PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is better?

KUCFChiefs
05-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Who is the greatest defensive tackle in Chiefs history?

POND_OF_RED
05-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Well considering Dorsey hasn't played a game yet I'm gonna go ahead and vote for Buck Buchanan and hope my vote changes in the next few years...

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Eric Downing

kcxiv
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Ryan Sims someone had to say it.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2008, 08:38 AM
:spock:

Buck. However, I have hopes that Glenn Dorsey can play at a similar level.

milkman
05-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Every day I wake up and I think to myself that I have already read the dumbest post that I can possibly ever read.

But then I'm proven wrong with a posts like this one.

Frankie
05-04-2008, 08:44 AM
This is one stupid poll. No offense n00b. Dorsey hasn't even signed with the Chiefs yet.

SHEESH!

RNR
05-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Every day I wake up and I think to myself that I have already read the dumbest post that I can possibly ever read.

But then I've proven wrong with a posts like this one.

ROFL Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Skip Towne
05-04-2008, 08:48 AM

That's what keeps us coming back.

Jenson71
05-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Keep f@cking doubtin Glenn Dorsey.

jjchieffan
05-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Whoa! Getting the cart before the horse aren't you? I hope that Dorsey becomes the best, but to ask this question before he ever signs? Give me a break. :ROFL:

Mosbonian
05-04-2008, 08:58 AM

Yeah.....what he said.

mmaddog

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Buck couldn't hold up a jersey at the NFL draft the way Dorsey did. Obviously it's Dorsey.

chiefbowe82
05-04-2008, 09:26 AM
we clearly got the 2nd best defensive player in the draft, rams took the best off the board in chirs long..dorsey is just another pick, another dt raised by the chiefs he'll be good but nowhere near his potential...this is how you all should look at it rather then he's already in the hall of fame

StcChief
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM

But then I'm proven wrong with a posts like this one.No doubt about it..... Hope he turns into a Buck DT, but let's get him signed, in camp, on the field.....

check back in 5 years.

CosmicPal
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Dorsey hasn't even made a history on the field yet.

milkman
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
we clearly got the 2nd best defensive player in the draft, rams took the best off the board in chirs long..dorsey is just another pick, another dt raised by the chiefs he'll be good but nowhere near his potential...this is how you all should look at it rather then he's already in the hall of fame

You can look at it however the hell you want.

Me, I look at at like this.

Dorsey not only was the best defensive player in this draft, but the best player in this draft, period.

Teams ahead of them drafted for need.

Good for them.

That's the way to stay at the top of the draft board for years to come.

Rain Man
05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Right now, I'd probably have to go with Buck Buchanan, but only because of his Super Bowl ring, 2 Super Bowl appearances, AFL championship, 2 AFL championship appearances, 8 all-star game appearances, missing only 1 game in 13 years, the fact that he was the #1 pick overall in his draft, his Hall of Fame bust, and the fact that he's been named by the Sporting News as one of the 100 best players in NFL history.

However, Dorsey is a close second.

Tribal Warfare
05-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Where's the Curly Culp option

CosmicPal
05-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Right now, I'd probably have to go with Buck Buchanan, but only because of his Super Bowl ring, 2 Super Bowl appearances, AFL championship, 2 AFL championship appearances, 8 all-star game appearances, missing only 1 game in 13 years, the fact that he was the #1 pick overall in his draft, his Hall of Fame bust, and the fact that he's been named by the Sporting News as one of the 100 best players in NFL history.

However, Dorsey is a close second.

ROFL

I beg to differ. :D

Bowser
05-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Nate Hobgood-Chittick

smittysbar
05-04-2008, 10:42 AM
One guy has never played a down in the NFL..........................great poll............

DaFace
05-04-2008, 10:44 AM
This is one stupid poll. No offense n00b. Dorsey hasn't even signed with the Chiefs yet.

SHEESH!

The n00b part is questionable. But at least it's not a poll about our favorite narcotics.

Rain Man
05-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I think some of you aren't taking into account Dorsey's forward effects. Kind of like the Doppler when you hear a really loud car coming your way, "Dorsey waves" are already affecting other teams, prompting player retirements and holdouts by offensive players who are afraid to face him.

Bowser
05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I think some of you aren't taking into account Dorsey's forward effects. Kind of like the Doppler when you hear a really loud car coming your way, "Dorsey waves" are already affecting other teams, prompting player retirements and holdouts by offensive players who are afraid to face him.

Dorsey's impact on the playing field will have a ripple effect all along the space-time continuum.

kstater
05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I bet Chuck Norris is better than both of them.

Pablo
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Here's where I pretend I'm old enough to even have a remote f*cking clue about Buck Buchanan...

Excellent question though.

milkman
05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Here's where I pretend I'm old enough to even have a remote f*cking clue about Buck Buchanan...

I hope to hell that "Excellent question" remark is sarcastic.

Pablo
05-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I hope to hell that "Excellent question" remark is sarcastic.Yeah, it certainly is.

Rain Man
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Dorsey's impact on the playing field will have a ripple effect all along the space-time continuum.

Yeah, you have to figure that a bunch of redshirt freshmen and elite high school offensive linemen are asking to switch to the defensive line so they won't eventually have to line up across from him. And probably a lot of quarterbacks in that age range are just flat-out giving up football.

This is big, folks.

Frankie
05-04-2008, 01:31 PM

Ah the good days when we had all that and more with the much feared "Scanlon Waves."

Rain Man
05-04-2008, 04:50 PM

In those days, tackles and guards went about 250 lbs. and almost none were at 260. Centers went about 240 to 250.

Now add in Buck Buchanan who weighed in at 285 to 290, and was faster than most of them.

It'd be the equivalent of having a 350-lb. defensive tackle today who is the most mobile guy on your defensive line. The dominance of Buck Buchanan cannot be overestimated.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2008, 05:04 PM
In those days, tackles and guards went about 250 lbs. and almost none were at 260. Centers went about 240 to 250.

Now add in Buck Buchanan who weighed in at 285 to 290, and was faster than most of them.

It'd be the equivalent of having a 350-lb. defensive tackle today who is the most mobile guy on your defensive line. The dominance of Buck Buchanan cannot be overestimated.

Good way to put it. GonzoRox88, in modern terms think Tony Siragusa with Warren Sapp's (in his prime) ability to move. One of the most dominating D-Linemen I've ever seen play.