PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Will Be The First To Win A Playoff Game?

Chiefnj2
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Which one of these 2007 bottom 5 teams will win a playoff game first?

CosmicPal
05-02-2008, 12:36 PM
The Raiders will never win another playoff game again. Before Al Davis passes away, he'll move the team once more. He'll stay in California, but he will buy up the land that was once home to Spahn Ranch and have his team play there.

The Falcons will win one sometime in the next 20 years when Michael Vick becomes general manager of the team and recruits a bunch of thugs for his team.

The Dolphins will come close a few times, but Parcells, after being discouraged by his team's performances, leaves football forever in disgust.

The Rams will win a playoff game sometime in the next five years, but nobody in St. Louis will know.

The Kansas City Chiefs will win their first playoff game in two years and run an amazing string of consecutive wins many years in a row thus bringing the joy back to Chiefsville.

StcChief
05-02-2008, 12:37 PM
lambs no wayAl Davis no way:kc: way I guess I'm just a blind :homer: at heart.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd go with an NFC team just because their conference is so shitiful.

keg in kc
05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
The beauty of the NFL is that it wouldn't be a big surprise if any of those teams won a playoff game in 2009 or 2010.

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I will say Miami... We wont win a playoff game until we clean house, including Herm...

Pablo
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Probably St. Louis, closely followed by the Chiefs.

I mean, St. Louis plays in the NFC West... that's all you need to know.

Chiefs_5627
05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Rams, as long as theyre healthy.

crazycoffey
05-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm a homer, I know. I still have what, ReeRun, - two years on our bet? That Herm gets us to the AFC title game....

Rausch
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Rams, as long as theyre healthy.

I'd say Lambs as well...

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm a homer, I know. I still have what, ReeRun, - two years on our bet? That Herm gets us to the AFC title game....
Two years...

I like my chances on this one... Herm will not fail me on this one...:D

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I'd say Lambs as well...
You guys might be right on this one, I should probably of changed my vote to STL...

Rausch
05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
You guys might be right on this one, I should probably of changed my vote to STL...

I think we've got a much tougher division. There's never more than 2 respectable teams in the Lambs division at one time.

Coogs
05-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Herm has taken teams to the playoffs in 4 of his 7 years as a HC. It will happen here sooner than people think. Maybe even this season when you look at the schedule.

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I think we've got a much tougher division. There's never more than 2 respectable teams in the Lambs division at one time.
I do feel however that the Big Tuna will get the Fins turned around and in the playoffs before we do...

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Herm has taken teams to the playoffs in 4 of his 7 years as a HC. It will happen here sooner than people think. Maybe even this season when you look at the schedule.
:eek:

So should we be preparing for Herms introduction into the HOF sometime in the very near future?

StcChief
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I don't count a WC win.... if so then I painfully say 'the lambs'.

Rausch
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM

So should we be preparing for Herms introduction into the HOF sometime in the very near future?

If he were to win a playoff game in KC he'd be a lock for the HOF...

Coogs
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM

No. But he does get teams to the playoffs on a pretty regular basis. And he has won a few games when in the playoffs. I Just have a feeling this is going to get turned around quicker than most people think.

eazyb81
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Easily the Rams, the NFC is awful.

It's hilarious that St. Louis gets the benefit of playing in crap leagues in football and baseball.

InChiefsHeaven
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I do feel however that the Big Tuna will get the Fins turned around and in the playoffs before we do...

Oh, is he the coach down there now??

The Franchise
05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Rams. Their offensive line will be healthy and their defense will be improved from a year ago. I still say it takes them another year to get there though.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Rams season lies on Orlando Pace. If he is healthy, the Rams will be a pretty good team. If not, they will be horrible.

crazycoffey
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM

No, but you better save your money for that bottle of scotch and a stoogie....

:p

Spott
05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Is there an option for every team except KC?

FD
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
I vote St Louis for the shitty division and I think they're better than their record last year, too many injuries hit them is all.

R&GHomer
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM

I really don't have a solid reason for thinking this. Just my gut I guess, but I think we really improved this team from last year and with "like you said" this schedule it really wouldn't surprise me. It would be another one and out to be sure, but the spring of hope would be over flowing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. LOL we could just as easily and most likely will; suck ass.

The Chiefs get my vote.... and yes I'm a complete Homer. That and I hate the Rams

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I hate the Rams, but they are the logical choice. They have 3 things going for them the Chiefs don't have. Yet.

Talent.

A shitty division.

A shitty conference.

Hoover
05-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I think Rams, but I think the Chiefs will be there in 2 years.

The biggest void on this team is QB and we might already have the guy on the team, he just needed help

milkman
05-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I really don't have a solid reason for thinking this. Just my gut I guess, but I think we really improved this team from last year and with "like you said" this schedule it really wouldn't surprise me. It would be another one and out to be sure, but the spring of hope would be over flowing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. LOL we could just as easily and most likely will; suck ass.

The Chiefs get my vote.... and yes I'm a complete Homer. That and I hate the Rams

I suppose that depends how you define "suck ass".

When the Chiefs went to the playoffs in '03, and in '06, I thought they still sucked ass.

Yeah...Yeah...Yeah.....We scored a lot of points in '03, but our defense couldn't stop my grandma and her cronies.

This year, I don't expect to win a lot of games, but I expect to see a young team going through growing pains and starting to show signs of improvement in the latter stages of the season.

That. IMO, doesn't suck ass.

el borracho
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
In order, beginning with the most likely to win a playoff game first and ending with the least:
Rams
Dolphins
Raidurrs
Chiefs
Falcons

blueballs
05-03-2008, 04:05 PM
if you go by the current HC
only Herm has
I think Herm is the only one to play in one

talastan
05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
St Louis by far will win before any one else. Who is the toughest team they have to play in their division? Seattle. They're getting old real fast. I think the lambs will have a win in the next couple of years, closely followed by our boys in Red and Gold. Hopefully......

milkman
05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
In order, beginning with the most likely to win a playoff game first and ending with the least:
Rams
Dolphins
Raidurrs
Chiefs
Falcons

Raiders before the Chiefs?

Are you high?

talastan
05-03-2008, 04:47 PM

Are you high?

He might be thinking about the DMC and Jammy Russell combo, but without an offensive line I think these guys are going to be in the same situation as we were, and might still be, last year. Only difference is despite CeePee shortcomings he'll never be Uncle Al Al Davis!!

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I would not have voted Chiefs if it weren't for that draft.

alanm
05-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Yep.

Logical
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I would not be suprised to see the Raiders win a WC game this season.

alanm
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
St Louis by far will win before any one else. Who is the toughest team they have to play in their division? Seattle. They're getting old real fast. I think the lambs will have a win in the next couple of years, closely followed by our boys in Red and Gold. Hopefully......
I think Frisco will go to the playoffs in that division before St Louey does.

Logical
05-03-2008, 05:23 PM
My view
Raiders
Rams
Dolphins
Chiefs
Falcons

milkman
05-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I would not be suprised to see the Raiders win a WC game this season.

I would not be surprised to find out that your doctor is over prescribing your medication.

el borracho
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Are you high?

Their D coordinator > ours
Their QB > ours
We just traded away our best player
We have Herm (a career loser, game day disaster)

I can easily imagine them winning a playoff game this year or next while I can't imagine the Chiefs even making the playoffs this year.

redbrian
05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I'd say Lambs as well...

Nope won't happen, the rams are in a shambel of a mess, the old broad died and now its a bigger mess than what martz left........

milkman
05-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Their D coordinator > ours
Their QB > ours
We just traded away our best player
We have Herm (a career loser, game day disaster)

I can easily imagine them winning a playoff game this year or next while I can't imagine the Chiefs even making the playoffs this year.

I'm not sold on Russell, but even without that, their O-Line sucks, and they signed some pretty crappy ass free agents that I believe actually makes their team worse.

el borracho
05-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, I'm not sold on Russel, either, but I do think Russel is a more legit prospect than Croyle and, despite adding the best college guard last week our Oline is questionable, at best.

veist
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM
How exactly can you think the Raiders are "close" to winning a playoff game? Both of their lines are questionable at best, I'd be really surprised if they manage to have a rush ypg allowed that finished above 25th in the league next year. Unless you think Tommy Kelly coming off knee surgery is somehow going to be better than the unimpressive player he was at DT without a bum knee. Seriously their D-line is basically a bunch of scrubs and Derrick Burgess.

Ugly Duck
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Russel is a more legit prospect than Croyle

Whoa! El borracho breaks with the pack & speculates that the #1 Overall Pick Jamarcus Russell might possibly have more upside than 9th round pick Brobie Coyle. Who sez there's a buncha homers on this board?

whoman69
05-03-2008, 10:11 PM

There lies, damn lies and statistics.
- Yogi Berra

While what you say is true, it is not a true measure of his coaching career. Edwards inherited a veteran team built by Bill Parcells and made it into the playoffs in his first year with a 3rd place finish in the AFC East. He also made the playoffs in the next year with a 9-7 division champion. He left them with a 5-15 record in his last season and a quarter. He inherited a team that was 10-6 the year before in KC and backed into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Herm's two playoff wins were both against lower seeds. He is 2-5 on opening day, ran Curtis Martin and Larry Johnson into the ground with his conservative play. The one playoff appearance in KC was an offensive embarrassment in which at one point in the third quarter the Colts offense had more first downs than KC had total yards.
Herm has done great things with the defense and we had a great draft. I don't believe he is the answer to our playoff/super bowl drought and never will. It's hard to watch his teams play, just that ugly. What else can you expect from a coach that thinks that if his team scores 30 points they should be in the arena league?

Ugly Duck
05-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Are you high?

Apparently lots of people are.... lookit this NFL.com poll entitled "Which team will win the AFC West?"

47% Chargers
29% Raiders
13% Broncos
11% Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8080d763&template=with-video&confirm=true

alanm
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, I'm not sold on Russel, either, but I do think Russel is a more legit prospect than Croyle and, despite adding the best college guard last week our Oline is questionable, at best.
Just my opinion mind you, but I can't help but see bust all over Russell.
Just saying.:shrug:

J Diddy
05-04-2008, 12:19 AM
I had to throw on my rosy colored homer glasses, but i have to believe it will be the chiefs

J Diddy
05-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Apparently lots of people are.... lookit this NFL.com poll entitled "Which team will win the AFC West?"

47% Chargers
29% Raiders
13% Broncos
11% Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8080d763&template=with-video&confirm=true

so more people think that the raiders are the second best team?

how many people thought the giants would be defending champs?

KcMizzou
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Just my opinion mind you, but I can't help but see bust all over Russell.
Just saying.:shrug:Ah, the Raiders will coach him up. You know Crazy Al never picks a bust.