PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports League Bowling

Dunit35
05-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Anybody bowl in any leagues these days?

We just finished our 33 week league tonight. We ended up getting fourth in the playoffs. We were forced to bowl two members (out of four) blind and only lost out on first by 63 pins.

I'm not a very good bowler (average 126) but 9 out of my last 10 games I was bowling in the 140's-170.

So what are your averages.

Start summer league in 3 weeks.

Silock
05-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Donny, you're out of your element!

morphius
05-06-2008, 09:29 PM
We just had our league finish up last week, my team finished in first. I didn't bowl particularly well this year, but I still finished with high series scratch, 717, high game scratch, 269 and a 202 average.

The last week we bowled 9 pin tap, ripped off a 189 between my legs.

Frazod
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I bowled a 258 on the Wii. Does that count? :)

KcMizzou

L.A. Chieffan
It's a league game Smoke.

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Every time I've bowled, I had a good time. (That's probably 5 or 6 times... ever)

It's just not something I ever think about doing, really.

Joie
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
ROFL

My eight year old stepdaughter routinely kicks my ass when we go bowling.

Dunit35
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
We just had our league finish up last week, my team finished in first. I didn't bowl particularly well this year, but I still finished with high series scratch, 717, high game scratch, 269 and a 202 average.

202 average, nice. The owner of the place has a 214. What's your best game? Mine was a 224, hit six strikes in a row. I've never come close since.

SLAG
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
OVER THE LINE!!!!!

http://www.adventuremoney.com/Images/Walter-Sobchak.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
ROFL

My eight year old stepdaughter routinely kicks my ass when we go bowling.

Eight year olds Dude.

morphius
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
202 average, nice. The owner of the place has a 214. What's your best game? Mine was a 224, hit six strikes in a row. I've never come close since.
I bowled a pair of 288's one night, for an 800+ series. Name in the paper and the whole bit.

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Eight year olds Dude."That's what I like about those eight year olds, man. I get older, they stay....."

Wait, what?

Dunit35
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I bowled a pair of 288's one night, for an 800+ series. Name in the paper and the whole bit.

That would be awesome...800 series, don't see those around here. I'm usually around 450.

Joie
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Eight year olds Dude.

Hey. She's good. A pretty decent trashtalker too....

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
my average keeps going down year after year. But I was down in springfield in january and my friend was kicking my ass WII bowling so i told him I would bet him 100 bucks i beat him in real bowling. I won but o forgot to take my bowling gear back to KC. I had to use my dads clown shoes and a ball that didn't fit for the st joe tourny i still was in the top 20 and won my money back. so i get this check and I put it up in my cube at work as a joke and kind of a trophy because it is so lame

DEMONPENZ 29.99 20th place st joseph city tournament!
then the check fell off and now i can't find it

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM

That's my pops best score. Oh, btw, DON'T F*CK WITH DA JESUS!!!

http://booreview.com/images/the_big_lebowski_jesus.jpg

SLAG
05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
That's my pops best score. Oh, btw, DON'T F*CK WITH DA JESUS!!!

http://booreview.com/images/the_big_lebowski_jesus.jpg

I will stick that gun up your ass and pull the trigger til it goes... "Click"

Jesus-

You Said it Man

morphius
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
That would be awesome...800 series, don't see those around here. I'm usually around 450.
I was on a real roll early that year. I think I started out with a 250 average and raised it 4 weeks in a row. I have had a few 790's as well, just can't get that 300 games. You have to have a little luck, and I have almost none. Heck, last year we did the 9 pin tap our last week, and I bowled 10 natural strikes, had a SOLID 10 pin and then another strike. Which is sort of how it works out for me, my one bad frame is normally a good ball, just doesn't carry like I need it. It'll come someday, though if I bowled more than one league I would probably be in a lot better shape as a bowler.

Dunit35
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I was on a real roll early that year. I think I started out with a 250 average and raised it 4 weeks in a row. I have had a few 790's as well, just can't get that 300 games. You have to have a little luck, and I have almost none. Heck, last year we did the 9 pin tap our last week, and I bowled 10 natural strikes, had a SOLID 10 pin and then another strike. Which is sort of how it works out for me, my one bad frame is normally a good ball, just doesn't carry like I need it. It'll come someday, though if I bowled more than one league I would probably be in a lot better shape as a bowler.

Some of these people here bowl in 2-3 leagues. Being a college student, I don't have the time for that. It costs 9.50 a week here so it'd add up pretty quickly also.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Some of these people here bowl in 2-3 leagues. Being a college student, I don't have the time for that. It costs 9.50 a week here so it'd add up pretty quickly also.

Jesus. It costs that much to bowl 1 game in Seattle.

Valiant
05-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I suck at it, I am a straight bolwer no curve..

Aeveage about 140-150.. Best ever is a 275..

I am drunk.. It geels good..

Huffman83
05-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Isn't it by the old in and out burger?

Lex Luthors
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
It would be interesting if you guys that are posting your scores would also tell what houses you bowl in.

I bowl in leagues at AMF Pro Bowl in North Kansas City and at Olathe East. My final average was 209 at NKC and 204 at Olathe. My high games this year were 289 (I had one at each house). I had a 775 series at NKC.

I've had three sanctioned 300 games. Never had an 800, though.

Both houses have what I would call fairly easy house shots, although they are completely different from each other. NKC has a fair amount of oil, and I usually throw the ball slow and play around first arrow. Olathe oils the lanes right before our league, but I swear they must use about a thimble full for all 32 lanes. I generally throw the ball much harder there, stand almost as far to the left as I can, and swing the ball third arrow.

I carry four balls with me: plastic, urethane, reactive resin, and particle. I almost always wind up throwing the urethane ball.

morphius
05-07-2008, 09:20 AM
College Lanes, carry 3 balls Hammer Blade (reactive), Blue Hammer (old urethane) and a 10 pin Perl Blue Hammer (old). College changes their shot about ever 3 weeks, so you never really get in sync with anything for long. It is never a 1-2 board thing either, one week you could be through the ball straight with a bit of hook on the back end, the next week you are standing somewhere left of center and throwing the ball harder to get it under control. It can be enough to make you want to pull you hair out.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
morph do you have that greene dark blue hammer blade? I have that one an lt 48 cold and a track heat. I need to start bowling singles. If anyone needs a bowler for next year hollar. I have to drive back to st joe just to be on a team

morphius
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
morph do you have that greene dark blue hammer blade? I have that one an lt 48 cold and a track heat. I need to start bowling singles. If anyone needs a bowler for next year hollar. I have to drive back to st joe just to be on a team
That would be the one. I had the pro guy "wash" it and it got some of its bite back. It was just too late in the year.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I think i have the same one. It carried alot better than my other balls and it was drilled for my dad's bear like paw's not mine

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
"That's what I like about those eight year olds, man. I get older, they stay....."

Wait, what?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

HemiEd
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Damn, you and PinkFloyd need roll them off! The 202 average is impressive.

I ended up at 189 this year but won a lot of money in King of the Hill. It was the perfect sandbagging scenerio, with my early season heart problems. My average was down to around 155, I was totally lost.

The other guys on my team were even frustrated with me, and said maybe you are just a 150 bowler now.
But once I got out of rehab and started working out, 600s were a regularity. It was fun again and I kicked ass in King of the Hill with my pins.

HemiEd
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM

One of the funniest movies ever, I own it.

morphius
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Damn, you and PinkFloyd need roll them off! The 202 average is impressive.

I ended up at 189 this year but won a lot of money in King of the Hill. It was the perfect sandbagging scenerio, with my early season heart problems. My average was down to around 155, I was totally lost.

The other guys on my team were even frustrated with me, and said maybe you are just a 150 bowler now.
But once I got out of rehab and started working out, 600s were a regularity. It was fun again and I kicked ass in King of the Hill with my pins.
Ahhh, the 180 average days...

I had to make one change to improve from a 180's bowler to a 200's, and that was to stay bent on my release instead of popping up. It was frustrating that was all that it took, lol.

Barret
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I bowl in two leagues here in Tyler. One a mens trio league and a mixed league. The mens trio is the high roller league and we are competing for 1st place. Roll off is next saturday and first place gets $1500 a man.

Was averaging 204 last year but am having an off year and have dipped to 196 range.

Going to Bossier this weekend for the PBA regional and see how I do there. I have cashed a couple times but never got into the brackets on Sunday.

If you have some free cash floating around look into going to the Kegel Training center in Florida. Google it but I went there about 2 weeks ago and got a ton of advice. They have cameras everywhere to show how your approach works and bio-mechanics. Also sensors on the lane to show ball speed, entry angle, rotation, rpm and a bunch of other stuff. I have been slowly losing average at the house I shoot at due to conditions but the Kegel thing helped out a ton. Well worth every penny I spent.

MTG#10
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a bowling ball over them mountains?

HemiEd
05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Ahhh, the 180 average days...

I had to make one change to improve from a 180's bowler to a 200's, and that was to stay bent on my release instead of popping up. It was frustrating that was all that it took, lol.

I fight that a lot. It really gets harder, the older you get, or for me anyway. But maybe, I am on the road to fixing that, I will keep your pointer in mind for next season.

Funny thing, the Friday night, I bowled after my first session with a PT that morning a heavy leg workout. I could hardly walk, let alone bend. The guys all tried to talk me into setting out, and just use my average. I bowled a low 600 and won $120 stiff legged. They all told me I looked like a geriatric (sp) out there.

sedated
05-07-2008, 03:45 PM
my average keeps going down year after year.

my average keeps going down beer after beer.

morphius
05-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I fight that a lot. It really gets harder, the older you get, or for me anyway. But maybe, I am on the road to fixing that, I will keep your pointer in mind for next season.

Funny thing, the Friday night, I bowled after my first session with a PT that morning a heavy leg workout. I could hardly walk, let alone bend. The guys all tried to talk me into setting out, and just use my average. I bowled a low 600 and won $120 stiff legged. They all told me I looked like a geriatric (sp) out there.
Sometimes when your muscles are weak you don't have the ability to screw yourself up as much, its kind of funny.

Coach
05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Usually around 160-185.

Ultra Peanut
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I am awesome at bowling. Roman, Michelle, Brucie, Little Jacob. It don't matter, yo. You line 'em up, and I'll knock 'em down.