PDA

View Full Version : Misc Trying to lose weight? Woot.com cares

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2008, 11:04 PM
www.woot.com

I bought one of these back in January when woot put them on sale for the same price. It's helped me a ton, and is a bargain. They go for well north of $100 retail last I saw. This should be sold out before noon time tomorrow.

SLAG
05-01-2008, 11:33 PM
ok, I did it

I bought one

I want to loose weight, we have kinda 1/2 ass started it, but baby #3 is due ANY DAY NOW!! and then the Mrs and I are going to do it together, we hope to really do good

so I trusted your suggestion and bought one

Tell me, will it help me loose 70lbs in 4 months?

morphius
05-01-2008, 11:43 PM
ok, I did it

I bought one

I want to loose weight, we have kinda 1/2 ass started it, but baby #3 is due ANY DAY NOW!! and then the Mrs and I are going to do it together, we hope to really do good

Thats a lot of weight pretty quick, if you can lose more than 3 pounds a week you are doing awesome, but also close to losing too much weight too quickly.

Having a baby makes it harder, less sleep and being more tired doesn't help matters at all.

Demonpenz
05-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I bought 3 pairs of those nice headphones they had everglide i am addicted to woot. I bougth 3 of these ****ers and they are huge but sound good

ClevelandBronco
05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
...baby #3 is due ANY DAY NOW!!

You folks are playing Vatican roulette?

and then the Mrs and I are going to do it together, we hope to really do good

I'll just let that pass without direct comment.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
ok, I did it

I bought one

If you weigh 430 lbs, are dedicated to an hour a day at the gym, and eat mostly rabbit food, absolutely. :D

ClevelandBronco
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
I once lost 70 pounds betting on association football.

Thank you, ladies and germs.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Thats a lot of weight pretty quick, if you can lose more than 3 pounds a week you are doing awesome, but also close to losing too much weight too quickly.

Having a baby makes it harder, less sleep and being more tired doesn't help matters at all.

I'm shocked it's come off as fast as it has. It's slowed down, but my Dr. and nutritionist are comfortable with it, they're down right loving it. Me too. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2008, 11:54 PM
I once lost 70 pounds betting on association football.

Thank you, ladies and germs.

SLAG
05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
If you weigh 430 lbs, are dedicated to an hour a day at the gym, and eat mostly rabbit food, absolutely. :D

Im guessing im around 315, We dont have money for a gym membership but we are dedicated to increasing walking and possibly bike riding

We want to change our diet but we simply just dont know what to buy at the store that will help us loose weight and maintain it

SLAG
05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
You folks are playing Vatican roulette?

I'll just let that pass without direct comment.

Actually we are quivering at this moment in time, we probably will look into and possibly THINK about NFP but we are not real excited about it

:)

morphius
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm shocked it's come off as fast as it has. It's slowed down, but my Dr. and nutritionist are comfortable with it, they're down right loving it. Me too. :D
Yeah, it depends on where you are starting of course, the heavier you are the quicker you can lose, that is true.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Im guessing im around 315, We dont have money for a gym membership but we are dedicated to increasing walking and possibly bike riding

Find one. Muscle burns calories just sitting there.

Walk and try to jog in between walking. If you're not doing cardio for at least 45 minutes don't bother. I do an hour.

We want to change our diet but we simply just dont know what to buy at the store that will help us loose weight and maintain itStop drinking soda and stop eating fast food. That alone will make an enormous difference.

Oh, and start doing crunches, fatty. I do 150 in the morning and 150 at night. I started at 50 a month ago. It takes me 10 minutes and is so worth it.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2008, 11:58 PM

We want to change our diet but we simply just dont know what to buy at the store that will help us loose weight and maintain it

You'll be just fine. Get out for an hour a day and make sure you sweat. That's the best anyone can tell you. Get after it, and sweat. If you do that, and watch what you eat, you're gonna lose weight. Just remember, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% excercise. It's important, but what you eat is most important. I'm looking forward to hearing about your success.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, it depends on where you are starting of course, the heavier you are the quicker you can lose, that is true.

I really don't want to lose it too quick. That may sound nuts, but being as mammoth as I was the last thing I want to deal with is excess skin. That's fookin brutal. I started weight lifting.........pray for me. Please.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Find one. Muscle burns calories just sitting there.

Walk and try to jog in between walking. If you're not doing cardio for at least 45 minutes don't bother. I do an hour.

Stop drinking soda and stop eating fast food. That alone will make an enormous difference.

Oh, and start doing crunches, fatty. I do 150 in the morning and 150 at night. I started at 50 a month ago. It takes me 10 minutes and is so worth it.

Word. I'm glad to hear that you're still at it bro. You may not be weighing yourself but I'll bet you're noticing some difference in your clothes. They're getting big huh?

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Word. I'm glad to hear that you're still at it bro. You may not be weighing yourself but I'll bet you're noticing some difference in your clothes. They're getting big huh?

Dude, my shorts kept falling down when I was running the other day.

Me and my ****ing diminishing buttocks. ****!

Also, two sodas the entire time since I started. Month and a half I think.

SLAG
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks Goatse and Mr Flopnuts, I really have to do something, I dont want to end up with Diabeties or a Heart Attack by the time im 25, (since i turn 24 in june)

I have already cut WAY back on pop, now i drink a soda maybe once a week, I have switched to Lite Beer, and have stopped ordering "Double Meat" on everything I order,

I don't eat all the Generals Chicken I save some for later.

its building up to something greater, i just dont know what yet ,

I will keep yall posted

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Dude, my shorts kept falling down when I was running the other day.

Me and my ****ing diminishing buttocks. ****!

Also, two sodas the entire time since I started. Month and a half I think.

That's ****ing awesome. I've retired my fattest clothes. A pullover, some jeans and shorts and shit.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks Goatse and Mr Flopnuts, I really have to do something, I dont want to end up with Diabeties or a Heart Attack by the time im 25, (since i turn 24 in june)

I have already cut WAY back on pop, now i drink a soda maybe once a week, I have switched to Lite Beer, and have stopped ordering "Double Meat" on everything I order,

I don't eat all the Generals Chicken I save some for later.

its building up to something greater, i just dont know what yet ,

I will keep yall posted

Do it. Give me a day or so, I'll gather up some nutritional information my nutritionist gave me. Sample diets, delicious vegetable recipes, etc. I'll scan them and get them sent to you. If you're ready, it'll be fun. Seriously.

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Guys:

Check out this guy. He doesn't advocate dieting. He advocates eating what you want, but in a different way.

http://www.mckenna.com/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
He's also here:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/make-you-thin/make-you-thin.html

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Guys:

Check out this guy. He doesn't advocate dieting. He advocates eating what you want, but in a different way.

http://www.mckenna.com/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I've seen him on TV. He makes sense. A little eccentric at times IMO.

Taco John
05-02-2008, 12:13 AM
The best weight loss tool I have ever used:

http://www.bioweblogic.com/

Not everyone has a hand held computer... But if you do, and you're serious about losing weight, this is the best thing going, worth every cent.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM

Not everyone has a hand held computer... But if you do, and you're serious about losing weight, this is the best thing going, worth every cent.

I'm gonna have to see if they have anything like that for Blackberry. Those are temptation killers dude. You're craving a Whopper, you check it on that program, find out it has 1000 calories and 3 days worth of fat and order 2 grilled chicken snack wraps no sauce no cheese. LMAO

SLAG
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM

Dude

I totally got rid of my Treo just the Day before yesterday

I did a even trade with someone for a Sprint Mogul / PPC-6800/HTC TITAN

Is there something like that for WM?

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna have to see if they have anything like that for Blackberry. Those are temptation killers dude. You're craving a Whopper, you check it on that program, find out it has 1000 calories and 3 days worth of fat and order 2 grilled chicken snack wraps no sauce no cheese. LMAO

Just ****in' stop going to fast food places altogether. They are evil.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:21 AM

I don't eat burgers. Or fried fast food for that matter. I like food and all, but pizza is far more evil for me than fast food. If I go to a fast food restaurant, I'm eating something low fat and less than 500 calories. I'm anal about it. Unless it's pizza...........

SLAG
05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
So was this a good purchase?, will it help me loose the weight and how?

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't eat burgers. Or fried fast food for that matter. I like food and all, but pizza is far more evil for me than fast food. If I go to a fast food restaurant, I'm eating something low fat and less than 500 calories. I'm anal about it. Unless it's pizza...........

This is my one vice - once a week:

http://www.extremepizza.com/menu/extreme.htm

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:26 AM

I do believe in caloric cycling to some degree. It's worked for me personally. Here's a decent explanation.

http://www.passionforhealth.org/reset-your-metabolism/

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:28 AM
This is my one vice - once a week:

http://www.extremepizza.com/menu/extreme.htm

LMAO Yep. Here's mine. LOL Once a week.

http://roundtablepizza.com/RTP/HI/

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2008, 12:30 AM
I've seen him on TV. He makes sense. A little eccentric at times IMO.

When he advocates that people should tap their faces and chests, and squeeze different fingers together to change behavior, I wonder about the guy as well.

Still, I think that some of what he teaches early is valuable.

1. Eat when you're hungry.

2. Eat what you want.

3. Eat consciously.

4. Stop when you're full (I prefer "satisfied" to "full," but that's just a preference in wording.)

Number 3 is the most important in my mind. Stop shoveling it all in just because it's there. Eat slowly and enjoy your food. Don't be distracted when you're eating.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:31 AM
When he advocates that people should tap their faces and chests, and squeeze different fingers together to change behavior, I wonder about the guy as well.

Still, I think that some of what he teaches early is valuable.

1. Eat when you're hungry.

2. Eat what you want.

3. Eat consciously.

4. Stop when you're full (I prefer "satisfied" to "full," but that's just a preference in wording.)

Number 3 is the most important in my mind. Stop shoveling it all in just because it's there. Eat slowly and enjoy your food. Don't be distracted when you're eating.

That's my favorite part as well. Even the part about putting down the fork. It's a little different, but it makes a ton of sense.

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
That's my favorite part as well. Even the part about putting down the fork. It's a little different, but it makes a ton of sense.

It really does.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
So was this a good purchase?, will it help me loose the weight and how?

Yeah it will. It'll help you lose weight by telling you when you need to raise your intensity and get your heart rate up. I keep mine at no less than 140 and in the 160-170 range as much as possible. It will also track how many calories you burn while working out, and it has a calorie counter on it. You'll be happy.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:34 AM
It really does.

I've watched people eat since seeing him and have noticed that they, for the most part, are thinking about their next bite before they finish their current bite. It speaks volumes (pun intended) about the state of our weight.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I tell you what else is nice. Having guns. I might post 'em in a few weeks. I bet I could punch a hole in the wall right now if I wanted to.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I tell you what else is nice. Having guns. I might post 'em in a few weeks. I bet I could punch a hole in the wall right now if I wanted to.

Do it dude. Everyone has seen the fat you. Make sure you post the not fat you when you're ready.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Do it dude. Everyone has seen the fat you. Make sure you post the not fat you when you're ready.

Are you kidding me? There will be a parade. I might do the old Rachel Phelps striptease, you know, major league style? Remove a section of clothing each time the Chiefs win a game.

http://homerderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/major-league-lou-brown.JPG

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Are you kidding me? There will be a parade. I might do the old Rachel Phelps striptease, you know, major league style? Remove a section of clothing each time the Chiefs win a game.

http://homerderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/major-league-lou-brown.JPG

LMAO Yes, yes. You're an attention whore. Me too. :D