PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which is the better safety tandem ?

royr17
05-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Got a little topic that I was wondering about.

When Jerome Woods started his career out with the Chiefs he was teamed up with other fellow Safety Reggie Tongue.

Then Reggie Tongue left to go play for Seattle and the Chiefs drafted Greg Wesley.

So which one in your opinion is the better safety tandem Jerome Woods and Reggie Tongue or Jerome Woods and Greg Wesley ?

RustShack
05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Jarred Page and DeJuan Morgan?

Adept Havelock
05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd say Woods and Tongue, but they may have looked better by having Carter/Hasty at CB.

Kearny and Robinson were damn good, but benefited from having a front 7 with 3 HOF's. ;)

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Wesley was the better athlete, and he was looking really good his first couple of years, but then he got complacent and lazy. Give me Tongue over Wesley, even though Tongue wasn't as good an athlete. Tongue didn't jog around during plays.

Demonpenz
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
wesley had the ability to get INT's I don't really understand how but he just did

QuikSsurfer
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
wesley had the ability to get INT's I don't really understand how but he just did

You're right. The guy was always leading our team in interceptions.

I'd take Woods and Wesley.. two really big hitters.

aturnis
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Most were thrown right to him.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
When there is 1 pro bowl between all these guys and even that 1 is questionable this question isn't exactly a proud one.

Rasputin
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Most were thrown right to him.

I remember his three against the Pats. All though if I remember right the three of them were tipped or juggled by the WR, but Wesley did get THREE against Tom Brady :D.

royr17
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Who were the Safeties when we had Dale Carter, James Hasty, Dan Salaeumua, Neil Smith, and Derrick Thomas ?

CoMoChief
05-05-2008, 03:25 PM

just like Corey Chavous he was there at the right time.

Remember when Brady was INT'd 3 times? Wesley was right there everytime. Had he not made those INT's he should have immediately been demoted to pee wee football.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Reggie Tongue by a landslide. Tongue was never a liabilty for the Chiefs. Wesley rides the pine. This question seems a little silly to me.

Chiefaholic
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Who were the Safeties when we had Dale Carter, James Hasty, Dan Salaeumua, Neil Smith, and Derrick Thomas ?

Mark Collins and Charles Mincy

B_Ambuehl
05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Wesley is a hard hitter and probably has as many interceptions in his career as any other safety in the AFC....I know people piss on him because he's been known to give up some plays in the passing game due to his biting on play action but as far as that goes he sucks a lot less than more popular players like Roy Williams and Rodney Harrison have over their careers.

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Mark Collins and Charles Mincy

And Brian Washington and William White and Kevin Porter and Martin Bayless and probably some others that I don't recall. Marty never really believed in investing in safeties, other than the Woods/Tongue picks.

milkman
05-07-2008, 08:52 AM
The answer to this question should have been an immediate "Who the **** cares?".

RNR
05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
The best defensive backfield I have ever seen in KC was
Kevin Ross
Albert Lewis
Derron Cherry
Lloyd Burruss
That is all carry on :)