PDA

View Full Version : Royals Guillen strikes out 3 times tonight in Royals loss

Jenson71
05-05-2008, 08:39 PM
At what point are we sitting him and putting Gathwright in the lineup?

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Royals gave up 4 runs in the 9th, excellent job by Peralta giving up 2 hr's..

This whole offense is pathetic, guillen isn't the only problem, no one has stepped up

Adept Havelock
05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't think sitting what looks to be a $11 million/yr bad investment is an option right now. :banghead:

Then again, maybe it would help his cranial-rectal conversion.

KCUnited
05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Jose "0-2" Guillen

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Butler and Gordon have looked bad, but yes for the money guillen needs to step up. He needs to get over the mendoza line first off...

We have pretty damn good pitching and zero offense...hope they figure things out soon

KCUnited
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
He needs to take a pitch or two.

DeezNutz
05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Not cool to see 94 mph fastballs get thrown right by him...all night long.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Not cool to see 94 mph fastballs get thrown right by him...all night long.

He was overmatched but the team was as a whole...Santana had it working all night long.

Most the team is impatient and weak at this moment. Gload, and Pena may not be able to out hit the avg cp poster

ChiefsCountry
05-05-2008, 08:52 PM
And he is still leading the team in RBI's.

DeezNutz
05-05-2008, 08:56 PM
He was overmatched but the team was as a whole...Santana had it working all night long.

Most the team is impatient and weak at this moment. Gload, and Pena may not be able to out hit the avg cp poster

He was, no doubt, and Santana was damn good tonight. But he's a vet and should be able to battle a bit. Look at what Grudz did tonight, and Guillen should be every bit the hitter that he is but with power. It's not like Grudz is a career .330 hitter or anything, just a solid player.

BWillie
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
And everybody mocked me when I said Emil Brown was not really a drop off at all compared to Guillen. For the money, might as well just keep Emil. Guillen will eventually snap out of whatever funk he's in you'd think, but still..not worth the money.

Has Tony Pena Jr got his 3rd walk of the year yet?

Sam Hall
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't know if the first round pick will be a hitter, but a lot of people like Justin Smoak and Pedro Alvarez.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
And everybody mocked me when I said Emil Brown was not really a drop off at all compared to Guillen. For the money, might as well just keep Emil. Guillen will eventually snap out of whatever funk he's in you'd think, but still..not worth the money.

The other guy we tried to sign is batting .154 with 1 hr and 4 rbis....

Andruw...

I think he'll eventually have better #'s, but we do have to pay extra unfortunately. Emil is doing great with the rbi's, but it won't last and his defense will still suck baows.:evil:

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
He was, no doubt, and Santana was damn good tonight. But he's a vet and should be able to battle a bit. Look at what Grudz did tonight, and Guillen should be every bit the hitter that he is but with power. It's not like Grudz is a career .330 hitter or anything, just a solid player.

Agreed, he seems to be pressing way too much, but he is a pro and needs to snap out of it. Butler looks pretty bad too, he needs to get out, he was pretty solid last year in 90 games

CoMoChief
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Olivo needs to start over Buck.

Olivo is the only power hitter on the KC lineup right now. As sad as it is to say.

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Olivo is the only power hitter on the KC lineup right now. As sad as it is to say.Keitzman was saying today that he had 4 homers in 50-some at-bats. The next closest guy (Teahan, maybe?) had 3 in 120 or so.

KCUnited
05-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Buck needs to start, his bat has been coming around. Butler needs to play more first putting Olivo in as DH. Olivo struggled behind the plate his last time out.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Guillen will get it going. His bat speed is alittle slow right now I can see how he could go on a tear and hit like 400 with 11 homeruns in a month. The whole team sucks right now. baseball's Hosana gordon isn't doing much. Butler isn't doing anything. I have no faith anyone in the lineup is going to do anything

gblowfish
05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
I was at the game last night. It was like the Angels woke up in the 9th, then clubbed us like baby seals.

Jose Guillen - I'm going to call him "Emil" Guillen, since he's basically an $11mill version of Emil Brown- needs to be sent down to Omaha for about two weeks to wake his ass up.

We did the same to Teahen two years ago and it helped.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Guillion wouldn't take going down to AAA he would throw a fit

Jenson71
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I would advise nobody to look up Emil Browns stats for this year so far.

beavis
05-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I was at the game last night. It was like the Angels woke up in the 9th, then clubbed us like baby seals.

Jose Guillen - I'm going to call him "Emil" Guillen, since he's basically an $11mill version of Emil Brown- needs to be sent down to Omaha for about two weeks to wake his ass up.

We did the same to Teahen two years ago and it helped.

He'd have to clear waivers first. It ain't happening.

bsp4444
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
What about Guillen's throwing to the wrong base, or not hitting his cutoff man? He left four men stranded as the DH the other night. I hate this POS.

teedubya
05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Olivo has 4 homeruns so far, and hasn't played that many games. I think he would be a better DH... or teach him RF.

Jose "Juan" Guillenzalez is making it painful to watch the Royals in HD.

gblowfish
05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
He'd have to clear waivers first. It ain't happening.

I think you can send a player down without waivers, can't you?
If not, put his ass on the 60 Day DL and make him clean the clubhouse.
Bring up Mitch Maier.

BTW: I watched "Emil" on that 2nd homer in the 9th last night. He jumped about 2" off the ground in chase of that ball. Pathetic effort, and it just cleared the fence, so he had a legit chance to make a play on it. Gathright would have crashed the fence going after that.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Guillens been too nice in KC, he needs to get POED and throw shit, that is when he is at his best, like milton bradley but not nearly as stupid

KCUnited
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Guillen's been bad, but ol boy for the Angels was at 60 pitches in the sixth inning, he was good, but that's insane. We just go up there hacking and then get rung up on strike 3. Mike "Solari" Barnett needs to be let go.

Coach
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Brown's defense blows goats balls. I still wish the Royals would had looked other options instead of Guillen. I was concerned that he'll be the next Juan Gone, only more healthier.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Brown's defense blows goats balls. I still wish the Royals would had looked other options instead of Guillen. I was concerned that he'll be the next Juan Gone, only more healthier.

There really wasn't many options FA wise though....i kind've wish we traded for Carlos Quentin

DeezNutz
05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Jose Guillen - I'm going to call him "Emil" Guillen, since he's basically an $11mill version of Emil Brown-

I think I'm going to have to steal this.

Emil Brown sure as heck isn't and wasn't the answer. Emil Guillen's numbers will improve, but he sure doesn't look vastly different. Someone would have to look up Brown's current contract, but he's not the cheapest player in the league. He was paid around 4 mil. last year or so.

It's a good thing, though, that the Royals didn't sign Hunter. Good thing we didn't come in with the 18 mil.-per-year contract FIRST and force someone else's hand because that guy has sucked ass all year. Good thing...

Beyond this, the biggest problem is that Gordon must produce runs. He's hitting around .300, great. He was a college bat, supposedly the best, now he needs to play like it. Look at what Zimmerman and Braun have done. Same position, same draft class, different level of production. If Gordon becomes an average player in the league, this might be an overstatement, but he becomes the Royals Ryan Sims. Given where he was taken and the expectations, he'd be a big-time bust, especially given the play of the other top 3Bs in the draft. If Sims' fat ass have cared, he could have been average. Unfortunately he'd never be big John Henderson or Haynesworth. Gordon, at this point, = more likeable and slightly better Sims. Please, please, please, Alex, prove me wrong.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Gordon can't be the royals sims because your power doesn't start until your power years are 27-32. Baseball is a sport of craftsmanship and learning pitches and things like that. Sims couldn't flat out play.

DeezNutz
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Gordon can't be the royals sims because your power doesn't start until your power years are 27-32. Baseball is a sport of craftsmanship and learning pitches and things like that. Sims couldn't flat out play.

Not necessarily.

Braun:
2007 MIL 113 451 91 146 26 6 34 97 29 112 15 5 .324 .370 .634 1.004
2008 MIL 30 127 13 34 10 0 5 23 7 28 1 3 .268 .304 .465 .768

Zimmerman:
2006 WAS 157 614 84 176 47 3 20 110 61 120 11 8 .287 .351 .471 .822
2007 WAS 162 653 99 174 43 5 24 91 61 125 4 1 .266 .330 .458 .788

These two players have been productive 3-hole hitters for their teams for a couple of years. Gordon was supposed to be better than them. Look, I'm not saying he'll never develop, but he should be producing now. If he stays status quo for the next couple of years, then he starts to morph into Sims. Again, if that fat sack had wanted to, he could have been average.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I know those guys are putting up numbers but come on. Give gordon alittle more time before we start riding him.

DeezNutz
05-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I know those guys are putting up numbers but come on. Give gordon alittle more time before we start riding him.

Not trying to be overly critical at all. My point is this: If Gordon doesn't become a cornerstone for the Royals, it will set this franchise back a number of years. The organization, because of bad drafts for a number of years (i.e. Glass being cheap as hell), simply doesn't have many talented bats in the farm system.

beavis
05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I think you can send a player down without waivers, can't you?
If not, put his ass on the 60 Day DL and make him clean the clubhouse.
Bring up Mitch Maier.

BTW: I watched "Emil" on that 2nd homer in the 9th last night. He jumped about 2" off the ground in chase of that ball. Pathetic effort, and it just cleared the fence, so he had a legit chance to make a play on it. Gathright would have crashed the fence going after that.

There's no way he has options left, so yeah, he'd have to be DFA.

Either way, there's no way they are going to send down a guy the paid over $30 million for less than 40 games into the season.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Not trying to be overly critical at all. My point is this: If Gordon doesn't become a cornerstone for the Royals, it will set this franchise back a number of years. The organization, because of bad drafts for a number of years (i.e. Glass being cheap as hell), simply doesn't have many talented bats in the farm system.

word. Just some baseball talk.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I was hoping Gordon would be putting up Zimmerman and Braun #'s by now as well but ill be patient.. Hope Butler becomes like an Edgar Martinez, cause so far he's hal morris

BWillie
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM

Olivo is the only power hitter on the KC lineup right now. As sad as it is to say.

No way. Buck hit for power great last year when he played. Buck is a better defensive catcher that Olivo too, and Bannister, Greinke, and Meche all trust in him when they are on the mound. You don't want to screw them up

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
No way. Buck hit for power great last year when he played. Buck is a better defensive catcher that Olivo too, and Bannister, Greinke, and Meche all trust in him when they are on the mound. You don't want to screw them up

I'd rather have butler start at 1b and Olivo at DH, Gload is ****ing worthless on O