PDA

View Full Version : News Pot Candy and Kronic Kandy banned in Georgia

thebrad84
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Georgia Law Bans Retailers From Selling 'Pot Candy' To Minors

POSTED: 10:26 am EDT May 7, 2008
UPDATED: 11:17 am EDT May 7, 2008

Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue signed a measure into law Wednesday that bans the sale of "marijuana flavored products" to minors -- anyone under 18 -- and calls for a fine of up to $500 for each offense.

The measure takes effect July 1st.

It targets businesses that sell the candies with drug-inspired names such as "Kronic Kandy" and "Pot Suckers."

The law says the candies promote drug use.

Senator Doug Stoner pushed the bill in the senate. "I don't think that folks are aware this is going on," Stoner told Channel 2 in April. "It's mainly, from what I can tell, particularly targeted to minority communities."

State Representative Judy Manning said she was shocked to receive death threats over the bill to ban the candy. "Some people think their rights are their rights," she said.

Manning said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation traced her e-mail threat to Great Britain. “You just deal with those kinds of folks and do the best you can. But it sends the wrong kind of message to kids.”

Vote Hemp, a national organization that promotes the use of hemp products and tracks legislation, says the measure would make Georgia the first state to ban the sale of the candy to minors.

Couple things...
I've never heard of such a candy, but why on Gods green earth would you want a candy flavored to taste like marijuana? That just sounds nasty.

Secondly, I hope I'm not the only one who found it quite funny that it was Senator Stoner who pushed the legislation on this ban.

MTG#10
05-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I hate big candy.

alpha_omega
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I didn't even know there was such a thing.

thebrad84
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050621/050621_potcandy_vmed_1p.widec.jpg

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Thank god we have the government there to prtect us from pot suckers

MTG#10
05-07-2008, 02:36 PM
No kidding. There needs to be a tax increase to make sure this law is enforced.

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 02:37 PM
wtf??
does the candy contain a seed in the center?

teedubya
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
What about the Skip Towne Laxative Pot Chocolate Bar?

StcChief
05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Sucker is the buyer

thebrad84
05-07-2008, 02:47 PM

Well, clearly pot suckers are a gateway in to marijuana smoking, much like those candy cigarettes were to me. I smoke three packs a day because the government didn't want to protect me from developing bad habits as a kid from eating those pure sugar sticks shaped like cigarettes. Damn the government for not protecting me!

rtmike
05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Anyone ever try weed induced brownies, cupcakes? There's no way they're selling them suckers on taste alone. :bong:

38yrsfan
05-07-2008, 02:57 PM
What about the people sucking them for glaucoma?

Makes me wonder if CP marketed a sucker what it would be called ..... "The Chiefs Fan" maybe.?

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
State Representative Judy Manning said she was shocked to receive death threats over the bill to ban the candy. "Some people think their rights are their rights," she said.

:spock:

Sounds like Rep. Manning has been partaking of more than just pot-flavored candy.

Anyone ever try weed induced brownies, cupcakes? There's no way they're selling them suckers on taste alone. :bong:

Oooooh, no thanks. Last time I smoked that stuff they found me on top of the Sears tower trying to build a nest.

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 03:05 PM

i've had some really, really good hash brownies and cookies back in the day --- good taste too :)

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, clearly pot suckers are a gateway in to marijuana smoking, much like those candy cigarettes were to me. I smoke three packs a day because the government didn't want to protect me from developing bad habits as a kid from eating those pure sugar sticks shaped like cigarettes. Damn the government for not protecting me!

Bastards

sedated
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
The law says the candies promote drug use.

but not nearly as much as drugs promote drug use.

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
but not nearly as much as drugs promote candy use.

FYP

fuggin stoner :)

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I am going to crunch it up and snort them before going to a rave

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
but not nearly as much as drugs promote drug use.

That's different, they got a prescription so it's OK.

sedated
05-07-2008, 03:17 PM
"It's mainly, from what I can tell, particularly targeted to minority communities."

are they going to ban McDonalds and Nike next?

Bugeater
05-07-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=57481&d=1148093213

Hydrae
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.590klbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=90634

Pflugerville Teen Charged with Selling "Magic" Brownies at School
5/6/2008

A Pflugerville teen is facing felony charges after officers say she was selling marijuana brownies at her high school.

Roger Wade with the Travis County Sheriff's Department says officers responded to John Connelly High School when a sixteen-year-old student was sent to the nurse's office and eventually to the hospital, complaining of an elevated heart rate. According to the arrest affidavit, the girl told authorities she had eaten a marijuana brownie she bought from another student.

Wade says the student said to have sold the girl the brownie was brought to the office, where she told deputies and school administrators she did have brownies with her and that they were laced with marijuana. She was arrested and is charged with Delivery of Marijuana to a Child, a second degree felony. Because she is seventeen, the girl is being charged as an adult.

No other charges have been filed in the case so far, although Wade says officers are looking into who else may have bought brownies.

last modified: 5/7/2008 7:09:22 AM

Have to give her credit for creativity in money raising. :)

trndobrd
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Sucker is the buyer

Only someone who buys a couple of those oregano flavored lollipops.

rtmike
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
i've had some really, really good hash brownies and cookies back in the day --- good taste too :)

I remember being in a fog for days afterwards. Each morning I woke up hoping it would get better. :spock:

QuikSsurfer
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I remember being in a fog for days afterwards. Each morning I woke up hoping it would get better. :spock:

At the time I was eating shit like this, I had a serious tolerance built up.. these days, i'd be out like the fat kid in dodge ball.

CoMoChief
05-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I want to know the people that market this product and slap them.

People don't smoke pot because of it's "taste".

I can only imagine the candy tastes like pure dogshit.

Hammock Parties
05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Heh, I didn't even know about this stuff until River Falls last year.

crispystl
05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Heh, I didn't even know about this stuff until River Falls last year.

What stuff? Weed? You need to leave your mom's basement more often.