PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Croyle the answer

ILChief
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I thought he should have started much sooner last year. But he didn't and here we are. The line should be better (not great but better than last year). LJ is back. Bowe should be improved. We have to find out this year if Croyle is the QB for this team going forward. If not, we have to draft one next year.

MIAdragon
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM
who knows? And who would you like to draft next year?

milkman
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
If the question is "Who was the last QB drafted by the Chiefs?", then, yes, Brodie Croyle is the answer.

CrazyPhuD
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Croyle is definitely the answer the problem is we don't know if the question is....Who's the reason we were good this year or if it's Who's the reason we sucked.

I am optimistic after watching him play. He does have the spark, the question is if we can put it all together or not.

ILChief
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
who knows? And who would you like to draft next year?

not sure who I'd draft. I've seen Stafford from Georgia and Cantwell from Louisville ranked as high prospects.

Tim Tebow is always a wildcard.

Molitoth
04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Where is the option... "I don't know, but I want to give him a chance."

StcChief
04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
what FU poll......

why is there not an I'm not sure......this really reflects on reality

Mecca
04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
For anyone who was ripping on Matt Ryan's stats coming into this draft.....go look at Staffords he's basically been carried by his stockpile of NFL RB's most notably Knowshon Moreno.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
well hes gonna have to be this year. remember he has not taken a snap with LJ in the backfield. This is his time to shine, now or never.

Mecca
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I still question his durability to a huge degree. Even the best QB's behind the best lines get hit....even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning get knocked around at times but they get up..Rivers was playing with a serious injury and look what team he's on..

I question if even on a good team Croyle can take the hits and get up that all QB's take.

evolve27
04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
not sure who I'd draft. I've seen Stafford from Georgia and Cantwell from Louisville ranked as high prospects.

Tim Tebow is always a wildcard.

Stafford's coming up on alot of early mocks I've seen as a Chiefs choice next year. I hope Croyle succeeds this year and can prove critics wrong and the fact I'd rather see us go after a DE or LT with a pick that high.

milkman
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
For anyone who was ripping on Matt Ryan's stats coming into this draft.....go look at Staffords he's basically been carried by his stockpile of NFL RB's most notably Knowshon Moreno.

I expect this to be his breakout year.

He was just a soph last season.

Mecca
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Stafford's coming up on alot of early mocks I've seen as a Chiefs choice next year. I hope Croyle succeeds this year and can prove critics wrong.

Well what do you think this team needs and where do you think they'll pick...

I'll say right now I fully expect that after this next college year to see 3 OT's with top 10 grades and 2 corners with them....then there are some wildcard LB's and safeties.

Mecca
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I expect this to be his breakout year.

He was just a soph last season.

We'll see but if the Chiefs are picking top 5 again, I think next year will have more "top end" elite players than this one did...I can count about 8 guys that I think may be stars.

PastorMikH
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
From what I saw last year, I think Brodie has potential to be our answer at QB. But, he has got to have an OL that will give him time, WRs that don't drop passes in their hands, a running game, and an OC that can actually call plays.

I think if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or even Joe Montana in his prime were given last year's OL, WRs, OC and running game, they'd have a hard time winning too.

PastorMikH
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Let's put it this way, if we are drafting late in the first round with Croyle starting the entire season, he'll be fine. If Croyle isn't the answer, we'll have a high pick in the first round next year to use on a QB.

evolve27
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Well what do you think this team needs and where do you think they'll pick...

I'll say right now I fully expect that after this next college year to see 3 OT's with top 10 grades and 2 corners with them....then there are some wildcard LB's and safeties.

M. Oher or M. Evans from Penn State. DE is deep tho...

DaFace
04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Where's the "Croyle hasn't had enough time to throw the ball and, therefore, doesn't provide enough information to make a judgment" option?

Mecca
Let's put it this way, if we are drafting late in the first round with Croyle starting the entire season, he'll be fine. If Croyle isn't the answer, we'll have a high pick in the first round next year to use on a QB.

The problem is next year may be like this one where you go "that QB isn't worth that" next year if we pick top 5 again will have some true elite players sitting at the top of it.

milkman
We'll see but if the Chiefs are picking top 5 again, I think next year will have more "top end" elite players than this one did...I can count about 8 guys that I think may be stars.

I agree.

All I'm saying, really, is that we may have options available when the time comes.

Mecca
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
M. Oher or M. Evans from Penn State. DE is deep tho...

You're reaching down on that Evans one...

Oher is an easy one cause he's been talked about here..

But guys like Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Vontae Davis, Malcolm Jenkins and possibly Maualuga and Laurenaitis are going to get really high grades...and if Taylor Mays comes out I suspect the combine will shoot him into a top 10-15 guy.

PastorMikH
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
The problem is next year may be like this one where you go "that QB isn't worth that" next year if we pick top 5 again will have some true elite players sitting at the top of it.

What elite QB was there at #5 worthy of the pick this year?

Besides, Chase will be in the draft next year!:thumb:

Mecca
04-30-2008, 08:03 PM

Please tell me you're just joking around...

And I'm just saying people were saying that about Ryan this year and I fully expect those same convos next year.

Buehler445
04-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Where is the option... "I don't know, but I want to give him a chance."

QFT.

Fact is we don't know. Most of his haters will write him off as fragile, which is a very very valid concern. Also, he didn't win a game. But on the other hand the line was as worthless as tits on a boar and the team up and quit. Hardly a clear cut answer there.

His supporters will point to his arm and his relatively few INTs. On the other hand, he hasn't won a game, and there several throws that he showed a significant lack of touch.

We could (and have) argue about this for days, but nobody can make a truely informed decision without watching the kid play more. The fact that Hutard played any minutes at all last season is laughable. We could be a hell of a lot closer to evaluating Croyle if he had played (or gotten seriously injured) through the course of a whole season. But no, we had to ride Huard to the superbowl. So as of now, any discussion on this topic is futile until someone lets the kid play for significant time.

As for my opinion, he is a young QB. Young QBs will make mistakes. But I'm willing to give the kid some time. Last season somebody posed the question "is the fanbase willing to give Croyle the time to develop?" I am. I will hold off judgement until at least the end of 2008. Until then, he's my man.

evolve27
04-30-2008, 08:04 PM

It should be favorable, I see a defense happy top 25, as you mentioned....could fill our DE/LB/CB if we should have that void...

Mecca
04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
It should be favorable, I see a defense happy top 25, as you mentioned....could fill our DE/LB/CB if we should have that void...

I'm not sure what I think of the DE's right now the guys who fit what the cover 2 is are smallish guys who look like OLB's in a 3-4 guys like Selvie.

evolve27
04-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure what I think of the DE's right now the guys who fit what the cover 2 is are smallish guys who look like OLB's in a 3-4 guys like Selvie.

Is Maualuga worthy of top 5 pick next year? This guy has a massive frame but Laurinitis might go ahead of this 2-time All American I hear.

FAX
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I think he'll grow into the job this year, Mr. ILChief.

I expect him to be nervous as a midget nun at a penguin shoot for the first couple of games and throw 50 interceptions, then settle down. My question this year will be the same as last; will they let him play his game or play third down dumpball. If we have the personnel and they let him stretch the field, I think he'll do well.

FAX

Mecca
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Is Maualuga worthy of top 5 pick next year? This guy has a massive frame but Laurinitis might go ahead of this 2-time All American I hear.

If you're picking for the Chiefs you want Maualuga, SC runs a cover 2 style of defense so he essentially plays in the defense the Chiefs run.

I personally don't think Laurenaitis would excel with our team, the MLB is asked to run and make alot of cover plays and that isn't really his strength.

I think Rey is a great player and will be in the NFL but his position will downgrade him I'm sure, teams generally don't value LB's that high unless they are pass rushers.

alanm
04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I still question his durability to a huge degree. Even the best QB's behind the best lines get hit....even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning get knocked around at times but they get up..Rivers was playing with a serious injury and look what team he's on..

I question if even on a good team Croyle can take the hits and get up that all QB's take.
I'm really hoping they can beef him up to at least 220 lbs. 200 lbs QB's are just too light these days.
I still think he can be a very good QB.

MadMax
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
QFT.

Fact is we don't know. Most of his haters will write him off as fragile, which is a very very valid concern. Also, he didn't win a game. But on the other hand the line was as worthless as tits on a boar and the team up and quit. Hardly a clear cut answer there.

His supporters will point to his arm and his relatively few INTs. On the other hand, he hasn't won a game, and there several throws that he showed a significant lack of touch.

We could (and have) argue about this for days, but nobody can make a truely informed decision without watching the kid play more. The fact that Hutard played any minutes at all last season is laughable. We could be a hell of a lot closer to evaluating Croyle if he had played (or gotten seriously injured) through the course of a whole season. But no, we had to ride Huard to the superbowl. So as of now, any discussion on this topic is futile until someone lets the kid play for significant time.

As for my opinion, he is a young QB. Young QBs will make mistakes. But I'm willing to give the kid some time. Last season somebody posed the question "is the fanbase willing to give Croyle the time to develop?" I am. I will hold off judgement until at least the end of 2008. Until then, he's my man.

Very good evaluation IMHO! Management stunted his growth and delayed ( for no reason whatsoever ) our rebuilding process... I hate Carl :shake:

Sanka
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Brodie is the answer, YOU MUST BELIEVE, HE SHALL SUCCEED.

Hoover
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm a Croyle fan, I root for the kid. What I think the Chiefs need to do if kick Huard to the curb, but I guess his contract might make that difficult to do, I don't know.

I'd like to see the Chiefs go out and grab a younger QB that has some experience, but we would have to wait for someone to be cut like Chris Simms in Tampa Bay or JP Losman in Buffalo. I just want this team to have options and I don't like a 34 or what ever haurd is QB being one of those options. It doesn't tell us anything if he is called on to play. If he does stay with the team I hope he's the #3 QB behind Thigpen.

Rausch
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I think he'll fall somewhere between Deberg and Green.

More talent than green but less cerebral than a fern...

kcchiefsus
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM

The funny thing is that the only quarterback thought of as a top 5 pick last year (Brohm) fell to the 2nd round while 2 others went higher than anybody ever thought they would. It's funny how the draft works out sometimes.

Mr. Kotter
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes.

Reerun_KC
04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
QFT.

I knew it!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/supergay.gif

Reerun_KC
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Very good evaluation IMHO! Management stunted his growth and delayed ( for no reason whatsoever ) our rebuilding process... I hate Carl :shake:
Watching Hard Knocks wanted to make me puke...

Carl "We have to play Huard, he gives us the best chance to win now"

Heres to you Carl! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/buttkick.gif

Mecca
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Atleast they moved away from that approach.....

Reerun_KC
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Atleast they moved away from that approach.....
So far so good....

Now if they could move away from that predictable 1989 smashmouth offense, the Chiefs might have a chance...

TRR
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
One thing we know about Croyle is that he has all the tools, and can make any throw. I am just wondering if KC's O Line will be that much better, and if anyone not named Bowe or Gonzalez can help Croyle out?

wazu
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't know. Gut instinct........yes, yes he is.

RealSNR
04-30-2008, 10:47 PM
It doesn't really matter. If he's good this year, then perfect, we've got a QB. If he's not, then we draft someone next year. For now though, I said he is the answer, because he's the answer THIS YEAR.

kcxiv
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Probably not, but never know until your given a chance. This is his 3rd year. He either gets better, or we draft a QB next year. Its as simple as that.

Basileus777
04-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I hope he is, but I don't really believe he is the future. This is the year he has to show something or else we should move on.

Quesadilla Joe
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
What is Croyles biggest strength? Does he have a big arm, or does he throw like girly boy phillip rivers?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2008, 12:41 AM
From what I saw last year, I think Brodie has potential to be our answer at QB. But, he has got to have an OL that will give him time, WRs that don't drop passes in their hands, a running game, and an OC that can actually call plays.

You saw something that I didn't see. I saw him throw the ball way too hard, no touch and bad decision making. I don't think that Damon Huard should even be in the league yet he won 4 games. Croyle won ZERO. Plus, as usual, he was injured.

I think if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or even Joe Montana in his prime were given last year's OL, WRs, OC and running game, they'd have a hard time winning too.

Pure conjecture on your part. I clearly remember John Elway playing on some awful teams, yet he was able to single-handedly win games. Manning's first season in Indy was awful but he won 3 games.

I don't know why so many people are willing to give Croyle the benefit of the doubt because he certainly hasn't earned it.

CupidStunt
05-01-2008, 12:55 AM
The good thing about the way the Chiefs drafted is that we'll get the chance to find out if Croyle is the guy ... with a better supporting cast, too.

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2008, 01:50 AM
You saw something that I didn't see. I saw him throw the ball way too hard, no touch and bad decision making. I don't think that Damon Huard should even be in the league yet he won 4 games. Croyle won ZERO. Plus, as usual, he was injured.

Pure conjecture on your part. I clearly remember John Elway playing on some awful teams, yet he was able to single-handedly win games. Manning's first season in Indy was awful but he won 3 games.

I don't know why so many people are willing to give Croyle the benefit of the doubt because he certainly hasn't earned it.

There was two games in which Croyle could have had wins but not for the defense - Colts and Jets. He did lead drives late in those games that should have put the Chiefs to victories. But I am glad he didnt win those games - look at the prize we got.

Reerun_KC
05-01-2008, 06:10 AM

Your right, he never got the chance to earn it... We had to start Horrid and play the best chance to win now game.....

So by the time Croyle got his chance, the team had pretty much quit on Mr Gameday GamePlan. We had zero running game, an OL that resembled a screen door and a defense that didnt care..

Yeah he really had a chance to EARN it....

Wilson8
05-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Kind of an interesting story about Thigpen, Croyle, and Chiefs.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/story/433954.html

Thigpen feels good about Chiefs job

By Travis Sawchik - tsawchik@thesunnews.com

While Jerome Simpson was clearly the area's winner in the NFL Draft drama last weekend, in his second-round shadow former Coastal Carolina quarterback Tyler Thigpen is also in good spirits.

Thigpen, who was the first Chanticleer to be drafted last season, benefited by the Kansas City Chiefs avoiding a quarterback in the draft.

"The quarterback coach [Dick Curl] said he has two guys who he believes in [in Thigpen and Brodie Croyle]," Thigpen said via cell phone Tuesday.

Thigpen added that Curl has "taken heat" for persuading the Kansas City front office to concentrate on areas other than quarterback.
The Chiefs had three selections in the first 40 picks, selecting a defensive lineman (Glenn Dorsey - LSU), an offensive lineman (Branden Albert - Virginia) and a corner back (Brandon Flowers - Virginia Tech).

With the Chiefs not having signed a significant free agent quarterback or drafting one with one of their 12 draft selections, Thigpen looks to have an excellent chance to keep the No. 3 role as long as he can hold off former Georgia quarterback David Greene.

Greene was signed late last year as insurance after Thigpen injured his knee.

Most NFL teams carry three quarterbacks, and Thigpen spent much of last season as the No. 3 quarterback on the Chiefs' roster behind Damon Huard and Croyle.

Croyle is expected to start for Kansas City this season.

Thigpen joined the Chiefs last season after being released by the Minnesota Vikings. He played against San Diego in Week 13, completing 2 of 6 passes for 41 yards and an interception after injuries to Huard and Croyle.

Thigpen said he is in the best shape of his life as he prepares for the Chiefs' first full-team in June.

Wilson8
05-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Another QB story...

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/604280.html

Chris Leak to work out with Chiefs
LANGSTON WERTZ JR.
lwertz@charlotteobserver.com

Former Florida quarterback Chris Leak, who starred at Independence High, will begin a three-day rookie camp with Kansas City, his father said.

Curtis Leak said his son, who was married this year, also has interest from Buffalo. Curtis said if Kansas City didn't sign his 22-year-old son, Buffalo would invite him to a three-day camp.

Chris Leak led Florida to the 2007 national title win against Ohio State and was named the game's most valuable player, but was not selected in the 2007 NFL draft.

He signed as a free agent with Chicago but was cut before the season. Leak later signed to play in a new league, All-American Football, which was to begin play this spring.

In March, the league postponed its inaugural season until 2009, citing financial issues.

Wilson8
05-01-2008, 06:35 AM
So if Croyle and Thigpen are not the answers, we can blame Mr. Dick Curl. But looks like KC is still bringing people in to look at them at the QB position. I guess probably to have some more "arms" in camp to throw to the receivers.

FAX
05-01-2008, 06:42 AM
It seems like some people want to completely overlook the fact that Croyle was a stud in College - breaking passing records faster than his leg bones. All the time behind probably one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the NCAA.

I think we should be more worried about our damn o-line and finding some damn receivers who can catch the damn football.

FAX

Wilson8
05-01-2008, 06:51 AM
My concern is not with his arm or QB judgement, it is with his ability to holdup under the pounding he is probably going to take as we re-build the line.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2008, 07:35 AM
My concern is not with his arm or QB judgement, it is with his ability to holdup under the pounding he is probably going to take as we re-build the line.

I agree. Coupled with his health history....our line better "gel" quickly.

morphius
05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
I think he will benefit from an entire off season program as "the man". Trading snaps last year with the waste of space Huard did absolutely nothing to improve his game and actually just held him back.

My biggest fear is health, if the guy can't stay healthy we get to go through this all over again with a new QB very soon.

Lzen
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Your poll should have another option. I would have chosen I thought he might be good before last season. Now I am unsure. I am not ready to give up on him because no QB would have looked good behind our offensive line last year. I still have hope that he may turn out to be very good with some protection and a strong running game.

Coogs
05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
There was two games in which Croyle could have had wins but not for the defense - Colts and Jets. He did lead drives late in those games that should have put the Chiefs to victories. But I am glad he didnt win those games - look at the prize we got.

I agree totally. And throw in two more games as well. He nearly pulled out the Bears game early in the year. Ant the Titans game. He lead two beautiful drives to put us in front late in the 3rd quarter. And the defense promptly gave the lead away in about a 2 play 65 yard drive for the Titans. Now granted Croyle turned it over right away after that score, but the defense really blew what should have been a great momentum builder for this team.

That said, I am glad we lost them all and have Dorsey.

El Jefe
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
If you're picking for the Chiefs you want Maualuga, SC runs a cover 2 style of defense so he essentially plays in the defense the Chiefs run.

I personally don't think Laurenaitis would excel with our team, the MLB is asked to run and make alot of cover plays and that isn't really his strength.

I think Rey is a great player and will be in the NFL but his position will downgrade him I'm sure, teams generally don't value LB's that high unless they are pass rushers.

I beg to differ on that point, in 2007 he did only have 2 picks but in 2006 he had 5 Int's, and in both years combined he had 236 tackles, and 9 sacks. This guy can definetely drop in coverage and make plays all over the field from the MLB position.

blueballs
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
hit the roids Brodie

Pablo
05-01-2008, 11:43 AM
If anyone thinks we're drafting a QB next year if Brodie effs up to "fix" our franchise, then you're way off...

Tebow, Stafford, Boeckman, Longshore...

We'll be in "rebuilding" mode for 5 or 6 years with any of those guys at QB. That's if we take a QB with our top pick. 2010 Draft would be the earliest we could even fid a decent QB.

Maybe if Bradford came out for some reason I'd give him a shot..but he'll only be a Sophomore next year. That's a reeeeeeally unlikely situation.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
It seems like some people want to completely overlook the fact that Croyle was a stud in College - breaking passing records faster than his leg bones. All the time behind probably one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the NCAA.

I think we should be more worried about our damn o-line and finding some damn receivers who can catch the damn football.

FAX

I'm not "overlooking" it, but I don't think it matters.

Colt Brennan was a "stud" in college and I doubt he amounts to a hill of beans. Same can be said for hundreds of "stud" QB's over the years.

I truly hope that Croyle succeeds but it's certainly not a given.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2008, 12:08 PM
If anyone thinks we're drafting a QB next year if Brodie effs up to "fix" our franchise, then you're way off...

Tebow, Stafford, Boeckman, Longshore...

We'll be in "rebuilding" mode for 5 or 6 years with any of those guys at QB. That's if we take a QB with our top pick. 2010 Draft would be the earliest we could even fid a decent QB.

Maybe if Bradford came out for some reason I'd give him a shot..but he'll only be a Sophomore next year. That's a reeeeeeally unlikely situation.

If the rest of the team is ready to compete but the QB position isn't truly established, the Chiefs will be looking at a trade or free agency.

With the O-line, D-line, secondary, RB, WR, CB and LB positions addressed by the start of the 2009 season, the Chiefs aren't going to wait on a QB to make a deep playoff push.

No way.

BigMeatballDave
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
If he can stay healthy, I think he'll be fine. Durability is a huge question mark for him.

StcChief
05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
his job to lose.

Mecca
05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
I beg to differ on that point, in 2007 he did only have 2 picks but in 2006 he had 5 Int's, and in both years combined he had 236 tackles, and 9 sacks. This guy can definetely drop in coverage and make plays all over the field from the MLB position.

This is like the guy with Dan Connor, just because you get picks in college doesn't mean you are good at coverage. Stats don't really amount to anything it's about the skill to do it.

Those big 10 LB's for the most part don't fit into what we do.

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
0-9 record..........oh wait it is not his fault

KurtCobain
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I just met him, he still looks too skinny. Nice new haircut though.

penguinz
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a Croyle fan, I root for the kid. What I think the Chiefs need to do if kick Huard to the curb, but I guess his contract might make that difficult to do, I don't know.

The Chiefs are at the minimum they can spend. Dumping his contract would be no big deal.

Chief Faithful
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Croyle is the answer until he is not the answer. :cuss:

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2008, 05:21 PM
0-9 record..........oh wait it is not his fault

Croyle hasnt started 9 games.

Chris Meck
05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Nobody was gonna win anything in that situation last year. That was THE WORST offensive line I've ever seen at the NFL level. Seriously. I've never seen anything like the right side of our line's inability to even slow down a pass rush. Truly pathetic.

Brodie's got all the tools. Big arm, good feet, guts...gets rid of the ball quicker than Huard. Only concern is injuries, really. In every measurable way, he's a legitimate NFL QB prospect.

Can he take the beating? Well, that was a helluva beating he took last year. The injuries aren't little nicks and bumps that he won't play with. He's a tough kid. He's played behind crappy lines for like 6 years now.

I'm not worried about the ACL's, those were freak things that probably won't snap again (they're stronger once they're repaired). The shoulder thing from college...well, he got pummelled. It happens. Last year's bruised kidney...well, what are you gonna do about that? The hand thing...he could've and would've played with under different circumstances.

I'm just saying, I don't think it's fair to say that he's 'brittle'. None of these injuries were small things, and they all healed. I think he's taken a real beating all the way through college and now last year.

I think if we block for the kid, he'll be fine. Maybe better than fine.

MadMax
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Croyle hasnt started 9 games.

Don't let reality and facts cloud his hatred.. That team wouldn't have won more than 5 games with ANY QB at the helm.

MadMax
05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree totally. And throw in two more games as well. He nearly pulled out the Bears game early in the year. Ant the Titans game. He lead two beautiful drives to put us in front late in the 3rd quarter. And the defense promptly gave the lead away in about a 2 play 65 yard drive for the Titans. Now granted Croyle turned it over right away after that score, but the defense really blew what should have been a great momentum builder for this team.

That said, I am glad we lost them all and have Dorsey.

Anything that helped us land Dorsey is a very good thing IMO :)

MadMax
05-02-2008, 11:03 PM

I'd like to see the Chiefs go out and grab a younger QB that has some experience, but we would have to wait for someone to be cut like Chris Simms in Tampa Bay or JP Losman in Buffalo. I just want this team to have options and I don't like a 34 or what ever haurd is QB being one of those options. It doesn't tell us anything if he is called on to play. If he does stay with the team I hope he's the #3 QB behind Thigpen.

Definately, Huard is a waste of a roster spot.. ANY young QB with potential is an upgrade.

blueballs
05-03-2008, 02:28 PM
There is zero reason to keep HUTARD
he is no longer an unknown
his weakness is on tape for all the NFL to see

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

talastan
05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, Brodie!!! HOF QB and Super Bowl MVP for 2010!! :grovel: Please dear God!

Deberg_1990
05-03-2008, 05:38 PM
There is zero reason to keep HUTARD
he is no longer an unknown
his weakness is on tape for all the NFL to see

Once the Chiefs pick up Pennington, they will cut Huard. :)

whoman69
05-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Brodie will need to get in a system which will complement his skills and a team around him. He will also need to show better decision making in regards to the interceptions. I think if he can guide us to six wins it will be a remarkable season. I just have to wonder if Herm will allow Chan Gailey to put in a plan that will score some points. Field position football is just not going to cut it in the days when the rules benefit the offenses so much.