bold type is for me to understand whats going on, everyone on here knows I have had past problems understanding the articles. so now people just puts the main parts in bold so I will get the point.:D

PastorMikH
04-30-2008, 02:44 PM

ditto. Some of the articles that people put up here are long and I don't feel like reading something comparable to the legnth of a doctoral thesis when the poster has one phrase they want to make a point with.

Perhaps the original posters could put the whole article in bold then put the part they want us to notice in regular type.*

*Before you reply in effort to point something out to me about this sentence, please not I am being sarcastic

PastorMikH
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM

I do believe the average IQ of planet posters has dropped below the point of being able to understand things such as sarcasm, subtle humore*, and such.

*But I'll bet they can notice when you misspell a word!

Hydrae
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM

FYP

:D

Hammock Parties
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
You can read?

Hydrae
04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
You can read?

Nope, I am here for the pretty pictures.

aturnis
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM

I have not problem with this... I like the highlights. Saves me time.

stlchiefs
04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I do believe the average IQ of planet posters has dropped below the point of being able to understand things such as sarcasm, subtle humore*, and such.

I didn't realize my inability to catch the sarcasm in one thread was a direct reflection on my IQ. I wasn't meaning my post as an a-hole response, but was mainly just reiterating what others had said. I guess I should have put a couple smilies. :shrug: I'm working on the sarcasm sensor.

ChiefaRoo
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
ari masturbates squirrels

and his KU alum buddies.