PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Incredible Hulk Trailer #2

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2008, 08:48 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/theincrediblehulk/

high def version

FAX
05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't know what to think about this. I really like Norton, but the first Hulk was really terrible and there's not much you can do in the form of character development with a giant, mean, green man who can't talk or emote or stuff.

Honestly, he's just the Jolly Green Giant on anadrol. Pass the peas or I'll crush your head.

FAX

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2008, 09:05 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/thinout.gif

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Personally, I'm going to see it. (comic book geek)

Deberg_1990
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I think it looks decent. At the very least it looks fun (unlike Ang Lee's Hulk)

Did anyone catch the last few notes of the music at the end of the trailer? It was part of the 70's Hulk TV show score. Reportedly, Norton wanted to borrow some of the vibe from that show. Technically this is a sequel to the Ang Lee's flick though.

beach tribe
05-01-2008, 10:13 AM
CGI looks a little iffy. Kind of like the monsters in I am Legend.(killed it for me)

It looks like a cartoon. I will still see this movie. I was a big Marvel freak when I was a kid.

ArrowheadHawk
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I can only get the first 30 seconds to play.

Easy 6
05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Looks much better than Ang Lee's coma-inducer...more action, more fights, more bad guys...more fun.

I'm really liking the casting choices from the last few SuperGuy movies...Christian Bale, Edward Norton, Robert Downey Jr...real actors that lend real gravitas to comic book fare.

Deberg_1990
05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Looks much better than Ang Lee's coma-inducer...more action, more fights, more bad guys...more fun.

I couldnt agree more. Lee's film was well made, but it just wasnt much fun.

Same thing that doomed "Superman Returns" for me. Too serious and mopey.

Comic Book films are supposed to be fun right??

chasedude
05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
These Comic Book Hero movies they're putting out are about 50/50 with me. Spider-man was a good start but the last movie really lost it for me. There was too much to keep track of, too many Villains and the storyline was really far-fetched. Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't completely hideous. Near the end of the movie with the action helped the movie along. Fantastic Four both movies done poorly. Dare Devil and Electra were horrible. I have great expectations about Ironman but I'm sure it'll crap out too.

This new Hulk movie I predict will tank like all the rest have.

chasedude
05-01-2008, 02:20 PM

They are supposed to be fun. These scripts they write for these movies contain way to much "sappy" scenes. I don't remember comics going into such detail with all the love going on.

The Franchise
05-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Ehhhh I'm more interested in The Dark Knight and Iron Man.

I'm still hoping for another X-Men movie.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
bumping it up for the high def version of the trailer

Easy 6
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Yeah, when the Lee flic focused on action...it looked great...Bana wasnt a bad choice either, but the material was so lifeless...not even whisky voiced Sam Elliott & Nick Nolte could get anything going.

Again with new Supes, i agree...just boring overall, he's just not interesting if he isnt tested to the max. Routh could prolly do better, with better material.

Unlike a lot of others, i thought Spidey 3 was great, the best of the 3...its what a comic book brought to life should look like.

I'm waiting for the new Batman & IronMan...these 2 just get it.

keg in kc
05-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Second trailer's better than the first, but the CGI still looks terrible.

Deberg_1990
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Second trailer's better than the first, but the CGI still looks terrible.

Theres really no other way to bring him to life.

Unless you want to bring Lou Ferrigno back??

TEX
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Looks much cooler than the first one. I'll probably go see it.

keg in kc
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Theres really no other way to bring him to life.I'm not saying CGI is bad, I'm just saying what I've seen so far looks bad. They still have time to polish everything.

It's the abomination, in particular, that I think looks bad. He reminds me of a solid-cast plastic toy from about 20 years ago.

keg in kc
05-23-2008, 09:52 PM
More hulk smashing today.

Fight between Hulk and Abomination (movie #3): http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808495230/video/7950136

And another one, pre abom:

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=569136&downloadURL=http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/876/876307/hulk_blonskybattleshulk_022308_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

Deberg_1990
05-23-2008, 09:58 PM
More hulk smashing today.

Fight between Hulk and Abomination (movie #3): http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808495230/video/7950136

To me, this looks like a fun movie and i love how they have taken some of the stuff from the 70's TV show (Fugitive on the run, loner) and incorporated it into this movie.

It looks a hell of alot more fun than the first flick from a few years ago.

keg in kc
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Another one on AICN I didn't see the first time through: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1588023&vid=235404

FAX
05-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting, Mr. keg in kc.

I've done a complete 180 on this movie. After the first one, I wasn't really interested even considering the fact the Norton was involved. But, it's looking better and better.

FAX

keg in kc
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Very long read on a partial screening by one of the AICN guys. He really liked what he saw: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36874

banyon
05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/images/hostfish.gifMr. Fish: I think that kid in the yellow striped shirt has been drinking his picnic punch out of too many lead cups. Look -- he decides to confront a rampaging beast by sternly telling him about a parade. I'm surprised he lived long enough to mix up HUMANS and PEOPLE right afterwards.

How did this guy get a job doing Hostess ads? He can't tell humans from people, and then he screws up which pie is apple and which cherry. And I don't get how the Hulk gets these ad jobs either. He killed four or five people in this comic alone, and all they did was enjoy picnics. Hey, Hostess people. I know the difference between lots of things, I only kill people for revenge, and my job is selling packets of powdered gravy. Let me do an anti-drug comic, or hell... I'd do a Family Circus. Who do I have to blow to get a job!? Look at these fish lips. It's going to be the most tremendous blowjob of your life.

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/images/hostsean.gifSeanbaby: That's pretty cold for the city of Oakdale to make the Organization for Picnic People hold their parade in the woods. Even the nazis and the KKK get a few streets blocked off for their we-hate-you marches. It must have been a parent group writing angry letters to the city events coordinator after their kids came back from the parade with rock-smashed messes where their faces used to be.

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/images/hostcage.gifLuke Cage: Only the Hulk is stupid enough to look for privacy sitting in the path of a GOD damn parade. Listen up, when you want privacy, sucka, you don't throw rocks at crowds of people. You get crabs. You get yourself crabs and people will even leave alone the places you WERE. Two days later, parade people will still be saying, "I'm not walking near on that patch of crabs ground, mother****ER!" So you want time to yourself, get a marker and write "I GOT ME SOME CRABS" on the ass of your pants. Then you can throw the marker away. You won't need it again since you never change them damn purple jeans, fool.

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/images/hostdoom.gifDr. Doom: Examine carefully the final panel of this imbecilic foolishness. That sport being played is the national sport of Doom's country, Latveria. It is known as "Throw the Ball Up in the Air Ball." Doom himself plays, but with the head of a koala bear instead of a ball. Of course, then the game is called "Advanced Koala Laughball."

Rausch
05-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting, Mr. keg in kc.

I've done a complete 180 on this movie. After the first one, I wasn't really interested even considering the fact the Norton was involved. But, it's looking better and better.

FAX

I can't stress how much Bana's lifeless performance took me out of the first movie, and I'm an uber-Hulk nerd. When you see what he did after Hulk you have to wonder if it was just a paycheck and he didn't care for it at all.

Marvel is now letting Hollywood cast the flicks and seeking out actors who WANT to play these roles.

Iron Man will clearly do 2 more and with an Avengers flick on the way we will likely see the first Comic movie crossover...:thumb:

keg in kc
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Iron Man will clearly do 2 more and with an Avengers flick on the way we will likely see the first Comic movie crossover...:thumb:I think they're doing something interesting, setting up a series of comic book films like they're...comic books. In terms of having characters cross between films and aiming towards a possible story arch that intertwines between a variety of charcters in their own series'.

They're 1 for 1, we'll see how they do on this one. Supposedly the Thor script is the best yet, and Captain America is purportedly going to be a WW2 period piece.

It might just wash the taste of X-Men 3 and both FF's out of our collective mouth.

FAX
05-27-2008, 05:21 AM
I just heard about the Thor movie last night. Possibly cool. Possibly a disaster.

I worry about who they might cast in the lead role. That's going to be tough.

FAX

Bowser
05-27-2008, 06:52 AM
So are they going to treat this movie as though Ang Lee's never happened, or is it a sort of continuation of that storyline?

Duck Dog
05-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Ed Norton and Tim Roth are two of the best actors of our day. Maybe ever.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2008, 07:26 AM
So are they going to treat this movie as though Ang Lee's never happened,

Pretty much. Its kind of like a "Do-over"

I heard they are going to set the backstory up in the opening credit sequence to get the audience caught up. But yea, Lee's Hulk pretty much never happened.

Bowser
05-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Pretty much. Its kind of like a "Do-over"

I heard they are going to set the backstory up in the opening credit sequence to get the audience caught up. But yea, Lee's Hulk pretty much never happened.

Heh, kinda like Superman 3 and 4, eh?

I did smile when Kitty told Lex in the Fortress that it seemed like he'd been there before.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Sweet. Looks like this thing actually turned out to be a good movie. Hell yea! Im ready for some Hulk Smash!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36974

Brock
06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
It's not really going to be any better than the other one.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Ummmm....every review in that link gave it a huge positive. I think it looks like alot of fun.

Brock
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Ummmm....every review in that link gave it a huge positive. I think it looks like alot of fun.

I don't care about reviews, especially from internet fanboys. The problem with Hulk movies is that they have the Hulk in them.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 08:06 PM
The problem with Hulk movies is that they have the Hulk in them.

Yes, because any good Hulk flick should play out like a cross between "Reds" and "War and Peace"

luv
06-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Didn't read the whole thread. Why did they make another one? Is it remotely related to the first one?

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Didn't read the whole thread. Why did they make another one? Is it remotely related to the first one?It's essentially a reboot, and they made it because Marvel Comics now controls the cinematic rights on their own properties. They're making a slew of comic movies, and they're apparently working towards tying them all together. Meaning, for instance, you may see some people from Iron Man showing up in the new Hulk, et cetera.

Brock
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes, because any good Hulk flick should play out like a cross between "Reds" and "War and Peace"

This appears to be a non sequitur.

Rausch
06-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Didn't read the whole thread. Why did they make another one? Is it remotely related to the first one?

Remotely. But from what I hear the Hulk doesn't get 15 ****ing feet tall or any insane BS like that. It's as close to trashing the first one and starting over as you can get without saying that's what you're doing...

Rausch
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
This appears to be a non sequitur.

Not really.

It appears that you don't think the movie will be good because you don't like the concept of/behind the Hulk.

It'd be like me saying that Sex In The City will suck because it's a flick about four shallow and narcissistic whores. That's what its about...

Brock
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Not really.

It appears that you don't think the movie will be good because you don't like the concept of/behind the Hulk.

It'd be like me saying that Sex In The City will suck because it's a flick about four shallow and narcissistic whores. That's what its about...

What you have just said is correct, but it's not at all an extrapolation of what he said.

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Remotely. But from what I hear the Hulk doesn't get 15 ****ing feet tall or any insane BS like that. It's as close to trashing the first one and starting over as you can get without saying that's what you're doing...I dunno, he's looked awfully close to 15 feet tall in the trailers. Lou Ferrigno this ain't.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2008, 08:33 PM
It's essentially a reboot, and they made it because Marvel Comics now controls the cinematic rights on their own properties. They're making a slew of comic movies, and they're apparently working towards tying them all together. Meaning, for instance, you may see some people from Iron Man showing up in the new Hulk, et cetera.

Check this out if you havent already. Pretty dang cool and pretty much what i would envision a Spider Man/Hulk/Iron Man team up to be:

http://marvelkids.marvel.com/hires/

There are 3 vidoes in the series.

Rausch
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I dunno, he's looked awfully close to 15 feet tall in the trailers. Lou Ferrigno this ain't.

He's supposed to be 8-9 feet tall in most the comics. I think the Grey hulk was 6 1/2 or 7 feet.

Found this as well about the game based on the moive. Some really cool character skins comix fanboys should like...

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/06032008news1.html

keg in kc
06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
In the videos I linked last week, he looks huge compared to Blonsky. I'm thinking 10 feet at least...

Deberg_1990
06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
A new TV spot. With a HUGE spoiler for the fans...(which alot of fans probably already knew anyways)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOq0BD_Eiig

RustShack
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Tank Tyler?

Rausch
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
A new TV spot. With a HUGE spoiler for the fans...(which alot of fans probably already knew anyways)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOq0BD_Eiig

Here's what I don't get: HTF are you going to get all the major stars in the (recent) marvel flics to sign on to one movie (Avengers)? The budget would have to be as big as Carl's ego.

Downey Jr. and Norton are big enough deep-down-geeks to play nice, but who else is slated down the road? You still have Cap, Thor (rumors Brad Pitt may even star,) and a possible Ant Man comedy.

Best case: Marvel has many hits or at least good numbers on all it's movies.

Worst case: Marvel has many hits or good numbers on most its movies and can't afford all the bigger names for the much hyped Avengers flick, thus, they go back to scrubs/C list actors...

Deberg_1990
06-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Here's what I don't get: HTF are you going to get all the major stars in the (recent) marvel flics to sign on to one movie (Avengers)? The budget would have to be as big as Carl's ego.

Downey Jr. and Norton are big enough deep-down-geeks to play nice, but who else is slated down the road? You still have Cap, Thor (rumors Brad Pitt may even star,) and a possible Ant Man comedy.

Best case: Marvel has many hits or at least good numbers on all it's movies.

Worst case: Marvel has many hits or good numbers on most its movies and can't afford all the bigger names for the much hyped Avengers flick, thus, they go back to scrubs/C list actors...

Another interesting thing is you have Rival studios Paramount and Universal with distrobution rights.

Rausch
06-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Another interesting thing is you have Rival studios Paramount and Universal with distrobution rights.

Yeah, and this isn't Freddie VS. Jason with a bunch of washed up B actors. You're talking a huge, massive project, blockbuster type flick. Everybody's gonna' want you to sho' them the money.

It would be like making an A Team movie with Ahnold, Sly, Marcellus Wallace, and Johnny Depp...

keg in kc
06-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, and this isn't Freddie VS. Jason with a bunch of washed up B actors. You're talking a huge, massive project, blockbuster type flick. Everybody's gonna' want you to sho' them the money.Something tells me that's already dealt with in some way in their contracts.

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_incredible_hulk/?name_order=asc#mo

the reviews thus far