PDA

View Full Version : Football Marvin Harrison in a shootout..

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Breaking news-

Guess the guy got into a fight with someone at a sports bar. Followed the guy from the bar and a gun fight broke out. Harrison has a custom made Belgium gun that shoots .50 caliber bullets... WHAT THE F()CK!

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok link?

This is bogus without a credible link....

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
It was just on ESPN - they broke into Outside the Lines. Find one when I can

Hootie
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
so much for him being mr. class act role model...

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Harrison has a custom made Belgium gun that shoots .50 caliber bullets.

Are we sure he wasn't hunting a lion?

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
guess it was in Philly, and he owns the bar. Happened Tuesday evening about 5pm. Bar is called Playmakers. The patron had been a problem at the bar times before.

Sure-Oz
05-02-2008, 02:04 PM
harrison has 25 guns, good lord

Rausch
Sounds like a business owner defending his establishment to me...

Anyong Bluth
p.s. Sorry I don't have the link b/c if its not on the internet yet, its not real.

Police went to see him the next day at the carwash he owns and he talked about the gun and said the gun had never left his house- police found the gun hidden in a bucket on the carwash premises. They did a balistics test and it was fired 7 times. Harrison has the gone registered, and has 25 guns registered. Word is his cousin may have come forward and given the police info.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
There goes the Colts' season.

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a business owner defending his establishment to me...

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic. But Harrison and he got into a fist fight in the parking lot of the bar and from what it sounds like, Marvin then pursued the guy after the fight and that's when the shooting went down. The guy got grazed on the hand by one of the bullets...

Sure-Oz
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Person was shot in the hand supposedly....no witnesses so far that he had shot someone, but gun is his

Sure-Oz
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM

ROFL

His other knee wouldve blown out anyway

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry Cocina,

WOW, This is not good for the Colts fans...

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
p.s. Sorry I don't have the link b/c if its not on the internet yet, its not real.

Police went to see him the next day at the carwash he owns and he talked about the gun and said the gun had never left his house- police found the gun hidden in a bucket on the carwash premises. They did a balistics test and it was fired 7 times.

Uh oh :doh!::shake:

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
So... this is a .50 caliber bullet. It's a custom made handgun. Who the hell needs this-
https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/FSA/images/compare.jpg
The bullet on the left in this picture is a .223 round from an AR-15 assault rifle. The bullet in the middle is a .30-06 hunting round. And yet the .50 caliber, the sniper rifle bullet on the right, towers over both of them.

PatsWin2002
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Also here:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/05/02/marvin-harrison-accused-in-shooting/

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
So... this is a .50 caliber bullet. It's a custom made handgun. Who the hell needs this-
https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/FSA/images/compare.jpg
The bullet on the left in this picture is a .223 round from an AR-15 assault rifle. The bullet in the middle is a .30-06 hunting round. And yet the .50 caliber, the sniper rifle bullet on the right, towers over both of them.

Like I said, he could have been hunting a lion.

Sure-Oz
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
apparently someone got shot in the shoulder as well, damn

Reerun_KC
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
harrison is going down!

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Harrison is washed up anyway. And he's never made an impact in a playoff game in his career.

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
apparently someone got shot in the shoulder as well, damn

If that happened, that shoulder is either ground meat or you'll find it over in Quaker country in Penn.

I thought they said that a bullet hit some glass and the glass hit someone in the shoulder. No new details at this point.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Harrison's best defense is to produce a Lion's corpse and locate an American urban safari company.

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Geez, Marvin. Was the A-10 Warthog in the shop or something?

kcxiv
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Harrison is washed up anyway. And he's never made an impact in a playoff game in his career.

Gotta get to the play offs first and he will help a team get there.

beach tribe
05-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Like I said, he could have been hunting a lion.
actually it looks more like this, but it is huge.

This is a desert eagle .50 rnd.

Kylo Ren
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
harrison has 25 guns, good lord Why is this a problem?

Hoover
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Why is this a problem?
No crap. I have almost 50.

beach tribe
05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Why is this a problem?

It's not, unless you are chasing people, and shooting at them.

I have 11 guns.

vailpass
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Legally registered firearm used in the defense of his place of business.
What exactly is the problem?

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
You people are nuts with all your guns. I have one flame thrower, and it handles all of my needs just fine.

beach tribe
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM

You don't follow people outside, shoot at them, and then lie to the police about it, in the defense of your business.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:35 PM
You people are nuts with all your guns. I have one flame thrower, and it handles all of my needs just fine.

Range, Rain Man. Think range. You're going to be up shit creek without a paddle when Marvin Harrison takes aim at you from 300 yards away with his high-powered sniper rifle. What are you going to do then? Try to melt incoming fire?

keg in kc
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Not a headline I ever expected to see.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 02:39 PM

You are stuck in the 70s. Time to upgrade.

MOhillbilly
05-02-2008, 02:41 PM
No crap. I have almost 50.

i have one gun i keep in the house, ive had it more than ten years and consider myself substantially proficient in its use.

beach tribe

ALL PRAISE BE TO ALA!!!!!!

YO! I'm just kidding. Do NOT blow up my house.

MOhillbilly
arent those from the 60s?

Hammock Parties
Marvin Harrison has one of those. He uses it to chase away raccoons and other backyard vermin.

beach tribe
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
i have one gun i keep in the house, ive had it more than ten years and consider myself substantially proficient in its use.

Is that Michael Vick in your av?

I lived in Pensacola for 5 yrs, and that seriously looks like Roy Jones's driver.

Easy 6
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Whoever the guy is, he's DAMN lucky it only grazed his hand...one in the head or torso from a .50 would be guaranteed death.

beach tribe
05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Whoever the guy is, he's DAMN lucky it only grazed his hand...one in the head or torso from a .50 would be guaranteed death.

It would blow your leg off.

MOhillbilly
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Is that Michael Vick in your av?

I lived in Pensacola for 5 yrs, and that seriously looks like Roy Jones's driver.

The late Ralph Rreenwood who bought the ADBA in the sixties and his great pitdog Strider.
My main hobby is gamefowl and pitbull dog history.
No i dont fight animals.

Easy 6
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
It would blow your leg off.

That to.

StcChief
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
So releasing him...is looking better all the time. Fleafugger League good luck.

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how Goodell responds to this. Its easy to suspend a guy like Pacman, but its a little different when the criminal plays for the Colts.

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Never trust a man sporting a 'stache....

Rain Man
Range, Rain Man. Think range. You're going to be up shit creek without a paddle when Marvin Harrison takes aim at you from 300 yards away with his high-powered sniper rifle. What are you going to do then? Try to melt incoming fire?

It's only for defense inside my house.

beach tribe
The late Ralph Rreenwood who bought the ADBA in the sixties and his great pitdog Strider.
My main hobby is gamefowl and pitbull dog history.
No i dont fight animals.

Cool dude.

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 02:49 PM

If you're breaking into a guy's garage to steal his bike, and the homeowner comes in, would you rather see him carrying a gun or a flame thrower?

A flame thrower sends a message that no gun can.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
If you're breaking into a guy's garage to steal his bike, and the homeowner comes in, would you rather see him carrying a gun or a flame thrower?

A flame thrower sends a message that no gun can.

You're going to be up shit creek without a paddle when some cat burglar dressed in an asbestos suit breaks in.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
What exactly is the problem?You don't consider lying to the police about shooting at someone 7 times to be a problem?

Deberg_1990
05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how Goodell responds to this. Its easy to suspend a guy like Pacman, but its a little different when the criminal plays for the Colts.

Its not about the team. Its about the individual character.

Harrison's punishment wouldnt be as severe as a guy like Pacmans because he doesnt have the prior record of Pacman.

Radar Chief
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm gonna give you a little touch up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1X55FMipA

;)

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
In defense of flamethrowers, I have to say this would be a pretty cool thing to have on your boat, though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/US_riverboat_using_napalm_in_Vietnam.jpg

Someone shooting at you while you fish? Just set their boat on fire.

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
You're going to be up shit creek without a paddle when some cat burglar dressed in an asbestos suit breaks in.

That's precisely why I have the halberd.

Mecca
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Harrison isn't exactly the great guy he pretends to be, remember when that kid said Harrison choked him at the pro bowl?

I'm sure Owens is still considered more thuggy though even though all he does is run his mouth.

vailpass
05-02-2008, 03:06 PM
You don't follow people outside, shoot at them, and then lie to the police about it, in the defense of your business.

How are you supposed to shoot them if you do't follow them outside? You don't want to be shooting inside your own place do you?
Say what you will, I'll bet a motha ****a will think twice before cutting up inside of Marvin "Dirty" Harrison's joint.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Harrison isn't exactly the great guy he pretends to be, remember when that kid said Harrison choked him at the pro bowl?

I'm sure Owens is still considered more thuggy though even though all he does is run his mouth.

Are you kidding? Owens tried to kill a guy.

(himself) Ok, bad joke. :doh!::evil:

Mecca
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
How are you supposed to shoot them if you do't follow them outside? You don't want to be shooting inside your own place do you?
Say what you will, I'll bet a motha ****a will think twice before cutting up inside of Marvin "Dirty" Harrison's joint.

You do realize that say someone is breaking in your house, if you shoot them outside your house you can be prosecuted for that...

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
SHOCKING.

Black people shooting at innocent people.

Can't believe it.

It's very rare to see. Those people never get in trouble and are always responsible with guns.

Sad. Blacks are losing their reputation as law abiding people.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Exactly, because street credit is worth more than someone's life. You are an F-ing Idiot. That little fat kid who stole the car was your son wasn't he?

I sure hope you're being sarcastic.

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Its not about the team. Its about the individual character.

Harrison's punishment wouldnt be as severe as a guy like Pacmans because he doesnt have the prior record of Pacman.

Prior history? True, but this is worse than anything Vick or Pacman did. He chased someone through the streets with a .50 caliber weapon and fired 7 rounds and lied to the police. Thats pretty bad.

Mecca
05-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Prior history? True, but this is worse than anything Vick or Pacman did. He chased someone through the streets with a .50 caliber weapon and fired 7 rounds and lied to the police. Thats pretty bad.

He choked that kid at the pro bowl!

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 03:12 PM
They won't arrest a guy who plays with Peyton Manning. Get real.

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Him and his gang buddies attacked some kids in Hawaii at the probowl.

Most of the media didn't want to cover it. Just like Karl Malones rape of 13year old.

Go to this link and look at how FOX deleted the link. NFL protecting their criminal types.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-97169.html

make you own conclusion. NFL has the media by the balls.

vailpass
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
You do realize that say someone is breaking in your house, if you shoot them outside your house you can be prosecuted for that...

Not familiar with the "Make My Day" law huh? In Colorado if you **** around on someone else's property, inside or outside, you might die of lead poisoning.

The Make My Day Law, more formally know as the Colorado Homeowner Protection Act, is encoded in the Colorado Revised Statutes at Section 18-1-704.5. That section of the Colorado Statutes is entitled "Use of Physical Force Against an Intruder."

vailpass
05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Exactly, because street credit is worth more than someone's life. You are an F-ing Idiot. That little fat kid who stole the car was your son wasn't he?

I sure hope you're being sarcastic.

Normally I would continue to push your buttons but you seem a bit distraught.
Calibrate your sarcasm meter.

sedated
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
In defense of flamethrowers, I have to say this would be a pretty cool thing to have on your boat, though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/US_riverboat_using_napalm_in_Vietnam.jpg

Someone shooting at you while you fish? Just set their boat on fire.

I wish I could piss fire as far as that guy

Radar Chief
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I wish I could piss fire as far as that guy

Heh, yea. Then there was that time I met a Bangkok hooker…..

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Normally I would continue to push your buttons but you seem a bit distraught.
Calibrate your sarcasm meter.

Hey I asked. No smilies, but I questioned whether anyone could be that dumb.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Heh, yea. Then there was that time I met a Bangkok hooker…..

I think you're confused. It just burned like fire when you pissed.

Joe_Camel
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Lawsuit says Harrison, others put boys in 'choke hold'
Associated Press

Updated: March 29, 2005, 8:08 PM ET
Email
Print
HONOLULU -- Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts and two other men are accused in a lawsuit of attacking three boys seeking the wide receiver's autograph a day before the Pro Bowl.

The suit, made public Monday, seeks general, special and punitive damages to be determined at trial. It alleges Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys.

Police interviewed Harrison while he was in Honolulu and forwarded their report to city prosecutors, who are considering whether to pursue charges. Harrison was not arrested and no one has been charged.

The boys have incurred medical expenses and severe emotional distress as a result of the assault, the suit said.

Johnnie Reshard Jr., Ernest Simon Jr., Eric Gilbert Jr. , whose ages are not listed in the suit, and their parents were visiting from California to attend the Pro Bowl when the boys were assaulted at the Hilton Hawaiian Village by the All-Pro player and two unidentified men, the suit said.

A Colts spokesman said the team would have no comment. Harrison's agent could not be reached immediately for comment.

The alleged altercation occurred Feb. 12, when the boys approached Harrison, who was talking on his cellular phone at the Waikiki resort. While the boys were waiting for Harrison to finish his calls, two men acting on the receiver's behalf said there would be no autographs or photos.

Without provocation, the suit says, the two men, later joined by Harrison, attacked the boys.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press

vailpass
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Lawsuit says Harrison, others put boys in 'choke hold'
Associated Press

I would be interested to hear the other side of this story.

Rain Man
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Lawsuit says boys put Harrison, others in 'choke hold'

Demonpenz
05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Jeez if the public was pissed at Vick for killing some animals I can't imagine what they will do with harrison shooting a human.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:31 PM

Harrison said he wanted to make kids to think twice before asking him for an autograph. :evil:

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Jeez if the public was pissed at Vick for killing some animals I can't imagine what they will do with harrison shooting a human.

He's Peyton's buttbuddy, so everyone will make excuses for him.

HemiEd
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
arent those from the 60s?

I am fairly confident they were using them in WWII.

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I am fairly confident they were using them in WWII.

I guess I assumed he upgraded at the end of the Vietnam war. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Someone hook me up with that picture of Neo with all the guns from the lobby scene in the Matrix. You know, the part where the security guard says "holy shit!"

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope Whitlock writes an article blaming Hip Hop for this.

But I can't believe he threw the gun in a bucket at a car wash, is he really that stupid?

sedated
05-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Marvin may not be white, but Peyton's extreme whiteness might influence the cops enough to let one negro crime pass.

Demonpenz
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
shit peyton is straight gangsta

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Someone hook me up with that picture of Neo with all the guns from the lobby scene in the Matrix. You know, the part where the security guard says "holy shit!"

Gimme a second...

Demonpenz
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
or you could go with "the mask" with jim carey when he pulls out those guns

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Bah.

They zoom in on the coat, you never see his face and the guns at the same time.

Here are a few you might be able to use...

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Found this on a Pats message board:

Valiant
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Police went to see him the next day at the carwash he owns and he talked about the gun and said the gun had never left his house- police found the gun hidden in a bucket on the carwash premises. They did a balistics test and it was fired 7 times. Harrison has the gone registered, and has 25 guns registered. Word is his cousin may have come forward and given the police info.

He should be shooting at his cousin then...

Delano
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Hitman2_large.jpg

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
He wasn't putting the kid in a chokehold- just a few playful noogies. Boys will be boys...

Basileus777
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Harrison had another incident. Apparently a Jets ball boy was was kicking balls in Harrison's and Manning's direction and Harrison put his hands on the kids neck and knocked him to the ground.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E07EEDD173EF936A35752C0A9659C8B63

Thig Lyfe
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Marvin Harrison's shootings are quiet and workmanlike. All class, that guy.

Easy 6
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Its funny how all of this stuff has come to light about Harrison, the shooting incident aside...he seems to have a bad temper that never got real publicity until now.

As for the bar incident, yeah he's permitted to defend his place of business...but werent the shots fired outside???...where any one of those rounds could have tore into an innocent bystander???

Seems to me that this guy needs a good hammering & reality check.

splatbass
05-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Exactly! The guy actually came into his bar, had words with him - possibly in a loud voice! - then left! If that doesn't deserve getting shot with a .50 caliber handgun I don't know what does! :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I would like to know how this fight escalated to the point where Harrison felt it was necessary to use a gun to properly defend his business.

There's a bit of a gap from throwing punches to shooting at someone.

L.A. Chieffan
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Apparently Marvin was playing GTA IV right before the incident. Well there ya have it...

DT58HOF
05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
he's gonna be cellmates with PacMan

Dylan
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I just want to know -- why the gun was hidden in a bucket at the car wash owned by Marvin? He wasn't finished for the afternoon? And who was the girl?

Some insight that you may find interesting -- which shows no sequence:
No I really don't think it is over the top. A really quiet man. Most of his teammates don't know him well. Just a really different kind of person... I didn't know he owned a bar. I could never IMAGINE him owning a bar, actually. Bars are social places. But even less than owning a bar, I can't imagine him firing a gun. What I do know about him? Not what you picture in a gun fight outside a bar. The guy is a neat freak. There are military lockers that are not that perfect. Check out his locker if you ever get a chance... Wasn't rich growing -- I think his dad died young, but his mom was pretty strict. Went to Catholic school, and wore a tie every day... and from what I know it was somewhere in north Philly in a gentrified area. A lot more to it, than just those things. He is one of those guys who even people who are around him all the time don't even know. But from what I had gathered about him, the LAST thing I could have imagined was Marvin Harrison shooting someone or even if he wasn't the shooter, lying about the gun being at his home. So as I said, I hope none of that is true.
Interested in your experiences. He is NOT friendly with the press. But he is not an asshole either. He isn't friendly to anyone, actually. Always seems sort of in his own world. Has he actually ever been rude or nasty to you?

Right. He's often in his own world and that world, to outsiders, is pretty cold. And I wouldn't say he's been the greatest teammate over the last year or two while he's been hurt and Reggie Wayne has become Manning's favorite target (not that those situations are easy, but still). Not saying any of that makes gunplay plausible, but I'll just say I didn't see this news and think "Oh my God! Not Marvin Harrison!" Heck, I don't say that about any athlete who gets in (alleged) trouble anymore. We don't know them at all.

It's weird. The "Marvin sulking on the sidelines because he is not seeing the ball Marvin" is the one everyone equates to "you think you know the guy." And that isn't what I had in mind when I wrote ------. I actually once saw him do the nicest thing I have ever seen a pro athlete do for a little kid; and I have been around A LOT of football players when they were around kids and I have a great sense of what is fake and what is genuine from a lot of experience with this. One of those teammates--who was quick to say, "no one gets to know Marvin," kind of also told me "that is Marvin being Marvin." He can be really distant with a teammate one minute and then do something really kind and tender that few people will see. I just have had this picture in my head of a really complicated (have I used the word different?) guy. It certainly wasn't a guy getting into gunfights outside of bars--if that happened--which is why I reacted that way. Sorry if it was that over the top. I always thought in the right hands he would make the best profile ever written, but there is no way anyone can get close enough to him to get what you'd need for that profile. It's why every profile I have ever read of him has been insipid.

Whatever, ----. Sorry if it was over the top. I have spent a lot of time around football players. And I typed that specifically because, as I said, I can't picture that man, in particular, shooting someone. I picture him ironing his shirt so it is perfect. I picture him eating Tasteykakes. I picture him not getting close enough to anyone to shoot the person. And that is really it. I don't picture him in a bar in an argument. And that story really shocked the hell out of me--if there is any truth to him being involved. I don't get shocked by much. If you are that hell bent on equating what I wrote with ------ -- about Roger Clemens, knock yourself out. Sorry I was that over the top. But this *is* dramatic to a lot of people, though, in the way Roger Clemens coming out of retirement for the 40th time wasn't.

is this you grieving? lol. ....
wouldn't go so far to say he's an asshole, but he's not polite either. I've interviewed him and whether it's good question or bad, he doesn't suffer the media well at all and can be curt, which I interpret as impolite. Doesn't reflect on his guilt or innocence here, just what I've observed.

Sweet Jesus. What's going to be on the news tomorrow? Greg Maddux in a knife fight at a Wal Mart? What the f--k is wrong with these guys? Just walk away. You are a f--king millionaire.

Fairplay
05-02-2008, 07:11 PM
They go back to their roots sooner or later.

Dylan
05-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Firing a weapon isn't automatically a crime or even a sin.

Based on what we know so far, if they prove he is the shooter than maybe they can get him for discharging a weapon in city limits, a misdemeanor. Actually, Pennsylvania state law says that any crime involving a gun is an automatic misdemeanor.

After that, the mitigating circumstances are endless. We don't know yet whether he had a good reason to fire the gun.

Bottom line, I have no idea if he did anything wrong, but he's far from the top of the list of athletes I would have thought would be in trouble with the law. Partly because of his age and partly because of his demeanor.

Did Whitlock weight in? -- Mr. "Run it. Worry about it later" ROFL

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
By the way, just read the excerpts Dylan posted. I don't know who was posting that, but I know in my dealings with Marvin that I'd would say that's pretty spot on. The guy can be kinda a dick / asshole, no doubt. He's always been adverse to really being hounded by media or put in the spotlight, and just doesn't have a very personable demeanor.

A few years back a writer was interested in doing a book on him and tried to setup a meeting with Marvin, but he wasn't interested in that in the least. He's also turned down a number of promo deals b/c he just doesn't care about that. I'd agree the guy is in his own world, but didn't expect to hear an incident like this involving him. The being a prick to fans incidents aren't very shocking, but this is clearly different.

Guess the guy has a different side and clearly his fuse doesn't putter out once lit!

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
How the local media deletes history in their online newspaper

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/?p=1425

click the link in article.

Anyong Bluth
05-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Firing a weapon isn't automatically a crime or even a sin.

Based on what we know so far, if they prove he is the shooter than maybe they can get him for discharging a weapon in city limits, a misdemeanor. Actually, Pennsylvania state law says that any crime involving a gun is an automatic misdemeanor.

After that, the mitigating circumstances are endless. We don't know yet whether he had a good reason to fire the gun.

Bottom line, I have no idea if he did anything wrong, but he's far from the top of the list of athletes I would have thought would be in trouble with the law. Partly because of his age and partly because of his demeanor. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Cue in Whitlock to weigh 3, 2, 1... Mr. "Run it. Worry about it later" ROFL

It's simply an automatic review for the DA's office to ensure they look over the case- and most likely charges are dropped 99% of the time if simply based on the fact that someone discharged a weapon. The ? is if they were committing a crime or unjustified in using excessive force.

I know it's been talked about in the thread, but in an overwhelming majority of states you can only use equal force to protect yourself and use deadly force when one is in clear and imminent danger of ones own life. Truth be told, there are plenty of times when this isn't the case and the DA refuses to prosecute. However, I don't like your chances in just about any jurisdiction if the cops roll up to find a dead perp on your lawn shot in the back as he was scurrying away with your car stereo.

Thig Lyfe
05-02-2008, 09:47 PM
They go back to their roots sooner or later.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

jidar
05-02-2008, 10:09 PM
who the hell uses a .50 cal pistol in a gun fight? FFS you can't hit shit with those things.

Buehler445
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
who the hell uses a .50 cal pistol in a gun fight? FFS you can't hit shit with those things.

But...But...The guy at the gun store said it was the meanest gun he had?!

Pablo
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
who the hell uses a .50 cal pistol in a gun fight? FFS you can't hit shit with those things.Professional athletes that can afford an overprized piece with expensive ammo, and obviously don't mind paying legal fees to shoot said weapon at random people in parking lots...

dtebbe
05-02-2008, 11:03 PM
At least he waited until his NFL career was finished to start being a gangsta

Pac Man should take notes

DT

Mizzou_8541
05-02-2008, 11:15 PM
ALL PRAISE BE TO ALA!!!!!!

YO! I'm just kidding. Do NOT blow up my house.

Actually, it's "Allah"! :)

Anyong Bluth
05-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Actually, it's "Allah"! :)

actually, there are various ways of spelling it, though your spelling is the most common form in the western language. Just like there are various forms of Hanukkah.

If you read the original texts of some of the accounts of Jesus' crucifixion story, when he says, "Father, why have you foresaken me," the word for father is Abba, which is another form for Allah. This form is generally regarded is the more intimate spelling of Allah, and would be like saying daddy as opposed to father. Much like in latin and greek, where many of the same words would have different meanings depending on their spelling. (i.e. love- which had at least 6 different versions depending on it's use) Same goes for various spellings of Yahweh.

blueballs
05-03-2008, 01:08 AM

When he just layed down after catching a pass against the Donks
didn't get touched so he got up and scored a touchdown
-if that wasn't a playoff game -it sure was priceless

Chiefs Pantalones
05-03-2008, 01:25 AM
lol Harrison wanted to improve his street cred.

milkman
05-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Is that Harrison's fault, or could it be that Peyton's mangina is on full display when the playoffs start?

el borracho
05-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Philadelphia should be bombed out of existence, including about 99% of its inhabitants.

splatbass
05-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Philadelphia should be bombed out of existence, including about 99% of its inhabitants.

I like Philadelphia.

el borracho
05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I like Philadelphia.

Have you lived there or have you only just visited? I lived there for a year and I can tell you I would rather swim across a lake of vomit than ever spend an afternoon in Philadelphia.

Pierce
05-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Have you lived there or have you only just visited? I lived there for a year and I can tell you I would rather swim across a lake of vomit than ever spend an afternoon in Philadelphia.

Haha, that's funny. I took a visit to Penn when looking at colleges and thought Philly was a really cool city.

I guess it's not really, huh?

el borracho
05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Haha, that's funny. I took a visit to Penn when looking at colleges and thought Philly was a really cool city.

I guess it's not really, huh?

Most racist city I have ever had the mispleasure to live in. My lasting impression of that toilet of a city is one of filth and ignorance and aggressive hate. I go out of my way not to even schedule a layover in that dump.

GoHuge
05-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Man these guys never cease to amaze you. When I heard about this on Friday I was like "WTF." It's kind of funny though listening to radio and ESPN today and I haven't heard alot about it. Pacman got more pub for his making it rain shooting. I did hear that they are calling him a suspect now. How the hell can somebody have the world in their hands and do stupid shit like this? They said he had already beat the shit out of the guy before the shooting. The only way I see him getting away with this is if nobody testifies against him. Yesterday on NFL Live they said the guy that he got in the fight with said that it wasn't Harrison that did the shooting. Even if he didn't pull the trigger why the hell would he have it with him the next day in a bucket at the car wash and then lie about it? Just stupid.

stlchiefs
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Looks like people may have jumped the gun :) on this one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8109900?MSNHPHMA

Police do not currently consider Marvin Harrison a suspect in a shooting that took place in Philadelphia last week, according to a report on the Indianapolis Star Web site.

"He's not a suspect at this point," police spokesperson Tanya Little told The Star Tuesday morning, declining further comment.

Multiple published reports last week indicated that Harrison was under investigation for the shooting.

Reports this week have said that bullets used in the shooting came from a gun owned by the Colts' star wide receiver.

Harrison, in an interview with police last week, admitted to being involved in a fistfight prior to the gunfire, but insisted he had no part in the shooting, the Philadelphia Daily News reported on its Web site.

The victim in the case has thus far refused to identify the gunman.

In an exclusive conversation with FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer last week, Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, denied a report implicating Harrison in the shooting.

"Marvin Harrison was not involved in any shooting," Condon told Glazer. "The report is erroneous."

StcChief
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Marvin knows and is likely paying this victim to STFU

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
yeah, he loaned his gun to his buddy.

Thats it.

He's really a good guy!

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4s50FeoeQ0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4s50FeoeQ0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chiefmanwillcatch
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/18543019.html